Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 09, 2016
Greeting everyone,

I've been a silent follower of this thread but I want to ask a question very critical. If you take student educational loan, will it affect your chances of getting visa? I wish to obtain educational loan from an international body for my Masters but I dont know if it will destroy my chances of getting visa.

Your replies will be appreciated, God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 2:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Sorbitalll:
Does anyone know anybody that attends any of the following schools...

University of Utah
University of Notre Dame
University of Tennessee @ knockville
Vanderbilt university

Have an enquiry to make about their PhD programme.
you must be a fan of american college sports cheesy wink so what program are you looking to be admitted for doctorate?! so you can have a scale of preference for better exposure and proper research
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 2:55am On Dec 09, 2016
mekan:

congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 3:03am On Dec 09, 2016
I authoritatively decree, NO denial for anyone going for their interview today in jesus name. Wether you are prepared or not! #GRACE#

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Chidinho10:
Greeting everyone,

I've been a silent follower of this thread but I want to ask a question very critical. If you take student educational loan, will it affect your chances of getting visa? I wish to obtain educational loan from an international body for my Masters but I dont know if it will destroy my chances of getting visa.

Your replies will be appreciated, God bless you all.
It will. Except you have the money already deposited in your account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
It will. Except you have the money already deposited in your account

Oh
What if I have money for the first semester already deposited in my account with some stipends capable of catering for my needs for a year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 09, 2016
amanze15:

you must be a fan of american college sports cheesy wink so what program are you looking to be admitted for doctorate?! so you can have a scale of preference for better exposure and proper research

Ph.D Chemistry...Have already applied to those schools. Just wanna find out what my chances are given my profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amofum(m): 4:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Sorbitalll:
Does anyone know anybody that attends any of the following schools...

University of Utah
University of Notre Dame
University of Tennessee @ knockville
Vanderbilt university

Have an enquiry to make about their PhD programme.

I also need info on uni of Utah PhD program, can somebody please help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iambiola(m): 4:19am On Dec 09, 2016
AMEN!!! I claim It
fregkay:
I authoritatively decree, NO denial for anyone going for their interview today in jesus name. Wether you are prepared or not! #GRACE#

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by zeezahbee(f): 5:00am On Dec 09, 2016
LUCAS,
I am just able to gather my thoughts about your situations. I tried replying your original post but anti spam locked me out.

Anyways, from all indication you have everything going good for you. Is there still something we dont know more than what you told us. You called me about a month ago, crying and i tried to give you all the solution and i later had to tell you to go to nigeria if you think you cant cope. You are a man and this your matter na child play.

From all our conversations, you show yourself to be dependent on people and you have so much put your trust on people and you prefer to live on people's advice. How will someone advice you to be out of status without providing you another means of survival. You knew you are weak at heart and you dont have liver to stay illegal then you could type oridnary letter to get your reinstatement fix.

I hope you can call me if you wish. There is still light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there bro.

Word of advice to others who care to hear: Dont listen to people advice without having your map drawn already because what works for A might not work for Z. If you dont have the mind , dont do it. Some people have been out of status since day 1 and they dont even care. Anerica hustle is not for the weak-hearted.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02am On Dec 09, 2016
gunther6:

Na GEICO I dey use o and Na liability I dey( $137/month) , those thieves quoted more than ($200/month) for full coverage. And baba I fit walk o nothing do me but I must still do therapy just to be sure and I'm fighting that 50/50... Even the police report from the scene blame the guy and I get eye witness

Sorry about the accident. You're paying pretty much for a liability, possibly because of the age of your license. My current 6 month premium for comprehensive with geico is $790.40 for a new 2014 Honda Accord EXL V6, despite the fact that I live in NYC where chances of accident (total) is very high. Try work round your quote. Say you're a grad student and you only commute short distance like 3 days/week from home to school. That might help next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by zeezahbee(f): 5:10am On Dec 09, 2016
gunther6:

Na GEICO I dey use o and Na liability I dey( $137/month) , those thieves quoted more than ($200/month) for full coverage. And baba I fit walk o nothing do me but I must still do therapy just to be sure and I'm fighting that 50/50... Even the police report from the scene blame the guy and I get eye witness
liability at 137/mth is too much ke. Did you do your quote right? A lot of factors lead to arriving at your quote. YOu could also buffer some info. The body style of your car, year you got your license, commuting etc will factor in your quote. I pay 637/ for 6 month for a comprehensive ( full) insurance with geico. if they ask year u first got your license, i said 16 years.

You can try to get a chepa lawyer , you dont have to pay until everything come out suceesful then the lawyer will get paid from what you get back from the insurance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Doyean26: 5:31am On Dec 09, 2016
Visa approved yesterday. I'm a silent follower and this is my first post on nairaland. Thank you all for your various posts and comment on this thread. I'm so grateful to God.
I have had series of interviews with @samuels3, @texrem and my girlfriend. @femi321 also sent some materials to me.

Interview was for 7am and I got there @ about 6:45am. Did the normal routine checks and all, wen I was in the pavilion beside the lagoon, I saw all the VOs coming out of the boat that brought them.

Now am in the embassy and I was asked to do one documentation like that. The woman requested for my passport, I20 and SEVIS fee receipt and so I tot she was a vo and ended up realizing it was just documentation.

Now to the VO @ window 2, she rejected two pple consecutively including the lady before me and the VO wasn't smiling @ all.

