Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674582 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
izzybella007:
Any masters student in food science in the house?please I'm a newbie,I need help smiley
Though I'm not in Food Science, but I've people in the program at Uni of Arkansas. What do you need help with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:
Lagosismyhome, DeeTus, Thank you so much for the encouragement and everything..I was so prepaared for it. It seems like you guys are angels or witches. grin grin I cant thank you enough. The journey of my life wont be complete without mentioning your names

Walspring, and Texrem the wonderful pastors, Thanks for the prayers, it helped and thanks to all NL Family.. All my transcripts both denial and approval will be posted.

VISA APPROVED!! 6.30am appointment, Lagos. Less than 3 mins

To God be the Glory

Congrats to u my buddy of life, am so so happy for you can't wait to read ur transcripts approved ans denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by izzybella007(f): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
happyday:

Though I'm not in Food Science, but I've people in the program at Uni of Arkansas. What do you need help with?

Can I pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by don4ye: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:
Lagosismyhome, DeeTus, Thank you so much for the encouragement and everything..I was so prepaared for it. It seems like you guys are angels or witches. grin grin I cant thank you enough. The journey of my life wont be complete without mentioning your names

Walspring, and Texrem the wonderful pastors, Thanks for the prayers, it helped and thanks to all NL Family.. All my transcripts both denial and approval will be posted.

To God be the Glory

Baba mi i am happy for you ooo.. Congrats oo. See you go help me bring beans, dried cat fish, garri... Tuna go contact u too..i just cant stop dancing at work bro..

My e family good day ooooooo..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alexandersherif: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:

To God be the Glory

waooo...I told u den wen u were denied that God is working on ur success..... now is double blessing..... Yankee visa approved.... more success on d way..... my success on d way too......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Walspring:

Lol.....

It is well oo

I am telling you...some will ask you if you have license to pay for sevis fee...My dear country people..Tuale! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:

To God be the Glory

Congrats bro...Thank God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:

c

To God be the Glory

congrats bros......i key into your testimony!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2016
Congrats lionlee2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by thacokeboy: 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
is there anyone who know any school that gives Summer admission to international students? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
texrem:

I am telling you...some will ask you if you have license to pay for sevis fee...My dear country people..Tuale! grin
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adeyinka09: 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
izzybella007:
Any masters student in food science in the house?please I'm a newbie,I need help smiley
Team fall 2017 msc ...fst
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
izzybella007:

Can I pm you?
Yes ma'am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
lionlee216:

To God be the Glory
Congrats bro! God will complete this good thing he has started.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bukunmmy(m): 12:48am On Sep 27, 2016
lionlee216:

To God be the Glory

Congrats Bro........ Am so so Happy for I can't wait to See U here Boi..... Mind u wen u are coming I need Dry Fish, Garry, Grandnut if possible Yam Flower, Ewedu and Beans Soup like seriously have missed all those food Pls don't forget dis too Jedi and Opa eyin....... Welcome to Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 1:17am On Sep 27, 2016
lionlee216:

To God be the Glory
congrats brother. God bless your new joni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:34am On Sep 27, 2016
texrem:

Lol...

In 2baba voice, You never see anything

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by izzybella007(f): 1:38am On Sep 27, 2016
adeyinka09:

Team fall 2017 msc ...fst
Okay, sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 2:28am On Sep 27, 2016
poppywasiu:
Thanks so much for your replied bros. I want you to clear this issued for me. My Cgp for ND was 3.13 and HND 3.33 can i go for master program directly or which college of engineering u think they can accept HND for masters, because i studied mechanical engineering with years of experience.
Use WES to evaluate your ND & HND transcript. With the evaluation report, you can get admitted to MS program. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by maridrug(m): 6:40am On Sep 27, 2016
fellow NL, I just got to this thread.
I'm keen to getting out to the USA, was once denied F1 in 2013. to Tiffin university OH.
got 3.17/5.0 cgpa in accounting.
I am seeking for a guide to assist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2016
maridrug:
fellow NL, I just got to this thread.
I'm keen to getting out to the USA, was once denied F1 in 2013. to Tiffin university OH.
got 3.17/5.0 cgpa in accounting.
I am seeking for a guide to assist.

If you post your previous visa interview transcript, PeePs in the house would help you analyse t and know how to help out.

Secondly. Have you written GRE and TOEFL?
Can you afford WES evaluation?
What term are you applying for?
You need to try and get GA if possible Or get some form of tuition waiver. Its makes your application look good. Search for schools that easily waive out of state tuition.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2016
Hello,

Anyone in Rochester Institute of Technology, NY here?

Looking forward to chatting with an alumnus/current student.

