Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) (43159 Views)

Ecstatic Egyptian Disabled Fan Goes Wild As They Qualify For World Cup (Photo) / RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by alwelldinho(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2016
Either way, Egyptians back home will surely kill him for losing to an Israeli. Mark my words
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Muslims make up over 94% of the population of egypt.
It used to be a pagan country and a very advanced pagan country but muslims managed to jihad the hell out of them.. so 94% added with the nepotism and persecution of nonmuslims it is hard to believe that the Egyptian who refused to shake the israeli is a nonmuslim.. and judging by his 2 fistfuls of beard he is 99% muslim..

He lost to the Israeli like all warring muslims will..
Advanced indeed. Nepotism doesn't exist in Nigeria abi? See ur pathetic life. What truth can a bigot like u see in muslims,none. Get a life.
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

Your are a fool, I swear! Just make your point and move along!
I gree. But u are a bigger FOOL.
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2016
Skelewu:

Filthy, hate-filled Muslim! So, because Arabs and jews have been at loggerheads, the moronic Egyptian should not shake hands with an Israeli in a sporting competition?

Your level of bigotry and hatred stinks to the high heavens. People like you are the reason why the world is held to ransom by jihadists maiming and killing innocent people in accordance with your Allah's injunction.

Bunch of bloodthirsty sons of Satan!
See this cunt. If u weren't full of ignorance u dis bitch,u'll see all the errors u xtians keep making all the time. By who's injunction are u retards so full of IGNORANCE? I aint a bigot like u,u fool. In my family we're mixed hence we know what tolerance is about. But morons like u,knw nothing abt such. No wonder politicians use religion 2 fool idiots like U. God punish u there.
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by oodua1stson: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
Arabs and Muslims are offended by everything and sorry for nothing

Despicable lots.

A curse on this planet
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by parisbookaddict(f): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
jelal007:
Advanced indeed. Nepotism doesn't exist in Nigeria abi? See ur pathetic life. What truth can a bigot like u see in muslims,none. Get a life.

Oh i tot u said he was not a muslim.. now u turn to insults.. typical muslim behaviour. . Go comb your beard i have nothing more to say to u.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
parisbookaddict:

Oh i tot u said he was not a muslim.. now u turn to insults.. typical muslim behaviour. . Go comb your beard i have nothing more to say to u.
Insults? I just pointed out fallacies in ur post. As 4 combing my beard,I'll definitely do that. Thank U. I've got nothing more 2 say a phobe,bigot and a hater of muslims.
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by ddippset(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
kernel504:

Nobody from your state or not country can match José not even your children's children...Tell me, how does it feel to be insulted?
lol. Is Jose Mourinho your father or your guardian? Anyway saying someone is a sore loser isn't an insult. It simply means that such person doesn't know how to handle losses, such person always loses control when they suffer a loss. How is that an insult? Anyway God bless you my Child.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by blackprowler: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
nyabinghi:
yet your pastors keep raping kids, women, robbing and doing rituals. In cambodia mfm church was used as a drug haven. Christianity is shit.

The usual defence. Mumu, I don't have a religion. Both of you are from Abraham: you have the same evil text. Christians have learnt to ignore theirs
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by FemiMaduka(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=iliyande post=48430310]In latest snub of Israel by Arab participant at Olympics, Islam el-Shahaby booed by Rio crowd for breaching judo tradition of respect following defeat by Or Sasson

Israeli judoka Or Sasson defeated Egyptian rival Islam El Shahaby in the first round of the men’s over-100kg competition at the Rio Games on Friday, and was left standing when his opponent refused to shake his hand at the end of the match.

In judo it is customary to both bow to opponents — a sign of respect in Japan — and shake hands after a bout is over.

El Shehaby had been well beaten but stood impassively and then backed away as Sasson tried to shake his hand.

As he left the mat area, El Shehaby was called back to the center by the referee to bow.

But he was then loudly jeered out of the arena by angry supporters.

