Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course (65739 Views)

Three (3) Most Difficult Things To Do In The World - Must Read / Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. / University Of Ibadan Will Not Admit Pharmacy students This Year.!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by olaajilaran(m): 2:31am On Aug 29, 2016
bizme:

I guess we are different. And we have different levels of motivation for studying pharmacy.

Every aspect of the programme was enjoyable. I did not have to cram. There was no year during my undergrad that my CGPA fell below 4.50 all through the five years. And yes, I went to one of the toughest pharmacy schools in Nigeria- OAU. But my method of reading was a little different. I used to read one or two sessions ahead. before resuming into 200 Level I had on my own finished Radiopharmacy and the likes, all 400L pharmchem topics. Class lectures were mostly revisions for me. I had (still do) have a peculiar interest in pharmacy.

Pharmacognosy is one of the most hated courses. But not for me. Right now using programming, and state-of-the-art CADD methods I am mining Nigerian plants' secondary metabolites for lead compounds for disease treatment. Last weekend I made an unprecedented breakthrough in using the method to identify three compounds that reversed RBC sickling (in vitro) in donated SCD patients' blood.
Pharmchem is one of the most feared courses. But for me it was one course I didn't have to read to clear As. Why? Because pharmchem provides me with the highest level of fascination: all drug interaction with the biological system is chemical in nature. Modify a moiety on your molecule and you get a new spectrum of activity. Methylate morphine and you get codeine with entirely new biological activity (antitussive), diminished narcotic effect, heightened gastro intestinal effect...
And pharmacology...for me it's one and the same with pharmaceutical chemistry; you're simply mapping out biological effects of chemical substances. And at research level, there's hardly any difference from medicinal chemistry.
Pharmaceutics nko? How else would I optimize therapy when I have no clue how to assure bioavailability by rationally choosing a dosage form and delivery system that can achieve that? How else would I be able to prepare extemporaneously in a way that targets each patient's individuality? How else would I know why to discourage the harmful and ridiculous practice of boiling Alabunkun (acetylsalicylic acid) in 7up?
Clinical pharmacy...is the melting point for all our courses, especially for some of us at community pharmacies.

So no, I didn't have to cram the Shikimic acid pathway. And it is simple how not to cram; try reading to understand and not just to pass.

I'm also a pharmacy aspirant.
can I have your WhatsApp number please,, let us chat.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by olaajilaran(m): 2:32am On Aug 29, 2016
bizme:

I am a pharmacist, and not a pharmacy student. We are looking forward to your joining us in the profession.

OK sir.
I'm sorry.
can I have your WhatsApp number please.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by EdoBoy90(m): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2016
bizme:

Good to see you again sir. And happy Sunday.
. Same Professor. Me too
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by phaamsaam: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2016
ogawisdom:
They ve no well defined role in Nigeria when patent medicine dealers can dispense drugs cool MLS guys shld b d closest to Doctors, followed by nurses then pharmacists a distant fourth

Ranking in medical care in Nigeria
Doctors
MLs
Nurses
Pharmacists
Others cool
Tell me one discipline that has well defined roles in Nigeria...Even the doctors want to benefit from ART drugs illargesse lols.proudly pharmacy# Get to the USA. Its consultant doc.followed by consultant pharmacist then other disciplines can take their turns, the intern pharmacist is more revered respected and highly paid than their ordinary house officer..Rep pharmacy
We have young docs killing patients in our general hospitals everyday all because of their pride and medication incompetence..God help us. As pharmacists we should not be deterred in our God given roles..dare to say no mls person can do wonders in isolation without a pharmaceutical scientist

3 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by nelszx: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2016
phaamsaam:

Tell me one discipline that has well defined roles in Nigeria...Even the doctors want to benefit from ART drugs illargesse lols.proudly pharmacy# Get to the USA. Its consultant doc.followed by consultant pharmacist then other disciplines can take their turns, the intern pharmacist is more revered respected and highly paid than their ordinary house officer..Rep pharmacy
We have young docs killing patients in our general hospitals everyday all because of their pride and medication incompetence..God help us. As pharmacists we should not be deterred in our God given roles..dare to say no mls person can do wonders in isolation without a pharmaceutical scientist

