Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673022 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
Texrem please can you help?
Lagosismyhome, can you also help? with the preparation for undergraduate engineering degree....some mock interviews or something....I mailed you guys but you ain't replying @olulanabuoy@gmail.com....other gurus I didn't mention their names....please help too.....time is going .......
PM me your queries. i could help with the research... cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
I have to pass the night at the University of Lagos in order to arrive embassy early at 6:30 am.I wake up as early as possible as 4:00am.I got to the embassy like 5:30 am.

Vo:what are your responsibilities on the project.

Me: I designed structural elements like slabs, beam, column, foundation, staircase. ,I detail structural elements like slabs, beams, column, foundation, staircase, I produced bar bending schedule, I normally visit site to ensure that the contractors or engineer on site follow the drawing and design I give to them. I attend site meeting with the client, the architect and other people and if there is a problem on the site I will report to my master in the office

Vo.am sorry, I can't not proceed further with your visa and immediately gave me a blue paper.

Me: I said thank you.

No documents were asked. I look so dejected because I can not figure out what actually went wrong but I always believe all the decisions are sometimes at the consular officer discretion and they have the final say.I wish I could appealed immediately but I read from the blue paper that I can't appealed.I have to trekked down to TBS thinking how many jeans, shoes and shirts I would have bought with 54400 naira (lol) but I decided not to give up.

its always good for your I-20 to show some funding even if its $2000 - $5000
it kind of helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=jesusfriend1 post=50490612]VISA APPROVED (20/10/16).
When Jesus says YES, nobody can say no... Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
As you guys no see my green light no vex.
I'm on a very tight schedule at the moment.
Those that sent me PM,I'm sorry I'd reply you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ovieigho(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

yes. this is good. but its better to say a friend of yours who is an alumnus of the school and to be specific on the opportunity. Numerous opportunity such as internship placement as the school have many corroboration with industries is a better statement. Let each of your sentences be meaningful, active and specific. You are trying to convince someone here about your passion and motivation. Give it substance.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to connect out of here except for foreign payment. I have got many PMs. Its easier to reach you here and others will benefit too
thanks for your respond but what if you don't have anybody that hav studied in the school can one come up with a fictitious names? Hope they won't check the name in their records asap....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
From chemist bus stop in akoka to sabo, from sabo to obalende( I was surprised I got obalende for #50 may be because it is early in the morning) then from obalende to eko hotel via keke marwa and I got down at checking point.

I walked down straight to one of those shop selling food to keep my bag because I know I will have to pay 1000 naira in order to keep it where people Normally drop their bags and belongings.The lady I met started dropping voice that I will have to pay her money, in my mind I said so am going to give this lady money again but I knew it is not going to be 1000 naira.

Walk straight down to where people Normally gather, people have already there waiting. I have to quickly went and stay in the front because I have made up my mind that I will have to be among the set of people the consular officer will interview first.immediately 6am, the normal security checking was done, as I already know the right thing to do from my first experience, I have to put my i-20 (this time I have the 3 pages of my i-20 along), the appointment confirmation page, sevis payment receipt, gtb CGI payment receipt , ds-160 confirmation page and my passport photo inside my international passport.I was actually the second person on the non immigrants queue. I did other security checking also.straight to the main hall.

Being the second person on the queue,documents checking and finger printing was done quickly, the finger print machine later has issues because there were only one machine available making the process tardy for other people behind.we have to wait for like 10 to 15 minutes before the consular officers arrived.

The consular officer arrive one after the other, window 3 was d first person to show face, the first person go for window 3 and I was also ask to queue behind window 3 , immediately I saw the guy face, I quickly recollect that this is d man that gave me my first denial something just push me quickly to Window 2, I don't know how that happened God was so good that consular officer is already siting down there waiting for someone. The CGI was about to caution me but he left me Immediately he saw someone there.

