Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674969 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kingadebayo(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dear Nairalanders.

Got the Visa yesterday.

Thanks to @ Lagosismyhome: though he wan cut my mind.

Please anyone going to Pennsylvania?

Transcripts coming soon, though very short( Less dan 2 minutes Interview)

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Top of the day to everyone.

I will appreciate an advice. Pls, the Earliest Admission date on my I-20 is 10 December, 2016. Can I board a flight that leaves Lagos on the 9th and arrives US on the 10th?

Won't I have issues @ d airport or POE?

Helpful advice will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ewedusoup:
Good afternoon Nlanders,first time I'm applying for a bible college in the state,my main issues are 1.bank statement,2.never work before but Serve as NYSC just concluded 2016,but i have a distance relation in the same state where the school is located,my question is would the VO ask for her bank statement? plz i need to be guided thanks.

Are you a Pastor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Congratulations.

poshestaunt:
Not so silent follower. cheesy . Appointment was for 9:15 and I arrived by 8:00 a.m at the Lagos Consulate. The queue was very long and by the time we entered I was already tired and couldn't wait to get it over with.

Anyways here's my transcript
VO. Hello again ( he took my finger print earlier on )
Me : hello (with a smile)
Vo: Can u pass your passport and i20
I handed it over to him
Vo: What will you be doing in America
Me: I am going to pursue a masters degree in business administration and management at stratford uni in Virginia
Vo: how will an mba help you
Me: It will give me a competitive advantage when applying for top management positions
Vo: in your current organization ?
Me: Yes
Vo.: who will be paying for your trip
Me: my elder brother who has been responsible for my education
Vo: what so u do at the moment
Me: I'm a company secretary at an oil servicing company called xyz Ltd
Vo: I will be approving your visa pick it up at.... ( I no hear the rest..
Me : Thank you so much (I run commot)
No documents asked. Nothing. It can only be God

Thank u nairaland family. I learnt a lot from here.. God bless everyone. Bleep . America here I come..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Congratulation and an inspiration to some of us. No Age barrier for education.
Songitto:

I need to post this for other visa applicant to benefit from it,before that i want to say a big thank you to lagosismyhome for the tips she has been given me from the stage of admission processing till now and special thanks gose to Texrem for the review of my mock transcripts God bless you all

Approved visa transcripts

VO: Good morning,How are you? , after She just refused a guy in black suit and jean in front of me

Me:I quickly answer her I'm fine Good morning ma,i wanted to pass her all the necessary documents

VO:said only passport please,

ME:Then i separated them and gave her,she type for some sec on her system then ask for my i20 and sevis receipt,

V0: When did you finished your high school

Me:2005, mean while i filled higher institution on my ds 160 for the national diploma in health information management technician for the course i studied for 3 consecutive years

Vo: so tell me what you have been doing since 11 years

Me:After i finished my high school i got admission into .. college of health.. where i studied the aboved metioned course

Vo: what do you do when you finished your national diploma,

Me:I got job offer in year 2011 in so so dental clinic in lagos after i got my national diploma in so so college of health in year 2010 ,i worked there for 4 years as medical records technician then i got another job offer in 2015...she cut

Vo: What course your going to study

Me:health informatics and information management major

VO: DO you apply to any other school?

Me:yes

VO:name them, omo i won Bleep up here for just this simple question, my voice started to shake before i could mentioned southwestern oklahoma state university but i quickly compose my self and tell her coppin state university and wmu and she smiles at me

Vo: How many school admitted you,

Me:2

VO: wmu and what

Me:copping state university

V0:So why do you choose wmu

Me:because wmu provides necessary accademic foundation for thier students to be competent in their field, during the time i was proessing my application i had oppourtunity to contact... Cut

VO:so what will you do with this Bsc degree,

Me:it will give me more oppourtunity to work with top health care delivery when i come back to nigeria, such as st Nicolas hospital, uch ibadan, federal medical center, lagos state university teaching hospital... where i will be using the aquired skill to implement electronic medical records management and to establesh my own health insurance company to provide quality health service... I want to fire on but She cut

VO: where are you staying when you arrieved u s

Me:Harrison hall in western michigan university

na so she take white papper and hold my passport, and return my i20 With white papper... I no even sabi the door to commot from the hall again.. Untill the security lady directed me and smailes..

