Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

From Christian To Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christian To Atheist (9640 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The context there talks of small kids who have learnt next to nothing about life

OR

Maybe you should sort this out with Winner 01 who quoted the same verse as his reason for not engaging in Paedophilia

Below

I'm sure you were weren't seeing when I wrote: Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

English

English

English

"Border on insult"

Truthman is a name that's easy to make

I for instance tried a lot of usernames before deciding on this one when I wanted to create my account including "truthman" itself, after being frustrated with different rejections, I decided to try this one knowing its gonna be hard for it to be taken

When we setup our mail(s) sometime, we realise the mail address we wanted had been taken, we then add something to the end e.g

Hopefullandlord might be taken, then we put Hopefullandlord22222 and if it works, we use it,

that might be the reason for his using that monicker not a case of him attempting to impersonate

Calling someone "boy" and calling another "man" borders (keyword "border"wink on insult

But hey, whatever
Whatever.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
I'm sure you were weren't seeing when I wrote: Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband.

Hmmm

May mean different things

But context here is what I'm saying

You think or know Jesus was talking about kids who have barely known their right from left

Analice also quoted it to buttress turning nairalanders (who should be much older than that) to atheists

Which of the contexts is the correct one?
Re: From Christian To Atheist by simplex2: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:

1. Bill gates is no atheist and definately uses his time for more reasonable things than propagating atheism.

It's no secret that Bill Gates is agnostic and shares same view like most of us agnostics; never said he was an atheist so I don't know where you are getting your weird opinions from. Let me share my favorite quote of his in an interview as partains religion and theist believes;

Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

http://hollowverse.com/bill-gates/

The rest of your points are just a mere rumbling of a starved kid. Fact remains that the man that runs the biggest charity organisation in the globe is NOT a Christian and leads a perfect normal life unlike what you shallow Christians would like everyone to believe that any one that doesn't believe in Christ is in crisis.

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:
Gone are the days for being made to feel guilty for being responsible for the sins that nailed Jesus on the cross. Gone are the weeks I would be told to confess my sins in prayer and ask God for forgiveness for sins I couldn't imagine I committed. Gone are those deliverance services in MFM. I no longer feel guilty of sin I supposedly committed against a god that hasn't been verified.

I tried to read the bible every day, but to be honest it was pretty boring. I went to church regularly which helped to assuage my doubts, but I often felt frustrated with a lack of guidance from God. I noticed even when I ask for God's guidance,wait on him,fast for days,but I end up making my decisions myself. I noticed the total silence from God even when I needed an answer from him. It was complete silence. But when I get a decision right I get asked to testify that God did it. No I couldn't do that because that was my decision.

Giving up my childhood belief system was hard, but it's one of the most important things I've done for myself. My family have disowned me and still I feel a bit of anxiety but not lonely as I used to be. I make better decisions now,I trust my instinct,read books and learn from life experiences.

I must also thank the nairaland religious section for helping me turn proper atheist. I watch most religions debates on here and see how Christians make absolute zero sense when debating atheists. I understand why Christians debate blindly, because their religion is such a core belief that they cannot imagine their life without it. But yes you can!

Hello brother.I understand from your post that you once attended MFM.

My prayer for you is for the Almughty God to visit you and reveal Himself to you.

http://www.pawcreek.org/salty-saints/the-tragic-death-of-voltaire-the-atheist

God is real,His manifold works speaks through nature.

God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The context there talks of small kids who have learnt next to nothing about life

OR

Maybe you should sort this out with Winner 01 who quoted the same verse as his reason for not engaging in Paedophilia

Below

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1 Peter:2:2
This is the context Jesus means over there.
Anyone who just becomes a christian is a little new born babe in Christ. We call them baby Christians. They are babies because they still don't know anything about the mysteries of the kingdom, and people like you can bamboozled them and throw them into confusion, thereby killing them spiritually.

Don't think I don't know what am saying, because i do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dude , truthman83 , I give you just two weeks and you'll return to Christ .

Peace

2 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1 Peter:2:2
This is the context Jesus means over there.
Anyone who just becomes a christian is a little new born babe in Christ. We call them baby Christians. They are babies because they still don't know anything about the mysteries of the kingdom, and people like you can bamboozled them and throw them into confusion, thereby killing them spiritually.

