Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670969 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
imperiouxx:

For a New 2014 Honda Accord EXL V6 grin despite the fact that I live in NYC where chances of accident (total) is very high. Try work round your quote. Say you're a grad student and you only commute short distance like 3 days/week from home to school. That might help next time.
Oga imperiouxx!!
I see ur Automobile ooo.....u get taste sha... grin cool
U go carry boys go site seeing from JFK na tongue tongue
Fall2017 whew.... God pass Visa....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
I won't wanna sound harsh but you guys should understand that we are also humans, everyone is busy. I receive tonnes of PMs and I don't reply all. It is even annoying when you reply and the follow up question is "can you please list the affordable cities in US''?, and some ridiculous questions.
AdamaTrump, forget about the past and move on. Work on your reply;you didn't give a genuine reason why you chose that school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
lionlee216:

Yes I have read it on this NL that there is a letter for administrative processing.

Also I wasn't surprised with your first statement, it showed n confirmed what a nairaland troll that you are claiming you know everything about travelling. Pls stick to your cyprus thread where you came from if you have nothing meaningful upstairs to contribute.

Have you ever wondered when you are denied a visa and you ask on this thread what should you put in a session "why were you were denied" when filling ds 160 form, you will be told to write "unable to demonstrate home ties"..

Lastly kindly shut up and read the attachment for your understanding about usa embassy and if still you are not convinced, apply for a visiting visa else I cant help ur case any longer
Leave that guy. He loves papers. Why do we tell those who were denied to post their transcripts. Simple, it's to solve their problems.

Telling them to read those papers is adding more pressure to their problems.

Again, VOs don't tell applicants why their applications were turned down is simply because it's totally against their work ethics.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by beautysky: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Boss, and other seniors on this thread I beg your advice would be appreciated... there was an error on my gtbank receipt print out, my old passport number was reflected on the receipt.... I have not registered for appointment yet......Have you any experience on how to go about such circumstance please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
deWav:
@biikeys

what do you intend to do after graduating..... Get a job, raise money & blend my chemical & proposed CS knowledge to my advantage...

Okay..make sure you have an idea of how you want to do that because you'd have to look for jobs in your field of study for OPT after you graduate. As an international student, you may not have that much freedom with regards to what you want to do at the start. Later on, yes..but not initially in most cases

just stick with CS if you studied that in your UG.... but I didn't

Well then you can go for something else if you want

Btw you'd have to really convince the VO....ya, I know it would be quite difficult considering my UG & masters don't relate. What do you think about the idea of get an admit similar with my UG, then transferring the I-20 to the one with CS admit.

Do you have years of experience in CS with any company? If you do, then just fill in those details in your Ds160 and take that I-20 to an interview. Just be ready for questions about it..and look up interview transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
kenniez26:
................so after the dollar hustle.i got almost 200 dollars as PTA all at 400 naira per dollar. I have to buy suitable charger for myoice than to give me my passport back and I proceeded straight to my boarding gate..............

Complete this thing nah. Dont dull my spirit lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adamatrump: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
OluDare01:
I won't wanna sound harsh but you guys should understand that we are also humans, everyone is busy. I receive tonnes of PMs and I don't reply all. It is even annoying when you reply and the follow up question is "can you please list the affordable cities in US''?, and some ridiculous questions.
AdamaTrump, forget about the past and move on. Work on your reply;you didn't give a genuine reason why you chose that school.

Alright. No offense. I will move on, can we continue via email?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MsNas(f): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
gunther6:

Na GEICO I dey use o and Na liability I dey( $137/month) , those thieves quoted more than ($200/month) for full coverage. And baba I fit walk o nothing do me but I must still do therapy just to be sure and I'm fighting that 50/50... Even the police report from the scene blame the guy and I get eye witness
Geico is supposed to be one of the cheapest insurances, you're paying too much. We pay $890 for 6 months on three cars and two of the cars are 2013 and upwards. And for them to rule it a 50/50, you need to hassle Geico very well, they might budge a bit. since you have an eye witness and police report, fight the claim of 50/50.