Note:fill your ds-160 yourself and know the reason why your going to study in United State,pray and fast for good luck and success

Please dont be discouraged by anyone age is not matter to get your visa, if you have a good reason for study in u s you will surely get it... i am 30yrs old,single

Then pretend to dose hustler outside the halls to let you go,you can only felicitate with them if you have enough cash in your pockect to give them.

I give all glory to Almighty God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Congratulations.

ecaaychukwu:
Finally, my visa was approved this morning. it's been a rough one for me but God has been faithful. I got three denials mid this year for Fall session and it was like I wasn't gonna make it thru again. But I thank God, that I ade it thru this last attempt.

Here goes my transcript:

VO: How are you doing?
ME: I'm great sir and you?

VO: Can you tell me your study plans?
ME: I'm going to Valparaiso University to study a Master's degree in International Commerce and Policy for the period of 18month. I will be taking up courses like International Trade, International Business, Economics, New Venture Creation and International Relations. These courses will equip me with the right skill set to be able understand the application of Business with Trade, Economics, International Relations and Public Policy. *VO cuts*

VO: Tell me about the programme
Me: Like I earlier said, the course is for a period of 18 months and I will be taking the aforementioned courses and at graduation, I must meet up to 3.0cgpa and must have completed 25 credit hours. *VO cuts*

VO: How many schools did you choose?
ME: 2 and the other is George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.

VO: Why did you choose Valparaiso University?
ME: During my research on the course, I found out that Valpo happens to be one of the few skls around the globe that offers such course with robust combinations of course from 4 areas such as Trade, Economics, International Relations and Public Policy. And I am *VO cuts*

VO: What did you study in your UG?
ME: Business Administration.

VO: from what skl?
ME: Lagos State University, Lagos.

VO: Why do you like Unilag?
ME: * I became confused here and told him to repeat the question*

VO: Why do you like Unilag?
ME: You mean Unilag? *VO replied YES* I didn't attend unilag, I attended Lagos State University which is also called LASU. It's LASU not Unilag

VO: okay okay.

VO: Valparaiso University and George Mason University are top schools in the US, why didn't you choose them then instead going for University of Bridgeport?
ME: *The Question confuse me small but I just started saying anything* After the denials I got, I just realized a course that perfectly suits my interest and that is International Commerce and Policy(ICP) and the course has to do with the connection of business with economics, trade, international relations and public policy. More so, ICP is more of a concentration of MBA and So I just had to make the switch. And after the completion of my programme, I will return back home to work with the Bank of Industry and see to how I can formulate strategies to help startups, SMEs grow in Nigeria.

VO: *nodding his head. Bringing out the white paper* okay okay. Just keep your i-20 safe because you will be needing it at POE.
ME: *with so much excitement* thank you very much sir and God bless you.

Thanks to DeeTus and texrem and other gurus in the house for their contributions. God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
Bruv Whats good? How is Mississippi?

Hey my man. I dey o. How your end?

gunther6 I see you, bruv. Na you dey flex pass ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
teepee4Him:

I will appreciate an advice. Pls, the Earliest Admission date on my I-20 is 10 December, 2016. Can I board a flight that leaves Lagos on the 9th and arrives US on the 10th?

allow 2-3days after your start date before u travel now , don't put yourself under unnecessary risk

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, pls is their any sku in d state Dat Dia fall academic calendar fall within July or August? Ans is urgently needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
kingadebayo:
Dear Nairalanders.

Got the Visa yesterday.

Thanks to @ Lagosismyhome: though he wan cut my mind.

Please anyone going to Pennsylvania?