Don't think I don't know what am saying, because i do.

Hmmmm

Throw them into "confusion" indeed

More like open their eyes

Anyways back to the topic

So "baby Christians" and you quoted the book of peter that happened afterwards to buttress your point?
Interesting
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Anyone our arguments here convert to atheism already had those "doubts"

Seeing atheism isn't strange after all just made him realise he isn't crazy to question his belief

2 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hmmmm

Throw them into "confusion" indeed

More like open their eyes

Anyways back to the topic

So "baby Christians" and you quoted the book of peter that happened afterwards to buttress your point?
Interesting
Open their eyes to what exactly? To folly?

If you ve ever been a christian you'd know that Scriptures interpret Scriptures. No scripture stands on its own solely to make meaning.
You can bring up your own rebuttal if you think am wrong.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

Open their eyes to what exactly? To folly?

If you ve ever been a christian you'd know that Scriptures interpret Scriptures. No scripture stands on its own solely to make meaning.
You can bring up your own rebuttal if you think am wrong.

Open their eyes to see all "holy books" are on par with tales by moonlight, spiderman, Superman, harry Potter comics

Open their eyes to see that those witches and wizard and principalities are just figments of some people from the stone age's imagination that's taken too seriously

Open his eyes to see that the tales are myths

Open his eyes to look at things and saying "ummm... no. No, I'm not buying into that."

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by CHARLOE(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
otemanuduno:
ATHEISM IS THE THE DISBELIEF IN THE god OF ANY RELIGION WHO PROMISES HEAVEN AND EARTH BUT CANNOT FULFILL THE SLIGHTEST OF IT FROM BIRTH DAY TO DEATH DAY.

There is God but he is not the god of any religion. He does not demand worship. He does not interfere in the affairs of humanity, because everything is delegated to nature.

I agree with u 100%! This is where religion lied n d reason many religious people with sincere hearts are turning towards atheism. Same reason pastors organise/fake miracles to propagate d lie that god interferes in our affairs n answers prayers, d lie of grace n favour etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
It feels great to have pulled the wool off someone's eyes through this medium

I hereby hope the below people also have that wool pulled from their eyes

Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, KingEbukaNaija

We need to free everyone from those tales written by deluded people who had too much to drink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
CHARLOE:

I agree with u 100%! This is where religion lied n d reason many religious people with sincere hearts are turning towards atheism. Same reason pastors organise/fake miracles to propagate d lie that god interferes in our affairs n answers prayers, d lie of grace n favour etc
We need to start taking full responsibility for our successes and failures

When a religious person succeeds he goes "Bros, na God o"

When he fails "its the Devil"

We succeed and say, yes its me and those that helped

When we fail, we blame ourselves alone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hahn(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, KingEbukaNaija

You guys should come together and form a chat group.

Call it "Deluded and proud"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Open their eyes to see all "holy books" are on par with tales by moonlight, spiderman, Superman, harry Potter comics

Open their eyes to see that those witches and wizard and principalities are just figments of some people from the stone age's imagination that's taken too seriously

Open his eyes to see that the tales are myths

Open his eyes to look at things and saying "ummm... no. No, I'm not buying into that."
LOlzzz. Yet you can't stop talking about this fairy tale. This myths puts the heebeess in you. The last time I checked, you signed off from here, you were given a grand send off, but no, this fairy tale is too compelling, you can't stay away. I wonder why?

Lolzzzzzzzzzz. The fairly tale book told me about you, if I didn't see you in this story book, I'd ve tossed it out since. But it told me who you are and what you'll be doing, and here you are, doing the very thing.
when we are done here, we shall proceed to the mythical God, then you'll mythically give account of all you have said and done here. No matter what u do, u cant run away from it. See how u cant keep away from here? U cant.
He is standing patiently, waiting for you at death. He who laughs last, laughs best. Hahahahahahahaha.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

LOlzzz. Yet you can't stop talking about this fairy tale. This myths puts the heebeess in you. The last time I checked, you signed off from here, you were given a grand send off, but no, this fairy tale is too compelling, you can't stay away. I wonder why?