Can you explain the bold part
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by kparozzy: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2016
Pls can I study pharmacy with maths chem bio eng as my jamb combo
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by davbravo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
kparozzy:
Pls can I study pharmacy with maths chem bio eng as my jamb combo
No, it has to be English ,phy, CHEM and Bio

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by IgweDivine: 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
Funny how pharmacist brag a times. If the success of medical doctors are opened, believe me, all these pharmacists will hide their faces. I saw a comment where a pharmacist said he earned 123k as an intern worker. lol. medical(medicine and surgery) graduates earn nothing less than 180-200k a month as an intern worker. lemme stop here cos we medics don't go about bragging.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by eleojo23: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
IgweDivine:
Funny how pharmacist brag a times. If the success of medical doctors are opened, believe me, all these pharmacists will hide their faces. I saw a comment where a pharmacist said he earned 123k as an intern worker. lol. medical(medicine and surgery) graduates earn nothing less than 180-200k a month as an intern worker. lemme stop here cos we medics don't go about bragging.
That is for those who choose to stay in the hospital system. Pharmacy has a business side. For most pharmacists, hospital practice is something they don't even like.
A pharmacist who takes the leap and opens his own pharmacy can make huge sales.
I know of two pharmacists who opened their pharmacies about six months ago and their daily sales after about 3 months was not less than 20,000 each.
One of them started with roughly #3million, I don't have the figure for the other person.
So imagine them making more than 20,000 daily barely six months after startup, that is about 600k a month and it is going to increase with time.
In fact, one of them doubled his stock value from 700k to 1.4mil within the first 3months. And he is not even in a big city like Abuja or lagos.

Drug business is one area where people can make 100% profit and patients will still gladly buy the drug without feeling that it is expensive and by the way, nobody bargains for the price of drugs. It is usually fixed.

Have you ever taken your time to read what is written on their licence? The pharmacist's licence can fetch him millions if he is willing and able to utilize it to it's fullest.

I know a pharmacist who is among the few importers of some drugs used for IVF, he makes millions from it.

Many big men who want to invest their money are looking for pharmacists whose licence they can use to open a pharmacy. That is how profitable it is.

And for a country like Nigeria where pharmacists are in short supply, it is going to continue to be a gold mine for a long time.

One important point I want to make however is that everyone should be happy with the profession he has chosen and try to make the best out of it.

4 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Well said.
Daily says of N20,000 is simply too small for any decent pharmacy. One of my best friends confided in me that in the village where he located his pharmacy he makes about 10million sales monthly. I helped open a pharmacy less than 2 years ago with starting stock of N240,000. Now in stock alone, the premise is worth about 10million. I know pharmacies whose daily sales are between 350,000 and 500,000. I mean daily sales.

The person that came to brag about house officers take home of 180k just doesn't get it. Pharmacists don't need to queue for salaries, and many of them that I know can conveniently put consultant medical doctors on their pay roll. That said, I must also add that it is not just pharmacy that one can turn into goldmine with good entreprenueral acumen. It is virtually all areas of endeavour, including medicine. In the case of pharmacy, there is a distinct advantage that we have, which is our training and our license and the nature of our registration.

For instance, I can be a director on board of more than 500 different pharmaceutical companies or more. If non-pharmacists are interested in opening a pharmacy, the first step is to approach me to be a co-director of the company as incorporated by corporate affairs commission. While my experience and knowledge will be needed to set the place up and to guide the operations when it is in full swing, in essence what it means is that I don't need to do a thing for money to roll in every month/year.

Unfortunately, a number of pharmacists are too docile to take full advantage of their training and licence. This is to balance the excitement of being a pharmacist, which I must add has begun to piss some guys off. I have say that I have met pharmacists who after having worked for decades still can not boast of a decent car, and a comfortable livelihood. But if you are still in the process of deciding on a career path and you happen to be a science student, and you are the type that has given him-/herself no other option than to succeed and make more money than your family can spend, then go for pharmacy. Study hard, graduate well and when you do, do not make the mistake of working in a hospital. That is one of the surest ways to mediocrity in pharmacy profession. Choose to work with pharmaceutical industries during which time you will build your savings and contacts. Or choose to work as superintendent pharmacist in another person's community pharmacy. This will help show you the rope. Then set out your own premise. You can conveniently do all this before getting married.

