Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) (4042 Views)

Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets / What To Know Before Buying That Solar Panel / Electronic Copies Of Your Children’s Favourite Story-books Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
So I saw this and felt it's nice to share so that parents can take close watch on what your kids read. Homosexuality is been promoted in the weirdest way

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by micfoley: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
What's the title of this book? Shocking

7 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by seedorfy134(m): 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
End time

1 Like

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by ruggedadventure(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by dnwabz: 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
PARENTS BEWARE!!!!!!

THIS SHOULD BE ON FP PLZZZZZZ!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by paschal47(m): 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Jesus! the author of that book should be killed.

so kworuppting
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by jaymejate: 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
[size=13pt]My people, i think it's high time the education system brought back our dear ALI and SIMBI goes to school[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Edwardhead(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
went viral... so pathetic
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Topestbilly(m): 12:11am On Aug 14, 2016
shocked
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Nawa oh! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by JustHere2Observ(f): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2016
This is not even homosexual it is pedophile. Such as a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by KevMitnick: 12:52am On Aug 14, 2016
The Brainwashing has been going on for decades now. This is just a book, what about what they see on TV?
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Strawman: 12:57am On Aug 14, 2016
WHAT THE HELL

1 Like

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by lilmax(m): 6:07am On Aug 14, 2016
they are still trying to force it undecided
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Onegai(f): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2016
But why are Nigerians not intelligent? That book is most likely used to teach kids AGAINST paedophilia and how it can come from trusted adults. Same way "No Don't Touch Me There" exists but is not as explicit as this.

But why are people just unintelligent and incapable of using the little brains God gave them?

https://www.amazon.com/Alfies-Home-Richard-Cohen/dp/0963705806

There, quick Google search yielded up results. It is written by a therapist who believes Homosexuality is caused by Child Abuse and can be cured. People in the U.S. don't like it because it is against Homosexuality.

You're welcome.

Ps: please all posters above me, don't modify your comments to cover up like you used your reasoning and logic. Leave it as is.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2016
Onegai:
But why are Nigerians not intelligent? That book is most likely used to teach kids AGAINST paedophilia and how it can come from trusted adults. Same way "No Don't Touch Me There" exists but is not as explicit as this.

But why are people just unintelligent and incapable of using the little brains God gave them?

There, quick Google search yielded up results. It is written by a therapist who believes Homosexuality is caused by Child Abuse and can be cured. People in the U.S. don't like it because it is againat Homosexuality.

You're welcome.

Ps: please all posters above me, don't modify your comments to cover up like you used your reasoning and logic. Leave it as is.

Can u seat tight and go through this your writeup again and imagine how silly it sounds? This story book is basicly for little kids. Kids read story books to learn and as well try whatsoever they read with there friends. They posted an uncle on the bed with a little boy and the autor said 'touch me in certain places and it felt good' and you still believe we Nigerians are unintelligent because the book was actually promoting awareness against pedophiles?

How many little kids brains can actually understand this you posted that it 'helps' instead of condemnation. When this kid go through this story book without the guidance of elders they would also want to try that 'thing' that felt good while the boy was in bed with the uncle! Yes I know the title of the book and I know all the stories behind it but that up there when a boy is allowed under a blanket with the uncle that felt good should never be added into the book because kids are naturally inquisitive and would want to try it too.. one of the kids might come to school and say. ' did you read so so so book' 'did your uncle try that thing with you' 'it was actually sweet and you can try it too'

You actually want kids to understand that book is an awareness instead of corrupting kids?

It was actually very very silly of you been so insultive in calling me 'unintelligent' I believe you don't have kid yet because if you do you won't result to this solution after deeds have been done kind of condemnation. Thanks for the insults and God bless you.

N:B Parents watch what your kids read please, Na One of them be this O

24 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Onegai(f): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2016
Try and understand first before and get the whole picture. The book is explicit because it is targeting a society that is explicit. Pretty sure it's also not for very young children. And the average Nigerian parent usually just buys a book (if they bother), throws it at their child and runs out the door, murmuring something about "money, job, owambe, church, mosque",etc. So they're not even going to be reading to their child, they will leave Housegirl or Davido, Wizkid and Tonto Dike to do the parenting for them. I even got the pictures from the same blog as the original poster.

