Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) (44056 Views)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by obstead200(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
officialgeorge:
.omo dis story is not straight.. .i smell lies ...it does not jux connect...dey cant jux detain u fr no reason..dy must have found sometin implicating on u sir
I also agree with u. Europeans may be racists but they don't joke with human rights on there own soil. They are usually very just and fair in their dealings.

If it was Asia, then it is entirely possible to be victimised for nothing

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by adekayo1234(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
Eeya.... Touching story
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Sayelabola(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
amuokuko:
Hmm..

Sh1t happens...
I just pray that ur friend did not set u up..

Or

After showing urself in ur village, ur kinsmen visited Arusi apiriapi on ur behalf..

Same thought ran through my mind from the onset.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by adebowales: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
amuokuko:

Nna gi onye iberibe...
lolz u guys re crazy,una don turn this issue to war
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by 4nobody4every1: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
gabbytabby:
I am not sure you can be a Spanish resident and go to Switzerland to claim benefit.

Never sign something you do not understand. Those interpreters can be something else they have been known to say things that are untrue and guaranteed to get people deported.

The excerpts l quoted below is where his problem came from, the Swiss immigration have already red- flagged him in there system during his previous visit, and for them to see him again coming, they dont believe his stories , that was why they treated him harshly

“In 2014, I lost my job and went to Switzerland to solicit for social benefits, which is not a crime. After five months of application, they denied me, saying that I could only apply for that in Spain where I came from. I didn’t argue with them. I left the country. I didn’t fight with anyone and I have never been a terrorist suspect.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by chekasforchekas: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Some immigration officers at the port of entry are crazy sometimes, my friend was arrested and detained for 10 days because his school did not pick call when they where called.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Abaje195(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
amuokuko:

If I say u lack brain, e go be like say nah curse..

Now that u ve checked name, ve u gained any brain

Onye Uwa Mmebi...
cheesy
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by pedrilo: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
some are already calling him a criminal.
my God!
we dont value ourselves yet expect others to value us!
nonsense people
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by almujeebe(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
Something is not clear in this story. He said he signed twice without understand the contents of document he signed.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by delishpot: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Unfortunately, Nigerian govt will not fight for him. The only way he can seek redress is if any of his trustworthy friends in Spain would help him get in touch with a humanitarian worker in Spain who specializes in handling immigrant cases.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by kingdenny(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Travelling was a wrong move, he should have waited till he had attained his citizenship in Spain. He would live to regret that move for the rest of his life.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by xreal: 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
no place like home
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by cosade(m): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
tearoses:

I think this is where the issue lies
Something he must have said/done/written on his application did not sit well with the Swiss authorities and when he came back again, they grabbed him
His treatment was inhumane though, and that needs to be addressed even if they were going to deport him, they should have treated him fairly. He is a human being

There are too many holes in his story.

It is cheaper and logical for the Swiss Government to send him back to Spain than to deport him to Nigeria. So there is much more to it.

Why didn't he call his friend or office on phone, for help when he ran into problem in Switzerland? If he did, they probably knew the implication of what he did and left him to carry his cross.

3 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by jneutron4000: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Islie:

http://punchng.com/man-drugged-dumped-nigeria-two-months-swiss-jail/

there is more to it. I have a friend with similar case but he was taking a an accommodation system called "sleeping " Maybe your friend is into hard drugs or something. Also getting your gadgets most have reviewed some stuff about you. Swiss not an EU member and they are very crazy
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by juman(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
Unfortunately our country (nigeria) is not a real country.

A destroyed country.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
If all he said is true, may God punish those who maltreated him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by lurdkriss: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
I nearly slaped one oyibo man on my steet,d fool parked on d road and felt. Like no one couldtouch him,after I jacked his shirt and nearly brought himdown,he started telling me how he has lived in lagos for so many yrs,as if dat one concern me,the olosho he came to see had to advice him to leave the road,I don't have anyh issues with theem o,so long dey behave well...things u can't do over ther in their country,they come here and do it without fear,cus dey know our foolish police men will always be there to side them...rubish...
I blame our government sha,if everything Dey ok For naija watin dis youngman wan go find for switzerlannd or spain..

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by CioAngels(f): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Islie:

Mr ekpedeme king, what a shame, a very big shame to you. How can you sit in your office and conclude he is illegal immigrant without bothering to investigate. Anyway, i have forgotten that Nigerians in position of authority play god. Nigerian foreign office workers never have solutions to citizens problems becos the knowledge to handle issues are not there. May His grace see you through ugochukwu becos you are your own. Nigerian government is always afraid to talk to foreign governments as regards her citizens.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
VolTOxic:
There's more to his tale than it meets the eye.
what happened to his friend?......why didn't he (friend) file a missing person report?....I feel bad for the guy sha but I doubt if he is telling d whole truth....First he said his Spanish visa allows him to visit Switzerland n live for three months without working, then he said he visited n stayed for five months looking for work

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by silvernus0: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
amuokuko:
Hmm..

