Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips (22143 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Isaac Fayose With His Son, Oyinbo Wife & His Mother, Victoria Olufunke Oluwayose / Olufunke Kolawole Murdered In Abuja (Osun Permanent Secretary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Merlissa(f): 1:20am On Aug 12, 2016
I was browsing through facebook and I came upon this write up and I totally agree with her.. .

What's your take? ?

Voting for Buhari was inevitable. The other option was untenable. Scratch that...there was no other option.

We did what we had to do to get Nigeria right and we will do it again. The way it's looking, we'd be doing it again pretty soon because Nigeria is nowhere near 'right'.

People are jaded and do you blame them? Honestly, do you really blame them? There are days I am emotionally drained about this country. I can't join this praise singing and say things are better. Maybe they will be but right now, I don't feel it. I sincerely hope things get better.

But we did what we had to do on March 28 2015. I am not apologising. I have no regrets. I will do it again. It shows how shitty the other option was that a man who had been rejected 3 times was voted in. We voted for hope.

It's been a tad disappointing and frankly, sometimes mind boggling the way things are being bungled left, right and centre but we will keep pressing on. 4 years is not a long time. Shape up or ship out. No time for iskanci.

I still have hope. As unreasonable as it seems. I do but if things continue the way they are going, that hope will die. It's no biggie. It is what it is.

So please, stop insulting those that are sorry they voted for Buhari. People have a right to be disappointed. Leave them alone. If they want to apologise let them. You don't have to accept their apology. I still for the life of me don't understand why they're apologising. They are better than you. You people still haven't apologised for wanting to foist GEJ on us a second time. Kuku kill us na.

And what is all this 'I told you' nonsense, you didn't have a better option so zip it. If I hear pim! The country was going to hell and we slowed down the pace.

You should be thanking us goddamnit.

You should.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153669151871367&id=657356366&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153669151871367%3Atl_objid.10153669151871367%3Athid.657356366%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1472713199%3A8254272089278323911&__tn__=%2As

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 12, 2016
it was inevitable because we didn't value what we had we rather had ourselves believing in promises that were too good to be true.

Come 2019, I would rather vote KOWA than make the same mistake twice angry

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 12, 2016
FACTX!!!!....

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by nnachukz(m): 1:32am On Aug 12, 2016
It was inevitable to those whose reasoning was covered by pure hatred for GEJ. Those who searched for perfection from a human but ended up embracing the devil just to mock the humans.

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Israeljones(m): 1:38am On Aug 12, 2016
splenzard:
it was inevitable because we didn't value what we had we rather had ourselves believing in promises that were too good to be true.

Yu simply dont know how to read bruh or perhaps u lack simple understanding..
The author of that write up simply pointed out that what we had was a no go area again and we had to move on to the next one and if the next one doesnt deliver we simply move to the next best one in the coming election....

nnachukz:
It was inevitable to those whose reasoning was
covered by pure hatred for GEJ. Those who searched for perfection from a human but ended up
embracing the devil just to mock the humans.
Bros stop spewing trash,, nobody hates gej,,Nigerians voted him out because we saw no future in him....and if the current administration proves to be the same we simply look for the best alternative no matter the party he rep or where he might come from,,,,the east,south,west or north...all we need is to be objective and stop this silly rants of hatred

211 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by AsoRockz01(m): 1:41am On Aug 12, 2016
It's obvious people didn't weigh to two options before making their decisions.
Something that was rejected for good 3 times all of a sudden became the choice for most Nigerians.

Accepted Nigerians werre betweenn the devil and the deep blue sea but I know in all these,we had a better option which was definitely not Buhari because his antecedents speaks for him already.

Please we are tired of listening to apologies and people telling us they will make the same mistake if faced with the same situation again. E Don do abeg.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by AsoRockz01(m): 1:43am On Aug 12, 2016
nnachukz:
It was inevitable to those whose reasoning was covered by pure hatred for GEJ. Those who searched for perfection from a human but ended up embracing the devil just to mock the humans.

nnachukz: may God bless your brain.

26 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 12, 2016
Change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by IstandWitBuhari: 4:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Its been almost two years since PDP handed over power to APC,let's see the number of wailers and Zombies we have on nairaland.
If you are Wailer click like,If you are a Zombie click share.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by KwaraRat: 5:01am On Aug 12, 2016
KwaraRat:

[size=18pt]Red Dawn: The Zombie Awakening[/size]

In the past 48hrs social media has been awash with many a repentant die hard "zombies" declaring their apology for campaigning with much zeal for the tyrant Buhari.

Don't let them fool you.

