Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me (1999 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good day Nairalanders!Pls,I need your advice urgently.Towards the middle of last month,I went to the VIO office to get a new driver's licence and was told by one of the officers that it now has a new process.Was told the new processing fee is now 25k: 15k for the licence and 10k for the driving certificate (which he said would be ready in 26 working days)
Now,the issue is this: he told me to make an advance payment of 10k for the driving certificate and that I should call him after the 26 working days to know if the certificate is ready before I go for data capture.I called him earlier today for the certificate and he started telling me some unpleasant stories that FRSC haven't issued out any licence for the past two months and that I should call him from time to time for any new development.
Pls,what do I do about this issue?I need the licence as a matter of urgency.Pls help me!
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by diportivo: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
You my friend, av been scammed cry

Go and collect ur 10k advance back o
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
U must ve fallen in d category of those whose certificates have not been printed before d old portal was blocked. meetings r ongoing to ascertain when it will be unblocked to enable certificates to be printed.

Next meeting wt d FRSC boss is scheduled on d 19th of this month, we r hoping after den, d portal will be unblocked to enable all certificates printed out.

I suggest u contact him again after dat date, don't think he has scammed u.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2016
pattybf:
U must ve fallen in d category of those whose certificates have not been printed before d old portal was blocked. meetings r ongoing to ascertain when it will be unblocked to enable certificates to be printed.

Next meeting wt d FRSC boss is scheduled on d 19th of this month, we r hoping after den, d portal will be unblocked to enable all certificates printed out.

Oh ok!Thanks very much sis!I so appreciate.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Hemanwel:

my pleasure!
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by davit: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hemanwel:

Nevertheless, endeavour to patronise those we already vouch for on this forum like pattybf and the likes.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 4:41am On Aug 14, 2016
davit:

Nevertheless, endeavour to patronise those we already vouch for on this forum like pattybf and the likes.

thanks!
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 5:08am On Aug 14, 2016
davit:

Honestly, didn't know we have such a person around here.Would have been more relaxing patronising her than..
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by adanny01(m): 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
pattybf:

It seems you have good knowledge on the DL issues. My DL will expire January on my birthday, i heard someone say that one must get a driving school cert, it doesnt matter whether its a renewal, reissue or new DL. That made no sense to me. I expect that only people who are applying for the first time need to get a driving cert, if no, that mean that every 3years i need a driving cert to renew drivers licence.

I attempted to start renewal process but the site replied "expiry date is more than 30 days".

Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
adanny01:

It seems you have good knowledge on the DL issues. My DL will expire January on my birthday, i heard someone say that one must get a driving school cert, it doesnt matter whether its a renewal, reissue or new DL. That made no sense to me. I expect that only people who are applying for the first time need to get a driving cert, if no, that mean that every 3years i need a driving cert to renew drivers licence.

I attempted to start renewal process but the site replied "expiry date is more than 30 days".

U don't need a certificate for renewal, whoever told u dat was wrong, unlike applying for a fresh license, u can get ur license renewed within a day or two at worst, same goes for reissue!

yes, ur license must be 30days or less to expiration before u can renew it!

u can contact me for assistance when its time for ur license renewal!

1 Like

Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by AdemolaA2: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
pattybf:

U don't need a certificate for renewal, whoever told u dat was wrong, unlike applying for a fresh license, u can get ur license renewed within a day or two at worst, same goes for reissue!

Good evening Madam , I was driving down to lagos from Kogi state today when high way mobile policemen stopped me for my vehicle particulars routine check . I tendered my tinted permit and was told it's an old one . I was also told that the new issuance of the tint permit just started last month and it has picture profile and electronic signature on it just like we have on driver's license.

Please , help confirm these statements madam .

Thanks !!!
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
AdemolaA2:
Good evening Madam , I was driving down to lagos from Kogi state today when high way mobile policemen stopped me for my vehicle particulars routine check . I tendered my tinted permit and was told it's an old one . I was also told that the new issuance of the tint permit just started last month and it has picture profile and electronic signature on it just like we have on driver's license.

Please , help confirm these statements madam .

Thanks !!!

yes, there is a new online tinted replacing d offline type. the last time I checked tho, d capturing machine was not yet available in all states, not even in Lagos, which means d normal tinted was still allowed pending when d machines will be available.

https://www.nairaland.com/2844971/vehicle-tinted-glass-permit-now

u may look up d above link for more info.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by princemillla(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
pattybf:

yes, there is a new online tinted replacing d offline type. the last time I checked tho, d capturing machine was not yet available in all states, not even in Lagos, which means d normal tinted was still allowed pending when d machines will be available.

https://www.nairaland.com/2844971/vehicle-tinted-glass-permit-now

u may look up d above link for more info.

Good information.
Police won't want to hear, stories about one machine is not available. Most of them are not even aware t this new tinted permint . last time I checked their HQ , I was the one teaching them about the new online tinted permit.

Nevertheless, you can still hold on to ur previous permit while you present them a print out of the online application only for prove of enrollment
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2016
@pattybf,pls what was the decision of the FRSC,after their friday meeting,as regards the issuance of driver's licence?
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hemanwel:
@pattybf,pls what was the decision of the FRSC,after their friday meeting,as regards the issuance of driver's licence?

u can contact him again, he should ve something positive for u now.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
pattybf:

u can contact him again, he should ve something positive for u now.
Alright.God bless you abundantly!
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigeria is a funny country, so we need certificates inorder to drive a car.

I thought going to a driving school and passing the VIO drive test was ok.

No wonder we have all sorts of nonsense activity on the road because people just pay money and collect driving certificates only to be rewarded with free Death Certificates for their efforts. What a shame! sad
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by ikdaddy01(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
if only we know the shortcuts...
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Almaiga: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
pattybf:

I need an advice here, i lost my Drivers license and i have done all the necesary things required by law. I mean, Court affidevict and a Police report. My problem is this, i dont have a photocopy of my lost Drivers license or the identification number. How will my case be solved?
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
Almaiga:

I need an advice here, i lost my Drivers license and i have done all the necesary things required by law. I mean, Court affidevict and a Police report. My problem is this, i dont have a photocopy of my lost Drivers license or the identification number. How will my case be solved?

i'm assuming its not yet expired n dat it is an original license, if dat is d case, u can get a reissue. contact me for an assistance.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2016
@pattybf,this man says the problem has not been rectified.How true is this?
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by pattybf(f): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hemanwel:
@pattybf,this man says the problem has not been rectified.How true is this?

we were told it was rectified n dat certificates will be printed, our own driving school even demanded for extra fee on each cert which we agreed to pay but up till now, we ve not seen anything. so he may be right. just exercise patience, I believe it will still be resolved.
Re: Please Help!a Vio Officer Is About To Scam Me by Hemanwel(m): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2016
pattybf:

we were told it was rectified n dat certificates will be printed, our own driving school even demanded for extra fee on each cert which we agreed to pay but up till now, we ve not seen anything. so he may be right. just exercise patience, I believe it will still be resolved.
ok..thanks a lot!

(1) (Reply)

Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 / Is 5 Plug Engine (Volvo) Advisable? / Top 10 Richest Footballers In Nigeria And Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.