Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari (34991 Views)

APC Mustn’t Behave Like PDP, Tinubu Replies Okorocha / We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, / Tunji Abayomi Writes Tinubu Again- SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by wengerjay(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
My Dear Tunji Abayomi: It is said that to err is human. By your letter to me, it seems that you seek to remind me that I am human. Of this I am constantly reminded. I know I have made my share of mistakes. But my progressive inclination remains firmly rooted. However, by your pained and inaccurate letter, you have proven that you are human too.

You have been a friend and will continue to be. Thus, I can dispense with needless formality so that we can get to the crux of the issue. Your career is that of a lawyer and activist. I appreciate all that you have done in the pursuit of a more just and democratic Nigeria. However, your letter to me is an impetuous display unbecoming a man of your status and a man seeking the highest leadership position in his state. And as a lawyer, you well know that one cannot seek equity without having done equity.

In writing the letter, you appear to have been bitten by a bug that often blinds the objectivity of a man. You have been bitten by an ambition that you fear you shall not be able to realize. In your pursuit of office, you have sought my support and influence. When you sought that support, you thought it proper and democratic to do so. If I had signalled my support for you, I am sure that you would never have written this letter alleging that I was undermining the democratic will of the people. You would have been pleased with me, I suppose.

However, because that support has not been forthcoming, you fear that the support you wanted may now go to a rival candidate. In your judgment, my support for you would have been democratic. Should I support another, then that same support is now to be considered dictatorial and unfair? Frankly, dear friend, I do not see the objectivity in your analysis or the merit in what you claim as your injury. If you seek a person's support, you cannot in good conscience turn around and object that such support should never be given to another person. Your position is more undemocratic and unfair than what you accuse me of. Your words attack me for being undemocratic when in reality your heart attacks me for not giving you what you want.

I have participated in elections for decades for myself and others. Some have been won. Some lost. Never, however, have I asked a friend for support than condemn for giving the very support I sought of them to another person. To do so is not to stand on principle but on bruised pride.

You said I seek to deny your democratic right. It is you who seeks to grab mine. If not mistaken, I believe I am a member of the APC. I have a right and duty to support the candidate who I believe will best represent the party. What your letter is really saying is that if I don’t support you, I should keep my mouth shut. You complain of a purported meeting I had to discuss the coming primary in Ondo. Do you deny me and other APC members now the right to assembly and talk. Had you heard that the meeting had anointed you, I doubt you would have written the first word of the letter you sent to me.

But here I want to give you and others a clear assurance that you may rest more at ease. I reserve the right to support any candidate I wish because no one has the right to take this away from me. However, I will also do everything in my power to ensure the primaries are free and fair and that there will be no undue influence on the process. The candidate who can garner the most support and votes will win. Since its inception, the APC has run the cleanest and most transparent primaries in the history of this nation. The just-concluded primary in Edo is further evidence of this. My dear friend, I leave you free to run and win the primary. If you do, I shall congratulate you and support you in the general election. However, you must respect my rights as well and leave me to my own conscience to support who I will support. And to show interest in whom I wish.

I also need to correct what appears to be a mistaken impression on your part about the 2015 election. Your letter seems to indicate that it was on your advice that I backed President Buhari. You assume too much credit and should be more guarded in your assertions. As a veteran in the political arena, I do not make important decisions lightly. I make final political decisions and calculations on my own after deep reflections and consultation with many people from many perspectives. I can assure you, dear friend, that I trust my own political counsel more than yours and that I have numerous other advisors whose advice I weigh more than yours. After all had you so much influence over me in the presidential election, it would mean you surely should have greater influence over me when it comes to the primary in your state.

I do appreciate your passion and concern for the welfare of the people.

Yet, you are not the only one who feels this. The love of the people is not exclusive to you, Tunji. My entire life has been devoted to the betterment of the people and of this nation. Lagos is a much better place because of what we have tried to do, and I pray that it will be better still.

Many worked hard and long and sacrificed much, even more than you, to bring in the new federal government. We did not do this as a sport but to improve the lives of the people. You need not lecture me about the plight of the people. Their right to a better life is what motivates me. I do not doubt your love for the people and this nation. Yet, you have no right to doubt mine for you do not love these people and this place more than I do. Of that, I can assure you.

I am a democrat. I am ready to for the chips to fall where they may after and open and fair primary in Ondo. Instead of welcoming this, it appears you are afraid of it. Instead of fighting me who is but one man with no vote, you should be fighting for votes and support. Your letter to me was woefully misplaced and inappropriate. Still, I wish you the best and may democracy and the people's will prevail above all else.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/14/i-never-relied-your-advice-choose-buhari-tinubu-replies-tunji-abayomi

72 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Malawian(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
So na choose dem choose that guy for us ni?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by hexy40: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Comedy central

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by micfoley: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
OK o

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Prince081: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Too long. All promoses cancelled.

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Lovelynature(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
They all contributed to what Nigeria is passing through

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Chigold101(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
APC una funny sha.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by LORDOFTHEOSU: 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Malawian:
So na choose dem choose that guy for us ni?

No be so OBJ single handedly dump yaradua and Jonathan on the seat?

