Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP (49966 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Eshiettk(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2016
Pls mention names na
Ask4Info:
OAPs have a standard salary structure of between N120,000 -N300,000 depending on the radio station, the programme, and the OAPs experience.

Note that these OAPs also work in other departments after their programs like Technical, Production, Programmes, Research and even Sales. Don't think they just close for the day after their show.

Senior Executives who are OAPs earn way more that what i quoted above.

OAPs who do shows have the privilege of getting one or two "popular" artiste to perform, while the radio station they work for gives them free or next to nothing platform to advertise their shows.

DON'T BE DECEIVED, ONLY A HANDFUL OF OAPs ARE DOING FINE. MAJORITY OF THEM LIVE FAKE LIFE.

I don't want to stir controversy by mentioning names
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by tonysmart2016: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2016
Hi Guyz, this is daddy freeze. I have read through this thread. The fact of the matter is that OAP don't earn much as per salary. It all depends on the value you add to the station. The more the business you bring in terms of adverts and others, the better for you.

As for me, as a big boy, I earn close to N2m a month. That's why I run my mouth on twitter any time I like. Hope my advise is cool for you. cool
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Sexytemi(f): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2016
teebillz:

Go for it, girl! You are already bless with good and sexy looks so all things will fall in place. Meanwhile I really like your boobs. I can bet that you have a great ass too.

Lol, Thanksgringrin
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by MiMiakpet(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2016
Depending on where you are working o, if bad luck follow you say na state owned media station you dey, na state civil service salary structure you go follow.
If na contract staff you be sef forget it cos you'll be paid between 7 to 15k monthly. I work in a state owned tv/radio station so I know
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by teebillz: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2016
Sexytemi:

Lol, Thanksgringrin

You are welcome, my dear. I will be disturbing you once in a while o.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by ikaboy: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2016
Raffa:
Cus i want to go into it

Hope u sabi form?? Especially the voice aspect
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2016
DjAndroid:

bros are you an OAP? i dont think you are right. no Radio station in Nigeria (private, state or federal) pays more than 100k. Except when an Oga is an OAP. (Oga's receive more than 100k but they are hardly OAP's)

1. All those voices you hear on radios on morning, afternoon or night shows don't get more than 100k as salaries.

2. Radio work is better done in a government station.(job security) Private stations will use you, abuse you, owe you for months and sack you at will.(no job security)

3. Most OAP's live fake lives. There's no money in their pockets.

4. Good OAP's make their money from personal hustles like hosting of events (MC), voice-overs for comercials etc.

5. As an OAP, you can have the connection a politician cannot have.

6. Some OAP's are not staff. They are just freelancers. Or working and begging to be employed expecially in private stations.

How did you arrive at that submission?
So people like Olisa, Toolz, J.A.J, Freeze, Yaw etc receive 100k?
Even @osi_sauve receives more than that.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by samuelchimmy(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2016
Ask4Info:
OAPs have a standard salary structure of between N120,000 -N300,000 depending on the radio station, the programme, and the OAPs experience.

Note that these OAPs also work in other departments after their programs like Technical, Production, Programmes, Research and even Sales. Don't think they just close for the day after their show.

OAPs who do shows have the privilege of getting one or two "popular" artiste to perform, while the radio station they work for gives them free or next to nothing platform to advertise their shows.

DON'T BE DECEIVED, ONLY A HANDFUL OF OAPs ARE DOING FINE. MAJORITY OF THEM LIVE FAKE LIFE.

true talk
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2016
pippimp:

So basically you don't know because you just mentioned all the salary scale.
Like I said, "it depends on your experience"
The op didn't drop his CV for us to know the category he falls into.
You negotiate your salary.
If the OP is just starting, he can't receive more than 70k.
If an OAP like Toolz is leaving Radio Station A where she earns 200k to Radio Station B, you don't expect her to receive same 200k (experience)

Read this too
Ask4Info:

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
bro i can decide to post anytin i wish .. is none of ur biusiness...hope u no dat ryt...so mind ur business. sad sad sad
Sure you can post whatever you like. But you need to stop being silly all the time.
Have you forgotten you have grown beards. Imagine the way you type at you age, you ought to be in your late 20s yet you wanna remain silly on social media for the rest of your existence.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by DjAndroid: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

How did you arrive at that submission?
So people like Olisa, Toolz, J.A.J, Freeze, Yaw etc receive 100k?
Even @osi_sauve receives more than that.
some of them are in the category of oga while some bring commercials/revenue to the station with their shows. you will be surprised that Tools dont receive more than 100k. forget the fame. i am an insider.

