Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,965 members, 7,852,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. (1049 Views)

Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / IPOB Lion Squad Convoy On Their Way To Ebonyi To Support Nnamdi Kanu / Osinbajo Arrives Delta State,Heads To Gbaramatu Kingdom With Gov. Okowa(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by mackay1(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Hello fellow nairalanders, I will like to share my experience about the sitting Governor of Oyo state. As an average Nigerian youth with less income in an economy where inflation rate is soaring to its peak, I was on my way to Ibadan from Berger in Lagos. I couldn't afford to pay the exorbitant fare at the parks so I opted for "Sòlé" if you know what I mean. I was standing at Kara when I saw government vehicles in convoy moving at top speed, I later saw the number plates of vehicles and one precisely caught my attention it was "01-OYSG affixed to the black Toyota landcruiser with APC and flag of FRN fixed on bonnet. I didn't care, I knew our so called leaders are above the law when on the road no matter the party. I later got a ride for N400 at the same spot. On getting to Sagamu there was a terrible gridlock due to the road construction and diversion, which must have been caused by impatient I guess. My driver noticed many vehicles were using the other lane under construction where there was a diversion which was wrong caused it was closed. After driving at top speed for about 10mins on the dusty path, we later discovered there was a big pit ahead even a motorbike cannot go through. To my surprise, I saw the Governor's convoy once again turn back facing Lagos again because of the dead end, "I was like this people to dey drive like this". On facing Lagos after changing our direction, many driver were clueless because they couldn't go back to join the gridlock they left at the back and it was getting darker, an heavy rain was also imminent. Suddenly at Ajebo in front of Foursquare Gospel Church Camp, the Governor's convoy faced the camp gate to enter as if they left something there to pick up. Those who were closer to the gate said it was the Governor cos am still in doubt. The gate was opened to him and he ordered the gate be closed immediately only for his convoy. Hundreds of drivers and passengers were shocked that how can someone be this self-centered an mean! He left us in the heavy rain and clueless, many turned back of face the gridlock they left behind Only 12 vehicles waited and continue to plead to the security to open gate for us to use. After an hour standing in the rain, a lanky guy in my bus took his phone and called a pastor he knew years back and the gate was opened. We met another obstacle at the second gate but this same young boy called same pastor it was opened again for free though we begged again. We later discovered the camp was an escape route to Ilishan-Remo, so we don't need to turn back again but escape the pit and later join the highway back where it's yet to be congested. My fellow Nairalanders, I wanna ask is the Governor fair? Have always heard of the Governor being a ruler and less of a leader, a strong-headed emperor. Kudos to the Babas' at the gates for the help, the unknown pastor that helped! And lastly to that guy in my bus that made the call, I learned to never look down on anyone for help. Inconclusion, Governor Ajimobi shame on you and your convoy, now I believe what people say about you is real!...Am sorry for the lengthy tale. Boosit leaders!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by kossyablaze(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Eyah no mind dem... Naso dem dey do
Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by Redoil: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2016
Afonjas are coming to call you an ipad yoot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by Oche211(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2016
No matter how u wan look at the situations, u guys were all wrong.
U took the wrong route due to impatience which led to a dead end nd u want to be treated fairly.
What happened to those in the traffic gridlock?
Were they animals or second class citizens? If the church were to open their gates freely, trust me nd Nigerians generally, there would ve been gridlock too in the church.
So look at it properly, ur driver was wrong 4 taking that route nd u as well cos u never spoke against it.
If it wasn't for the big hole on the road, we wouldn't get to read this trash.
I only blame the governor for taking short cut too, leaving thousands of other motorists to languish in that gridlock cos it's very clear that we've had ineffective govt over the years.
Morals: NEVER TAKE SHORT CUTS, THEY LEAD TO DEAD ENDS.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by HtwoOw: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Oche211:
No matter how u wan look at the situations, u guys were all wrong.
U took the wrong route due to impatience which led to a dead end nd u want to be treated fairly.
What happened to those in the traffic gridlock?
Were they animals or second class citizens? If the church were to open their gates freely, trust me nd Nigerians generally, there would ve been gridlock too in the church.
So look at it properly, ur driver was wrong 4 taking that route nd u as well cos u never spoke against it.
If it wasn't for the big hole on the road, we wouldn't get to read this trash.
I only blame the governor for taking short cut too, leaving thousands of other motorists to languish in that gridlock cos it's very clear that we've had ineffective govt over the years.
Morals: NEVER TAKE SHORT CUTS, THEY LEAD TO DEAD ENDS.

Your comment is too sensible , people tend to complain when a situation does not favor them

Turning a private church's compound into highway ?? unacceptable if not for anything else, as much as every vehicle on that route in that gridlock would want to join in and eventually they'll cause damage if not accident !

I on the other hand blame the government for the bad roads ,
Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by Femich18(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2016
Redoil:
Afonjas are coming to call you an ipad yoot
Why not just shut up...must everything be about a tribe...
Anyway back to the topic...I don't know if that was Ajimobi...but all I'll say is that Our Politicians in Political offices are rulers and heartless individuals. I have known that for a very long time now
Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by veekid(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2016
Dem no teach this guy paragraphing for school
Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by veekid(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2016
Dem no teach this guy paragraphing for school
Re: My Experience With Gov. Ajimobi Convoy On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Last Sunday. by SIRTee15: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2016
Nigerians and their entitlement mentality.......
u took a wrong turn that led to a dead end......
but u didn't see anything wrong in that because it favoured u.......
now, u want to turn someone's private residence into a highway........
because your selfish request was denied u started wailing.....
as far as I'm concerned, you and the governor are birds of the same feathers.......
feathering your nest at detriment and discomfort of others.....
so the people that obeyed traffic rule and got stuck in the traffic gridlock are fools.....right......
the people get the leaders they deserve........
it's very obvious if u find urself in ajimobi's exalted position, u will do worse....

every Nigerian wants to be the greatest by sitting at the table......
nobody wants to be the greatest by serving.

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Is Taking Trash On Air. I Am Disgusted With His Speech. / PHOTOS: Lagos Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa Visits Ooni Of Ife / 3050MW Mambilla Hydropower Project Set To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.