Buhari own self better that he don dey try for the position on his own for 12 years prior

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by onnenka: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am not in love with Afonjas and Abobakus, but Tinubu's response was well thought out. He exposed that man as a hypocrite.

Anyway APC will not win Ondo, so both of them are wasting their time.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tunji will come up with a reply soon...Nigerian politics is all about Personal interests

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by LORDOFTHEOSU: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
onnenka:
I am not in love with Afonjas and Abobakus, but Tinubu's response was well thought out. He exposed that man as a hypocrite.

Anyway APC will not win Ondo, so both of them are wasting their time.

I'm also not in love with OSUs and ugwu hawkers but i must applaud your patience to read through that piece and your ability to comprehend what Tinubu tried to pass across. That's something to celebrate in a wailing Zombie that's obsessed with omenka obviously (judging from your moniker) wink

You're not an ondo indigene neither are you the eze ndi igbo that was flogged in akure so common sense should advise you not to dabble into what you know little or nothing about wink

219 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by seunmsg(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
In your pursuit of office, you have sought my support and influence. When you sought that support, you thought it proper and democratic to do so. If I had signalled my support for you, I am sure that you would never have written this letter alleging that I was undermining the democratic will of the people. You would have been pleased with me, I suppose.

Gbam! Tinubu just finished Tunji Abayomi with this response. People only complain when a decision is not in their favour. Tunji Abayomi should go and face his campaign instead of looking for who to blame for his failed political ambition.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by omenka(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

I'm also not in love with OSUs and ugwu hawkers but i must applaud your patience to read through that piece and your ability to comprehend what Tinubu tried to pass across. That's something to celebrate in a wailing Zombie that's obsessed with omenka obviously (judging from your moniker) wink

You're not an ondo indigene neither are you the eze ndi igbo that was flogged in akure so common sense should advise you not to dabble into what you know little or nothing about wink

They've got about 8 variants of my moniker right now. Epileptic lot who can hardly think on their own. cheesy

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by basilo101: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

e be like say the thing pain you sha

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by basilo101: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
omenka:
They've got about 8 variants of my moniker right now. Epileptic lot who can hardly think on their own. cheesy
i love the way they deal with you

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by hucienda: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Season of political 'love' letters in the media.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by LORDOFTHEOSU: 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
basilo101:

This one don come again cheesy

wetin go pain person inside the sensible thing wey that guy i quoted talk? angry

Rather, i'm very elated that a Yoruba hater actually read through a letter written by a Yoruba man and he was able to respond very intelligently to it. I'm actually celebrating here cheesy

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by LORDOFTHEOSU: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
omenka:

I need you to give me the juju you used on these guys that made them tied to your butt-hole like their lives depend on it cheesy

The love odikwa serious cheesy

36 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by CltrAltDel: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
[s]
basilo101:

[/s][s][/s]

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by CltrAltDel: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

This one don come again cheesy

wetin go pain person inside the sensible thing wey that guy i quoted talk? angry

Rather, i'm very elated that a Yoruba hater actually read through a letter written by a Yoruba man and he was able to respond very intelligently to it. I'm actually celebrating here cheesy
Gbam grin

39 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Emekamex(m): 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
I don't have time to read this trash.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by omenka(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

I need you to give me the juju you used on these guys that made them tied to your butt-hole like their lives depend on it cheesy

The love odikwa serious cheesy
You know that "Rising Sun" thing naw. I told them the Sun Rises out my butt-hole; that's why they are obsessed with it and anything that emanates there from. grin

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by omenka(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2016

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by LORDOFTHEOSU: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
omenka:
You know that "Rising Sun" thing naw. I told them the Sun Rises out my butt-hole; that's why they are obsessed with it and anything that emanates there from. grin

Chei! cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by bkool7(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
People hate what they don't understand. Fear what they can't conquer. Thats just the theory of men.
-Nas

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by sammyj: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
This distraction, blame and counter game blame should just stop and let them allow us focus on good governance! ! shocked angry
Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by otukpo(f): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Politicians and confusion.
Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by bloodkiIler: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2016

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Epic reply that even senseless wailing zombies will have a minute of clarity to admire.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by Motherfucker2: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
Shut up and enjoy the change you craved and voted for.

I wish General Cassandra will rule Nigeria for 70 years, make hunger kill everyone that voted for him

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by pafygodo: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
All these APC Gubernatorial aspirants are eminently qualified to become the Governor of Ondo State going by their academic qualifications and profiles.
The primary election is meant to pick one of these twenty aspirants. It now depends on their ability to canvass support from the delegates and the political structures they have on ground.
To be honest, the aspirant with huge financial wherewithal may carry the day in a free and fair election as far as primary election is concerned in Nigeria.
I vehemently believe whoever has the support of Bola Tinubu will win the forthcoming APC primary election in Ondo state, come what may.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari by veekid(m): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
sad
Had it been you've rely on his advice, maybe you wouldn't have chosen this dummy man over us.
I no mention name o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna: Armed Bandits Attack Aviation Quarters, Abduct Family Of 6, 3 Others / I’m Discouraged After Last Week’s Visit To Buhari­ – Bakare / Biodun Fatoyinbo Will Rise Again – Fani-kayode Calls COZA Pastor ‘lover Of God’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.