Most of the once avid change chanters are not in anyway repenting from their zombie ways out of concern for the deteriorating state of living and suffering currently sweeping the landscape but rather for their own selfish interests.

Long before twitter war lords like that shameless Omojuwa started renouncing their Buharist stance, here on nairaland avid APC propagandists have since gone cold in their support for Buhari .

It had nothing whatsoever to do with how Buhari continues to misrule our nation but because they felt cheated out of his govt. and the monthly stipends they once use to enjoy from their respective APC handlers has since stopped flowing.

Buhari being the ever sectional bigot from Duara went for an Ab0ki as his personal adviser on New Media - a first position ever created by any Presidency which translates roughly to an online chief propagandist.

The Lagos based shilling mafia littering cyberspace with all manner of cheap sleazy propaganda prior to the 2015 presidential elections has been relocated to Aso Rock.

Just like our malleable pay-per-post touts like TonyeBarcanista who will not hessiatate to bend down for the highest bidder, these political face shifting wh0res are only using their sleazey reputations as online shills to blackmail the Duara despot into accomodating them into his govt.

But what these shameless zombies for hire didn't bargain for is that Buhari does not give a rat's ass on what is posted and circulated on social media.

Buhari did not care when we complained of his pointless junkets , rather he increased his global tourism when we were shouting the most.

Buhari did not care of our fears of him running a one man show when we begged him to appoint ministers , rather he told us blankly that "ministers are mere noise makers".

Buhari did not and still does not give a damn about his Fulani herdsmen and the disturbing tacit support they get from his govt.

Or did Buhari care to do anything about the 2 month lingering fuel scarcity leading to the unprecedented hike of pump prices on fuel?

I can go on but let's just leave it at that.

What I do know is that these shameless jobbers made a career out of hating Jonathan.

Their handlers in the APC paid good money to these shameless clowns for them to post all manner of rubbish and cheap lies coupled with unrelentless insults on the person of the former Goodluck Jonathan and his wife. In order words GEJ was the reason they had a career as online shills in the first place.

I will only advice these shameless men and women of the shilling order to appreciate the huge differences inherent in the characters of Buhari and GEJ. While Goodluck will gladly look the other way as you hurled your sleaze , the Duara despot will send his dogs after you.

This isn't the first time Buhari has shown such "use and dump" characteristics.

In his first despotic coming, Buhari rode on the wave of a well orchestrated and relentless SW controlled Press propaganda against the Shagari regime. Just like during the GEJ era, the cry of "corruption" was highest under the civilian democratic govt of Shagari. All this of course was orchestrated by Awolowo to discredit the Shagari regime among his gullible newspaper reading populace in the SW. It is on this same fake corruption propaganda that Buhari used as an excuse to overthrow Shagari.

On getting to Dodan Barracks, Buhari knew very well the dangers the SW press mafia could employ to discredit his military junta, thus the need to enact the most draconian law ever enacted in the land in the form of Decree 4.

This is why the Buhari administration wasted no time in attempting to pass the now rejected Social Media bill - to effectively check the SW online propaganda machinery controlled from Bourdillon.

So my immediate advice is that you either Shutup on your endless online rants or find a way to get the Special Advicer on New Media to the Presidency to integrate you into his shameless office or wait till 2019 election year to be reassigned a temporary contract to paint the despot as a saint.

You will stand with Buhari and even follow him to the grave like the proverbial fly as you were all collectively part of the reason we have this incredibly unqualified individual in all ramifications as our President in the 21st century.

So Enjoy your damn Chanji!

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by knightsTempler: 5:18am On Aug 12, 2016
Some people need to be reminded that Goodluck Jonathan is gone and he is not coming back. So no need to keep running in circles, looking for excuses to defend Buhari and why Jonathan was not an option. Don't feel threatened.

What should threaten you is an Economy that is moving haphazardly without direction under this regime which have increase hardship and suffering.

So when next you buy a bucket of Garri for 800, a bag of rice for N20,000, fuel for N145 (that might soon become N180), cooking gas for N4,000, Kerosene for N300; keep saying "GEJ wasn't an option".

When your family members lament to you about how things have become worse, tell them "GEJ wasn't an option" because it makes you feel good.

Iranu!!!

141 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by sathel(m): 5:21am On Aug 12, 2016
The question lies;was there a better candidate? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Jengem: 5:22am On Aug 12, 2016
Stupid nigerians aka zombies will not kill us in this country

15 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by KwaraRat: 5:24am On Aug 12, 2016
knightsTempler:
Some people need to be reminded that Goodluck Jonathan is gone and he is not coming back. So no need to keep running in circles, looking for excuses to defend Buhari and why Jonathan was not an option. Don't feel threatened.

