Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49199 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
I will carry on next year.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Guys help me out. My reference is showing 1 & 3 of 3 . Please what does it mean? Is my reference complete?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
PhilJames:
Guys help me out. My reference is showing
1 & 3 of 3 . Please what does it mean? Is my reference complete?

Means only one out of your three referees have sent back their reference to commonwealth, try to contact those that are yet to send theirs.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by KingBish(f): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hello mods: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez please could you kindly move this thread to the front page?

We need as many views as possible, so that people who have gone through this process in the past would share their experience and advise with us.

Thanks a lot
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
PhilJames:
Guys help me out. My reference is showing
1 & 3 of 3 . Please what does it mean? Is my reference complete?

@khattab008 u r misleading him....it means that referee 1 and referee 3 have submitted, its remaining referee 2. go to the referee page and check which of them is referee 2 and contact the person

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 4:41am On Nov 27, 2016
Chigojude:

@khattab008 u r misleading him....it means that referee 1 and referee 3 have submitted, its remaining referee 2. go to the referee page and check which of them is referee 2 and contact the person
Thank you so much... I hv contacted my referee

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 6:27am On Nov 27, 2016
PhilJames:

Thank you so much... I hv contacted my referee

Sorry for the misinformation, it was not intended.

@Chigojude thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by surddy: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2016
khattab008:

Don't know if they will accept it, will mail them tomorrow and see what their response will be.
Me too. Am afraid they might not reply the mail though...I mailed them sometime ago and never got a reply. I'll try out their numbers too sha
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EngrStacia: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello room
Congratulations to all that completed their forms and made it thus far.
Please I want to know if anyone has got a contact at either federal medical centre or national hospital ABUJA for this certificate of fitness to obtain it at minimum cost and time. Biko help a sister out.

Also I don't have an offer letter yet for the schools I applied to, what can be done about that? Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
EngrStacia:
Hello room
Please I want to know if anyone has got a contact at either federal medical centre or national hospital ABUJA for this certificate of fitness to obtain it at minimum cost and time. Biko help a sister out.

Also I don't have an offer letter yet for the schools I applied to, what can be done about that? Thanks.
To be very candid, the admission letter is like a compulsory document, when I spoke with someone from FSB she strongly emphasised 1. Minimum of 2:1 (2. NYSC discharge certificate (3. Admission letter
So I'll advise you call the school and tell them how urgent it is or take the leap of faith and attend the interview.

Regarding the Medical certificate, you can certainly get it from teaching hospitals in other states it is not compulsory it comes from an Abuja health facility... Time flies.....
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
surddy:

Me too. Am afraid they might not reply the mail though...I mailed them sometime ago and never got a reply. I'll try out their numbers too sha
Frankly speaking, without the NYSC discharge certificate there's no way one will pass the screening stage. But you can try in faith.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Jefa4real: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingBish:
Hello mods: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez please could you kindly move this thread to the front page?

We need as many views as possible, so that people who have gone through this process in the past would share their experience and advise with us.

Thanks a lot
I'll advise you do the search yourself, have you bothered googling previous threads of this scholarship on Nairaland? it is loaded with almost everything you'll need.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
khattab008:

Sorry for the misinformation, it was not intended.
@Chigojude thanks for the correction.
No offence taken my brother. Thank u so much for ur effort
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please someone should help me with the direction to Federal Scholarship Board Office Opposite Arewa suite... I will be coming from the East
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
EngrStacia:
Hello room

You can always get the medical stuff at any teaching hospital or FMC in your state. It's not compulsory you come to Abuja. In fact National hospital is a bit expensive. So get it before coming.

About your admission letter, mail the schools you are seeking admission into. And tell them about the conditions laid down by FSB. That you need a decision before Wednesday. They are also human beings. They will reply you speedily.
I trust foreign schools.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
PhilJames:
Please someone should help me with the direction to Federal Scholarship Board Office Opposite Arewa suite... I will be coming from the East

If I were you, I would come a day before, lodge somewhere and get prepared.
But if I insist coming on that day, I would take a drop from Jabi garage to Arewa suites instead of trying to enter along. It should be in the range of 250-300 sha.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jefa4real:

I'll advise you do the search yourself, have you bothered googling previous threads of this scholarship on Nairaland? it is loaded with almost everything you'll need.

In fact every information is online. Previous year threads.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by KingBish(f): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
Many thanks to you two, Jefa4real and KingJB.
I've read through the threads for the previous years.
The level of frustration and disappointment that previous applicants expressed about fsb is very discouraging tho

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingJB:

If I were you, I would come a day before, lodge somewhere and get prepared.
But if I insist coming on that day, I would take a drop from Jabi garage to Arewa suites instead of trying to enter along. It should be in the range of 250-300 sha.
Thanks. Please is the FSB office close to National Mosque?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by surddy: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jefa4real:

Frankly speaking, without the NYSC discharge certificate there's no way one will pass the screening stage. But you can try in faith.
Sounds right! The emphasis on the poster speaks volume. But the annoying thing is that fsb has no hand in funding the scholarship and in short, their nomination doesn't even guarantee someone of being awarded the scholarship but yet they attached all kind of crappy conditions to the nomination interview...So bad!
Best wishes to all that would make it to the interview! Be confident!

