Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675207 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GodsLastBorn: 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Thanks to everyone and the gurus on this thread. Pls I have a situation, I applied for F1 last year and was delayed and recently I applied again but there happened to be a terrible mistake (an aunt helped me with the scheduling of appointment but its my fault for not discovering this problem), the bar code on my DS160 is not the same with the one on my appointment which was brought to my attention by one of the guys that stays within the embassy so the guy now edited and printed out a new ds160 comfirmation page for me which I went in with to go and explain to the attendants inside the embassy and showed them the two print outs after which they told me (on wednesday)that I have to wait for two working days before I can reschedule and wrote TB on the first DS-160 print out so I went out and met the guy that printed the second one for me and he told me that he will charge me #20,000 to "update" and "move" my previous profile to my current profile before I can reschedule or I might loose my visa fee. After I went through the paper they gave me on the fourth instruction which I will snap and upload here, I decided to go and research about it. I want to reschedule asap, please help with these questions;
1. What does he mean by updating and moving my previous profile to my current profile? (I asked him to elucidate it for me but he wouldn't )

2. Would there be a problem if I edit and get a new ds-160 bar code which I will use to reschedule an appointment?( I want to edit a new one to ensure there is no atom of mistake or incorrect information then use its bar code to reschedule and stick with it).

3. What steps am I to take?

4. Is there anything like having two or more ds-160 profile?

Any steps or any advice that you gurus here will give me will go a very long way, I need clarification and verification. Thanks to you all for the amazing job and help you all have been rendering here, remain blessed.
Cc: walspring, Deetus, bigfrancis, justwise, lagosismyhome, slimmy2005, msnas, dickoflife.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by spicyella(f): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=Ewedusoup post=51582778

OK. check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
worry359:

People are given a paper stating their reason for rejection.
Unfortunately most of the people that post here do not seem to read it!
The V.O. does not have the time to explain every detail to every rejected person, that is what the paper is for.

Pple in the past told you they dont give specific reason for denying visa yet you always push it that there must be a specific reason.

I will appreciate if you can also apply for a usa visa wherever country you are or google 214b usa embassy denial letter and read the contents from there

#nooffence

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
GodsLastBorn:
Thanks to everyone and the gurus on this thread. Pls I have a situation, I applied for F1 last year and was delayed and recently I applied again but there happened to be a terrible mistake (an aunt helped me with the scheduling of appointment but its my fault for not discovering this problem), the bar code on my DS160 is not the same with the one on my appointment which was brought to my attention by one of the guys that stays within the embassy so the guy now edited and printed out a new ds160 comfirmation page for me which I went in with to go and explain to the attendants inside the embassy and showed them the two print outs after which they told me (on wednesday)that I have to wait for two working days before I can reschedule and wrote TB on the first DS-160 print out so I went out and met the guy that printed the second one for me and he told me that he will charge me #20,000 to "update" and "move" my previous profile to my current profile before I can reschedule or I might loose my visa fee. After I went through the paper they gave me on the fourth instruction which I will snap and upload here, I decided to go and research about it. I want to reschedule asap, please help with these questions;
1. What does he mean by updating and moving my previous profile to my current profile? (I asked him to elucidate it for me but he wouldn't )

2. Would there be a problem if I edit and get a new ds-160 bar code which I will use to reschedule an appointment?( I want to edit a new one to ensure there is no atom of mistake or incorrect information then use its bar code to reschedule and stick with it).

3. What steps am I to take?

4. Is there anything like having two or more ds-160 profile?

Any steps or any advice that you gurus here will give me will go a very long way, I need clarification and verification. Thanks to you all for the amazing job and help you all have been rendering here, remain blessed.
Cc: walspring, Deetus, bigfrancis, justwise, lagosismyhome, slimmy2005, msnas, dickoflife.
its a lie... no need fir the 20k... just go home and retrieve ur application with the ds 160 code u already have and reschedule
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
dickoflife:
its a lie... no need fir the 20k... just go home and retrieve ur application with the ds 160 code u already have and reschedule

