Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy (11747 Views)

Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Kowa And PDP's Reaction To Budget Signing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Osyabj: 2:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Embattled former House of Representatives Appropriation Committee Chairman Abdulmumin Jibrin has linked Senator Iyiola Omisore with the budget padding controversy.

Omisore, who represented Osun East, was the chairman of the seventh Senate’s Appropriation Committee.

In a letter to All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman John Odigie-Oyegun in which he urged him to advise House of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara to resign, Jibrin alleged an unholy alliance between Dogara and Omisore.

In the letter, dated August 12, Jibrin said Dogara’s exit would enable the House “nominate a Speaker Pro Tempore and mobilise our members to support him to take over and adjourn the House until when we are due for resumption in September”.

“This will give room for consultations on the election of a new Speaker when we resume,” he said.

He urged the party “to discuss on the possibility of returning the N100 billion constituency component of the budget under any of our laws so that all stolen money can be returned, particularly the N40 billion naira and equitably distributed to all constituencies.”

The office of the speaker declined to react to Jibrin’s letter yesterday.

On Omisore’s role, he said: “His godfather is Senator Iyiola Omisore. During the build up to the appointment of committee chairmen, I had a terrible disagreement with him (Dogara). While in London, before the appointment of committee chairmen, Jibrin claimed that Dogara “pleaded with me to join him at a house in London. I went and I saw him seated very comfortably with Senator Omisore. It was there he said he was going to appoint me as chairman, Appropriations and I should be reporting to Omisore

“I was completely shocked. A nice lunch was served; we ate and we left. At least, there are CCTVs in London. I confided in a highly-placed person who I wouldn’t want to mention his name. He advised me to remain calm and concentrate on my job. My refusal to comply with such questionable instructions largely accounted for the anger of Mr. Speaker towards me.

“It was much later that I realised that Senator Omisore had adopted Speaker Dogara as a godson since their days as Chairman Appropriations and House Services in the sixth Assembly respectively.”

Jibrin also accused Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal of not supporting his appointment as Appropriations Committee chairman.

Jibrin said Dogara was “more interested in telling me about the forces who didn’t want me to be appointed chairman, appropriations as if I cared. He mentioned former Speaker and present Governor of Sokoto State Aminu Waziri Tambuwal as one. That is how narrow-minded Dogara can be.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/jibrin-links-omisore-house-budget-padding-controversy/

3 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Osyabj: 2:32am On Aug 15, 2016
This Pipeline Destruction Party, PDP mole, the patently corrupt Dogara pretending to be part of APC, is going down.
Now Dogara knows what PMB means by "I am for everybody and I am for Nobody"

The Corrupt duo of Saraki and Dogara, imposed on the Nigerian people by the Oil thieves and pdp, shall not know peace until they both resign or are jailed.

Never again underestimate the Power of Tinubu. He who laughs last laughs best.

This change is real.

18 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Firefire(m): 2:38am On Aug 15, 2016
APC and Fraud... chai!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Osyabj: 2:48am On Aug 15, 2016
Firefire:
APC and Fraud... chai!

Did you read the article? Dogara is APC by name only, In reality he is 100% pdp mole reporting to alleged MURDERER of Bola Ige, the pdp thug called Omisore. So Dogara remains pdp, despite wearing APC tag.

APC will deal decisively with the pdp mole called Dogara. Stay tuned.

13 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by uwagimboo: 3:43am On Aug 15, 2016
APC Party Ndi Kalo-Kalo..

Am sure they would soon come up with Omisore is GEJ Godson...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Amitex(m): 4:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Osyabj:

Did you read the article? Dogara is APC by name only, In reality he is 100% pdp mole reporting to alleged MURDERER of Bola Ige, the pdp thug called Omisore. So Dogara remains pdp, despite wearing APC tag.

Your ranting cannot muster two-third required to change speaker. APC is in government while PDP is in POWER. Please, deal with it. If you do not like it, take Oshomole's advice!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 15, 2016

1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:14am On Aug 15, 2016
Omisore again?

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Pidggin(f): 5:36am On Aug 15, 2016
APC always full of propaganda, very soon we will hear that Jonathan is Dogara's main God father grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Osyabj: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Amitex:

Your ranting cannot muster two-third required to change speaker. APC is in government while PDP is in POWER. Please, deal with it. If you do not like it, take Oshomole's advice!!!

Sure the Pipeline Destruction Party, PDP, got to NASS power by FRAUD, TREACHERY, AND DECEIT of Dogara and Saraki, powered by OIL THIEVES and Pipeline Destruction Party, PDP.

However, that POWER at the NASS shall change before your very eyes. Stay tuned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Flyingngel(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Jubrin shld better fight one battle at a time, otherwise will all this gang up against him, definitely he will not survive.
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Abeymills(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Pls tell dis apc crook 2 shut up evil party dullard clueles president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by richidinho(m): 8:53am On Aug 15, 2016
grin

Is that suppose to be an evidence of budget padding?

Lmao

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2016
we will continue to be cheated as citizens of nigeria if we dont help ourselves. with all the massive salaries paid to these politicians they still go around padding budgets.

both APC and PDP nah thieves full there and i have never heard any good thing being said about this omisore.

