Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674365 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Timi1990(m): 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
larmeedeh:

I intend using it to pay for flight ticket , not sure if it will work but this monthly limit on mastercard is just annoying. no bank allows 200$+ for international transaction expect access n I hear its 200$ monthly.
or what do u do suggest ?

i booked my flight with a local travel agent, the guys price is abit cheaper than wakanow price. you can send me a PM if you want their website or email. i booked lagos - atlanta @ 316k Ethiopia airways.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
worry359:

The way you are at the moment
Any visa officer would smell your desperation and refuse you.

Best to wait and get thing sortd properly.
I'm not desperate! I already got my self sorted ...I'm filling on my ds 160 all I did....no lies ...I only need sm1 to out me true it..thanks for those that have made comment concerning my post....with your help I will get tru this ....I need guidance

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ewedusoup(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=spicyella post=51570829][/quote]
Thanks Spicyella..i will like to know the procedure and steps you took before gotten your I 20,pls this is my email..oluwasogoemmanuel1984@gmail.com thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please you guys should be careful with all these crazy sites you buy things from. I bought a product for $20 sometimes last month and just yesterday, they charged me $170 for one useless subscription.I no send them o. I had to call them, come see as I dey para for oyinbo. They sha cancelled the useless subscription they put me on. Who they help. Sorry for the irrelevant story, just be careful when buying things online.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
Timi1990:

i booked my flight with a local travel agent, the guys price is abit cheaper than wakanow price. you can send me a PM if you want their website or email. i booked lagos - atlanta @ 316k Ethiopia airways.
I was talking about domestic flights within d US . I booked d local Lagos to NYC wit wakanow

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolutweety(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
larmeedeh:

I was talking about domestic flights within d US . I booked d local Lagos to NYC wit wakanow

What means are you using to exchange your currency for payments down there.
Don't seem to get formA, pta ? Travelex seems so much a trouble too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
tolutweety:

What means are you using to exchange your currency for payments down there.
Don't seem to get formA, pta ? Travelex seems so much a trouble too.
if travellex won't work cos I never tot of that form a thing .. I'll jejely us aboki.
wats d rate like now ?
n how sure r u travelex won't work ? av u tried it or wat ?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by calfavour(f): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
gunther6:
I greet everybody o, how every The cold has been brutal, exam, oral defenses on top of the CFA I'm writing barely a week from now but God dey... Mekurexx, Fortissimo, Oludare I sight una. plauses, calfavour, cutemorgan and Riddy y'all owe me mails. I greet imperiouxx and Darefadi(London is my home).
And as for prospective students, this is the year of Trump which will make US policy fluid and in a state of flux at least for the next 4 yrs. There is at least going to be a potential crackdown on H-1B visas for encroaching on 'American jobs'. This has become a really clannish place.
Again build yourself, toughen up before coming here. A lizard in Nigeria will not turn to an alligator in North Dakota and you will not start pissing rosewater when you get here. If you are coming in for economics and you have no solid quantitative background be prepared to work thrice as hard or boy you are in for one hell of a ride.
I It has been up and down here, I have been robbed, I have been towed in front of a NLders apartment (cost me $300 give a few dollars the week a few bills were due) and I have been in an accident (20th Nov) which was ruled by my insurance company as a 50/50 even though I was hit from the back, I'm getting a lawyer and disputing that verdict and going for therapy as I have been unable to walk winksince the accident.
uh oh! Easy man. I will shoot a mail right away

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alteco007(m): 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello, everyone.. i have been following this trend for a while now, and i must say this forum helped me a lot in getting my f1 visa this morning at the Lagos consulate...

my interview was for 7 00am on friday, December 2nd ..can say it was all by God's grace. Was interviewed by an elderly woman in window 5. Transcript goes thus

me; good morning with a wonderful smile
vo; Good morning, pass your passport please *passed the passport with I-20 as i was given at the intake session*.

