Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671381 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Texrem please can you help?
Lagosismyhome, can you also help? with the preparation for undergraduate engineering degree....some mock interviews or something....I mailed you guys but you ain't replying @olulanabuoy@gmail.com....other gurus I didn't mention their names....please help too.....time is going .......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
electronic:

Thanks Man truly Grateful...

Let's give the thanks to God..

Is the transaction successful?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
cseejhay:

bros my mail is begging for a response... your input is important sire.
@deetus....honestly i have been trying to locate your mail, i have checked spam and inbox.i do not doubt that you sent it though... these things can be funny!
i have been bleesed by been a member of this family....Thanks all! Lagosismyhome, got ur mail ...your are good and u shall be rewarded for ur goodness...when ur floodfate opens, awon ota will be like kilonsele? confussion lo njebe....gunther, great friend, brother from another mother...i owe this dude.just too kind...dannybrown, another brother from a different mother, i might not have gone this far without ur help, courage and simplified directions....others i didnt mention....u are right on this small mind of mind.My God bless.with u guys at my back..i already see myself chopping books with the yankee pipo already....chai una plenty full ground! Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!. i am sorry, i tried to keep it short but my conscience no gree me!

am sorry i saw your call not quite long but i decided not to pick because am already on laptop review that stuffs

Anyway check your email now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
@Airich01

Am sorry i will not review your transcript because i saw most annoying thing there as far as am concerned.

Kindly please try someone else because for you to say such is a slap on my face and what do you take me for?

I wish you all the best.

#Onelove

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
neurosci:
People, pls I need to clarify something?

What exactly is high school diploma? Does high school diploma mean the same thing as WASSCE result?

Pls I need answers o

SSCE or WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ogba4james(m): 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Walspring:
@Airich01

Am sorry i will not review your transcript because i saw most annoying thing there as far as am concerned.

Kindly please try someone else because for you to say such is a slap on my face and what do you take me for?

I wish you all the best.

#Onelove
@wolfspring.. Pls I need review and to get some details from u..my interview is coming soon..
Pls your email address or Whatsapp pls..
This my : ogba4james@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ogba4james(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Walspring:
@Airich01

I wish you all the best.

#Onelove

@wolfspring.. Pls I need review and to get some details from u..my interview is coming soon..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ogba4james(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

lol......same person . I changed my user name as i prefer this one. ... Trust you been well

. Pls I need review and to get some details from u..my interview is coming soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
dickoflife:
lols. Thats why i love u always understand coded language, like java and cisco

Why are you loving darefadi? Don't love her please. I am jealous like that. Face your akata babe grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

Why are you loving darefadi? Don't love her please. I am jealous like that. Face your akata babe grin
Make I settle this matter peacefully. see ehn, Make darefadi still dey my side till una two finish argument. winkDarefadi, let's go!!! cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 12:50am On Oct 25, 2016
I have to pass the night at the University of Lagos in order to arrive embassy early at 6:30 am.I wake up as early as possible as 4:00am.I got to the embassy like 5:30 am.I walked down straight to the queue area at the waiting section of the USA embassy (u know as a first timer, I actually dont know the right thing to do)until I was stopped by armed soldier and asked me to move far away from the USA embassy.within the the next 10 to 15 minutes, I started seeing people in multiple folds and we were all gathered in one point.

Exactly 6am a soldier came outside and asked us to form two single straight lines.immediately after the security checked by the soldiers we were directed to the long shed where another two queues were formed for the non immigrants and the other the permanent immigrants.At this point their is a guy that came outside and informed us that for student visa we should put 5 documents like appointment confirmation, ds-160, sevis payment evidence, i-20 , gtbank CGI us embassy visa fee payment and passport photo inside our international passport and said those documents are not meant to be stapled.Those that have been told by the people working around the embassy to Staple their documents quickly separate the documents.

