Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672236 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
vickbigship:
Regards to everyone that come by this,your effort to help, orientate, encourage Everyone that follow this thread worth saying God will immeasurably bless you, just as I have observe that anyone posting for the first time on this thread will add this phrase " I have silently follow this thread " am not left out, but as the wise one like we have on this platform Will say " you don't keep the hand that hurt undercloth" via your information I have successfully Taken the Tofel test though the school I applied to (university of Maine and other 2) waive it,i have file in my Application fee and other required documents except Except my post secondary transcript.

This is the challenge : I included African maritime academy(private school in oyo state) in my Umaine online app, I have the transcript but of course The procedure requires that The transcript should be sent directly by the school attended , I contacted the school at oyo but was told that the new policy For transcript to be sent is to provide all evidence of payment Throughout the 2years program (2010-2012) which I can't provide one because I Didn't document the bankdraft.

What is the implications of Mailing Umaine explaining the constraints of the school(african maritime academy) not Able to send My transcript?

Erudite's what's your Advice please?.

Last bullet :if this or something similar have be addressed previously, I will be so glad if am referred to the page, mind you have made use of the search botton before asking wink

Cc: walspring, Lagosismyhome, Usnobeparadise, Oludare01, justwise,imperiouxx, Deetus,worry357,texrem
Did you apply for Bachelors program or Masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mayflowa:

Yo were making a good point until a saw "nagging". You shouldn't be rude when making your point. What you did was intelligent but you left us with 'sour taste in the mouth' just by your wrong choice of word
I didn't feel that part too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mayflowa:

Yo were making a good point until a saw "nagging". You shouldn't be rude when making your point. What you did was intelligent but you left us with 'sour taste in the mouth' just by your wrong choice of word

You typed what's on my mind ...I was like wtf when I saw "nagging"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
Walspring:

Even in Lagos you can get it same day if there is excess paper availability or less than a week if paper scarce but you get Oga link or pay express money
That's Naija for you.. God will deliver us one day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
ponpon:

This writing thing Don come serious gan ooh. Lmao. I always laugh so hard when I see the whole writing attack, advice and Co. People are different, but overall it's helpful to write well, but writing on nairaland and this thread Don turn herculean task, lmao...

By mafit is legit sir
Lol. Na so we see am o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ardedaryor(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
Check like i have miss out in the top story wink
Congrats to those with approved visa

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mayflowa:

LagosismyHome:

Nagging .........lol . I dropped one comment about the standard process , where did the Nagging come from .
LagosismyHome:

Really when did they open it to Nigerians to use credit or debit card ?......except if that change occurred today

The Known SEVIS process is that Nigerians pay ONLY with any of these 3 methods 1. money order, 2. Western Union Quick Pay or 3.certified check drawn from a U.S. bank ........
@lagosismyhome stop mentioning Nigeria whenever you talk about Sevis, you asked when did they open to Nigerians to use cards to pay online? as if Nigerians are treated different in sevp. Every country is treated equally. And your comments in its entirety cast doubt on what I commented. Point of correction, if someone says anything in this forum, do not first of all dive into casting doubt, u first of all, go through that very thing that is being said. Without doing that and first express your doubts, it annoys the poster.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by vickbigship: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
anaccondac:
Did you apply for Bachelors program or Masters?

Pardon my omission, bachelors program pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
USnobeparadise:

@lagosismyhome stop mentioning Nigeria whenever you talk about Sevis, you asked when did they open to Nigerians to use cards to pay online? as if Nigerians are treated different in sevp. Every country is treated equally. And your comments in its entirety cast doubt on what I commented. Point of correction, if someone says anything in this forum, do not first of all dive into casting doubt, u first of all, go through that very thing that is being said. Without doing that and first express your doubts, it annoys the poster.

Actually Yes i have tried to make the payment online some months ago and could not proceed ... also its stated on the "official website some countries including Nigeria are treated differently. Those are not my words but the official .gov website

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/paying-your-i-901-sevis-fee

If its now open then hey u infom us and we learn ....na fight ..... Not sure why u are you defensive ?..... na u sabi

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
USnobeparadise:

When did you pay with a Nigerian debit card?
I'm curious

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
vickbigship:

Pardon my omission, bachelors program pls
I don't know why schools in Nigeria feel transcripts is a big deal.

You don't need to provide any receipt whatsoever. The school has a database. They should ask the Database Administrator to check if you are owing or not. Period!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
Still asking: anyone in Wright State University here?

Can't believe there's nobody here going to that sch despite the high funding it has plus the fact that there are many Nigerians there!

Okay; anyone who knows anyone (Nigerian) in Wright State University here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
usnobeparadise
lagosismyhome

what do you think about the following?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know one could do it like that"

"I know the payment procedure from Nigeria is different, but I've found a way to circumvent it"

"I meant no disrespect, I just didn't like the way you attacked me."

Any of the following will have put the matter to rest.
Please I value your inputs and I'm sure a lot of others do too. Just put the issue to rest.
Meanwhile, is there anyone in University of Nebraska Lincoln? I wanna make some enquiries.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
neurosci:
Still asking: anyone in Wright State University here?

Can't believe there's nobody here going to that sch despite the high funding it has plus the fact that there are many Nigerians there!