This is the surest path to professional fulfillment, I have found.

eleojo23:

That is for those who choose to stay in the hospital system. Pharmacy has a business side. For most pharmacists, hospital practice is something they don't even like.
I know of two pharmacists who opened their pharmacies about six months ago and their daily sales after about 3 months was not less than 20,000 each.
One of them started with roughly #3million, I don't have the figure for the other person.
So imagine them making more than 20,000 daily barely six months after startup, that is about 600k a month and it is going to increase with time.
In fact, one of them doubled his stock value from 700k to 1.4mil within the first 3months. And he is not even in a big city like Abuja or lagos.

Drug business is one area where people can make 100% profit and patients will still gladly buy the drug without feeling that it is expensive and by the way, nobody bargains for the price of drugs. It is usually fixed.

Have you ever taken your time to read what is written on their licence? The pharmacist's licence can fetch him millions if he is willing and able to utilize it to it's fullest.

I know a pharmacist who is among the few importers of some drugs used for IVF, he makes millions from it.

Many big men who want to invest their money are looking for pharmacists whose licence they can use to open a pharmacy. That is how profitable it is.

And for a country like Nigeria where pharmacists are in short supply, it is going to continue to be a gold mine for a long time.

One important point I want to make however is that everyone should be happy with the profession he has chosen and try to make the best out of it.

5 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by eleojo23: 3:09am On Aug 30, 2016
@bizme.
Yeah, daily sales of 20,000 is way too small but I was just giving the least possible example and these are very small pharmacies.
Also these guys are located in areas where there are some major competitors i.e some bigger pharmacies and even among these competitors they make nothing less than that amount.

Like you said, some pharmacists are just too docile hence they don't take full advantage of their licence. It shows that not everyone is business minded after all.

3 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 30, 2016
NairaMaster1:

What is para? You talking about the custodian of drugs (medicine) and you are talking about paramedics? So who is now medics? You can still read pharmacy, it's not too late
Oh Bro. Who will be in possession of cow head and still fight over duck meat?
I'm studying medicine, something you couldn't get.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 30, 2016
pxjosh:
I filled in for medicine in 2011, and for some reasons I did a change of course form to pharmacy. And up till now I think I've made a better career decision.

Even if I'm to come back to this life to study a science course, I'd choose pharmacy over medicine!

Why are we pegging pharmacy with cramming?!? IMO, pharmacy is just like any other course, with nothing particularly arduous. One thing is required in pharmacy (and with other courses): be consistent in studying, and surely you'd pass all your courses.

Loving every bit of pharmacy, while learning programing grin

As men of honour, we join hands.

What was the reason chief?
Low jamb score?
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by pxjosh(m): 4:20am On Aug 30, 2016
Efriday1:

What was the reason chief?
Low jamb score?
No. They were having issues with accreditation which of which I wasn't sure they've resolved as at then. I just changed to pharmacy so they won't throw me to a very low course.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by eleojo23: 5:53am On Aug 30, 2016
Efriday1:

Pharmacy is duck meat and medicine is cow head? *I am trying hard not to laugh at you right now* smiley

I have noticed that it is only young doctors and medical students that talk like this.
The older ones that I have met are more mature and give other health professionals their due respect.
All these young doctors and students haven't experienced the real world yet.
I blame some of your lecturers for inculcating the wrong attitude into you guys.

Anyway, I wish you success in your studies.

6 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Efriday1:

Medicine is good course, but for some of us, not good enough. It is too restrictive and in most cases it is a perfect way to restrict people to middle-class salaries. When you eventually get to work, ask the CMDs and some of them will tell you how often pharmacists from industries give them brand new cars, send them abroad for conferences, etc just to promote their business interest in the hospitals. I have first hand information about these things, and I can't begin to tell you how many medical doctors have approached me for my licence. And right now, two medics are interested in getting me on board of a business arrangement singly because of my licence and experience in the pharmaceutical world.

But since you are still studying you are not in position to understand what we are talking about. After you graduate you will begin to see in black and white.

