Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff (881 Views)

Inside Saraki’s ‘secret’ Meeting With Sheriff / PDP Governors At Peace Meeting With Sheriff (photo) / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by LORDOFTHEOSU: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2016
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governors, yesterday, told the Board, of Trustees, BoT, of the party of their frustration in getting the erstwhile National Chairman of the party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, to be on the same page with the rest of the party. The PDP governors had descended on Abuja on Thursday to find a way out of the logjam following the frustration of the Prof. Jerry Gana-led Reconciliation Committee but were said to have vowed to go ahead with the Port-Harcourt convention scheduled for Wednesday irrespective of the alleged antics of Sheriff. At the Abuja meeting were Governors Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo, Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti, Darius Ishaku of Taraba, Nyesom Wike of Rivers and Ibrahim Dakwambo of Gombe who hosted his colleagues with the BoT members at the Gombe Governors Lodge. The BoT led by its Chairman, Senator Walid Jibrin, had Senator Ibrahim Mantu, a former Deputy President of the Senate, in his team.

The governors, it was claimed, took strong offense at Sheriff’s condition for peace, including the postponement of the convention by one month and that he should be allowed to handover to the next National Chairman. “Postponing the convention is no doubt a trap from Sheriff because, by the end of August 20, 2016, the Makarfi Caretaker Committee will cease to exist, thus creating a vacuum, which Sheriff and his external backers are hoping to capitalize on,” a source said. The PDP governors had, at a meeting hosted by Mimiko at the Ondo State Governor’s Lodge on Thursday night, resolved to meet with Sherrif to formally engage him, prompting the meeting of Friday with Sheriff that ended yesterday morning. Sheriff had listed his conditions for peace to include shifting of the convention from next Wednesday, August 17, to a later date, change of the convention venue from Port Harcourt to Abuja, removal of Governor Wike as the Convention Committee Chairman, among others.

The demand for the postponement of the convention was said to have enraged Fayose who was quoted as saying: “If the convention is not held as scheduled, that will mark the end of the party and anyone talking about shifting the convention is an enemy of the party.” Meanwhile, the Gana committee was, at press time, set to submit its report on its engagements with Sheriff to the BoT.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/pdp-governors-lament-frustration-sheriff/
Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2016
Can't they just denounce this guy....abi na force 2 rule ova people again undecided
Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by umar745(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Sheriff is like Tick on a dog.
He'll suck them dry then jump to another, hopefully APC

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by eyesofgod: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2016
Na wa!

"...your papa tell you say make you no de play with fire because fire go born you..."

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by Addme: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2016
So The Reconciliatory Meeting And Pictures We Saw On Front Page Two Days Ago Na Wash.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by Addme: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2016
So The Reconciliatory Meeting And Pictures We Saw On Front Page Two Days Ago Na Wash. lalasticlala. call to duty.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by OlujobaSamuel: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
I've mocked pdp so tey I can't but pity dem again, dis wahala just too much for dem, but when I remember all we(Nigerians) passed through in their hands, I just feel they should remain in their predicament till Nigeria becomes truly a great nation that it is.
Re: PDP Governors Lament Frustration With Sheriff by omenka(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I've mocked pdp so tey I can't but pity dem again, dis wahala just too much for dem, but when I remember all we(Nigerians) passed through in their hands, I just feel they should remain in their predicament till Nigeria becomes truly a great nation that it is.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah / Photos : Wike And His Wife Attend Mass Organized By Nzenwa Family / Parts Of Lagos Flooded As Torrential Rainfall Continues - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.