Now, when is the book targeting Nigeria's general lack of Reasoning Skills, Hypocrisy and Fear-mongering going to come out? grin

5 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2016
Onegai:

There, quick Google search yielded up results. It is written by a therapist who believes Homosexuality is caused by Child Abuse and can be cured. People in the U.S. don't like it because it is againat Homosexuality.

You're welcome.

the bolded is unnecessary. All in a bid to make yourself feel better and superior.

The fact that you already know the full book and it's title doesn't mean they lack reasoning or logic.

the only person that should be attacked is the OP, for uploading just one page of the book and spreading misinformation.

That said, The way the writer of the book is conveying the message is not proper and can be misunderstood by kids. Did they have to include the images

14 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2016
I never said anything incriminating here, my post was against the words used in the book! Asked me to touch him in certain places and 'it felt good' that's my issue, that shouldn't be added, even if you must explain your claims it shouldn't be in an insultive ways in dialogue

Let me inform you about something, this is Africa and naturally we don't need story books to even enlighten kids about paedophiles

Am just way informed that touching parts shouldn't have been included in the books and there are better ways to intrument conclusive dialogues than insult

But naturally I would love to teach my kids naturally about how weird paedophiles are and not have to read in the midst of kids and allow the crazy inquisitive ones give them the let's try it advise[color=#000099][/color]

4 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2016
Joavid:

the bolded is unnecessary. All in a bid to make yourself feel better and superior.

The fact that you already know the full book and it's title doesn't mean they lack reasoning or logic.

the only person that should be attacked is the OP, for uploading just one page of the book and spreading misinformation.

That said, The way the writer of the book is conveying the message is not proper and can be misunderstood by kids. Did they have to include the images

Why should I be attacked? The posts about 'touch me in some places and it felt good in a kids story book isn't that the weirdest thing to think your kids can read'

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Onegai(f): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2016
Joavid:

Lol. But I didn't know the whole book. I merely realised that logically, no publisher will be allowed to publish a book that encourages Paedophilia. Simple Reasoning. It starts with "Here is a page from a book that is targeted at children. But this page makes no sense because it would be illegal to publish and sell this. So clearly, for it to be published, it must be against Paedophilia. Now, how about I find some proof that my assumption is the correct one? I'll go online, type in Google some keywords from the passage I saw 'Uncle Peter, Children Book, Child abuse'." And there it all was.
That's how Reasoning and Logic works. And that is how people are supposed use their brains grin yeah I feel good that I use mine, but I don't need NL to make that clear to me. Try flexing those mental muscles!

Balash, on Nairaland's Frontpage, yesterday alone there were like 3 threads all reporting how children below the age of 10 were molested (apparently there was one that a 3 year old bled to death after being raped). Saying "This is Africa, we don't need to tell our kids anything" is burying your head in the sand like an ostrich and thinking that if you don't look at the problem, it will go away. Now, this book is explicit for Nigeria's "standards" but there are books targeting this problem, written by Nigerians (Africans) which are meant for even younger children (I have a copy and my child is not even 2. See, you also erred by assuming I wasn't a parent). My grouse was that you didn't quite look up the whole issue and you judged based on something that is of no bearing to you (that is their society, this is our society). But please, don't ever say "This is Africa, we don't need such here", because even in NL, there is ample evidence that we have a huge problem with Child Abuse in Nigeria. smiley

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by EfemenaXY: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2016
Onegai is very much on point here.

The problem with most thread starters is they post half-truths / incomplete stories just to ramp up blind rage from readers. The title of the thread is deliberately misleading too.

Once again, it's about asking one's self: what is the thread starter really trying to achieve here? and applying logic before jumping to conclusions.

Kudos, Onegai.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Onegai is very much on point here.