Good luck with your studies, and hope you become a medical doctor soon.

5 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by IgweDivine: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
eleojo23:

lol. I laugh you. it's obvious you don't know who an intern worker is. medical graduate receive that sum I mentioned as a doctor still in training. the program lasts for just a year it's not their permanent work. when he's done and gotten his license. you can come and check his salary again and compare it to that of a pharmacist at the same level. and that for a doctor that wants to work as an employee. just just like you said a pharmacist can go and open a pharmaceutical company how about a doctor that wants to have his own hospital, do you know how much he earns? do you know how much a surgery is worth? just caesarian that is been done on a daily basis, do you know how much a section is worth? you mentioned IVF, fine and good, I know a doctor that does that, he charges 2million per patient and still when you get to his hospital, you hardly see space, I look up to him cos I've got interest in that line and he's also a consultant in a govt hospital wherre he commands salary. that man makes nothing less than 40million a month. though not every doctor achieved that feet but I will achieve that by God's grace. a lot of you guys mentioned some sum here but I have a lot of pharmacists as friends both young and old and they aren't that buoyant though I'm not doubting you guys. before I leave, if pharmacy is that lucrative the world would know but it seems like it's only few that know. a good product sells itself. a successful pharmacist can't compare with a successful medical doctor. Finally, in any profession you find yourself, maximize your potential in it and the sky will be your starting point. gracias

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by olaajilaran(m): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
bizme:

Yes sir, I am a pharmacist, plus I have had the privilege to get around a lot.

Sir, can I have your WhatsApp number..
I'd like to chat with you
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by olaajilaran(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
lgboks:

wow
Lovely peice and nice way to prove a point...must say I feel touched by your words...
Remember when I 1st started, cramming so not my style (wish I can say that now)...as am trying and still learning the hard way to cram cry
These days our education system encourage crammers more....imagine a lecturer telling a student to give them back what they gave said students (thus cramming must be done)
So much to say about that that I actually don't know where to start...
Must say thanks for your response.....wish I can explain how it touched me cool
As men of honour we join hands
But for you
I go hug you grin

sir, can I have your WhatsApp number.. I'll like to have a chat with you.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Evassi01(m): 12:47am On Aug 31, 2016
Medicine will always be more lucrative than pharmacy any day any time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 31, 2016
pxjosh:
No. They were having issues with accreditation which of which I wasn't sure they've resolved as at then. I just changed to pharmacy so they won't throw me to a very low course.
I like your honesty Bro. Keep it up.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 31, 2016
eleojo23:

Pharmacy is duck meat and medicine is cow head? *I am trying hard not to laugh at you right now* smiley

I blame some of your lecturers for inculcating the wrong attitude into you guys.

Anyway, I wish you success in your studies.

Actually the lecturers are to blame
They are supposed to tell all medicine students this: " they hate you! They don't even know you and they hate you. Y? Because you have been given something they are being denied. " Everybody wants to prove a point that you are nothing. But to what end? Matured doctors don't talk because they are tired of your blabbing or have outgrown it. In summary pharmacy is good, all courses are good. Pharmacy is lucrative, any course is lucrative with God's blessings. Pharmacists have potential to become quickly and easily rich, the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and add no sorrow to it. Becoming rich is God blessing, no course affiliation. Don't elevate yourself by talking me down. MEDICINE is the noblest of all professions in the world and anyone who agrees less should seek asylum elsewhere - maybe another planet
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 31, 2016
bizme:

Medicine is good course, but for some of us, not good enough[b]. It is too restrictive and in most cases it is a perfect way to restrict people to middle-class salaries.[/b]
studying.
Did anyone notice anything wrong with this statement? Medicine is about lifesaving, pharmacy is about making money. Saving lives and making money are not very excellent friends. Now I know why doctors have started going on strikes in the public health sector bc you guys push them too far, yet they know more about saving lives and do greater work. I won't reply you again cos I have exams to write.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2016
Efriday1:

Did anyone notice anything wrong with this statement? Medicine is about lifesaving, pharmacy is about making money. Saving lives and making money are not very excellent friends. Now I know why doctors have started going on strikes in the public health sector bc you guys push them too far, yet they know more about saving lives and do greater work. I won't reply you again cos I have exams to write.