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingBish:
Many thanks to you two, Jefa4real and KingJB.
I've read through the threads for the previous years.
The level of frustration and disappointment that previous applicants expressed about fsb is very discouraging tho

We can only hope to be selected. We will try our best and leave the rest to God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EngrStacia: 4:27am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello
Thanks for the info.
I m already in Abuja that's y I m asking.
KingJB:

You can always get the medical stuff at any teaching hospital or FMC in your state. It's not compulsory you come to Abuja. In fact National hospital is a bit expensive. So get it before coming.

About your admission letter, mail the schools you are seeking admission into. And tell them about the conditions laid down by FSB. That you need a decision before Wednesday. They are also human beings. They will reply you speedily.
I trust foreign schools.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 28, 2016
My interview is on Thursday andI am coming from Lagos. Since I am working, my plan is to go Bt night bus on Wednesday. Does anyone know about these transport lines, customer services and their arrival time. Pls advise
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EmanA1928(m): 5:55am On Nov 28, 2016
My opinion though. I attended the interview conducted by FSB last year and it was the most disorganised thing ever. I seriously doubt the CSC folks would be pleased if they had been there. The organisation was poor and confusion the order of the day.
Given the large number of people, many persons should have been involved in the screening and interview. Alas,i think there wew only 5 people doing the interview. And so some people scheduled to do the first day ended up doing thiers on day 2. There were those who did thiers very late in the night.
Hence be prepared to be there for a long time except they have organised themselves.
It is usually oral in nature. Questions like what did you study, waht did you finish with, what area of study? Do you volunteer? There's no specific rule followed in the question asked.
For those without an nysc discharge cert, chamces are slim you'd scale the screening not to talk of an interview. But this is nigeria, anything is possible. But if you must go,best prepare yourself for a rejection.
The entire process could be better organised in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2016
EmanA1928:
My opinion though. I attended the interview conducted by FSB last year and it was the most disorganised thing ever. I seriously doubt the CSC folks would be pleased if they had been there. The organisation was poor and confusion the order of the day.
Given the large number of people, many persons should have been involved in the screening and interview. Alas,i think there wew only 5 people doing the interview. And so some people scheduled to do the first day ended up doing thiers on day 2. There were those who did thiers very late in the night.
Hence be prepared to be there for a long time except they have organised themselves.
It is usually oral in nature. Questions like what did you study, waht did you finish with, what area of study? Do you volunteer? There's no specific rule followed in the question asked.
For those without an nysc discharge cert, chamces are slim you'd scale the screening not to talk of an interview. But this is nigeria, anything is possible. But if you must go,best prepare yourself for a rejection.

You do not know how helpful this piece is to me. I am grateful. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 28, 2016
EngrStacia:
Hello
Thanks for the info.
I m already in Abuja that's y I m asking.

Go to UATH at gwagwalada
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EngrStacia: 11:51am On Nov 28, 2016
Did they allow people without admission letters. I have contacted my schools but yet to get any response from them
EmanA1928:
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
sshola:
My interview is on Thursday andI am coming from Lagos. Since I am working, my plan is to go Bt night bus on Wednesday. Does anyone know about these transport lines, customer services and their arrival time. Pls advise

Try ABC or Chisco. I guess they are reliable. They have buses from jibowu-Utako.

But you can make your own findings too.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na so e happen today o. Went to LASUTH for medical certificate, nahim I meet one guy o. E tell me say to go thru all the tests na 22k...I shout Cheysoo!

Nahim we start to bargain o...long and short, I just do HIV screening o (guy see fear as my result come out o) I don dey read Psalm 250

...even though I did it last in July...you get na

7k sha drop sha and I come house...the guy really try for me
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by valoskey(m): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2016
My friend told me about the aplication but never finished because he got tired of the whole show. Another friend of mine who informed me about the email eventually wasnt elgible due to his CGPA and admission letter. Finally, I did my fitness report in LASUTH today for 3k. Really looking forward to the intervie. Wishing everyone all the best!!!
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by EmanA1928(m): 3:40am On Nov 29, 2016
EngrStacia:
Did they allow people without admission letters. I have contacted my schools but yet to get any response from them
Weĺl to the best of my knowledge,i think its a 50-50 thing. You meed evidence of an offer of admission at the screening stage. While some of the people were particular about it,some weren't.
It would be good to go with one,but given that the schools you applied to haven't responded, you could take the risk and go ahead
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by PhilJames: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Please someone should help me out, is the Federal Scholarship Board Office close to the National Mosque?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting! / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.