The problem with most thread starters is they post half-truths / incomplete stories just to ramp up blind rage from readers. The title of the thread is deliberately misleading too.

Once again, it's about asking one's self: what is the thread starter really trying to achieve here? and applying logic before jumping to conclusions.

Kudos, Onegai.

Did you check my topic at all? 'Check through story book before buying for kids' doesn't that mean anything to you?

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2016
Onegai:

Lol. But I didn't know the whole book. I merely realised that logically, no publisher will be allowed to publish a book that encourages Paedophilia. Simple Reasoning. It starts with "Here is a page from a book that is targeted at children. But this page makes no sense because it would be illegal to publish and sell this. So clearly, for it to be published, it must be against Paedophilia. Now, how about I find some proof that my assumption is the correct one? I'll go online, type in Google some keywords from the passage I saw 'Uncle Peter, Children Book, Child abuse'." And there it all was.
That's how Reasoning and Logic works. And that is how people are supposed use their brains grin yeah I feel good that I use mine, but I don't need NL to make that clear to me. Try flexing those mental muscles!

Balash, on Nairaland's Frontpage, yesterday alone there were like 3 threads all reporting how children below the age of 10 were molested (apparently there was one that a 3 year old bled to death after being raped). Saying "This is Africa, we don't need to tell our kids anything" is burying your head in the sand like an ostrich and thinking that if you don't look at the problem, it will go away. Now, this book is explicit for Nigeria's "standards" but there are books targeting this problem, written by Nigerians (Africans) which are meant for even younger children (I have a copy and my child is not even 2. See, you also erred by assuming I wasn't a parent). My grouse was that you didn't quite look up the whole issue and you judged based on something that is of no bearing to you (that is their society, this is our society). But please, don't ever say "This is Africa, we don't need such here", because even in NL, there is ample evidence that we have a huge problem with Child Abuse in Nigeria. smiley

Babe my problem with you started with your insultive claims, you don't know me from anywhere so you have no rights to just call me names. It's immature approach in relating to someone you don't know

My submission was very simple 'Go through story book before buying for kids'

Is this too much for you to understand, cultural practices aside, people get books from abroad and bring it down here for kids to just read at home, imagine kids going through all this alone at home?

8 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by cococandy(f): 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
balash:

Did you check my topic at all? 'Check through story book before buying for kids' doesn't that mean anything to you?

You were trying to demonize the book when instead you should be encouraging parents to look it up and buy it for their kids.

You were telling outright lies. That the book is encouraging homosexuality when the fact is that it's helping to educate kids against pedophilia.

You were sensationalizing a healthy topic because of blind homophobia. Your first instinct was to rush and open a condemnation thread without applying reason. Like asking why would a normal person publish a book to teach kids how to engage in sexual acts with adults? You didn't stop to think, you just assumed that's it was.

Should I go on?

10 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by cococandy(f): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Child abuse is so rampant that any sane person should not question the necessity of teaching kids (no matter how young) how to react when an adult tries to touch them inappropriately. Such teaching methods may include videos, books (like this one) or words of mouth only. But the importance of such lessons can not be over emphasized. If you guys like, keep hiding behind prudish avoidance of sexual topics until all your kids are ruined. I'm sure if I go on front page now, before I'm halfway down, I'll see two topics about molested kids sitting there with no one thinking of a solution except "castrate the bastard".

But how are going help your kids at least minimize chances of being molested if you avoid sexual topics with them

6 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
cococandy:

You were trying to demonize the book when it seats you should be encouraging parents to look it up and buy it for their kids.

You were telling outright lies. That the book is encouraging homosexuality when the fact is that it's helping to educate kids against pedophilia.

You were sensationalizing a healthy topic because of blind homophobia. Your first instinct was to rush and open a condemnation thread without applying reason. Like asking why would a normal person publish a book to teach kids how to engage in sexual acts with adults? You don't stop to think, you just assumed that's it was.