Another security checks including white paper sticker to the back of ur international passport, removing of belts,wrist watches . At last we enter the main hall where the documents need to be checked again before the finger print stuff.It was this place I knew I have made a mistake , I never knew the i-20 documents is actually a 3 pages because am conversant with the only first page where all the data containing school information, and course programs are displayed.The woman shouted on me and asked me to give her all the documents in my hand, I handled them to her and she later told me no problem that I can proceed for my finger print and warned me to always take it along even at the point of entry.

Immediately after this, my heart started beating fast that the consular officer might penalised me because of this, I asked the CGI controlling the queue may be I can actually go down and take the remaining documents but informed me if I should try it, I might not be able to come up again.

I was directed to Window 3 where visa was approved to a lady going to North Dakota, this lady was actually denied twice in Abuja that she had to changed to Lagos and also immediately before me I thinking a visiting visa was denied also.

Vo : good morning

Me: good morning (I actually want to greet him first but
he was fast enough to say good morning)

Vo: pass me ur passport and ur i-20

Me: I sharply pass it to him

Vo:where are u going to?

Me: southern Illinois university

Vo: typing

Vo:what course are you going for?

Me: master of science in Civil engineering.

Vo: what school did u finished from?

Me: university of Lagos

Vo: what course did u do at your master of science (only god know what he was thinking about because I was actually going for MSc not PhD)
Me: I quickly corrected him that am actually going for my MSC and that I did civil engineering at my Bsc level.

Vo :thanks for the correction.

Vo:when did you completed ur Bsc?

Me:2011

Vo: what have you been doing after that?

Me: I went for my compulsory national youth services corps in 2012 and I completed it in 2013.immediately after that I joined a civil engineering firm in lekki here in Lagos.

Vo: what position are u holding in the office?

Me: am a project engineer

Vo:Are u married or single?

Me: single

Vo:what project are u currently working on?

Me:GTB data centre located in obalende, ikoyi, Lagos.

Vo:what are your responsibilities on the project.

Me: I designed structural elements like slabs, beam, column, foundation, staircase. ,I detail structural elements like slabs, beams, column, foundation, staircase, I produced bar bending schedule, I normally visit site to ensure that the contractors or engineer on site follow the drawing and design I give to them. I attend site meeting with the client, the architect and other people and if there is a problem on the site I will report to my master in the office

Vo.am sorry, I can't not proceed further with your visa and immediately gave me a blue paper.

Me: I said thank you.

No documents were asked. I look so dejected because I can not figure out what actually went wrong but I always believe all the decisions are sometimes at the consular officer discretion and they have the final say.I wish I could appealed immediately but I read from the blue paper that I can't appealed.I have to trekked down to TBS thinking how many jeans, shoes and shirts I would have bought with 54400 naira (lol) but I decided not to give up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 12:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Approval transcripts is loading

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 2:15am On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
I have to pass the night at the University of Lagos in order to arrive embassy early at 6:30 am.I wake up as early as possible as 4:00am.I got to the embassy like 5:30 am.I walked down straight to the queue area at the waiting section of the USA embassy (u know as a first timer, I actually dont know the right thing to do)until I was stopped by armed soldier and asked me to move far away from the USA embassy.within the the next 10 to 15 minutes, I started seeing people in multiple folds and we were all gathered in one point.

Exactly 6am a soldier came outside and asked us to form two single straight lines.immediately after the security checked by the soldiers we were directed to the long shed where another two queues were formed for the non immigrants and the other the permanent immigrants.At this point their is a guy that came outside and informed us that for student visa we should put 5 documents like appointment confirmation, ds-160, sevis payment evidence, i-20 , gtbank CGI us embassy visa fee payment and passport photo inside our international passport and said those documents are not meant to be stapled.Those that have been told by the people working around the embassy to Staple their documents quickly separate the documents.