Transcripts coming soon, though very short( Less dan 2 minutes Interview)
Congrate!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:

Congratulation and an inspiration to some of us. No Age barrier for education.
Nice 1 exactly my case....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
teepee4Him:

I tink 30days rule before resumption date is still valid for student entering, u are eligible to enter dere any date from November 10th to December 10th which means u are good to go... Worry not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ganiyuadeoye: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
@femi321 @ajibade105 @deetus @texrem @fesobi92
Thanks to you guys,
sorry my response coming this late. I studied systems engineering, Unilag, I did the GRE mid this year after prep for some (4) months while working. Well there is a high chance of doing better in quant but my challenge will always be the verbal aspect which I am not in control of and can't guarantee I will do better. This prompted me to atleast first search for schools that can take this result eventhough I had it in mind to re-seat for the GRE exams since the day i did it.

University of Houston(industrial Engr Dept) denied my application in which the reason was not stipulated, after lot of ups and downs.
@femi321....will it be possible to apply for scholarship with this or better GRE result after securing admission in the school?

@texrem....U cannot be more right than this, but I just want to share mind with lads too as I have been googling mehn but don't want to be too wasteful again

@Ajibade105, yea,I see you from far my bro from another mother, miss your contributions and i needed to try out those exams after few yrs of exam rustiness. I will but will be glad to get a school too. Time and busy schedule caused my absence on the trend

@DeeTus, I will be glad to get an admission with scholarship irrespective of the school ranking, Remember and I believe none of our school can gimme what i can get over there and there is room to get a better school later on. Please I want your school suggestion

@fesobi92.....Systems engr. Unilag

Thanks to those that read my post n those too busy to read tooo....... Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
You people should stop quotting long posts abeg. Just a mention would do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
adup:

I tink 30days rule before resumption date is still valid for student entering, u are eligible to enter dere any date from November 10th to December 10th which means u are good to go... Worry not

Actually, resumption date is 11th January,2016 but my earliest admission date on I-20 was what was slated as 10th December 2016.

I had 'foolishly' left it late to book for a flight and I'm considering the difference in flight fare between that 9th and thereafter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
larmeedeh:

allow 2-3days after your start date before u travel now , don't put yourself under unnecessary risk

Quite true!

Was just thinking of cutting costs.

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:
Thanks to you guys,
sorry my response coming this late. I studied systems engineering, Unilag, I did the GRE mid this year after prep for some (4) months while working. Well there is a high chance of doing better in quant but my challenge will always be the verbal aspect which I am not in control of and can't guarantee I will do better. This prompted me to atleast first search for schools that can take this result eventhough I had it in mind to re-seat for the GRE exams since the day i did it.

University of Houston(industrial Engr Dept) denied my application in which the reason was not stipulated, after lot of ups and downs.
@femi321....will it be possible to apply for scholarship with this or better GRE result after securing admission in the school?

@texrem....U cannot be more right than this, but I just want to share mind with lads too as I have been googling mehn but don't want to be too wasteful again

@Ajibade105, yea,I see you from far my bro from another mother, miss your contributions and i needed to try out those exams after few yrs of exam rustiness. I will but will be glad to get a school too. Time and busy schedule caused my absence on the trend

@DeeTus, I will be glad to get an admission with scholarship irrespective of the school ranking, Remember and I believe none of our school can gimme what i can get over there and there is room to get a better school later on. Please I want your school suggestion

OK but did you take TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=teepee4Him post=51577077]

Okies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
adup:
Hello gurus in the house, pls is their any sku in d state Dat Dia fall academic calendar fall within July or August? Ans is urgently needed. Thanks

Stop doing short hand , it spoils your written English which you need to succeed well in the US .
Ok Bye grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Stop doing short hand , it spoils your written English which you need to succeed well in the US .
Ok Bye grin

I Don't get ur point ma? Pls explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ORGANIST10: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good evening guys. My visa was approved at the U.S embassay today around some minutes to 11am. I really bless God for his favour. My interview was fun. On my way to Tafawa Balewa Stadium for THE EXPERIENCE......what a day to go worship God........Singing Made a way and Intentional by Travis Greene............All things are working for my good, its intentional. Will post the transcript on Monday.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
adup:

I Don't ur point ma? Pls explain

Write in correct, plain, English!
Not text speak and abbreviations.