Sh1t happens...
I just pray that ur friend did not set u up..

Or

After showing urself in ur village, ur kinsmen visited Arusi apiriapi on ur behalf..

seriously if u had a deal with a friend ? some one may have set u up
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
This story reeks of lies. I am sure he went to develop Switzerland and was jailed for 3 months maybe due the small quantity of development materials then deported afterwards to Nigeria since that was the only valid travel document after his release.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Bandeco(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Quincyolarks:
I thought the swiss arent part of the EU ?
Ehen? How does it connect to the story..? Did you see anywhere in the write where it is asserted that Switzerland is a EU member state.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Ihavespoken: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Don't trust an Oyibo, they used delay tactics on you while arranging the next available seat for your deportation and lured you into signing a document.

The Spanish embassy could have let you back to Spain via Nigeria had it been ur residence permit was still valid. Losing 13 years life history in a developed nation is huge and you should try as fast as possible to get back into the system so that you don't lose to right to Spanish citizenship.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Ssalk: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
I know white people can be mean to blacks sometimes but this story is a big lie. I have been so Switzerland several times and stayed there briefly. That country don't behave that way but If you are found with banned substances then you expect what this man just experience.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by nwoye72: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=amuokuko post=48444465][/quote]maybe he has been doing illegal biz at d first time he visited switz because of d economical situation going on in spain.and finally escaped back to spain.and never knew they have his info in d list.this is what most nigerian s living in spain and italy does in other countries they go because they are aloud to spend three months
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by planetx: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
This man must think Switzerland is like Nigeria where there are no comprehensive data management. You came into a country you don't live in to claim social benefits after loosing your job in another country, and you overstayed by two months spending five months instead of three allowed by law and you are now crying wondering why they grabbed you when you showed up again.

I know somebody who was denied entry into the UK because they abused the free health program in a previous visit years back and she was bounced back to Nigeria when she visited again.

3 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Perfecttouch(m): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
amuokuko:

If I say u lack brain, e go be like say nah curse..

Now that u ve checked name, ve u gained any brain

Onye Uwa Mmebi...
am a Yoruba guy and I can tell you that guy is a senseless fool.why check name on a thread like this? This is not a matter of tribe,it is a matter affecting a nigerian. This story sends cold chill down my spine if true. What sort of treatment is this?
Have made this my resolution,
I can only travel to these oversea countries for pleasure, or business.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by ANAKONDA: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Too sweet a story to be true. But even from what he volunteered, he roped himself.
He claimed seeking social benefits in a country other than your country of residence as a non-citizen of a european country is not a crime. Thats a big lie.
At his first attempt he was made to wait for five months. In the interim, what did/or was he doing brcause according to him, a visit of more than three months is not allowed by law.
It occurs to me that for him to say he neither abuse, fight nor argue with anything when he was denied after five months' wait seems to point to a heated altercation between him and the officials. They may even have warned him never to come back to their country again.
He didn't say whether he informed his friend he was coming to visit. If he did, one expects him to have informed the friend of his expected time of arrival. In other words, the friend would've gotten curious and made attempt to reach him when he failed to show up. According to his story, his friend was oblivious of his predicament. Doesn't sound tidy enough.
On the other hand, if he didn't inform his friend, then he was unto something shady.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Sirbun: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
This is a typical Swiss Story , they hate Nigerians without end. I lived in this Country for years and See how the maltreated nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by olagold79: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
From my little understanding, having resided in Europe for a while. I think 2 things might be wrong.Firstly, U cannot enter Switzerland just becausru have a EU resident permit. The country is not in the EU and not Schengen state. U cant even enter the UK (even before brexit) without a visa deapite been a memeber of the EU.How can you live in Europe for 13years n not know this.
Secondly, how can you reside in spain ,work n pay taxes in spain and then "solicit" for benfits in Switszerland.If he's telling the truth thwn he dug his own grave. It goes to say that even hia first entry was illegal n instaed of staying quitee he went ahead to lobby for benefits.Anyone who knosws anything about Europe knows u don't travwl close to expiry of ur permit

2 Likes

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by SafeAlhaji(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
Islie:

Sorry bro i can see the suffering through that your nose. May God help you out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) / Nasarawa Pastor Survives Terrible Accident On His Way To His Hometown (Photos) / Passengers Going To Warri From Lagos Found Themselves In Ibadan, Driver Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.