Should I go on?

cheesy grin
. Instead of apologizing but like a typical Nigerian he is, he is trying to wiggle outta the problem.

I don't know what his purpose is? Just copied one page of the book and left the rest.
And his followers got no question but swallowed the whole bull crap angry grin
When I say 98% of nairalanders are mentally challenged I mean it . Instead of thanking onagie for the correction, they said she is posing about her intellectual prowess. Tomorrow they will say she won't get married with the attitude ..she is not humble grin
I don tire for them.

8 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
cococandy:

You were trying to demonize the book when it seats you should be encouraging parents to look it up and buy it for their kids.

You were sensationalizing a healthy topic because of blind homophobia. Your first instinct was to rush and open a condemnation thread without applying reason. Like asking why would a normal person publish a book to teach kids how to engage in sexual acts with adults? You don't stop to think, you just assumed that's it was.

Should I go on?

Lol be right back 4u
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
Chillisauce:

cheesy grin
. Instead of apologizing but like a typical Nigerian he is, he is trying to wiggle outta the problem.

I don't know what his purpose is? Just copied one page of the book and left the rest.
And his followers got no question but swallowed the whole bull crap angry grin
When I say 98% of nairalanders are mentally challenged I mean it . Instead of thanking onagie for the correction, they said she is posing about her intellectual prowess. Tomorrow they will say she won't get married with the attitude ..she is not humble grin
I don tire for them.

I don't have response for you
Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by balash(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
To the Ladies with the forming too brilliant peace sorta comments

I don't have any problem with whatsoever the book is about or what it's promoting but I will never encourage my little kid going through a story book which wants them to even be under a blanket with the picture of a close uncle they love so much

And talking about where they want them to touch and how much it feels good? Let me teach my kid not to even be close enough to be on bed with a close uncle and be touched at all

I never said anything bad about what the book portrays or not!! It was very simple, go through a book before you allow your kids do same

The rate in which this kids are so exposed to little things you believe adding 'been under the blanket with a close uncle and touching private parts and it felt good' should be added into a story book and you believe they won't wanna try that? How many of the kids would finish the book and not saying regardless of what the book says, they said touching private parts feels good shouldn't be tried.

I don't understand where your blood is rushing against my topic which was clear 'Go through story book before kids reading' I never condemned the book I only wasn't pleased with that private parts touching side of it and if you can't understand that there's nothing I can do.

Don't unleash buhari's anger on me.

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by cococandy(f): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
balash:
To the Ladies with the forming too brilliant peace sorta comments

I don't have any problem with whatsoever the book is about or what it's promoting but I will never encourage my little kid going through a story book which wants them to even be under a blanket with the picture of a close uncle they love so much
lmao. The book wants them to be? Comprehension issue my friend.

And talking about where they want them to touch and how much it feels good? Let me teach my kid not to even be close enough to be on bed with a close uncle and be touched at all

Duh. Is that not the whole point of the book, for them to recognize such situations and run away from it?

I never said anything bad about what the book portrays or not!! It was very simple, go through a book before you allow your kids do same
liar. Am I the one who said "homosexuality is being promoted in the weirdest way"? Your comment is still up there and you're already doing a 360 degree turn about.

The rate in which this kids are so exposed to little things you believe adding 'been under the blanket with a close uncle and touching private parts and it felt good' should be added into a story book and you believe they won't wanna try that? How many of the kids would finish the book and not saying regardless of what the book says, they said touching private parts feels good shouldn't be tried.

I don't understand where your blood is rushing against my topic which was clear 'Go through story book before kids reading' I never condemned the book I only wasn't pleased with that private parts touching side of it and if you can't understand that there's nothing I can do.

Don't unleash buhari's anger on me.
Lame.

Summary is that Your paranoia over homosexuality led you to abandon common sense before creating this thread. Just back up and admit your mistake.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) by bennyrazz: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
what a wuss undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Woman Posted About Her House Maid (photo) / How I Spend Saturdays As A Super Dad. PHOTOS. / You Barged In & Caught Your Brother On Top Of Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.