Then people might understand and answer you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
worry359:

Write in correct, plain, English! Not text speak and abbreviations.
Then people might understand and answer you.

Noted.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
ORGANIST10:
Good evening guys. My visa was approved at the U.S embassay today around some minutes to 11am. I really bless God for his favour. My interview was fun. On my way to Tafawa Balewa Stadium for THE EXPERIENCE......what a day to go worship God........Singing Made a way and Intentional by Travis Greene............All things are working for my good, its intentional. Will post the transcript on Monday.

Your joy can be felt in your post....Congrats, God bless your new journey .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:
Thanks to you guys,

Ganiyuadeoye, With your CGPA, I am very sure you are a smart student. All you need to do is to make audacious plans for graduate school. I think the only thing that can ameliorate our score is to use most materials used by some nlders on how to achieve high score on the GRE thread.

@bold 1; Verbal section;the way I think you can tackle this section is to watch the magoosh videos and use Princeton New Gre and other materials used by top score monikers on this thread. Don't forget to use the Magoosh vocabulary APP, Memrise APP and to mention a few when you are less busy like in the public bus when you are going to and/or coming back from work.

@bold 2: Don't sound desperate. Take a step at a time. Just look for ways to bolster your career. Things will work out bro.

I am an alumnus of the University of Lagos. Greatest Akokite!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
TWoods:

As a silent reader (more out of interest since i went through the exact same journey a few years ago - although it appears to have been easier then) who never posts here, bro your posts are just flat out funny! cheesy

You want the contact email to who? The embassy, DHS secretary or the president?
grin see wickedness o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
Happy new month y'all! cheesy. Just a quick tip for those coming in Spring & Fall, edaku embarassedn! when choosing a phone plan, go for affordable ones. Dont get swamped in orientation hype and allow obodo oyibo breeze to go and push you to be paying $50+ monthly as phone bill. You might not feel it in your first or second month, but 3rd month when you start using your tongue to count your teeth you will know how far. God bless slimmy, bigfrancis21 and co that talked about cheaper phone plans like lycamobile,ultramobile,simplemobile some months back. Its better to use these so called cheap plans, as time goes on, you can switch to Verizon & co. Whats the point of $50+ phone bill when you cant call internationally or text intl. My $19 phone bill has unlimited intl text, $1.5 intl credit and very clear domestic call and texts + 40+ free intl calling. Just thought I'd drop this here cuz body don dey tell on people with crazy bills. One love tongue
Iyobs7, are you reading this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Chiezzh:
I'm finding some thing difficult ...wherr should I go for the next interview ....abuja or lagos ...my first was lagos and please make me understabd what I'm to fill here..what will be my income ..And am i to fill my primary school details ..the issue of the civil engineering should I say I did science laboratory technology instead of civil engineering so that it matches with biomedical and I did my industrial training at FERMA should I fill my dad hospital so it matches ...please I need opinions
Bro, why not rest and refire later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Toluking10: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
@texrem please i need help on how i can pay my sevis fee the western union payment method is not working out in nigeria
how can i contact you please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hushee:

Bro, why not rest and refire later.
So nobody is gonna put me tru...till next weekend. ..na wah oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Fesobi92:

One word they say is enough for the wise.

My accountant friend cannot enter amelika now. Agent say make he change to medical doctor for embassy. Naso, those eagle eyed vos spot am. He can relate the super story.
Lol. Those agents no get mercy at all. Before I discovered this thread, one told me to change from animal science to MBA to make it easier for me, na so I run o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Chiezzh:

So nobody is gonna put me tru...till next weekend. ..na wah oo

The way you are at the moment
Any visa officer would smell your desperation and refuse you.

Best to wait and get thing sorted properly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.