He later announced he was quitting judo.

The 32-year-old Egyptian, a world championship medalist in 2010, had faced pressure on social media and from hardline Islamist groups in his homeland to withdraw from the fight.

Unlike some other Muslim and Arab nations, Egypt has no history of withdrawing from judo bouts against Israelis.

The Egyptian Olympic Committee had insisted before the fight that El Shehaby would compete.

Sasson later advanced to the semifinals of the competition, after first beating Maciej Sarnacki of Poland and then defeating world No. 3 Roy Meyer of Holland in the quarterfinals.

Israel and Egypt have had formal bilateral relations since the 1979 Camp David peace agreement, although the Jewish state remains deeply unpopular on the Arab country’s street.

International Judo Federation spokesman Nicolas Messner said fighters were not obliged to shake hands after a bout.

“In the past, it is not sure that a fight between those two athletes would have taken place. This is already a big improvement that Arabic countries accept to be opposed to Israel,” he said.

“There is no obligation for shaking hands at the end of the fight, but it is compulsory to bow, that’s why the Egyptian was called back to bow and he did.

“Nevertheless, his attitude will be reviewed after the Games to see if any further action should be taken.”

This is not the first time that local politics have led to snubs for Israeli athletes at the 2016 Olympics.

On Sunday, Saudi competitor Joud Fahmy forfeited her first-round judo match against Christianne Legentil from Mauritius at the Games, in what Hebrew media said was a maneuver to avoid facing Israeli judoka Gili Cohen in the next round.

The Saudi Olympic team tweeted that Fahmy had sustained injuries to her arm and leg during training and was advised by medical staff not to compete, the Hebrew language Ynet news site reported. According to Channel 2, Fahmy was not hurt, but simply dropped out to avoid competing against the Israeli judoka.

Cohen then lost to Legentil in a second-round bout later in the day.

Also Sunday, the head of Lebanon’s Olympic Committee was summoned by the Games’ organizers for a dressing down, following a kerfuffle with the Israeli delegation after the two teams were told to share a bus to the opening ceremony Friday night.

The Lebanese delegation refused to allow the Israeli players to board the bus, leading to a spat that injected politics into the Games’ opening.

Eventually, organizers put Israel on a separate bus.

The Lebanese delegation was cautioned not to repeat any such behavior, a warning likely also directed at other teams which do not recognize Israel and chafe at having to share sporting space with the Jewish state.

https://twitter.com/stas8t/status/764095077153017856

http://www.timesofisrael.com/egyptian-judok

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by LoveJesus87(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
e pain am grin
Walai grin cheesy
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by Kunlexxxx(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
nyabinghi:
tell ur mum to see me for another dick riding session tonight
I don't expect more from the son of a c*ck sucker like you! Go tell your mum she's a hoe!
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by rosieluv(f): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
even d hatred is stil brewing between d arabs n d israelis
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by Kunlexxxx(m): 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
jelal007:
I gree. But u are a bigger FOOL.
Motherfucker!
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kunlexxxx:
Motherfucker!
Cock sucker...
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by Cityguy: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
Who needs his handshake sef. Nonsense!
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by Kunlexxxx(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
jelal007:
Cock sucker...
F*ck boy!
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by jelal007(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

F*ck boy!
No matter how big a hammer is,u can never knock sense in2 sm1 with a block head. Foolishness should be ur middle name.
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by Kunlexxxx(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
jelal007:
No matter how big a hammer is,u can never knock sense in2 sm1 with a block head. Foolishness should be ur middle name.
To hell with you and your filthy thoughts! You m*ron. #truant!
Re: Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) by firstolalekan(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
dadavivo:
E pain ooo, continue to kill people and go fckk your imaginary virgin in hell fire.
Dumb goat
You will go to heaven to fucck abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Excitement As Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium In Benin Takes Shape....(pics) / FG Approves Houses For 1994 Super Eagles Winning Side / Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.