Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Parents In The House Pls Read - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents In The House Pls Read (558 Views)

Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo / 10-Year-Old Sayyid Rejected By His Parents In Kano Is Stranded / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents In The House Pls Read by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
I want to talk on comparing of children with each other, maybe I didn't get that English right but, I know you've grabbed what i typed.....

It is rational to compare a junior sibling to an elder sibling and irrational to compare an elder sibling to a junior sibling...

Believe me, I am talking from experience, I remembered that whenever I flopped and my parents starts comparing me to my junior sibling, I would start to hate him/her even without him/her offending me..

Often times I would hear, "You cannot even do this, do that well, can't you emulate you junior brother who does it well?"

now, that is very wrong and unideal, human beings are bound to make mistakes from time to time, no one can be perfect, if your child does something the wrong way, you can always encourage and correct him/her without starting to compare him/her to his/her younger sibling

just recently, our neighbour's daughter who stopped her education because she failed jamb, but is now married was quarrelling with her junior brother who is now In the university all because the junior brother told her to mind her business, calling her a dullard, when she told her mother what and what not to give him when he was returning to school.

sad Can you see that this also causes feud and disrespect between sibling...

Talking about this lady, her mother and father, especially the father, always compare her to her junior brother...

You would hear "You no know anything, Your brother sharp pass you.....common exam you no fit pass, your brother know book pass you, you better go meet am make him teach you book."....and so on
..among many others....

Now what are the reasons parents compare their children??

well for me, I would lost out the little I think I know...

(1) Love for one child more than the other.... Now, this is very wrong and detrimental to the love between the children..

(2) When one of them does things well than the other.... So what?, if one of the children does things well than the other, must you compare, well, except if it's the elder child that is in favour here...

How would you feel if your parent or someone compared you to your Junior sibling(s), of course you might start to hate him/her for no just cause....

Parents should pls stop this if they want an healthy relationship between. the children...

#peace

cc seun, lalasticlala, pls FP.... so that I get more contributions...

1 Like

Re: Parents In The House Pls Read by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Parents In The House Pls Read by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
lilyqueen:
Nice one
Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

8 Points To Earning Love And Respect In Your Relationship / Common Mistakes People Make That Ruin Their Lives / 5 Insidious "Gifts" You "May" Gift Your Unborn While You Propose Or Say "I DO"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.