Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigeria Yesterday Lost Her Position As Africa's Largest Economy To S.africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Yesterday Lost Her Position As Africa's Largest Economy To S.africa (327 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / "I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Yesterday Lost Her Position As Africa's Largest Economy To S.africa by jerryism(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2016
It is now official! Nigeria yesterday lost her position as Africa's largest economy to South Africa. Nigeria rose to become Africa's largest economy in 2014 but her reign as Africa's economic giant has ended just after two years. The South African economy is now bigger than that of Nigeria by a whooping $5 billion! The decline of the Nigerian economy began during the six months Buhari operated without a cabinet or an economic team and allowed the economy to drift. Things were made worse by the incompetent team he appointed and the implementation of archaic monetary and fiscal policies. The Buhari worshippers will obviously deny this fact and rather blame the immediate past administration of Jonathan for the loss of Nigeria's position as Africa's largest economy. Considering the fact that Nigeria became Africa's economic giant under Jonathan, does the argument that the same man is responsible for her economic decline which has now been officially acknowledged make sense? Buhari worshippers need help.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is My Country? / Is This Not Wisdom? / Nigeria Records Negative GDP Growth For Second Consecutive Quarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.