Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP (49963 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2016
Raffa:
Cus i want to go into it
#20 to #40 k
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Jalubarika:
150--200k
Liar moha-mad.

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Abbeyme: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Sincerely, I have no idea
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:
It depends on your experience.
You can receive as low as 40k or 50k.
You can receive 70k or 80k.
You can receive 130k or 150k.
You can receive 200k and above too.
Unless if your show is bringing more adverts that is when you can receive the bolden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2016
bro i can decide to post anytin i wish .. is none of ur biusiness...hope u no dat ryt...so mind ur business. sad sad sad
colossus2:

You need to grow up dude.
You tend to post silly smiley upandan. You don't need to do that all the time.
I guess the just concluded Mr nairaland has given you a little courage to do so.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by zicoraads: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
bro i can decide to post anytin i wish .. is none of ur biusiness...hope u no dat ryt...so mind ur business. sad sad sad
Why won't you talk this way now? I am certain you wouldn't have if the contest was still on. As am sure the guy that quoted you wouldn't have if not for the contest as well.

But he has a point. You are now a massive nuisance. Honeszly!

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by pedrilo: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2016
tutsonf:
I think the first step is to know what it takes to be a good and successful AOP. Then talk to experienced n successful AOPs. Find a role model and sign on for his/her mentorship. Start your career irrespective of the starting salary and work your way up. If you get better so will ur remuneration!
I know On Air Personality - OAP.
Please What is AOP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2016
bro pls mind ur business... angry angry
zicoraads:

Why won't you talk this way now? I am certain you wouldn't have if the contest was still on. As am sure the guy that quoted you wouldn't have if not for the contest as well.

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by holluphemydavid(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2016
Drkul:
Let me ask toolz cheesy
Like u knw I wnt to mention toolz and Gbemi lol

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Lexusgs430: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:
As a beginner you'll be paid 80-90k then gradually within a year you'll be paid 150-200k

I'm saying based on wazobia FM I dunno about the rest!

Only? For all that talktalk? How many hours work per week/month?

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:02am On Aug 14, 2016
realy... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sexytemi:
Would love to be an OAP some day , just love the job.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by buharisbae(f): 8:04am On Aug 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Only? For all that talktalk? How many hours work per week/month?

Lol u have ur own section it can be morning afternoon Or thru out the night its a very interesting job trust me OAP can't trade their job for anything
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Sexytemi(f): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
realy...
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yea
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:

Lol u have ur own section it can be morning afternoon Or thru out the night its a very interesting job trust me OAP can't trade their job for anything

At least if nothing at all, they would also be tagged celebrities. If that alone, then go tanda.
Are you also a celebrity?
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2016
ok dear which couse do u study in school
Sexytemi:

Yea
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by HopeAtHand: 8:20am On Aug 14, 2016
Ask Nnamdi Kanu, he was an OAP but hes now resident somewhere in Kuje. He should tell you how much was made.

cc: Ipobdevil, pazienza et al.

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Sexytemi(f): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

international relations
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2016
realy cheesy cheesy i love dat
Sexytemi:

international relations

1 Like

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Course don't matter. The best OAP in one radio station in my state study Biochemistry
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Sexytemi(f): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
realy cheesy cheesy i love dat

Okay.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by kullozone(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Gerrawt! You Will Jus Comman Be Laughing Anyhow In Any Thread You Enter...You Get Mental Problem?

3 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2016
realy...she must be outspoken girl.. cheesy cheesy
fados4sure:

Course don't matter. The best OAP in one radio station in my state study Biochemistry
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by greatness22(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

You need to grow up dude.
You tend to post silly smiley upandan. You don't need to do that all the time.
I guess the just concluded Mr nairaland has given you a little courage to do so.
Lol, i thought i was the only one who noticed that. That dude is fast becoming a nuisance.

4 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by hustla(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2016
Some people on this thread are shouting passion, as if na passion e go give landlord for month end. As Nigeria Is now , if you go and have a useless passion that doesn't make money, you're on your own ooo

Who passion epp

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by greatness22(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2016
zicoraads:

That's the truth right there. And the painful thing is that he always 4get how old he is.

4 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by pippimp(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:
It depends on your experience.
You can receive as low as 40k or 50k.
You can receive 70k or 80k.
You can receive 130k or 150k.
You can receive 200k and above too.

So basically you don't know because you just mentioned all the salary scale.
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by DjAndroid: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2016
Ask4Info:
OAPs have a standard salary structure of between N120,000 -N300,000 depending on the radio station, the programme, and the OAPs experience.

Note that these OAPs also work in other departments after their programs like Technical, Production, Programmes, Research and even Sales. Don't think they just close for the day after their show.

Senior Executives who are OAPs earn way more that what i quoted above.

OAPs who do shows have the privilege of getting one or two "popular" artiste to perform, while the radio station they work for gives them free or next to nothing platform to advertise their shows.

DON'T BE DECEIVED, ONLY A HANDFUL OF OAPs ARE DOING FINE. MAJORITY OF THEM LIVE FAKE LIFE.

I don't want to stir controversy by mentioning names

bros are you an OAP? i dont think you are right. no Radio station in Nigeria (private, state or federal) pays more than 100k. Except when an Oga is an OAP. (Oga's receive more than 100k but they are hardly OAP's)

1.All those voices you hear on radios on morning, afternoon or night shows don't get more than 100k as salaries.

2. Radio work is better done in a government station.(job security) Private stations will use you, abuse you, owe you for months and sack you at will.(no job security)

3. Most OAP's live fake lives. There's no money in their pockets.

4. Good OAP's make their money from personal hustles like hosting of events (MC), voice-overs for comercials etc.

5. As an OAP, you can have the connection a politician cannot have.

6. Some OAP's are not staff. They are just freelancers. Or working and begging to be employed expecially in private stations.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by TheAziz: 9:01am On Aug 14, 2016
i see alotta people talking about passion, abeg who passion don epp.. even kore Brown sef tlk say passion o jawo moh

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by abbeyty(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2016
pedrilo:
I know On Air Personality - OAP.
Please What is AOP?

association of pensioners
Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by teebillz: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Sexytemi:
Would love to be an OAP some day , just love the job.

Go for it, girl! You are already bless with good and sexy looks so all things will fall in place. Meanwhile I really like your boobs. I can bet that you have a great ass too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by Grundig: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
With the exception of olisa Adibua, Dan foster and to a lesser extent yaw of wazobia I doubt oap's earn a lot. The above mentioned names have a lot of clout in the entertainment industry. Hence their shows on radio are always buzzing. These guys also make a killing on commercials/adverts.

Yaw's shows are heavy on commercials. I mean HEAVY. between 8am and 10am every weekday, 2 or more products are being talked about.

Dan foster and olisa bring a different cadre of listerners and organisaions who place adverts. And these adverts run into millions.

On the other hand, adenike and nelly of nigeriainfo are not pulling much commercials. That's why you'd hear them subtly soliciting for advert placements on one of their shows tagged 'the coven'

2 Likes

Re: Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP by success10(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
greatness22:
That's the truth right there. And the painful thing is that he always 4get how old he is.
lol...
Abeg.. make una leave d guy...
this economy matter sef fit make person dey laff all the time. lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebiminor Preye, POP Designer Buys Lexus Jeep. Flaunts It Online (Photos) / Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.