Medicine in Nigeria is not about saving lives. It is simply about making money, the very reason why it was raised above by someone that house officers take between 180 and 200k. Let's all be real; most people go into medicine in Nigeria because they want out of poverty and because they don't want to be poor. Whenever I starting Pharmacology with a new set of 400 level medical students, or 300 level Nursing and Medical Laboratory Students, I always encourage them to share with the class their motivation for choosing their respective courses of study, some of them go on about their passion for saving lives. But few of them cut the crap and tell us the truth: it is about the money.

Nigerian health professionals working in our health institutions are not after saving any body's life. It is first and foremost about getting money. And I see nothing wrong in that. Why should someone spend so much time training to be a medical doctor and after all he doesn't get paid well? Why should someone do endless calls in hospitals and after all he doesn't get paid? Doesn't he too have a family to cater for?

Saving lives is not even for pastors in Nigeria these days, it is for God.

So, cut the pretence and be real. After graduation, you will most definitely join the rank of those fighting for relativity in salary scale. You will abandon your patients and watch them die as you embark on industrial action. That is exactly what Nigerian doctors do. And that is exactly why I make sure my family does not patronize public health institutions. We seek out specialists that we pay for our medical needs.

I hate that you have to make this fine discussion about medicine. If you feell offended by contributions about pharmacy, why don't you start a new thread about medicine and let people contribute? But you just couldn't bear the idea that what people are saying here is factually true.

And yes, to correct you. Pharmacy as a profession is outstandingly lucrative and that is because it is both patient- and customer-centred. And that is because most of your clinical decisions on patients end up with drug use. And that is because more than 90 % of Nigerians engage in self-medication and they get all those medicines from us, from very very few us. Where a live a decent private clinic may see no more than 5 to 10 patients a day, but a pharmacy will see between 200 and 500 people every single day. Chew on that.

Nigerians don't generally visit hospitals if they are not about to die. Nobody needs to spend eternity waiting to see a medical doctor for nothing worse than malaria, acne, diarrhoa and the likes. In fact, I get patients at my pharmacy presenting with breast cancers. Each time I have to educate them and direct them to the right place to receive treatment. Yet, they keep coming. Why? Because we are approachable. Because we treat them like human beings. Because we actually listen to them unlike many doctors who have no time to properly deal with patients, because he has so many people waiting outside to see him.

The profitability of pharmacy is not in salary. That of medicine is mostly in salary. The profitability of pharmacy is in the business side, and there many of us will conveniently pay salaries of medical consultants.

10 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Samsantos9: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
bizme:

Medicine in Nigeria is not about saving lives. It is simply about making money, the very reason why it was raised above by someone that house officers take between 180 and 200k. Let's all be real; most people go into medicine in Nigeria because they want out of poverty and because they don't want to be poor. Whenever I starting Pharmacology with a new set of 400 level medical students, or 300 level Nursing and Medical Laboratory Students, I always encourage them to share with the class their motivation for choosing their respective courses of study, some of them go on about their passion for saving lives. But few of them cut the crap and tell us the truth: it is about the money.

Nigerian health professionals working in our health institutions are not after saving any body's life. It is first and foremost about getting money. And I see nothing wrong in that. Why should someone spend so much time training to be a medical doctor and after all he doesn't get paid well? Why should someone do endless calls in hospitals and after all he doesn't get paid? Doesn't he too have a family to cater for?

Saving lives is not even for pastors in Nigeria these days, it is for God.

So, cut the pretence and be real. After graduation, you will most definitely join the rank of those fighting for relativity in salary scale. You will abandon your patients and watch them die as you embark on industrial action. That is exactly what Nigerian doctors do. And that is exactly why I make sure my family does not patronize public health institutions. We seek out specialists that we pay for our medical needs.

I hate that you have to make this fine discussion about medicine. If you feell offended by contributions about pharmacy, why don't you start a new thread about medicine and let people contribute? But you just couldn't bear the idea that what people are saying here is factually true.