vo: what is your higest qualification?
me; Bachelor Degree

vo; In what field?
me; Computer Science. *had to repeat it to her because she said she didnt hear*

vo; why study for an MBA?
me; As industries now grow technically astute, they need technicians with firm grasp on compliance and other business issues. The knowledge and skills from the course will equip for top coveted IT positions. *she was nodding and typing*

vo; did you apply to other schools?
me; yes

vo; name the other
me; Western Michigan University

vo; so, why lincoln University?
me; After lot of research, i learnt lincoln university offers a custom-fit education for a selected few rather than providing a wide range of subjects for a wide range of possible audience coupled with the fact that it is located in California which is like an IT hub and me being an IT person, i can get the knowledge and skills.....*she kept on nodding, smiling while i was talking and as soon as i mentioned skills,she asked something else*

vo; how many siblings do you have, like how many brothers and sisters?
me; 3, 1 brother and 2 sisters

vo; is any already in the US?
me; No

vo; are you the eldest?
me; no

vo and I; the youngest *she was still smiling nodding and typing*

vo; what does your parents do?
me; my dad is a businessman and my mum is ....(vo cuts in)

vo; what kind of business does your father do?
me; he is into manufacturing and distribution of plastics and pipes

vo; where do you plan to stay when you get to the school?
me; the housing provided by the school

vo; did you already made arrangements for that?
me; yes

*puts my passpport in the tray in front of her and pick a white paper*

vo; you will need this for your pick up and best of luck in your studies?
me; Thank you sir...ma *she smiled* and left.

no documents asked. i didn't write any single exam... i did everything with faith and i didn't put all my hope on the visa, so i was very relaxed even in the midst of the denials, i still composed my self, looked straight into her eyes from start to finish.. in all, confidence is the key ,yes i was nervous when i started seeing blue paper from left to right, but i stayed calm, kept on repeating inside myself "i've got this". I spoke my mind.
once again a very big thank you to you all, God bless you all bountifully . i am really grateful. Peace

#13Vse

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sputos(m): 1:31am On Dec 03, 2016
Anyone coming to New Mexico State Spring 2017?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 1:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Hello my good people. Please I need your help...

I've finally decided to go for Mechanical Engineering with concentration in Energy Systems come fall 2017. Using google, I discovered some schools that offer Mechanical engineering with option in energy system....schools like University of Louisiana Lafayette, TAMU, Northern Texas University, university of Alabama Huntsville....is there any chance of securing admission and funding in these schools for my profile?

Please can someone help with more schools that offer mechanical engineering with option in energy system in d us, n possible funding too (very important for me). School ranking isn't a priority, I just need safe schools for asmission and funding...

Below is a summary of my profile:
GRE: 305(Q&V), AW 3.5
CGPA: 3.57/4.00 (conversion by WES). 4.23/5.00
Bachelor: Petroleum Engineering
Intended major: MSc (thesis option) in Mechanical Engineering (concentration in energy systems).
TOEFL: 92. Expired, intend to take another TOEFL soonest.

Please, I'd really appreciate if those experienced gurus in d house could kindly assist with reviewing my SOP. I've written one for one of the schools identified and would appreciate ur pieces of advice n suggestions....

Abeg make una help me with schools where I can get admission and funding with this profile in mechanical engineering. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Cc: all d gurus in d house.

Thank you all....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 03, 2016
seeker88:
Hello my good people. Please I need your help...

I've finally decided to go for Mechanical Engineering with concentration in Energy Systems come fall 2017. Using google, I discovered some schools that offer Mechanical engineering with option in energy system....schools like University of Louisiana Lafayette, TAMU, Northern Texas University, university of Alabama Huntsville....is there any chance of securing admission and funding in these schools for my profile?

Please can someone help with more schools that offer mechanical engineering with option in energy system in d us, n possible funding too (very important for me). School ranking isn't a priority, I just need safe schools for asmission and funding...

Below is a summary of my profile:
GRE: 305(Q&V), AW 3.5
CGPA: 3.57/4.00 (conversion by WES). 4.23/5.00
Bachelor: Petroleum Engineering
Intended major: MSc (thesis option) in Mechanical Engineering (concentration in energy systems).
TOEFL: 92. Expired, intend to take another TOEFL soonest.

Please, I'd really appreciate if those experienced gurus in d house could kindly assist with reviewing my SOP. I've written one for one of the schools identified and would appreciate ur pieces of advice n suggestions....

Abeg make una help me with schools where I can get admission and funding with this profile in mechanical engineering. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Cc: all d gurus in d house.