**cheers**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm actually new to this trend.. im a 300l psychology student in unizik.. sometime March I applied for a B1-B2 visa interview that held on April .. then I was still in my 200l .. but was denied... it was such a brief interview though , I wasn't even asked for my bank statement or even an evidence that I'm a student or hotel reservation and stuffs.. ok my question is this, I've always want to study computer science but you know Nigerian universities, they gave me psychology instead of the course I wanted and I decided to take the opportunity since Jamb is another tough thing as at then.. my uncle as of last week applied for me to come study computer science in the southern Arkansas university.. soon I'll be having my I-20 .. and plus rumor has it that my school is planning a strike break ... so I want to know what and what I should expect, hope my previous refusal won't tell on me getting a visa .. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good morning house,

Anyone applying for International Development Studies or Development Practice for Fall 2017?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Onicemus:
Hi everyone, I'm actually new to this trend.. im a 300l psychology student in unizik.. sometime March I applied for a B1-B2 visa interview that held on April .. then I was still in my 200l .. but was denied... it was such a brief interview though , I wasn't even asked for my bank statement or even an evidence that I'm a student or hotel reservation and stuffs.. ok my question is this, I've always want to study computer science but you know Nigerian universities, they gave me psychology instead of the course I wanted and I decided to take the opportunity since Jamb is another tough thing as at then.. my uncle as of last week applied for me to come study computer science in the southern Arkansas university.. soon I'll be having my I-20 .. and plus rumor has it that my school is planning a strike break ... so I want to know what and what I should expect, hope my previous refusal won't tell on me getting a visa .. thanks
Well, your previous may not affect your chances now if you're ready to get down to business . You also need to pray for your school to go on strike so as to have some cogent reasons you want to go to the United States.

Why Computer Science now? Did you get any form of scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello house,
A quick one, does having a b1b2 visa(without having used it) and applying for f1 visa have any repercussions?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
DeeTus:
Well, your previous may not affect your chances now if you're ready to get down to business . You also need to pray for your school to go on strike so as to have some cogent reasons you want to go to the United States.

No scholarship o... Na the course I wan study sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
DeeTus:

What else bro ? My uncle applied and he said by next month I'll be getting the I-20 from the school, and I should book an appointment latest November.. is there any other thing, I've never done this before .. your candid advice will help .. because when I was denied a visa it was devastating, and the funny part is that he (the VO) didn't even ask for any documents just my passport and where I'm planning to visit and then told me I couldn't get a visa now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Onicemus:

What else bro ? My uncle applied and he said by next month I'll be getting the I-20 from the school, and I should book an appointment latest November.. is there any other thing, I've never done this before .. your candid advice will help .. because when I was denied a visa it was devastating, and the funny part is that he (the VO) didn't even ask for any documents just my passport and where I'm planning to visit and then told me I couldn't get a visa now
Is he the one sponsoring you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
I have been able to reply to all those who sent me emails. Also, those who wanted mock interview should contact me and i will fix you up in my agenda.

Incl:brightly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
I was the first person on the queue,we queued for about 30 minutes before they came a man was at window 6, a lady at window 4 and a lady at window 1. The man at window 6 signalled me to come but the CGI officer told me to wait and told one pregnant woman and her husband to step forward to window 6. he told another woman with her baby going for studies as well to stand behind the couple. he told me to go to window 1 and told a guy behind me to go to window 5 and my friend to go to window .

When i got to window 1, i met the lady that denied me on June 20 and told me to pass my passport only. she checked me passport and entered some "ish" on her pc. I was about telling her i will like to be interviewed by another VO before she told me she interviewed me the other time that i should go to another window for interview.

I smiled and people were seriously looking at m because i was smiling real hard as if my visa has been approved. So i told the CGI officer and he directed to me to another window and i was directly behind my friend. He was given his visa and i was told to step forward

ME: Good Morning ma'am
VO : Good Morning, Pls pass me your passport, she went through it and requested for my i20 only which she looked for about 20secs

VO : I see you are going to University of Bridgeport, Tell me your study plans
ME : I am going to the University of Bridgeport for my masters in Mechanical Engineering. this course will help me in updating myself in area of engineering design, materials engineering and open me to new manufacturing techniques. we have many manufacturing companies in Nigeria such as Coscharis motors, Innoson motors and Honda and this.......... VO cuts me..

VO : hold hold hold hold on.. typing for like 10secs.. what course did you do at your undergraduate
ME :I studied Agricultural Engineering

VO : Why did you change to Mechanical Engineering
ME : Agricultural Engineering is very wide and as a section that deals with machine design which relates to mechanical engineering, so both engineering overlap. my work experience has been in that overlap for example where i currently work, I am part of a team that design machine parts before manufacturing.

VO : where do you work
ME : I work with a small manufacturing company at the school i graduated, i design machine parts before manufacturing

VO : Inside your school
ME : No, No No! Outside the school premises

VO : How much do you earn
ME : It is just a voluntary work so as to gain more experience before my masters program

VO : tell me the courses you will be doing
ME : Computer aided engineering design, machine design, mechanics of machine, strenghth of materials, machine repairs and maintenance

VO : Who is paying for this
ME : My dad

VO : I see a $3000, is it a scholarship or academic merit?
ME : It was an academic merit based on my undergraduate academic performance. I had a 4.05 out of 5.00 CGPA

VO : Tell me about this school, how you came about them and what they have to offer you
ME : I choose this school because of their excellent qualities like technological skills and facilities like the process developing centre, machine structure and composite centre available to students. also the school focused on training students much more on machine design projects as i would love to be a practical and competent Engineer when..........VO cuts me..

VO: take this i20 back, she types for like 20 secs, pick your visa at DHL at VI, the i20 is important at POE, have a wonderful trip and thank you for coming
ME : was just nodding and with straight face, immediately i collected the white paper, I smileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.