Check the paper in the picture.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2016
DjAndroid:
some of them are in the category of oga while some bring commercials/revenue to the station with their shows. you will be surprised that Tools dont receive more than 100k. forget the fame. i am an insider.
Bro stop assuming. I am not an outsider either. I know DJs who even receive above that in Radio stations talk more the likes of Toolz, Olisa, Yaw etc.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by DjAndroid: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

Bro stop assuming. I am not an outsider either. I know DJs who even receive above that in Radio stations talk more the likes of Toolz, Olisa, Yaw etc.
forget what your Dj freind tells you. see the picture i posted in my last quote.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by jaysan82(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2016
I worked with cool fm for 4 years and can tell you this authoritatively. Forget the salary,on air personalities get alot of side money especially if they anchor shows on the premium belts. Lots of clients come in with sponsorship proposals,hypes and guest appearance requests and these oaps get paid per episode/hype.
The salary at cool fm is decent ( within the 100-200k range)obviously daddy freeze and a few other veteran oaps earn more due to years of experience.
Here's the thing, ride on the popularity of the brand and be good at what u do, b4 u know it all sorts of partners would want a piece of u. It has happened with freeze, yaw, lolo,nedu, dotun and other oaps. Dj exclusive probably earns a peanut salary but he gets to play his songs to the general public at will... Dats leveraging on the brand and am sure dats y he picked up d cool fm job. He makes a shit load of money from shows
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by BABANGBALI: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2016
Ask4Info:

pls do
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by greatness22(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2016
success10:

lol...
Abeg.. make una leave d guy...
this economy matter sef fit make person dey laff all the time. lol
Nor mind the guy, always defending his foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by greatness22(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

Sure you can post whatever you like. But you need to stop being silly all the time.
Have you forgotten you have grown beards. Imagine the way you type at you age, you ought to be in your late 20s yet you wanna remain silly on social media for the rest of your existence.
Lol, the "mango head" dude always forget his age.

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by bamite(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Ask4Info:

Please mention the names
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by willibounce1(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2016
jaysan82:
I worked with cool fm for 4 years and can tell you this authoritatively. Forget the salary,on air personalities get alot of side money especially if they anchor shows on the premium belts. Lots of clients come in with sponsorship proposals,hypes and guest appearance requests and these oaps get paid per episode/hype.
The salary at cool fm is decent ( within the 100-200k range)obviously daddy freeze and a few other veteran oaps earn more due to years of experience.
Here's the thing, ride on the popularity of the brand and be good at what u do, b4 u know it all sorts of partners would want a piece of u. It has happened with freeze, yaw, lolo,nedu, dotun and other oaps. Dj exclusive probably earns a peanut salary but he gets to play his songs to the general public at will... Dats leveraging on the brand and am sure dats y he picked up d cool fm job. He makes a shit load of money from shows
Good luck

Very correct. They make money from doing MCs St shows and events too.

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2016
kelvine:
First thing to ask shouldnt be how much you will earn.
Do you have passion for the job?
Can you handle fame and give away your private life ?
Will you take it up if pay is lower than your expectation ?
Practice by first learning to talk in public, make friends with an OAP eigther online or offline then start going for auditions.
Wish you success.
There is a difference between fame and being popular. I have a list of OAP I am friends with. They live their normal lives. Hang out like you and me without autographs demand.

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2016
DjAndroid:
forget what your Dj freind tells you. see the picture i posted in my last quote.
Lol, it's what I know and not what I was told.
Beautiful writing by the way. wink

Read the bold sentence.
jaysan82:
Good luck
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by colossus2: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2016
greatness22:
Lol, the "mango head" dude always forget his age.
Lol....with his sportin' waves forehead.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by greatness22(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

Lol....with his sportin' waves forehead.
Lwkmd, i hope he will behave matured next time.

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by jswagg4(m): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2016
This is a passionate plea here. I'm looking for OAP openings in Lagos,or any part of the country, Even if its internships too. I don't care about the pay. I finished serving in October last year. As a corps member, I had the opportunity of hosting a youth show on radio. Pls. Anyone with contacts pls help me. My e-mail is: kolamike41@gmail.com. I know we have connected people here. Pls help out.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by daxon001(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
kingvectorv:
ask God na him know everything not nairaland
Lol. Reminds me of d guy that said "my teacher said Economics is a science, Adams Smith said Economics is a science so who am I to say its not" cheesy
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by DICKtator: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
tonysmart2016:
Hi Guyz, this is daddy freeze. I have read through this thread. The fact of the matter is that OAP don't earn much as per salary. It all depends on the value you add to the station. The more the business you bring in terms of adverts and others, the better for you.

As for me, as a big boy, I earn close to N2m a month. That's why I run my mouth on twitter any time I like. Hope my advise is cool for you. cool

You are Daddy Freeze and you cannot differentiate between advice and advise?

What if the real Freeze saw this?

Respect yourself

grin grin grin grin
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by uzuede4(f): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
AntiWailer:
Biafra Radio pays velly well
you dey crase?
AntiWailer:
Biafra Radio pays velly well
you dey crase?
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by AntiWailer: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
uzuede4:
you dey crase? you dey crase?

Checking ur family pictures.

Yes the one with popsy and everybody.

Identify the crase there and come back.

Eediot
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by chccho(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hi everyone,I have been looking for an opportunity to intern as an OAP in any good radio station...I have a great passion for broadcasting and also a cool,charming voice...
I am not particularly interested in how much they will or will not pay me all I want is the training and experience of the job..
I heard of city fm Lagos and that costs 50k for a 3week training.
Pls anyone with useful info should pls help me out am ready to even work for free...
God bless
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Raffa(m): 9:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Tanks guys for all yo comment
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Feanah(f): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hmm all these ones saying if OP has passion,the pay wouldn't be something to be bothered about.Maybe,you people are not very much affected by the state of the economy.OP ask o;follow your passion but go where the pay is enough for you to live modestly too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebiminor Preye, POP Designer Buys Lexus Jeep. Flaunts It Online (Photos) / Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.