hahahhahha. Just imagine that fraud. 20k? But do you think this guy filled his DS-160 himself? Do you think he knows his most recent code? The embassy has warned him against creating another DS-160. I just hope he does the right thing which its actually very simple
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
GodsLastBorn:

how can you do a new Ds 160 ....it clearly states you should not in the attachment and its on bold . just follow the instructions please

dickoflife has summarised what is needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mayflowa:

hahahhahha. Just imagine that fraud. 20k? But do you think this guy filled his DS-160 himself? Do you think he knows his most recent code? The embassy has warned him against creating another DS-160. I just hope he does the right thing which its actually very simple
bros,just tell him what to do please...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
Abeg undergraduates dey get visa? All transcript I'm seeing here is masters, masters, masters!!!!! No one with undergraduate transcript to share? angry shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Oga, they've told you times without number that this is America.Who get time to dey write story on top one stupid paper. Denial is 214b and there are a lot of reasons with that code.
worry359:

People are given a paper stating their reason for rejection.
Unfortunately most of the people that post here do not seem to read it!
The V.O. does not have the time to explain every detail to every rejected person, that is what the paper is for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ORGANIST10: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Your joy can be felt in your post....Congrats, God bless your new journey .

Amen ma'am. Thank you soo much ma'am. Really appreciate what you are doing here. You'll never lack God's guidance concerning your life in Jesus name. Stay blessed!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
spaceshipz:
Abeg undergraduates dey get visa? All transcript I'm seeing here is masters, masters, masters!!!!! No one with undergraduate transcript to share? angry shocked

Your post shows that you didn't read the thread well. Mechanicaleng going for bsc and one other guy going for bsc have forgotten his moniker, got his visa on the 22nd Nov.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
If you want to pay application fee that's not more than $50 let me know. I need naira. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
At what rate pls

slimmy2005:
If you want to pay application fee that's not more than $50 let me know. I need naira. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
OGreene:
At what rate pls

350 is ok

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chiezzh:

I'm not desperate! I already got my self sorted ...I'm filling on my ds 160 all I did....no lies ...I only need sm1 to out me true it..thanks for those that have made comment concerning my post....with your help I will get tru this ....I need guidance

Seems the word patience isn't in your dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hello,

Please, if you have any person bearing AYO, try and tell him/her to hide...Because AYO lama fi sodun!!! Ehn, I have read this thread well and I didn't see anyone apply to Havard, John Hopkins, MIT, Stanford and to mention a few. Where those people with high GRE scores now? make una apply there jawe and make una come gist us about the school jawe

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djPyper: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
slimmy2005:
I wanna pay for a Gre score report $20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

Please, if you have any person bearing AYO, try and tell him/her to hide...Because AYO lama fi sodun!!! Ehn, I have read this thread well and I didn't see anyone apply to Havard, John Hopkins, MIT, Stanford and to mention a few. Where those people with high GRE scores now? make una apply there jawe and make una come gist us about the school jawe

Lol grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by robedolu(f): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
spaceshipz:
sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

John Hopkin very stingy with funding ....their tuition plus living expenses in this exchange rate is ooo-la-la

so lets blame your post on Baba Buhari grin....he has not allowed naija people to come gist us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

There have been a few guys on here...doubt they come on nairaland anymore. If you have an amazing profile, go for it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 3:24am On Dec 04, 2016
Anybody flying with air maroc on the 11th should please send me a PM....Gracias!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sputos(m): 3:34am On Dec 04, 2016
eniolagharxe:
bros,just tell him what to do please...

All he needs to do is retrieve the information on the D-160. he must have been told the correct number they have on record. I had d same issue, retrieve my details, booked another appointment without paying any visa fee.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 7:30am On Dec 04, 2016
Hello house....Pls I will like to ask ....Does Gtb naira master card work in d states ......Though I heard the limit is 100usd a month .....But I kinda want to be sure .....Please a reply is needed urgently...Thanks All
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:38am On Dec 04, 2016
khulthum:
Hello house....Pls I will like to ask ....Does Gtb naira master card work in d states ......Though I heard the limit is 100usd a month .....But I kinda want to be sure .....Please a reply is needed urgently...Thanks All