Another security checks including white paper sticker to the back of ur international passport, removing of belts,wrist watches . At last we enter the main hall where the documents need to be checked again before the finger print stuff.It was this place I knew I have made a mistake , I never knew the i-20 documents is actually a 3 pages because am conversant with the only first page where all the data containing school information, and course programs are displayed.The woman shouted on me and asked me to give her all the documents in my hand, I handled them to her and she later told me no problem that I can proceed for my finger print and warned me to always take it along even at the point of entry.

Immediately after this, my heart started beating fast that the consular officer might penalised me because of this, I asked the CGI controlling the queue may be I can actually go down and take the remaining documents but informed me if I should try it, I might not be able to come up again.

I was directed to Window 3 where visa was approved to a lady going to North Dakota, this lady was actually denied twice in Abuja that she had to changed to Lagos and also immediately before me I thinking a visiting visa was denied also.

Vo : good morning

Me: good morning (I actually want to greet him first but
he was fast enough to say good morning)

Vo: pass me ur passport and ur i-20

Me: I sharply pass it to him

Vo:where are u going to?

Me: southern Illinois university

Vo: typing

Vo:what course are you going for?

Me: master of science in Civil engineering.

Vo: what school did u finished from?

Me: university of Lagos

Vo: what course did u do at your master of science (only god know what he was thinking about because I was actually going for MSc not PhD)
Me: I quickly corrected him that am actually going for my MSC and that I did civil engineering at my Bsc level.

Vo :thanks for the correction.

Vo:when did you completed ur Bsc?

Me:2011

Vo: what have you been doing after that?

Me: I went for my compulsory national youth services corps in 2012 and I completed it in 2013.immediately after that I joined a civil engineering firm in lekki here in Lagos.

Vo: what position are u holding in the office?

Me: am a project engineer

Vo:Are u married or single?

Me: single

Vo:what project are u currently working on?

Me:GTB data centre located in obalende, ikoyi, Lagos.

Vo:what are your responsibilities on the project.

Me: I designed structural elements like slabs, beam, column, foundation, staircase. ,I detail structural elements like slabs, beams, column, foundation, staircase, I produced bar bending schedule, I normally visit site to ensure that the contractors or engineer on site follow the drawing and design I give to them. I attend site meeting with the client, the architect and other people and if there is a problem on the site I will report to my master in the office

Vo.am sorry, I can't not proceed further with your visa and immediately gave me a blue paper.

Me: I said thank you.

No documents were asked. I look so dejected because I can not figure out what actually went wrong but I always believe all the decisions are sometimes at the consular officer discretion and they have the final say.I wish I could appealed immediately but I read from the blue paper that I can't appealed.I have to trekked down to TBS thinking how many jeans, shoes and shirts I would have bought with 54400 naira (lol) but I decided not to give up.

Truth be told! you actually did well but the VO is probably not convinced of your intention. There are other factors that can make your communication awkward. From dodgy eye contact, body language, fluency, audibility to voice tone. The VOs are trained to read these and sometimes, they make wrong assumptions. I believe you need to reapply again and hopefully, you had clinched it.

However, I will like to point out you somewhat delayed the interview. When asked where are you going. It will be good to state your university, kind of degree and your course in one breathe instead of the short phrase. Again, you where explaining too much of your job responsibilities. You said Project Engineer yet you were stating the duties of design engineer. I project management job is well known worldwide. You didn't use any action words that do with project engineer. You could state my duty is to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. I am involved in the planning, monitoring, coordination and control of our projects so as to achieve the project objectives. Shebi you see?

Lastly, she may not want you to leave the project you have at hand. You could say that you just finish one project and you figure an international MSc will open better opportunities for you along your career line as you are currently working within a small-scale construction firm.

Be aware that human have short attention span of about 8 seconds. So use active words to make your point fast and not to rigmarole. This is true of any job interview and when toasting babes grin grin. Oya ginger your swagger and go get your visa soon

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:16am On Oct 25, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
Lagosismyhome, can you also help? with the preparation for undergraduate engineering degree....some mock interviews or something....I mailed you guys but you ain't replying @olulanabuoy@gmail.com....other gurus I didn't mention their names....please help too.....time is going .......

