Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670954 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:39am On Sep 25, 2016
macsilver:
Damn I took my time to read (almost) every part of this thread (from part 1) and I have this to say; you guys are amazing. I never believed my own turn to ask questions would also come. But please I need this hike favor from anyone here. I recently completed my degree in University of Ilorin (B.A. hons. English ) and I want to further my education by going for my Masters in Internatiinal relations in Texas. I honestly don't know where to start from. Should I apply In the school first before applying for visa?
You need to understand that I am a total learner. I know nothing about this and I need someone to put me through. God bless

There are many like me who need help but don't know how to ask. They just come, read and press 'next'. This thread would definitely help them also! Pls pls pls someone help

If truly you read the parts as you claimed, I don't see you asking the bold question because you would have truly learnt and understood so many things if I am not wrong.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:44am On Sep 25, 2016
macsilver:
Damn I took my time to read (almost) every part of this thread (from part 1) and I have this to say; you guys are amazing. I never believed my own turn to ask questions would also come. But please I need this hike favor from anyone here. I recently completed my degree in University of Ilorin (B.A. hons. English ) and I want to further my education by going for my Masters in Internatiinal relations in Texas. I honestly don't know where to start from. Should I apply In the school first before applying for visa?
You need to understand that I am a total learner. I know nothing about this and I need someone to put me through. God bless

There are many like me who need help but don't know how to ask. They just come, read and press 'next'. This thread would definitely help them also! Pls pls pls someone help

Sorry to say, are you saying you didn't learn anything after taking your precious time to read the parts you claimed to have read? And yet you asked the above question..

Something must be wrong somewhere oooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:46am On Sep 25, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Hello house good morning to you all, just for clarification purpose, is it possible to gain admission and get visa to travel to Troy uni @alaba state and book a flight to NewYork to visit your uncle before resumption..

Sure it's possible and get read to answer questions if possible when you get to NY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:47am On Sep 25, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Also, when one have his i-20 form ready and given sevis no, what are the other things that requires payment aside from visa fee and how much is it?? I am asking this because I have gotten my i-20 form ready, I do hear of ds160 form do they pay for it?, also sevis fee as the name implies requires a fee pls how much is it??
Thanks as you respond!

You don't pay for ds160, I guess the agent is telling you to pay for it..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:48am On Sep 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No offense but i am going to yab you anway so no vex ....so u read from part 1 reach here part 10 and u ask this question in bold ...

This one na F9 style reading ooo. ... wink wink

No mind our people.. gringringrin

Sometimes some people believed we have mumu members on this thread even though we answer some mumu questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:49am On Sep 25, 2016
OluDare01:

You saw what I saw

I didn't ooo gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:52am On Sep 25, 2016
OluDare01:

grin grin grin

That guy post is funny gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:54am On Sep 25, 2016
almeida3:

grin but you are in Amelika na! I heard all of you have guns!
Lol after reading from part 1 ooo! I can't take this

I dreamt about them all having bomb too.. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:55am On Sep 25, 2016
poppywasiu:
Which sch can i apply to covert my HND to BSC in mechanical engineering.

If you do WES conversion it will covert your HND to BSC and you will be able to use it to apply to schools in US but you pay almost $300 or more for the WES evaluation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Hushee:

Thanks so much ma, so is it that they wouldn't be able to offer funding or GA although GRE isn't required for admission?
Please I really need explanation on this cos I'm sumhow confused, I don't really have much for now to consider GRE. I only registered for TOEFL.
Thanks in advance.

There is admission only

There is admission with scholarship or funding

Each school policy differ and before schools grant scholarship or funding, the students must show and send a test score which meet the requirements or cut off mark..

It's up to you and decide your choice and what you want either admission only or both admission with scholarship or funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:03am On Sep 25, 2016
mrsmith11:

I have the option to go for Bsc (6 semesters ) after completion of the 2yrs program

My concern is how to get scholarship to ease the tution fees for the 2yrs program though I have the tution fees but the living expenses for a year is my concern because my acct no carry am

Lemme ask the question below before saying more or posting more...

Do you have your visa already?

If not Are you going for your visa interview with the 2 years program ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Songitto:

Sevis fee is $200, ds 160 is the fee that you will pay at gtbank to book for your visa interview, it should be 53,000kplus now you can go through this link to read more about it http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.html

Exactly!