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Sylvarresta(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2016
see how they are sharing your future and that of your children and still some foolish people are still here fighting because of apc and pdp...
the earlier we start on Amechi advice of stoning all this politicians the better for all of us

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by MadCow1: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
Jibrin...... The Slayer of Padders.. grin

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by darecool(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
Osyabj:

This Pipeline Destruction Party, PDP mole, the patently corrupt Dogara pretending to be part of APC, is going down.

The Corrupt duo of Saraki and Dogara, imposed on the Nigerian people by the Oil thieves and pdp, shall not know peace until they both resign or are jailed.

This change is real.
What is real in the padding that was started by the executive and transfered to the legislative arm? Were you sleeping when Buhari's budget was padded or you are being paid to make this noise. Anyways, the truth can only set free if we abide in it. There's no difference between APC and PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by NairaMaster1(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
The omisore that's not in government? I smell.....

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2016
Following it on twitter @AbdulAbmJ..the guy isn't backing out o! Just the way he didn't back out earlier till Dogara was elected speaker...Dogara and Saraki MUST GO #hoohaa!!

3 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by donodion(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2016
Osyabj:
Embattled former House of Representatives Appropriation Committee Chairman Abdulmumin Jibrin has linked Senator Iyiola Omisore with the budget padding controversy.

Omisore, who represented Osun East, was the chairman of the seventh Senate’s Appropriation Committee.

On Omisore’s role, he said: “His godfather is Senator Iyiola Omisore. During the build up to the appointment of committee chairmen, I had a terrible disagreement with him (Dogara). While in London, before the appointment of committee chairmen, Jibrin claimed that Dogara “pleaded with me to join him at a house in London. I went and I saw him seated very comfortably with Senator Omisore. It was there he said he was going to appoint me as chairman, Appropriations and I should be reporting to Omisore

“I was completely shocked. A nice lunch was served; we ate and we left. At least, there are CCTVs in London. I confided in a highly-placed person who I wouldn’t want to mention his name. He advised me to remain calm and concentrate on my job. My refusal to comply with such questionable instructions largely accounted for the anger of Mr. Speaker towards me.

“It was much later that I realised that Senator Omisore had adopted Speaker Dogara as a godson since their days as Chairman Appropriations and House Services in the sixth Assembly respectively.”

Jibrin also accused Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal of not supporting his appointment as Appropriations Committee chairman.

http://thenationonlineng.net/jibrin-links-omisore-house-budget-padding-controversy/

Make Jibrin a state witness with beneficial conditions and more beans would be spilled. My respect to this Jibrin guy keep leaping higher and higher.He is bold and have all his ducks lined up in a row, with hard-line facts and evidences.
Imagine the likes of omisore could still be throwing weights around at NASS at the detriment of the nation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by leofab(f): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2016
Dem dem
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Osyabj:

This change is real.

You are so lost on the trend of this story that you failed to notice the following:

1. The FG came out to say the budget was not padded (that sounds like a defense of Dogara)
2. The APC has been inviting Jibrin continually, looking like they want to muscle him into keeping quiet
3. The EFCC just reopened a fraud case against Jibrin. This looks very much like a state-sponsored attempt to keep him quiet.

Whatever is happening between those two, your PDP insinuations are not only wrong, but they are also misinformed! Dogara seems to be the APC good boy now and every outfit seems to be defending him...

Unfortunately, your obsession with hatred for PDP will make you blame them for a crime committed in Benin Republic self...Naija people!

7 Likes

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Jilo83(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2016
The clog in wheel of progress of Nigeria is National Assembly.
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by RZArecta(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Jibrin personally padded the DSS budget by about 5 billion naira. He should also resign. The thievery in APC is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Jilo83(m): 11:47am On Aug 15, 2016
The only clog in wheel of progress of Nigeria is National Assembly

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by worlexy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by shammah1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
Na dem dem. APC is a disgrace to democracy. Shameful people
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by Tamakay(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
If APC really wants to rule this country 16yrs like PDP they should play politics and stop this childish antagonism. The party's configuration is already affecting the party. By that I mean, members of CPC is already playing a fast one on ANPP and ACN simply because they produce the President by sidelining some credible members of the affairs of the government. They should also not forget in a hurry how the Senate principal officers were formed or elected and they should be careful with Dogara because he already enjoys the support of 262 members of the House. Don't also forget, politicians like leaders that can give them food to eat either legit or not and Oga at the top is not ready to do that and the PDP is ready to make them eat. This padding issue as far I am concern is a minor issue just that Jibrin is acting childishly. Look at it this way, the Presidency allegedly discovered N500b as padded but yet the presidency still left N75b. APC settle this matter politically before u guys destroy the party.
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by afoo02(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
Osyabj:

May God bless you for this Reply.
Re: Jibrin Links Omisore To Budget Padding Controversy by DIKEnaWAR: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
Jubril = Stupid nigga

(1) (2) (Reply)

Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 / Wike Blames Cross River PDP Crisis On Imoke’s Leadership Style / British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.