Yes you're not from the truth. .it works there and the limit is 100usd

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Lashbeat(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2016
Hi guyz I have been following this thread from the back sit for sometime well this thread has really been of impeccable help I me gaining my visa last monday...like play ...like play I dey go study for jand ....ummm...bad..badoo...badest

kkk lemme just sgare my transcript joor;
My appointment was scheduled for 27th of dec by 9.30am at the american embassy in victoria island lagos omo I stay in dolphin estate si close to the embassy but still my parent made me leave the house has early has 6:00am got to the embassy at 6;38....(omo has I dey come down for maruwa my int' passport fell off and I was walking away like a rat sniffing cheese until on guy called me to see my passport lying on the floor God bless that man for me)..k my first advice don't get to the consular office 3hours prior to your time scheduled... it's so tiring mhen...and have your documents ready expecially your sevis fee receipt else you will spend extra cash 2k to print a new one I fell in that trap and that reminds me don't take your phone oo...those guyz are bastards oo 1k to keep your phone abba' and dress well oo cos it speaks a lot about you oo

okay lemme go staight to my transcripts:

*my head was so good ehn.. cool grin(ori ere ni mo gbe ni ojor yhen) God position one old woman infront of me way no fit speak english rara...I had to interpret what the V.o was saying to her which gave me favour self

alright lemme start

All smiling; grin grin[b][/b]I go kill them today

Me: good morning
V.o: good morning can I have your passport
me : passed it to her
V.o: who is sponsoring you
me: my dad and my uncle(still smiling)
V.o: okay why swosu
me: ( I had practiced what to say at this point but bro I forgot all I had to say in this category..ko funny rara #all them winches got me oo just answered anyhow) I choose swosu cos it met the educational standard and I got to know about the university from my councellor at educational usa(pointing upstairs) at this point the v.o raised her hand and waw using me to talk to one of her colleagues for like 2 min leaving to die in fear...after the whole serere she turned to her computer typed some yama yama and faced me and passed me the almighty white paper at tgis point I was deaf mhen did not listen to all she had to say again was just happy...

so my advice to those going to the usa to study and wanna have visa instantly like I did

1. Pray oo...very hard self..my mama and papa and some of my friends prayed ooo..in my case no long discussion or question just had the vwhite paper sharp sharp..if them deny me ehn...I for go wash my head for elegushi.

2.dress like a student..not too shabby and not too much
3. Staple all your documents together and print the original documents oo
4.don't ever go white your phone oo for real except to have 1k to spare
5. Smile with the v.o act like you know the v.o and has been living with him/her
6. Find a way to ad eac( education advising center inshort go there one Wednesday before your date it is free 9am -1pm..you will learn a lot about visa issues) if you say eyec they can never deny you because narh them them initiate am narh...they no go ask for your id card at all

so that it sorry for my story oo just thanking God

Kisses y' all...signed sealed and delivered...lashbeat badest

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2016
Live and direct from muritala Mohammed international airport. Be aware that at this moment travelex is not selling dollars oo.God will help us in this country

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2016
Lashbeat:
Hi guyz I have been following this thread from the back sit for sometime well this thread has really been of impeccable help I me gaining my visa last monday...like play ...like play I dey go study for jand ....ummm...bad..badoo...badest

kkk lemme just sgare my transcript joor;
My appointment was scheduled for 27th of dec by 9.30am at the american embassy in victoria island lagos
**please who knows how I can get cheap flight to the will roger airport usa holla me on 09053594389

Kisses y' all...signed sealed and delivered...lashbeat badest

What's this one saying? LOL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OneDemola: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2016
kenniez26:
Live and direct from muritala Mohammed international airport. Be aware that at this moment travelex is not selling dollars oo.God will help us in this country

Chai, and I'm travelling tomorrow. I was planning on buying through travelex. Disappointing, how much is USD at BDC?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2016
@ 490 still negotiate may b to 480 or 485
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by franki4them(m): 10:54am On Dec 04, 2016
Anybody to enlighten me more FAFSA please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcnepow(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2016
SAMUELS3:

What's this one saying? LOL

over happiness! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.