Visa fee #53,600
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:05am On Sep 25, 2016
Maxphillip:
nice one.....just passing by

Drop something as you are passing by.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:07am On Sep 25, 2016
cseejhay:

you got PM sire...how is life bros?

Pm replied big bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:07am On Sep 25, 2016
elkiddo:
The transcript goes thus.
V. O:good morning
Me: * with a pounding heart* good morning

V. O:pass me your passport and i-20
Me:i did

V. O:*after typing for some seconds* so u are going to troy university
Me: yes I am for an undergraduate degree in computer science.

V. O: how did u hear about the school.
Me:a family friend recommended it to me and I used google.com to get more information about the school

V. O: so did u apply to any other universities
Me: yes I did, Alabama a&m

V. O: but Many US universities offer computer science, why did u apply to all these universities in the same state.
Me: the family friend who recommended the school lives in Alabama and will act as my guardian during my stay

V. O:*types for like 2 minutes* I can see you have been to the US before, was it Alabama you went to
Me: no I went to Durham North Carolina on a family vacation
V. O: *types again* I will be approving your visa u can pick it up at so so and so.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:09am On Sep 25, 2016
Christian129:

Gov Fayose don come again o!! Anyway, see for yourself
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Thank me later!

Lol.. Indeed Gov Fayoae don come again oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2016
Omogirl2016:

Please I don't understand, could you please explain better, tanks @walspring

Check your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:11am On Sep 25, 2016
OluDare01:

Let's give the thanks to God.
Try and contact some profs too. It helps

Nah so..

You are on point

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:13am On Sep 25, 2016
Kenneth10110:
Hello please i want to study a four years course in USA. I have some questions that are bothering me

1)How much is tuition per year for the lowest tuition fee schools in USA

2) Can i work and meet up payment for House rent Electricity bill etc.

3) How much should be my estimated budget

1, each schools tuition differ from each other.

2, it's possible if you rent is below $400

3, budget more than what the school tuition is if you are the flexing type
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:18am On Sep 25, 2016
@sirRiddy

It's been a while, how that side ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:20am On Sep 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If anything its the GRE u for first hustle write and not TOEFL.. i am about to drive now so cant type but hopefully our Nl can throw in some feedback

Drive safely ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:21am On Sep 25, 2016
To all those who sent me pm, sorry for late reply and I have replied you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:22am On Sep 25, 2016
@blossomfarm

I got several pm from you via NL and I replied you so that you can compose and write back to me but yet I still get same pm whenever after I replied your pm..

Check your junk or spam box you will see my reply because it might be there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:28am On Sep 25, 2016
Julius1717:

He is the one sponsoring me okay

Okay and it's good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:29am On Sep 25, 2016
bayocanny:

Happney65 come and interpret for walspring oo grin

It's been a while the guy post here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:30am On Sep 25, 2016
texrem:

I wonder oo...Maybe i will have to come to naija to help some people pay for sevis fee...

Please, If u want me to help you pay for sevis fee, only email me when u re ready...thanks n stop making unnecessary inquiry from me.. undecided undecided undecided

Lol.....

It is well oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:33am On Sep 25, 2016
bayocanny

Buzz me as soon as possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:35am On Sep 25, 2016
OJCITY22:

Please calm down. I believe they are trying to suggest a suitable platform that will not bring regrets. Overlook any part that might seem abusive to you (that is if there is) and concentrate on getting the much needed information to be at the safer side. Jah bless you.

Any show or update from WES yet because next week September is rounding up and October will be here for 31 days..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 25, 2016
walspring
It has been wonderful! How your side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Happney65

Where are thou

I guess you have received ban visa gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:37am On Sep 25, 2016
sirRiddy:
walspring
It has been wonderful! How your side?

Wow!! good to hear..

My side is awesome and doing great

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khafetech: 1:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Do you still have the free GRE or subsidized one?

gunther6:
I promised to give out a free GRE( It has been received by Adazlolly/Priceless200 a travelander) and subsidize 2-3 peoples TOEFL/GRE. The remaining 30% subsidy was booked by some NL'DERS but I keep hearing I need it next month, next year... We do not know what next month or year holds neither are my co-facilitators comfortable with hogging of opportunities, so I am throwing it open, It is strictly on a first come basis and I will not be keeping nor reserving a slot for anyone. I will be contributing to plauses subsidy scheme at the end of the month by Gods grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.