Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips (22164 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Isaac Fayose With His Son, Oyinbo Wife & His Mother, Victoria Olufunke Oluwayose / Olufunke Kolawole Murdered In Abuja (Osun Permanent Secretary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by LOquence: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by ikwubaba: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
oyb:
all this whining and apologizing for voting PMB is what makes black people disrespected all over the world

Pussieees.

once the going gets tough, we cave in like little biatches.

exactly what was expected? that PMB would wave a magic wand and our depleted foreign reserves and compromised income would right itself?

its sad that we never picked british toughness during colonization.

if brits reasoned like Nigerians, they would have caved in during the blitz. rather their resolve got stronger.

let me quote tupac

“I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.”

dont fall to pieces when it gets tough.

my real issue with PMB is public orientation. he expects nigerians to have sense and know what is good for us. but most of us do not. we like, the isrealites, still yearn for the comforts of slavery. that orientation, for quick fixes, quick money, no thought of the future, mental indiscipline, thats what PMB needs to address. the reorientation of the nigerian mind

i fear though, that a generation may already be lost. just look at the things you see kids posting on NL

Me too I fear o. Even a kindergarten will understand that things will get tough if daddy's income reduces by 1/2. I can swear that even toddlers will smell the air and guess things are not easy.
I do not think that those ranting here do not get it anyway. They are taking advantage of the larger uneducated and slow thinking fishlike brain masses who are just ok to chop today and allow tomorrow take care of itself. Reason they support economic saboteurs like NDAs. Their hope is to quickly enthrone another corrupt government where they or their paymaster will leaching from.

Check them carefully, they know what they are doing. Even a fool cum slow thinker will not be attempting to project GEJ as a hero. Not with the revelations of the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, the boat has sailed. In 2019, things would become more glaring. Corrupt men will not smell the presidency. Not while PMB is there. Not so soon.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by lailo: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dat Buhari has not performed does not make GEJ a better choice.GEJ was no go area which means death for Nigerians.GEJ government was a death government and Buhari going by what is still happening now is a sleeping government.Should we have prefered death to sleep?i beg when we wake up from our sleeping government,we go put in better person.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
gists:
Don't get it twisted lol.
If the election were to be repeated today between GEJ and PMB, I will still vote for PMB.

I have said it looong before the election that all I want from PMB is restore security and reduce corruption (note I didn't say eliminate). So far he is doing a wonderful job. Although his score is dropping a bit because of the herdsmen attacks and militancy which he hasn't fully addressed.

Some of us never expected him to perform magic with the economy. Not after all that has been looted. All those who think PMB has failed are just plain ....... (fill in the gap)

You have a government that is short of revenue and is not borrowing recklessly like the other admin just to pay salary. And yet PMB is funding projects everywhere and you guys say he has failed. Is it the GEJ gov. that slashed the budget for the entire ministry of work to N11b.
And how on earth can you be singing and dancing because we were told we were the biggest economy in Africa merely after rebasing (recalculated) our economic indices. Although even as at that time, it was obvious that South Africa was and is still better in the other indices. When I said it way back in 2014 in the height of the euphoria of the false status, a UK report came out which kind of support my point:

Now that eye don clear. Una now dey blame PMB.
For me I will still vote him if there is no better alternatives. And I don't see anyone in pdp right now or in the foreseeable future.
I love ur insightful comment. May God bless u my broda. Some pple's brain on Nairaland need formating walahi
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by ogawisdom(m): 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
ikwubaba:

GEJ should have been better? waoh!!! I think our low IQ is allowing us take this joke too far. Apart from SS (our brother) and SE (haters of anything Hausa) who else thought and presently think so. A dead PMB is still better than a wholesome failure pls pls... na make person vex.

Jonathan fuel 87 chief zombie 145-But many times we bought at 200-250 despite the subsidy regime. but converting to dollar, 87 @ 170 to a dollar is = $0.511 (51 cents) and under PMB, 145 to a dollar @ 400 = $0.36 (36 cents) without subsidy. Since petrol na foreign product, which one cheap pass? Means, when Naira gains as it will surely will do, prices will drop even below 87 Naira.

Dollar 216 vs 415-We know the origin of this. Demand for dollar outpacing forex flow. And with the help of NDA forex further reduced. It was being artificially held by past governent. And this was not sustainable anyway. Reason Why NOI cried out.
Rice 11k vs 20k- Do the maths again with dollar as the bases. It is effectively cheaper.
D list is endless

Igbos aka Igbos are d wisest in naija d acclaimed 5% they were d only ppl D rejected cursed buhari at d polls. Bring back GEJ-No need to address this one. You are joking right? GEJ on his own cannot win a village head talk less of Nigerian president. In any case, looks like you didn't know campaign has finished. Even the election is over. If you like to be taken seriously, then say meaningful things.

All u wrote shows u r a complete pathological foo.l. A million zombie buhari can't equal one Jonathan get dt into ur thick skull. Only idiots like u won't understand.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by uppa(m): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
nnachukz:
It was inevitable to those whose reasoning was covered by pure hatred for GEJ. Those who searched for perfection from a human but ended up embracing the devil just to mock the humans.
pure hatred?, are you for real? so GEJ hasn't done enough damage? the situation we find ourselves in was brought upon us by who? he was a careless ruler, and he allowed every corrupt practices during his reign. so what hatred are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by buchilino(m): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

I will never reply yu untill yu start thinking..
Pls who is a thief and who r the religious bigots pls..

Pls be objective and make ur point with a significant proof...

I DON'T EVEN NO WHERE TO START WITH U. SIMPLE QUESTION U CANT ANSWER
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by mikolo80: 2:54am On Aug 13, 2016
splenzard:
it was inevitable because we didn't value what we had we rather had ourselves believing in promises that were too good to be true.

Come 2019, I would rather vote KOWA than make the same mistake twice angry
what did you have. Are you high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by thedarkside: 4:58am On Aug 13, 2016
Merlissa:
I was browsing through facebook and I came upon this write up and I totally agree with her.. .

What's your take? ?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153669151871367&id=657356366&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153669151871367%3Atl_objid.10153669151871367%3Athid.657356366%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1472713199%3A8254272089278323911&__tn__=%2As

sai,,,walahi....she is right!........

we wouldnt have survide another 4 years with jonathan....boko still flexing muscle somehow,naija-delta-scavengers and friends,mend,ibob,biafra,...

how you want to make this peoples happy without money??....

jonathan understood what he was doing....he made them silent with money,to give you peace of mind..!!!!!

now,their is no money left,,,,,what you want to do now??....
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by nuelsylves(m): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
saintdennis:

Why they needed it? Allocation was dwindling primarily due to drop in oil prices.

Why other states weren't bailed out? That's not my problem

How is FG Responsible?

Ok lemme answer your question with this question.

HOW IS BUHARI-LED FG RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NEW ROUND OF STATE BANKRUPTCIES WHERE STATES LIKE BAYELSA, EKITI, OYO ETC ARE OWING SALARIES?

I believe your answer to this question automatically answers your 3rd Q.

Hmm!
Your inability to answer my 2nd question should tell you that your answer to my 1st question was wrong, same reason why you tried to answer my 3rd question with a question.

Bro!
Let's we the youth always try and analyse things the way it ought to be irrespective of our various political affiliations.

I can't blame the inability of some states to pay salaries on Buhari. That won't be fair.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Cityguy: 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
Would someone kindly tell these people Jonathan left power for them more than a year ago? I honestly hope this is not what we will continue the rest of this administration's life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Second Wave: No Fresh Lockdown, Lai Mohammed Insists / Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Security Agents Comb Site In New Push Against Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.