What should threaten you is an Economy that is moving haphazardly without direction under this regime which have increase hardship and suffering.

So when next you buy a bucket of Garri for 800, a bag of rice for N20,000, fuel for N145 (that might soon become N180), cooking gas for N4,000, Kerosene for N300; keep saying "GEJ wasn't an option".

When your family members lament to you about how things have become worse, tell them "GEJ wasn't an option" because it makes you feel good.

Iranu!!!

Deep down every zombie troll, is a love for GEJ.

Without Goodluck who go know the likes of Omojuwa whose only qualification to rant online was hinged on the basis that he was a dissatisfied Niger Deltan posting trash against Jonathan.

Isn't that how our own resident tout TonyeBarcanista got noticed here?

This is why they must always mention Jonathan.

They are the reason why senior Buhari ministers and appointees still blame Jonathan since the blame and insulting of Jonathan will get you noticed in Nigeria.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by 4Play(m): 6:11am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

The author of that write up simply pointed out that what we had was a no go area again and we had to move on to the next one and if the next one doesnt deliver we simply move to the next best one in the coming election...

What makes you confident you can vote out Buhari?

14 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by kendo19841: 6:18am On Aug 12, 2016
Nawao, everytime u hear Apc people talk they must blame Jonathan for their own failure. Am getting tired of this government walahi. CHANGE INDEED

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by freeze001(f): 6:26am On Aug 12, 2016
4Play:

This has always been my position! After foolishly handing power to such an ethnic bigot with d northern hegemonic agenda strongly behind him, who told them their votes will count? Can they not see what mini elections so far conducted have become? For d first time in Nigerian democracy, the INEC chairman is from the same tribe as the president; the entire security formation we have is headed by the same muslim northerners àppointed by a fellow northern president. Can such appointees be neutral?

Only major bloodshed and raw resistance like those displayed in Bayelsa and Rivers can remove the leadership of this country from the d hands of d kleptomatic, backward, polio bearing north. Either that or nature intervenes and they are no longer available to stand elections.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by omaiyale: 6:35am On Aug 12, 2016
The funny part is that Northerners will always support their own it will only take a miracle for Buhari not to win in 2019.

The South West still hold the key to Aso Villa in the next general election

7 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by d4guy: 7:12am On Aug 12, 2016
splenzard:

So we had something during gej's regime? .. lok

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by KwaraRat: 7:22am On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:
The funny part is that Northerners will always support their own it will only take a miracle for Buhari not to win in 2019.

If you like still go ahead and vote the dullard and see if you will recognise Nigeria afterwards.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2016
Yorubas be trying very hard to justify their glaring failures. You made a heck of a mistake, bite the humble pie, apologize and move on, mbanu, never! Coming down from their high horse is a onerous task.
Saying a simple "sorry" is an abomination.
Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth, yorubas voted out the last administration cos they didn't like the face of the man in power, they couldn't just fathom any other than a SW or Northerner in power. But just like in the case of Mandela, whose greatness shone brighter after he left power, the same now applies to the immediate past president. Whom God has blessed, no man can cause.
We know you guys made a mistake by preferring a dullard to be ur leader and we're seeing the obvious effect, buh stop with the justification of your inadequacies and errors of judgment, Nigeria has moved on long ago.
And if you still feel haunted by your past action (esp as the hunger is biting harder [boy! no one eats like the yorubas], and you can't reconcile urself with the realities of today) , then knock urself out with this.......

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Firefire(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2016
[size=13pt]idiotic post to justify your senseless suffering. [/size]

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by agabusta: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:

And the peeps opposed to Buhari are still yet to attain political maturity. They think it's by abuses and half truths. Despite all the abuses and half truths of pre 2015 elections, Buhari still won.

Exactly same mistake PDP made by focusing on abuses instead of showing better alternatives.

If it continues this way, Buhari may still win 2nd term with the help of the south west. The SW voters are less emotional and sentimental. People opposed to Buhari are just too emotional emphatically refusing to acknowledge the foundation of the economic problems we are having now.