I dont recall seeing anything from you ..... resend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:21am On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

Fesobi92:

@dickoflife

Lol... una no dey serious at all grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 25, 2016
Walspring:
@Airich01

I wish you all the best.

#Onelove

Mr Airich01
You have finally vexed our daddy, days after our mummy forgave you.
No one is going to beg for you this time undecided
I wish you all the best sha.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Denvan: 4:19am On Oct 25, 2016
Fesobi92:

Congrats brother me...you have fought and won. To allah be the glory. Now you can sleep like obama grin
"sleep like Obama ke"!!!!! shocked shocked shocked Obama no dey sleep well now o; until his anointed is elected...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:

I am interested to see what you did differently within a space of 3 days.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:

i can only but praise God on your behalf.... your story is a perfect example of God's work.honestly happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by jesusfriend1: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2016
VISA APPROVED (20/10/16).I got to the embassy in Abuja around 8:am cos my interview was scheduled for 9:am. I sat down on a chair i paid #200 for and started singing Way Maker by Sinachi,that song didn't leave my mouth till i got into the interview room.It kept my nerves in check and boosted my faith.I got on the line and everyone in front of me was denied,one albino who brought his mother in law for interview got his visiting visa cancelled,the V.O said his wife was leaving in the US illegally.Me i kept saying my case is different cos i be God pikin. It finally got to my turn o.Me:good morning(not sure if he answered).............V.o why are you going to NYFA) ME:It provides intensive training in a short amount of time,it focuses on hands on learning experience as classes are held in studio sets similar to the one used by broadcasters the world over)..........V.o cuts in:how did you find out about this school).......Me: i usually go thru the profile of the people i look up to to have a clear sense of what their journey is about and a couple of them had gone to NYFA,so i did my google research).........V.o:who are some of these people? )..........Me: i mentioned the names)...........V.o:did you apply to other schools).......Me:yes,university of Georgia and Wichita state university).........V.o: why didn't you go to Georgia?.....Me:i was about saying why i chose NYFA again but he said no,i said why didn't u go to Georgia,i now said cos its not as hands on as NYFA)......V.o:what do you do now)........Me:i finished my NYSC in may and i was working for the orientation broadcasting service and i still work with them voluntarily,i have been going on auditions too).....V.o:auditions for what)......Me(to be a T.v presenter,he nodded)......V.o:have you travelled out of Nigeria before?).........Me: i said i have not had the need to)......V.o: who will pay for this).......Me: i got an $8000 scholarship and my elder bro would pay the rest).The V.o was now looking so confused like he was looking for what to ask me(i knew it was God at work)he just gave me the 2white papers.My prayer before the interview was that my bank statement should not be checked cos the money was not enough and it was printed in july,i studied accounting but I'm going for broadcast journalism.God did it.Thanks to everyone and walspring for helping with my sevis fee payment.God is the answer to it all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2016
jesusfriend1:
VISA APPROVED (20/10/16).I got to the embassy in Abuja around 8:am cos my interview was scheduled for 9:am. I sat down on a chair i paid #200 for and started singing Way Maker by Sinachi,that song didn't leave my mouth till i got into the interview room.It kept my nerves in check and boosted my faith.I got on the line and everyone in front of me was denied,one albino who brought his mother in law for interview got his visiting visa cancelled,the V.O said his wife was leaving in the US illegally.Me i kept saying my case is different cos i be God pikin. It finally got to my turn o.Me:good morning(not sure if he answered).............V.o why are you going to NYFA) ME:It provides intensive training in a short amount of time,it focuses on hands on learning experience as classes are held in studio sets similar to the one used by broadcasters the world over)..........V.o cuts in:how did you find out about this school).......Me: i usually go thru the profile of the people i look up to to have a clear sense of what their journey is about and a couple of them had gone to NYFA,so i did my google research).........V.o:who are some of these people? )..........Me: i mentioned the names)...........V.o:did you apply to other schools).......Me:yes,university of Georgia and Wichita state university).........V.o: why didn't you go to Georgia?.....Me:i was about saying why i chose NYFA again but he said no,i said why didn't u go to Georgia,i now said cos its not as hands on as NYFA)......V.o:what do you do now)........Me:i finished my NYSC in may and i was working for the orientation broadcasting service and i still work with them voluntarily,i have been going on auditions too).....V.o:auditions for what)......Me(to be a T.v presenter,he nodded)......V.o:have you travelled out of Nigeria before?).........Me: i said i have not had the need to)......V.o: who will pay for this).......Me: i got an $8000 scholarship and my elder bro would pay the rest).The V.o was now looking so confused like he was looking for what to ask me(i knew it was God at work)he just gave me the 2white papers.My prayer before the interview was that my bank statement should not be checked cos the money was not enough and it was printed in july,i studied accounting but I'm going for broadcast journalism.God did it.Thanks to everyone and walspring for helping with my sevis fee payment.God is the answer to it all.
Congrats brother. God bless your new Joni. Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Hey guys help me out here, my i20 has not yet arrived and the university sent it out since the 3rd of this month, i have been to the nipost office and they said they havent received it yet, i wanted to apply for visa this friday because i thought i would have gotten it by now...what should i do guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ariesben5: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Pls,house,can someone help me out on how to pay my sevis fee................thanks. I am new here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Enjay11:
Hey guys help me out here, my i20 has not yet arrived and the university sent it out since the 3rd of this month, i have been to the nipost office and they said they havent received it yet, i wanted to apply for visa this friday because i thought i would have gotten it by now...what should i do guys?