Also, try and renegotiate your contract with them if you're thinking of continuing with them after your 6 months is over. Make sure to get a quote online before you go so you can ballpark your eventual quote from them. If possible, team up with someone to buy the insurance together. They also have numerous discounts like Good Driver, Multiple Vehicles, Subclass Categories, School Alumni (you don't even have to show proof that you go to that school, just mention any school to them), Group Insurance Plan, Anti-Theft Vehicle and so on. Dealing with insurance companies (either Vehicle, Dental, Medical or whatever is a pain). They will always find ways to rip you off if they think you're oblivious of their crooked ways (AAA was just ripping us off before we woke up). Pele

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by revenant: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
Does WES Evaluate Transcript from the University of Port Harcourt? I have registered with them and had concluded plans to send my transcripts. Someone was just telling me today that they don't evaluate transcript from uniport and I told him that I didnt see anything as such in thier website. Is it true?
I have sent them a mail in that regard but they have not responde.
Thank You
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adamatrump: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
femi321:
I never got any pm from you, infact this is the first time I am seeing this username.

It's alright. We can still work together. Right now, after God, I need you people like never before. Just sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akin3102(m): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
deWav:
@skitkid2, avoid major cities, and those around lagos if you need it urgently. Scarcity of Back Cover.
sorry I didn't read that your epistle..lol.but bikey is on your matter,so you will be fine. I will just advise you to apply for both CS and chemical engr.use the chemical engr for visa application and transfer to CS course when you arrive in the states.it relieves you of some stress from question that why do you wanna change your major during visa interview..All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulations! Are you going to Wright State? Let me know pls.
aakintobi:
Visa Approved today 7:45am December 9th lagos after reschdeuling from 2nd december as sevis receipt no show up.....
all i first have to say Thank God, its no one but God who as made this happened..i prayered, fasted, vigiled, pastors's blessings...
came the day,
slept over at Beni apartments and suit Victoria Island,
got to embassy 6am for 7:15 appointment.
we did the normal shiborobo grin of queue finger print etc... now interview proper

i stepped forward to the window 7, fine asian american guy, if i be girl, i must collect him digit.

VO: Goood morning
ME: smile give am "e ma kaaro ke"
VO: Passprt please
i pass am
VO: what are you going to do in the United State
Me: going for my masters in technology management "concentration in automotive" at Indiana state university
VO: What was your GRE score?
ME: 140-142
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 2, ISU and wright state university.
VO: Why did you pick this school?
ME: I picked this school as it has a direct course path to my career and it gives me the needed skills to *VO cuts in*

carry white paper gimme and the rest i no hear again as the joy don deaf me straight... i sha know i said " thank you i appreciate the" grin
see ehn na just JESU KRISTI o.... walahi, OBA AWON OBA lo se...not my strenght or what i said..
because someone he attended to 5mins before me was refused, a student, she yan everything but broda no gree.

Please intending visa applicant, please pray very well, fervently, prayer and hard work is the key...
i have been on this usa journey for a year now and this is my first and only interview.

indiana state university here i come..if anyone dey follow that path, abeg hola.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
akin3102:
sorry I didn't read that your epistle..lol.but bikey is on your matter,so you will be fine. I will just advise you to apply for both CS and chemical engr.use the chemical engr for visa application and transfer to CS course when you arrive in the states.it relieves you of some stress from question that why do you wanna change your major during visa interview..All the best!

Is it possible to transfer without attending the school at all? I heard some school want the student to complete 12 or more credit unit before the transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Goodday house , i am trying to pay to UEMS to have my i20 delivered to me using fedex(105 dollars) , but there is no option for paying with credit card from nigeria.
Please for those that have passed this stage kindly assist me on how to pay.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx4: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
texrem:

You omitted robedolu.. grin grin

Thanks for pointing out the omission.

@ robedolu,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx4: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
nifty:

imperiouxx you still dey...remember your days at new mexico...communicated a lil about car biz then

Hey, what's good. NM and car biz, that should be a very long time ago.

I can't really remember our conversations anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
revenant:
Does WES Evaluate Transcript from the University of Port Harcourt? I have registered with them and had concluded plans to send my transcripts. Someone was just telling me today that they don't evaluate transcript from uniport and I told him that I didnt see anything as such in thier website. Is it true?
Thank You
I've seen that inscription ( Note: wes does not evaluate acedemic record from university of port harcourt) on WES on site before but I guess it's been resolved as it's no longer on their site. It's good u sent them a mail for confirmation....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
Interview soonest, need someone to prep me(mock interview). Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by revenant: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
seeker88:

I've seen that inscription ( Note: wes does not evaluate acedemic record from university of port harcourt) on WES on site before but I guess it's been resolved as it's no longer on their site. It's good u sent them a mail for confirmation....