And yes, to correct you. Pharmacy as a profession is outstandingly lucrative and that is because it is both patient- and customer-centred. And that is because most of your clinical decisions on patients end up with drug use. And that is because more than 90 % of Nigerians engage in self-medication and they get all those medicines from us, from very very few us. Where a live a decent private clinic may see no more than 5 to 10 patients a day, but a pharmacy will see between 200 and 500 people every single day. Chew on that.

Nigerians don't generally visit hospitals if they are not about to die. Nobody needs to spend eternity waiting to see a medical doctor for nothing worse than malaria, acne, diarrhoa and the likes. In fact, I get patients at my pharmacy presenting with breast cancers. Each time I have to educate them and direct them to the right place to receive treatment. Yet, they keep coming. Why? Because we are approachable. Because we treat them like human beings. Because we actually listen to them unlike many doctors who have no time to properly deal with patients, because he has so many people waiting outside to see him.

The profitability of pharmacy is not in salary. That of medicine is mostly in salary. The profitability of pharmacy is in the business side, and there many of us will conveniently pay salaries of medical consultants.
Wow, nice reply sir, I like the matured way you keep answering everyone and also the way you dish out facts. I can't wait to graduate and start practising. As men of honour we join hands.

5 Likes

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by olaajilaran(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sulemanmathew:

Difficult? Do u guys write MBs /Pros. @OP running the MB;BS/BDS programme is more stressful than your 5yrs pharmacy. Pharmacy can be lucrative but saying it is Difficult.... I will query that fact?? . Hit like for some of us who are running the 6yrs programme.

I REP LASUCOM.. THE PRIDE OF LASU!

can I have your WhatsApp number.
I'll like to chat with you, cos I'm a pharmacy aspirant.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
olaajilaran:

Sir, can I have your WhatsApp number..
I'd like to chat with you

If you provide your mobile number here I will send mine to you.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
bizme:

1. Where a live a decent private clinic may see no more than 5 to 10 patients a day, but a pharmacy will see between 200 and 500 people every single day. Chew on that.

2.Nigerians don't generally visit hospitals if they are not about to die. Nobody needs to spend eternity waiting to see a medical doctor for nothing worse than malaria, acne, diarrhoa and the likes.

3.In fact, I get patients at my pharmacy presenting with breast cancers.

4.Because we actually listen to them unlike many doctors who have no time to properly deal with patients, because he has so many people waiting outside to see him.
Boss I notice that your point 1 contradicts point 4 just as 2 contradicts 3. Finally you win! Pharmacy is most difficult and most lucrative. Know that this is not the first time I'm accepting this "fact". 1st time was in 2011. I, alone, was put in the same room with 6 pharmacy students whose incessant arguments force me to accept ur "fact". I'm thinking there's a course in pharmacy that teaches arguments and compares medicine and pharmacy

The profitability of pharmacy is not in salary. That of medicine is mostly in salary.

I like this word "mostly" -even though it is not entirely correct for most blessed and hardworking doctors.
In addition, boss, I have questions:

Why do most pharmacists prefer working/ internship in the hospital? Maybe hospital pay is fatter?what happens when someone with a non business temperament studies pharmacy? Will he be richer than his equal in medicine? What about a business oriented doctor and a business oriented pharmacist? How do they compare? I still maintain that the blessing of the Lord maketh rich not your course of study. Or maybe, you think, world richest men rankings have more pharmacists than doctors?

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by lgboks(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2016
olaajilaran:

sir, can I have your WhatsApp number.. I'll like to have a chat with you.
good mrng sir
Would have really love to do that, but am skeptical about dropping my number here these days (long story)
How can I reach you?
Would be happy to get intouch cool
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by adeoladrg(m): 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
bizme:

If you provide your mobile number here I will send mine to you.

Hi Bizme.. I'm a final year pharmacy student at OOU.. I recently started a career in programming, started with Web design and moved on to programming with python. Please hit me up on whatsapp 0807 531 9329.. Thanks.
Re: PHARMACY: The Most Difficult And Lucrative Medical Course by adeoladrg(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Efriday1:

The urge to spank your ass real bad....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Professor Backs The Baby Of A Nursing Mother Writing Exam / Differences Between Nigerian And American Universities. (photos) / Thief Caught At University Of Ibadan! And Stripped! (nnamdi Azikwe Hall)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.