Nipost can be really slow depending on where in Nigeria you are based ..... If this is urgent although this friday almost impossible for a new one if u havent received it . my recommendation would be to tell the school to send another copy but by UPS or something faster . You might be much more expensive but u get it quicker ... alternative if your resumption is in January then u still have enough time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks......i'm based in lagos by the way, i'll wait till friday
LagosismyHome:

Nipost can be really slow depending on where in Nigeria you are based ..... If this is urgent although this friday almost impossible for a new one if u havent received it . my recommendation would be to tell the school to send another copy but by UPS or something faster . You might be much more expensive but u get it quicker ... alternative if your resumption is in January then u still have enough time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Congratulations to all those who got their Visas!! grin grin
For those who didn't get theirs please be encouraged to reapply..God is your Strength.
Congratulations to #TeamSpring2017...

#TeamFall2017 dey observe una... Pls click Like if you are TeamFall2017 grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I dont recall seeing anything from you ..... resend
I've mailed you again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:

PM me again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
jesusfriend1:
VISA APPROVED (20/10/16)

Congratulations man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

Congratulations man!

Please check your mail..I PM you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

Truth be told! you actually did well but the VO is probably not convinced of your intention. There are other factors that can make your communication awkward. From dodgy eye contact, body language, fluency, audibility to voice tone. The VOs are trained to read these and sometimes, they make wrong assumptions. I believe you need to reapply again and hopefully, you had clinched it.

However, I will like to point out you somewhat delayed the interview. When asked where are you going. It will be good to state your university, kind of degree and your course in one breathe instead of the short phrase. Again, you where explaining too much of your job responsibilities. You said Project Engineer yet you were stating the duties of design engineer. I project management job is well known worldwide. You didn't use any action words that do with project engineer. You could state my duty is to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. I am involved in the planning, monitoring, coordination and control of our projects so as to achieve the project objectives. Shebi you see?

Lastly, she may not want you to leave the project you have at hand. You could say that you just finish one project and you figure an international MSc will open better opportunities for you along your career line as you are currently working within a small-scale construction firm.

Be aware that human have short attention span of about 8 seconds. So use active words to make your point fast and not to rigmarole. This is true of any job interview and when toasting babes grin grin. Oya ginger your swagger and go get your visa soon

Nice write up...
I like your sense of reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.