I hope so because I didn't see anything of such in thier website, let it not be that because they have not receive my money, they don't want to start takin. hope they respond to my mail on time, So I know what do. I really prefer the WES, as one of my transcript (not uniport) is already being processed in my formal school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
cheesy
KELVIN086:
Goodday house , i am trying to pay to UEMS to have my i20 delivered to me using fedex(105 dollars) , but there is no option for paying with credit card from nigeria.
Please for those that have passed this stage kindly assist me on how to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Silkmoth33:
cheesy
for ur mind now , u don catch me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx4: 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
LUCAS99:

Please my case is quite complicated. Do you mind if we speak offline. Right now I'm involuntarily committed to the psychiatry hospital as an outpatient.

Give me your number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrJhay: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello Family...hope the day has been good so far. I picked up my visa today at muri okunola, I really thank God. I have some pressing questions
1. Must I inform my school of my flight schedule?
2. My school is in Boston but I will like to visit Texas first for like a week. Can I fly directly to Texas from Nigeria without having issue at POE?
3. Also please, I have been looking for cheap return ticket(my program is 7months that's why I want to buy a return ticket) but the least I found so far is Lufthansa #533k. Can anyone suggest a cheaper price for me please.
Thank you so much for your continuous enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
revenant:
Thank You
Yea they do now. They don't few years back anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Is it possible to transfer without attending the school at all? I heard some school want the student to complete 12 or more credit unit before the transfer.
yes, 100% possible

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2016
slimmy2005:
yes, 100% possible

Good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 2:04am On Dec 10, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
akin3102:
Mr Lucas, I don't know much about your story and I care less as it is sorry ..let me go straight to my point, going back to naija is not an option,so Mr man forget that shit. Listen to some good advice here and get back to track. Ojap and zee just gave you some good hints, you aren't the first student to be out of status, I know one or two peeps who have been in your shoes and there are already in status..calm down,head up,look straight, what do you see?Bright future like Amber light.All the best man!I have not even saved any dime in this country and I dey Para each day as I dey spend my hard earned money I came to this country with.Lol.The fear of uncle Sam is real.
. Hey bruv.. Are you a FUTA graduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 2:06am On Dec 10, 2016
SAMUELS3:

[color=#006600][/color]. Yes it's possible , that's what I did when I got here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 2:11am On Dec 10, 2016
MrJhay:
Hello Family...hope the day has been good so far. I picked up my visa today at muri okunola, I really thank God. I have some pressing questions
1. Must I inform my school of my flight schedule?
2. My school is in Boston but I will like to visit Texas first for like a week. Can I fly directly to Texas from Nigeria without having issue at POE?
3. Also please, I have been looking for cheap return ticket(my program is 7months that's why I want to buy a return ticket) but the least I found so far is Lufthansa #533k. Can anyone suggest a cheaper price for me please.
Thank you so much for your continuous enlightenment.
. Why would you wanna give yourself unnecessary "headache" . Fly directly to that your school so you don't have issues at POE, then travel to anywhere you want once you get in .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:34am On Dec 10, 2016
SAMUELS3:

while it is very possible....some schools are funny and do ask for a deposit or for you to spend a semester first or some other funny rules...although a lot of school do not

so its best to confirm what exactly is that school policy for transfer of Sevis

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 3:13am On Dec 10, 2016
MsNas:

Geico is supposed to be one of the cheapest insurances, you're paying too much. We pay $890 for 6 months on three cars and two of the cars are 2013 and upwards. And for them to rule it a 50/50, you need to hassle Geico very well, they might budge a bit. since you have an eye witness and police report, fight the claim of 50/50.

Also, try and renegotiate your contract with them if you're thinking of continuing with them after your 6 months is over. Make sure to get a quote online before you go so you can ballpark your eventual quote from them. If possible, team up with someone to buy the insurance together. They also have numerous discounts like Good Driver, Multiple Vehicles, Subclass Categories, School Alumni (you don't even have to show proof that you go to that school, just mention any school to them), Group Insurance Plan, Anti-Theft Vehicle and so on. Dealing with insurance companies (either Vehicle, Dental, Medical or whatever is a pain). They will always find ways to rip you off if they think you're oblivious of their crooked ways (AAA was just ripping us off before we woke up). Pele

Nice. I think I will check out Geico. I was thinking Esurance is the cheapest. I am on comprehensive for $98/month. The car is a AWD V6 2008 Lexus IS 250 sedan car. It's kind of a luxury car. The insurance payment depresses me monthly. Hope I cut a better deal with these tips.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.