Lolzzzzzzzzzz. The fairly tale book told me about you, if I didn't see you in this story book, I'd ve tossed it out since. But it told me who you are and what you'll be doing, and here you are, doing the very thing.
when we are done here, we shall proceed to the mythical God, then you'll mythically give account of all you have said and done here. No matter what u do, u cant run away from it. See how u cant keep away from here? U cant.
He is standing patiently, waiting for you at death. He who laughs last, laughs best. Hahahahahahahaha.

When we all die, we stay dead

No mythical heaven or hell to go to

Give account? Lmao

You need that wool taken off your eyes very fast

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 11:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

When we all die, we stay dead
No mythical heaven or hell to go to
Give account? Lmao
You need that wool taken off your eyes very fast
Let's die and see.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by ichommy(m): 12:10am On Aug 17, 2016
Truthman83, Welcome to the Family Brother. Hahn, allocate him Plot of land for him.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 12:51am On Aug 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
It feels great to have pulled the wool off someone's eyes through this medium

I hereby hope the below people also have that wool pulled from their eyes

We need to free everyone from those tales written by deluded people who had too much to drink

And when you are done freeing them? undecided

You see your stupidity is alarming. You guys say its all for nothing and cant even act as such.
If nothing matters, why does it matter if someone believes or not?

Read up the poor boy's claim and see that there is nothing rational about his decision. Its all emotions, just like all of you.
The dude is probably going through a hard time with his parents for obvious reasons he deliberately omitted.
Do not force your trauma on people, they are not responsible for your woes.

analice107:

The last time I checked, you signed off from here, you were given a grand send off, but no, this fairy tale is too compelling, you can't stay away. I wonder why?.
You see what this lady said? You should think about it everyday of your life.
You signed off yesterday and still find it difficult to stay away from a fairy tale? Does that not prove you arn't in control of yourself?

Think dude, just think.

Here is the story of a former atheist who was actually open minded and didnt just parrot it.

Here is another former astheist astrophysicist sharing her story

[url=notashamedofthegospel.com/apologetics/proof-that-god-exists/]Here is another atheist that objectively weighed the evidence for and against God[/url]

Here is another christ hating atheist blogger who had spent all his life writing against christianity

These are real reasons, not some emotionally imbalanced kid that saw atheism are correct because he had questions. Its as silly as saying because I have questions about my country, then its better to act as if my country does not exist.
Be the rational thinkers you all claim to be for once in your lives.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:

1. Bill gates is no atheist and definately uses his time for more reasonable things than propagating atheism.

Bill gates is an atheist His wife religion is not his religion!! when will U guys get that into Ur tick skull, like the way they did for Darwin false conversion

Bill Gates on Religion
Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

[size=20pt]Bill gates is agnostic!! [/size]

4 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:05am On Aug 17, 2016
AmenRa1:

Bill gates is an atheist His wife religion is not his religion!! when will U guys get that into Ur tick skull, like the way they did for Darwin false conversion
Did he tell you this personally or do you just wish he was. Why not click on the link I posted. You seem very unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
Did he tell you this personally or do you just wish he was. Why not click on the link I posted. You seem very unintelligent.
Tank U sir am very unintelligent Like I said his wife religion is not his religion even his wife is not a core Christian like that his children do follow her to church and sometimes he do also, regardless of how evil U think atheist are that's Ur opinion

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:22am On Aug 17, 2016
AmenRa1:

Bill Gates on Religion
Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

[size=20pt]Bill gates is agnostic!! [/size]
Stop Crying. He has never labelled himself agnostic, atheists did to side with him just as they side with anything else due to the emptiness of atheism.
He could be irreligious or even deistic. But when someone says "It makes sense to believe in God", it definately does not tally with what you people spend your lives telling us here.

He also does not go around propagating atheism. A rational human being will know that you people are pained and disturbed, thats why you spend your lives here propagating atheism. Bill gates does not share such stupidity with y'all. Stop mentioning bill gates.

Even Mark Zuckerberg does not share such stupidity, he does not use facebook to propagate atheism. He recognizes and respects peoples beliefs and gives people the rights they deserve. Those are real human beings who really "Lack" a belief.

Why do you want people to "lack a belief" with you, if you really claim to lack a belief?
Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:25am On Aug 17, 2016
AmenRa1:

Tank U sir am very unintelligent Like I said his wife religion is not his religion even his wife is not a core Christian like that his children do follow her to church and sometimes he do also, regardless of how evil U think atheist are that's Ur opinion
You definately are exhibiting evil. You claim to lack a belief in God but are not satisfied, you want others to lack a belief with you. Thats the definition of a belief system.
If Bill Gates is really atheist (he isnt), then you and your peers are not qualified to be called atheists.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:27am On Aug 17, 2016
hahn:

You guys should come together and form a chat group.