Okay; anyone who knows anyone (Nigerian) in Wright State University here?
Guy,use LinkedIn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Actually Yes i have tried to make the payment online some months ago and could not proceed ... also its clearly stated on the "official website some countries including Nigeria are treated differently. Those are not my words but the official .gov website

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/paying-your-i-901-sevis-fee

If its now open then hey u infom us and we learn ....na fight .... Not sure why u are you defensive ?..... na u sabi

From your Web link, I didn't see countries treated different, could you screen-shot please?

Anyway, my post is not compulsory for everyone. If you like you take it, if you don't, leave it. But I posted it for the best interest of this forum, if it didn't work for me, I couldn't have posted it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
USnobeparadise:

From your Web link, I didn't see countries treated different, could you screen-shot please?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
Who would help me write a compelling statement of purpose... I haf tire.. Too many things to prepare..Toefl... Gre... SOP.. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
OluDare01:
Guy,use LinkedIn

Me I don't understand how that place works o, but may peep there sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
fmsuhgar:
Visa approved 03/01/16 6:30 am

Congrats ..God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lol, that's your best bet if you wanna meet people from any school.
Just create a profile, in the search button, type the name of the school. You will see people you can relate with, drop them a message along with an invite
neurosci:

Me I don't understand how that place works o, but may peep there sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

How do I pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee?

A prospective F or M student with a country of citizenship or country of birth of Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Gambia must pay by money order, Western Union Quick Pay or certified check drawn from a U.S. bank. All other prospective F or M students also have the option to make a credit card payment on FMJfee.com.
The screen shot doesn't stop the fact that I paid mine with debit card and online. Those pages you screen-shot were there, when I paid mine. If you rely on that, even here in America, there's no way you can pay with credit or debit card online, because once you submit the form, the only payment option you would see is money order or check. But when you report to them, they can do sth to your sevis number, and you will be good.

A smart person has known that the procedure that I used to pay mine is worth trying, but A Thomas would be here dragging or nagging like I said before. I will not respond to any post related to this issue again, this is the last time I respond to it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mjksho(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Wow. This school is actually on top of my list. The thing is I want to start applying within a week from now so that I can end all before February 1. Can you please suggest alternatives from your experience and my profile? Thanks a lot for your response.

OluDare01:
mjksho
I am at Tennessee Tech, the truth is my school lost a lot of funding this last semester. As a result of this, my department only admitted a student for spring. Even elect that used to have crazy funding didn't offer any new student assistantship. I don't know if the situation of things would be better next fall but that's the situation of things on ground now. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
USnobeparadise:

The screen shot doesn't stop the fact that I paid mine with debit card and online. Those pages you screen-shot were there, when I paid mine. If you rely on that, even here in Amerr or cA smart person has known that the procedure that I used to pay mine is worth trying, but A Thomas would be here dragging or nagging like I said before. I will not respond to any post related to this issue again, this is the last time I respond to it.
You really need to calm down. No one is arguing /fighting with you. You can simply pass your important information without being aggressive and let people learn from it.
Kindly cut down on your use of word "nagging" because it doesn't even fit into this case and its "so highly" inappropriate.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by expertman(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
hello guys,

been trying to make an appointment on

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?refURL=https%3A%2F%2Fcgifederal.secure.force.com%2F%3Fcountry%3DNigeria tried registering as a new user but its not working.

got yhis error message

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

any one here experiencing same thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
vickbigship:

This is the challenge : I included African maritime academy(private school in oyo state) in my Umaine online app, I have the transcript but of course The procedure requires that The transcript should be sent directly by the school attended , I contacted the school at oyo but was told that the new policy For transcript to be sent is to provide all evidence of payment Throughout the 2years program (2010-2012) which I can't provide one because I Didn't document the bankdraft.

Cc: walspring, Lagosismyhome, Usnobeparadise, Oludare01, justwise,imperiouxx, Deetus,worry357,texrem

How did you contact the school ? ...some naija schools just like gragra for nothing but in some cases a face to face talk can settle some issues

Have u gone to the school admin office ? . Maybe u find time and go there , beg , distrub , pay do anything until they answer u and free u . Since its undegrad maybe u also go with a parent or an elderly adult who they might listen to ...or find a lecturer within d school system that can help using staff power

Also most undergraduate admission u dont have to have a diploma .so maybe u edit ur application and take it out. Blc u can still get admission without that transcript so why stress urself and include it

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bidexluv(f): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hello and good evening
I read this thread a lot alongside the travel to Canada thread.
I do wish to study abroad for my Masters. I have a 2.2 degree and below 3.0.
I sent a mail to a school and this is what I got?

Is it possible?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bidexluv(f): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
PhD directly with 2.2? Though I sent in my GPA in my mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
A guy called yesterday about paying sevis fee and i have been calling you back but your number forwarded to another number..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Bidexluv:
It is written that you can apply for a PhD with your first degree. In US, you don't need to have a Masters degree to apply for a PhD. That being said, applying doesn't guarantee admission either. You still have to go through the process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lahwizzy: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
anaccondac:
It is written that you can apply for a PhD with your first degree. In US, you don't need to have a Masters degree to apply for a PhD. That being said, applying doesn't guarantee admission either. You still have to go through the process.
My TOEFL examination is Jan. 14,please I need help from someone that did his or her own recently....please chat me up on 08136673557
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nothing is impossible depending on different factors and your efforts.
What is the name of the school?
Bidexluv:

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.