Thank you all....
Ohio University. Tennessee State University, Nashville. Montana Tech University

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:05am On Dec 03, 2016
seeker88,it won't be bad if you consider rewriting GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 5:08am On Dec 03, 2016
OluDare01:
No time for him again. Faith is what he has left.
If he can write a strong SOP with good refs then good at least for fall 2017.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 5:14am On Dec 03, 2016
slimmy2005:
Thanks slimmy!!! Seeker over to you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:15am On Dec 03, 2016
Toluking10:
@texrem please i need help on how i can pay my sevis fee the western union payment method is not working out in nigeria
how can i contact you please

Email me...shoot me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2016
alteco007:
Visa approved this morning at exactly 7:30am. Want to thank everyone for their contribution. Y'all really helped one way or the other. Shout out to Texrem, Deetus and Meritdee for the mocks and corrections. Really gained from the group. @Meritdee, thanks for the last minute encouragement, hope you wake up to see this as we discussed. Once again, thanks y'all. Transcript to come soon.

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2016
A huge thanks to texrem for helping with my Sevis fee payment...God bless bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 03, 2016
worry359:

The way you are at the moment
Any visa officer would smell your desperation and refuse you.

Best to wait and get thing sorted properly.
Let him do some "woman wrappering" first to cool his brain. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by azeez300: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
Pls am new here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:42am On Dec 03, 2016
azeez300:
Pls am new here.

You are powerfully welcome, happy trending
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2016
Thanks i got it @lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Toluking10: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2016
texrem:

Email me...shoot me a pm
Please am new here and I don't know how the email or pm works @texrem please can u send me ur email address so I can mail u directly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2016
Toluking10:

Please am new here and I don't know how the email or pm works @texrem please can u send me ur email address so I can mail u directly

The whole idea of this forum is that people post questions and answers HERE so that all can learn!

NOT to shoot PM in secret!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2016
Good day nairalander
Lagosismyhome. And the rest gurus I hail ...u guy shudent get mad at me ..I need little conseling ...I'm not despirate as u think ...help me with your experience so I can get out of this only me can fill this ny self with your counselling ...this case is jus like my own ...like I said b4 I graduated from secondary school 2010 and secured a job which i did and after which i was admitted tonstidey civili enginering i got my diploma 2015 and did a 1 uear industrial training ( till present ) how will i fill my form?what will be my primary occupation and previous occupation and please what will be the denial reason ?#Godblessyouall

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2016
Chiezzh:
Good day nairalander
Lagosismyhome. And the rest gurus I hail ...u guy shudent get mad at me ..I need little conseling ...I'm not despirate as u think ...help me with your experience so I can get out of this only me can fill this ny self with your counselling ...this case is jus like my own ...like I said b4 I graduated from secondary school 2010 and secured a job which i did and after which i was admitted tonstidey civili enginering i got my diploma 2015 and did a 1 uear industrial training ( till present ) how will i fill my form?what will be my primary occupation and previous occupation and please what will be the denial reason ?#Godblessyouall

Industrial training as what? What is your job title?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2016
sputos:
Anyone coming to New Mexico State Spring 2017?

I, sir. But na University of New Mexico Sha o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
slimmy2005:
Thank u so much boss....I really appreciate this. I will check those universities out.
Thanks again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
OluDare01:
Yea, rewriting d GRE would have been a good option, but I don't really have time again as I want to meet up with fall 2017 deadlines. Also, my work schedule is so tight now and as such, i wouldn't have good time to really study and improve my scores....so I'd use d little time I have to take TOEFL soon.
I will just try my luck with this profile n hope to be favoured.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. U are blessed boss smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
electronic:

No time for him again. Faith is what he has left.
If he can write a strong SOP with good refs then good at least for fall 2017.

Boss, please would u mind assisting me to review my SOP?

And for d ref, I don't really have control over the LOR from my 2 UG lecturers, I could see only the one from my current boss at my place of workbif I wish to.

Please who again can help in reviewing my SOP?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chiezzh:
Good day nairalander

people are hardly given feedback to why they were denied .....so the real reason is unknown and most likely under 214B section....which is the common denial code...so u either say unknown or 214b . or if u were given any paper what it states

for your occupation. , u best know what u did..
what exactly was your duty or job tittle in all your jobs ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

people are hardly given feedback to why they were denied .....so the real reason is unknown and most likely under 214B section....which is the common denial code...so u either say unknown or 214b . or if u were given any paper what it states

for your occupation. , u best know what u did..
what exactly was your duty or job tittle in all your jobs ?

People are given a paper stating their reason for rejection.
Unfortunately most of the people that post here do not seem to read it!
The V.O. does not have the time to explain every detail to every rejected person, that is what the paper is for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.