Just watch how they will respond with abuses to this my post.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Yujin(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=KwaraRat post=48406198][/quote]
Excellento! Mucha gracias friend.
@topic, this unrepentant writer the OP quoted is will be so humbled that she will cry her eyes out of the suffering she will partake of her choice in voting Buhari. I have said it , anyone who cares can save this comment and watch the lady cry out in no distant future.
Dem never chi chom chin.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by argon500: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2016
I love that.. Seriously, i don't know why we Nigerians are complaining bitterly.Did our problem just started today?. 2019 is around the corner, I am very sure Nigerians would do the same thing come 2019. It is either we retain this present government or vote them out. Though Bubu may be slow but I think he is getting it right.. That doesn't justify the suffering in the land but I believe with time, things suppose to change for good.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by agabusta: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Yorubas be trying very hard to justify their glaring failures. You made a heck of a mistake, bite the humble pie, apologize and move on, mbanu, never! Coming down from their high horse is a onerous task.
Saying a simple "sorry" is an abomination.
Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth, yorubas voted out the last administration cos they didn't like the face of the man in power, they couldn't just fathom any other than a SW or Northerner in power. But just like in the case of Mandela, whose greatness shone brighter after he left power, the same now applies to the immediate past president. Whom God has blessed, no man can cause.
We know you guys made a mistake by preferring a dullard to be ur leader and we're seeing the obvious effect, buh stop with the justification of your inadequacies and errors of judgment, Nigeria has moved on long ago.
And if you still feel haunted by your past action (esp as the hunger is biting harder [boy! no one eats like the yorubas], and you can't reconcile urself with the realities of today) , then knock urself out with this.......

You guys entertain yourselves a lot with deception. All what you wrote there is balderdash.

The SW still gave GEJ about 45% or more of their votes.

How come you people find it difficult to understand that, disagreeing with GEJ's style of leadership and administration does not mean he is hated in the SW??

Please don't equate your hatred for Buhari to generalize that the SW also hate GEJ.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by argon500: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

The author of that write up simply pointed out that what we had was a no go area again and we had to move on to the next one and if the next one doesnt deliver we simply move to the next best one in the coming election....

Bros stop spewing trash,, nobody hates gej,,Nigerians voted him out because we saw no future in him....and if the current administration proves to be the same we simply look for the best alternative no matter the party he rep or where he might come from,,,,the east,south,west or north...all we need is to be objective and stop this silly rants of hatred

I tire for them ooo.. By 2019, if Buhari hasn't convinced Nigerians enough, na to vote him out same way Jonathan was voted out..

7 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by gists: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2016
Don't get it twisted lol.
If the election were to be repeated today between GEJ and PMB, I will still vote for PMB.

I have said it looong before the election that all I want from PMB is restore security and reduce corruption (note I didn't say eliminate). So far he is doing a wonderful job. Although his score is dropping a bit because of the herdsmen attacks and militancy which he hasn't fully addressed.

Some of us never expected him to perform magic with the economy. Not after all that has been looted. All those who think PMB has failed are just plain ....... (fill in the gap)

You have a government that is short of revenue and is not borrowing recklessly like the other admin just to pay salary. And yet PMB is funding projects everywhere and you guys say he has failed. Is it the GEJ gov. that slashed the budget for the entire ministry of work to N11b.
And how on earth can you be singing and dancing because we were told we were the biggest economy in Africa merely after rebasing (recalculated) our economic indices. Although even as at that time, it was obvious that South Africa was and is still better in the other indices. When I said it way back in 2014 in the height of the euphoria of the false status, a UK report came out which kind of support my point:

Nigeria Ranked Least Prosperous Nation In The World
In spite of the new found status of Nigeria as the largest economy in Africa, the country has been ranked not only as one of the world’s least prosperous countries in 2014, but also one of Africa’s poorest nation beaten by smaller countries like Niger, Benin, Mali and Cameroun, an annual global prosperity survey released this week has said.

According to a report released by a UK based Legatum Institute, a research organization that documents annual prosperity indicators around the world, listed Nigeria as the 125th out of 142 countries surveyed.

Despite Nigeria’s acclaimed $510bn economy, the nation failed to make the list of Africa’s top 10 most prosperous countries, a league dominated hitherto by Botswana and South Africa.
http://leadership.ng/news/396558/nigeria-ranked-least-prosperous-nation-world-2

Now that eye don clear. Una now dey blame PMB.
For me I will still vote him if there is no better alternatives. And I don't see anyone in pdp right now or in the foreseeable future.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Israeljones(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2016
4Play:

And what makes you confident he cant be voted out?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by DabuIIIT: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Its been almost two years since PDP handed over power to APC,let's see the number of wailers and Zombies we have on nairaland.
If you are Wailer click like,If you are a Zombie click share.

what do we click to break botto 4 ya head?
grin

6 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Izonpikin: 8:14am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

And what makes you confident he cant be voted out?
his close friend is the inec chairman...expect the elections to tilt as usual. ...buhari won't make the same mistake gej made...by being fair... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by xtophy(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
splenzard:

KOWA is always d way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

June 12: Peter Obi's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon / Mr. Aye Dee Joins APC, PDP Supporters Cry Foul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.