Me :good morning ( I was so happy because I was the first person to greet her)
Vo:good morning
Vo: pass me ur passport and ur I -20
Me:I did that immediately
Vo: why are u going to united state if America?
Me.for my master of science in Civil engineering with specialization in structural engineering at southern illinois university after which I have to come back to Nigeria and contribute my quota to the development of country.
Vo: where are u working presently?
Me:a Civil engineering firm in lekki here in Lagos.
Vo:what is Civil engineering?
Me:I was shock because I did not expect this question,I quickly compose myself and said Civil engineering is d branch of engineering that deal with the safety of structures, structures like roads, airports , high rise buildings, foundation engineering.........etc
Vo:what project are u currently working on?
Me:gtbank data centre in ikoyi,Lagos and I have also worked on Africa development bank project in Abuja, federal inland revenue service(I quickly remember that I put all these projects in my first ds-160)
Vo:what are your responsibilities?
Me: I mentioned them
Vo: mention those people that u work with on site
Me:architect, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, contractors, clients
Vo: why structural engineering?
Me:I actually crammed what to say but I forget,I just told her this is the aspect of civil engineering I found most difficult in my place of work and I will like to improve on it.
Vo:how many times have u paid for visa fees?
Me:twice
Vo: what motivate u to pay the second time(see question)
Me:my employer normally give staff the opportunity to school abroad every year, my name is among the staff for this year, next year will be another batch. If I can't make it this year,there will not be opportunity for me again.
Vo:are u married?
Me:no but I have done my traditional wedding and religion wedding and my court wedding has been fixed for summer next year(I have to say this so that she won't think @ 26 I should have married).
Vo:do you have any child?
Me: I have not done my court wedding so am not officially marry(she quickly cut in and defend herself)
Vo:she explained to me that some people do have child/children wherther they are married or not
Vo:What is d duration of your study?
Me:2 years and 5 months , 29 months
Vo:when is your program starting: January 3,2017(at the stage my mind is at rest,she just dey nod her head and I was looking at her eyeball to eyeball,confident has increased)
Vo: how many universities did u applied to?
Me:4
Vo:name them
Me:Cleveland State university, University of southern California,Merrimack college and southern Illinois university edwardville.(I shown her my admission letter for Merrimack college where I was given 3500 dollars scholarship)
Vo: why southern Illinois university edwardville?
Me:the course structures and course outlines in the department of civil engineering completely aligned with my area of specialization and my graduate coordinator has been communicating with me to the extent that he has given me a research supervisor also there is a research currently going on that is related to my area of specialization.
Vo:good,ok
Vo:do u have any written document?
Me: I don't know what she mean by this statement may be she was talking about a written research proposal but I do not waste time ,I quickly gave her my TOEFL, IELTS and GRE results documents.
Vo:good (she was looking at the GRE results why also typing something on the system probably she was confirming the authenticity of the GRE scores)
Vo: who is going to sponsor u?
Me:my parents
Vo :What do they do?
Me:my mother is a senior lecturer at Lagos state university while my dad is a Civil engineer at ove arup consulting firm here in Lagos and he is also a partner.
Vo: any financial documents?
Me:yes, i gave her my dad statement of account and my own statement of account.(I was already tired answering questions but when I remember the 54400 naira, I quickly compose myself)
Vo:looking at the documents for like two minutes(why I was busy looking at her) and gave everything back to me.
Vo:I will be approving your visa, collect your passport at your choosen location in the next 4 days and she gave me a while paper.( I wanted to correct her and say it is 3 working days but I couldn't wait to correct her, at this moment I wanted to jump and shout but I compose myself and tell her thank you) people were already looking at me may b because of the time spent or because my voice was aloud enough to receive attention).

The lady really drilled me but at last Almighty Allah was on my side.

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
tolutweety:
Hello,

What do I do in a situation where the school ask me to provide the equivalent of what I have on my bank statement in US dollars.

The account is being operated in Naira , in Nigeria. ..and the bank wouldn't provide the equivalent in dollars as it is an account operated in Naira.

Your advice is urgently needed.

Thanks

@ lagosismyhome,walspring, texrem, mayflowa, slimmy2005
If you are applying to a good school I don't think you'll have that problem. Except the school you're applying to is all those escape fast i-20 schools. No school does that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:

Vo:I will be approving your visa, collect your passport at your choosen location in the next 4 days and she gave me a while paper.( I wanted to correct her and say it is 3 working days but I couldn't wait to correct her, at this moment I wanted to jump and shout but I compose myself and tell her thank you) people were already looking at me may b because of the time spent or because my voice was aloud enough to receive attention).

wow!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
From chemist bus stop in akoka to sabo, from sabo to obalende( I was surprised I got obalende for #50 may be because it is on the queue,documents checking and finger printing was done quickly, the finger print machine later has issues because there were only one machine available making the process tardy for other people behind.we have to wait for like 10 to 15 minutes before the consular officers arrived.

Chairman congtats
This your Interview na WAEC. You were drilled on 90% of all the major questions VOs usually ask Prospective F1 students. I have truly learnt a lot. Congrats Again! cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:

This is loaded. Happy God granted you the victory brother. Goto obamaland and succeed. Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mayflowa:

Why are you loving darefadi? Don't love her please. I am jealous like that. Face your akata babe grin
lols. .. omo na sixe 6 i dey carry for here o. Me wey usually go for BB and ukwulicios na so dis baby don melt my heart o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

@dickoflife

Lol... una no dey serious at all grin grin grin
sweety potatoe, honey sugaroro...... how are u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
From chemist bus stop in akoka to sabo, from sabo to obalende( I was surprised I got obalende for #50 may be because it is early in the morning) then from obalende to eko hotel via keke marwa and I got down at checking point.

If God say yes who can say no....kudos for not giving up and going again . welldone cheers to your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by beeesko: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hi room, u guys are doing a very great us job down here, bcus i find every conversation down here really helpful. keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by beeesko: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hi room, i just received my admission letter and i-20 form yesterday and i just observed the SEVIS fee cant be payed online only through western union and as far as i know is that Nigeria cant send money by western union.