Call it "Deluded and proud"
Naah, more like "Reasonable and happy". Dont you get it?
You cant force your unhappiness on happy people undecided
Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
You definately are exhibiting evil. You claim to lack a belief in God but are not satisfied, you want others to lack a belief with you. Thats the definition of a belief system.
If Bill Gates is really atheist (he isnt), then you and your peers are not qualified to be called atheists.
I want others to lack a belief with me? Did I put knife in their neck to change them? Did I threaten them with hell to change them? Was I the one that started the crusade that led to the killing of over a million?? Are U threatened That people are starting to think rationally and thereby stepping out of faith? And beginning to chase fact?? What is wrong with U exactly??

4 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
Stop Crying. He has never labelled himself agnostic, atheists did to side with him just as they side with anything else due to the emptiness of atheism.
He could be irreligious or even deistic. But when someone says "It makes sense to believe in God", it definately does not tally with what you people spend your lives telling us here.

He also does not go around propagating atheism. A rational human being will know that you people are pained and disturbed, thats why you spend your lives here propagating atheism. Bill gates does not share such stupidity with y'all. Stop mentioning bill gates.

Even Mark Zuckerberg does not share such stupidity, he does not use facebook to propagate atheism. He recognizes and respects peoples beliefs and gives people the rights they deserve. Those are real human beings who really "Lack" a belief.

Why do you want people to "lack a belief" with you, if you really claim to lack a belief?
I seams U don't understand this statement

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not but I think religious principles are quite valid.
Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:36am On Aug 17, 2016
AmenRa1:

I want others to lack a belief with me? Did I put knife in their neck to change them? Did I threaten them with hell to change them? Was I the one that started the crusade that led to the killing of over a million?? Are U threatened That people are starting to think rationally and thereby stepping out of faith? And beginning to chase fact?? What is wrong with U exactly??
Who are these people? Which crusade? One million? How about a single atheist killing over 70 million people? What are these facts you speak about? Are you so hurt that the topic of God fills your heart with so much hatred?

Why should I be threathened by toothless dogs who come to a faceless forum to bark?.

Peace is what you need in your life. Only Jesus can give you the peace you need. Of what use is your life when your children start to preach Jesus to you in your old age? undecided
Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 1:39am On Aug 17, 2016
AmenRa1:

I seams U don't understand this statement

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not but I think religious principles are quite valid.

1. Religious principles are quite valid

2. A belief in God makes sense

3. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Does this sound like the average angry NL atheist?
Or do you just want to sleep well tonight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
Who are these people? Which crusade? One million? How about a single atheist killing over 70 million people? What are these facts you speak about? Are you so hurt that the topic of God fills your heart with so much hatred?
Lol m ready for U this night

I didn't say 1million the anger in Ur heart mk U misunderstand! The crusade? Maybe Wikipedia could help U on that

A single atheist killing over 70million people I guess he maybe the God of war for one man to kill over 70million people!! How did he do it? But have U ever asked Ur self where was God when he was killing them?

Why should I be threathened by toothless dogs who come to a faceless forum to bark?.
Ofcourse m a toothless dog since I can't talk I'll type! M not the one that created over 40threads on Atheism!

Peace is what you need in your life. Only Jesus can give you the peace you need. Of what use is your life when your children start to preach Jesus to you in your old age? undecided
I am already at peace am free from religious delusion Tanks for the offer but I won't accept U could tell that to a kid! M sorry my children won't be that deluded but of what use is Ur life if Ur children start to preach to U about Allah or trying to get U to think rationally?

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:

1. Religious principles are quite valid

2. A belief in God makes sense

3. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Does this sound like the average angry NL atheist?
Or do you just want to sleep well tonight?
What has the picture down there got to do with this I was even thinking U were more mature than kingebukasblog I guess I was wrong.

I don't even know the point U are trying to drive in whether U agree or not that doesn't change the fact that bill is agnostic n m not gonna educate U on what agnostic is!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola / 8 Steps To A Better Relationship With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.