Me: Good morning with a happy and smiling face
VO: Good morning with a happier and more captivating smile.
VO: Can I have ur passport and I20
ME: Gave them to her with smile again. She looked @ it and typed for a while.
VO: what's ur highest degree:
ME: Told her a BSC in geology at xxxx university
VO: what year did u graduate
Me: 20xx
VO: so wot have u been doin since then
Me: I've been working with Bleep Nigeria Limited. We are into geology operations (she cuts me short)
VO: I see u av funding:
Me: my brilliance academic performance and professional experience earned me this (she cuts me short)
VO: what does ur father do
ME: he is a quantity surveyor and prepares bill of quantities, tenders and quotations for civil engineers, builders and architects
VO: What does ur mum do
Me: She is a business woman. A cement distributor in south west. She supplies dangote cement is Lagos, Ogun, OSUN and she cuts me short again
VO: Pick ur passport in 2-3 days time and gave me a white paper.

We were both smiling to ourselves through out the interview.

Thank you all on this platform. No question was new to me. I've seen all d question here and I've practiced them consistently.
No document was asked, she didn't ask wot will d degree do for me, why did you choose USA, why did you choose dis course, tell me ur study plan etc.

Pls pple, pray, be confident, speak fluent and
Coherently. Go straight to the answers and always wear a smiling face.

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Doyean26:
Visa approved yesterday. I'm a silent follower and this is my first post on nairaland. Thank you all for your various posts and comment on this thread. I'm so grateful to God.
I have had series of interviews with.
Congrats. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 6:16am On Dec 09, 2016
LUCAS99:
Please nairalanders I am completely lost in the united states. I have lost all I have worked for the past four years this year. From January-December am still on one thing. Life has left me behind and I am on the verge of being homeless. I have been regarded as suicidal and have been taking some medication. I don't know if the medication played any role in messing up my thinking ability. I have lost touch with reality that I no longer understand what is going on in my life. Some days I wake up and I don't know what to do. Friend's have abandoned me. Family is almost tired of me. After all I went through with my aunty that I lived with back in Nigeria that sells purewater. I can't disappoint her. Please if anyone can help and assist me in giving me directions in life I will appreciate
Please Msnas, Ojap, Bigfrancis,imperioux, zeezahbee, slimmy, femi,justwise and other gurus in the house. Please help me out am on my knees begging. My life and destiny is at stake. I can't afford to useless my life. This is a cry for help. I have so many questions begging for answers.

A)is it possible to wake in the morning and don't know what to do and the whole day is gone.
B) Can a medication like lexapro affect my brain

How are you? It seems you would need a professional counselor if the case is complicated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:19am On Dec 09, 2016
First semester done and dusted. Grad school no be beans o. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2016
eniolagharxe:
metro PCS nko?

MetroPCS is good too. No hidden charges like Tmobile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:32am On Dec 09, 2016
OluDare01:
wow, una finsih sharp sharp, congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2016
imperiouxx:

MetroPCS is good too. No hidden charges like Tmobile.
i am on a migration episode with the "family plan" i am with, just left the band wagon of AT&T to join T-mobile, services tight though, maybe i might get a call next week to grab a metropcs sim kit cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2016
dickoflife:
so u still dey here abi?
Any prob?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2016
amanze15:
wow, una finsih sharp sharp, congrats
yes o. It's been a crazy semester baba.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2016
Sorbitalll:

Ph.D Chemistry...Have already applied to those schools. Just wanna find out what my chances are given my profile.

very Good schools, UniofUtah at salt lake city>Vanderbilt university>Notredame>Knoxville> in that order, you must have a choice of where you want cheesy the bigger the chest (British English) the better the research options the smaller the chest the more tedious it is

greater chances of being admitted becomes better if;

1. Your postgraduate degree is reasonably recent (preferably immediate prior year or close, with relevant experience in between). If there was a lengthy break with seemingly unrelated work in between based on what you want to study now, this complicates things.

2. You are applying in the same general discipline as your postgrad/undergrad degree (e.g. Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Psychology).

3.You had good letters of recommendation.

NB PhD admissions are more scrutinized so therefore Communicating through the appropriate administrative channels and only when necessary beyond the formal application process makes you appear confident, and confidence may be perceived as evidence of having other options. In a sense, you want to balance being courteous, excited, and a little reserved at the same time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Doyean26:
I have had series of interviews with @samuels3, @texrem and my girlfriend. @femi321 also sent some materials to me.

Congratulations brother, I told you, you're going to do well and get the visa. Happy for you. God bless your new journey.
Your papa na QS meself I be QS make we relate grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2016
amofum:

I also need info on uni of Utah PhD program, can somebody please help.
that link should do the trick, http://www.chem.utah.edu/ and maybe reach out to Eno Etokidem on giftie96@gmail.com she's a Nigerian studying there, maybe she can be resourceful too.

NB you would be amazed what the internet can do with just little time wink

all the best with that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2016
OluDare01:

yes o. It's been a crazy semester baba.
na you o, where we dey go hustle this christmas, i get unlimited mileage grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Doyean26 post=51761555]Visa approved yesterday. I'm a silent follower and this is my first post on nairaland. Thank you all for your various posts and comment on this thread. I'm so grateful to God.

Congrats dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2016
OluDare01:

Congratulations, enjoy ur holiday bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 7:42am On Dec 09, 2016
Oludare01, won't you come to nigeria for vacation? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2016
Thanks bro
adup:

Congratulations, enjoy ur holiday bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2016
baba i dey start research immediately
amanze15:
na you o, where we dey go hustle this christmas, i get unlimited mileage grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2016
lionlee216:
Oludare01, won't you come to nigeria for vacation? grin grin
I dey come na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ardedaryor(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2016
Doyean26:

Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.