Can anyone help me on how to pay this SEVIS fee of a thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
I can help you pay at the rate of 420/dollar.
beeesko:
Hi room, i just received my admission letter and i-20 form yesterday and i just observed the SEVIS fee cant be payed online only through western union and as far as i know is that Nigeria cant send money by western union.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
beeesko:

I recommend you to either walspring or Texrem those guys gonna do it smoothly.. Good luck sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by beeesko: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
That is like 84k right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Femalin:
please i am applying for a school in USA and I need to evaluate my result using Wes but it is not available for Ghana.but other countries was available. what can I do .

Is your school asking you to do WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
Congrats....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:

Congrats bro.... I learnt so much from your transcripts. Now i see what people usually say about consistency. The VO actually asked you same question that got your first visa delayed. I can conclude they keep record of what you ans in your interview and the comment on ans that they make thir decision on, thats why the VO decided to ask and drilled u on same question. maybe the first VO was like...this guy claimed to be Project Eng but actually saying role of design eng. Congrats once again....My Transcript of VISA Approved is loading BY GODS GRACE.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Walspring:

Is your school asking you to do WES?

I mailed U....Please check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
sobastical:

Pinkytoes in the building baby....lol

lol...

Nah her remix version or which one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
kenniez26:
Blue paper to turn to white paper within 3 working days.it is only God that can do this.I just want to say thank u Allah.

Visa approved today at the Lagos US consulate general office after first denial on Wednesday 19/10/2016.

If at first u don't succeed, dust it up and try again.

If u try, u can either loss or win but if u don't try u have already loss.

Thanks to oludare01, femi23, Fesobi, walspring, Lagosismyhome ,texrem and Gunther6 for subsidize my GRE fees.to whom much is given much is expected.

All other spring applicants, God wil surely approved everybody visa.Amen

The two transcripts is on the way.right now I just have to sleep, my eyes are closing already. I could not slept well yesterday

Wow!!!

congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Walspring:

lol...

Nah her remix version or which one

Na remix oo
But that school never write me oo and I don tire to dey wait. Storming lag Thursday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
fatanu:

Got it and i will reply kindly exercise patience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
ogba4james:

@wolfspring.. Pls I need review and to get some details from u..my interview is coming soon..
Pls your email address or Whatsapp pls..
This my : ogba4james@yahoo.com

Big boss am walspring and not wolfspring oooo

Send me pm then we can review
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
Enjay11:
Hey guys help me out here, my i20 has not yet arrived and the university sent it out since the 3rd of this month, i have been to the nipost office and they said they havent received it yet, i wanted to apply for visa this friday because i thought i would have gotten it by now...what should i do guys?

Wait till 3rd of next month or middle of next month you should get it, better still go to the nearest post office around you and ask for if
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Mr Airich01
You have finally vexed our daddy, days after our mummy forgave you.
No one is going to beg for you this time undecided
I wish you all the best sha.

Cheers.

Lolz... You be funny man no be small
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
jesusfriend1:
VISA APPROVED (20/10/16).I got to the embassy in Abuja around 8:am cos my interview was scheduled for 9:am. I sat down on a chair i paid #200 for and started singing Way Maker by Sinachi,that song didn't leave my mouth till i got into the interview room.It kept my nerves in check and boosted my faith.I got on the line and everyone in front of me was denied,one albino who brought his mother in law for interview got his visiting visa cancelled,the V.O said his wife was leaving in the US illegally.Me i kept saying my case is different cos i be God pikin. It finally got to my turn o.Me:good morning(not sure if he answered).............V.o why are you going to NYFA) ME:It provides intensive training in a short amount of time,it focuses on hands on learning experience as classes are held in studio sets similar to the one used by broadcasters the world over)..........V.o cuts in:how did you find out about this school).......Me: i usually go thru the profile of the people i look up to to have a clear sense of what their journey is about and a couple of them had gone to NYFA,so i did my google research).........V.o:who are some of these people? )..........Me: i mentioned the names)...........V.o:did you apply to other schools).......Me:yes,university of Georgia and Wichita state university).........V.o: why didn't you go to Georgia?.....Me:i was about saying why i chose NYFA again but he said no,i said why didn't u go to Georgia,i now said cos its not as hands on as NYFA)......V.o:what do you do now)........Me:i finished my NYSC in may and i was working for the orientation broadcasting service and i still work with them voluntarily,i have been going on auditions too).....V.o:auditions for what)......Me(to be a T.v presenter,he nodded)......V.o:have you travelled out of Nigeria before?).........Me: i said i have not had the need to)......V.o: who will pay for this).......Me: i got an $8000 scholarship and my elder bro would pay the rest).The V.o was now looking so confused like he was looking for what to ask me(i knew it was God at work)he just gave me the 2white papers.My prayer before the interview was that my bank statement should not be checked cos the money was not enough and it was printed in july,i studied accounting but I'm going for broadcast journalism.God did it.Thanks to everyone and walspring for helping with my sevis fee payment.God is the answer to it all.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

In all let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
fatanu:

Kindly gimme time i will reply you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
sobastical:

Na remix oo
But that school never write me oo and I don tire to dey wait. Storming lag Thursday

No tire just be prepare to fire..

Lagos no dey my mind for now ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.