Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (1572 Views)

When Your Female Friend Is Fond Of Pressing Your Boobs... / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2016
Like all human beings, Nigerians have faults.
Many of our faults are laughable, others are not. Nigerians really take the cream when it comes to doing dumb things.

While I’m always proudly Naija, sometimes we have to face the truth. Here are some silly things Nigerians do:
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2016
1. Turning into keyboard warriors when someone expresses a negative opinion about Nigeria.

This is so common. No one on social media can express any negative views about Nigeria without many Nigerians turning into keyboard warriors and attacking such a person.

People should be free to have their opinions whether you agree with them or not. Let’s stop bullying non-Nigerians on social media.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2016
2. Buying “foreign made” items because they’re “better”

Nigerian have this absurd mentality that anything not made in Nigeria is better, regardless of how expensive it is. Made in Naija goods are awesome, we should look inwards for solutions. If you think made in Naija is inferior, you’ve probably never seen an Innoson vehicle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2016
3. Voting a political candidate because of tribe or religion.

Nigeria is divided along religious and ethnic lines. Many people will rather vote a corrupt candidate from their tribe than an honest one from another tribe.

Let’s vote who has our best interests at heart rather than let tribe and religion divide us.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2016
4. “Copycatism”

The spirit of “copycatism” is strong in Nigeria. When the popular blogger, Linda Ikeji unveiled a multi-million naira mansion, thousands of Nigerian youths decided they had a “forgotten” writing ability and wanted to become bloggers.

The same thing happened in several industries like music, movies, beauty and makeup etc.

E.G... MIZZBOOUQUI.... grin grin grin grin NA JOKE OOO.. kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by WomanWrappa(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2016
This op is trying to be relevant by all means so that he can be considered next year's Mr Nairaland.
but if you don't do a lip surgery and bleach that your thick black skin you will not be nominated again.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2016
5. Holding football coaches more accountable than political office holders

This is particularly sad. An average Nigerian will hold his Premier League coach accountable for losing an important match but will never hold his elected official responsible for bad decisions. Decisions that affect his well-being.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2016
6. Running when everyone is running without asking why

Nigerians are fond of doing this. Ask any group of Nigerians running why they’re doing so; you’d find that 80% are unaware of the reason for the mad dash. They only joined in just in case.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2016
7. Spending hours/days in Church premises

Nigerians are prepared to forgo earning a living just to spend days in a religious place of worship. You find that churches and mosques draw more people than social events that would benefit everyone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2016
8. Complaining whilst still remaining in the situation causing the complaint.

While Nigerians love to complain, I’ve learnt to ignore complaints from Nigerians. Many Nigerians will company about bad leaders but still elect the same set of people they just complained about.

Are we not the ones doing ourselves?

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kullozone(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2016
Is this not that guy that always do close up advert in any thread he finds himself?
Howfar na?
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2016
kullozone:
Is this not that guy that always do close up advert in any thread he finds himself?
Howfar na?

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2016
9. Forming a fake accent after a two-week vacation abroad

Nigerians will spend a short holiday in UK/US and come back with a new accent, eating habit and even a different way of dressing. It’s gotten so bad that some Nigerians pick up new accents at the various international airports.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2016
angry angry angry
WomanWrappa:
This op is trying to be relevant by all means so that he can be considered next year's Mr Nairaland.
but if you don't do a lip surgery and bleach that your thick black skin you will not be nominated again.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2016
10. Following internet trends without proper thought

Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by WomanWrappa(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
angry angry angry
if I'm lying tell me.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by IamLEGEND1: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2016
Dem no dey carry us play. our Ghanaian niggahz been wan test us on twitter,we show dem how dem dey troll. even Kenya follow join.
Na only we fit badmouth our country.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2016
BRO IF U HANDSOME LET uA CREATE A THREAD HERE.. POST YOUR PICS I ALSO POST...MINE and people here will judge.. u just dey like to derail people thread angry angry angry
WomanWrappa:

I'm lying tell me.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by WomanWrappa(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
BRO IF U HANDSOME LET uA CREATE A THREAD HERE.. POST YOUR PICS I ALSO POST...MINE and people here will judge.. u just dey like to derail people thread angry angry angry
And you claimed on your interview you're an MSC holder.
just look at the manner in which you murdered our Darling English.

I know I'm not that handsome but you and kinginvahala disrespected the words "Mr Nairaland"
that name is above you people's standard.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
7. Spending hours/days in Church premises

Nigerians are prepared to forgo earning a living just to spend days in a religious place of worship. You find that churches and mosques draw more people than social events that would benefit everyone.
Spending hours in church premises is dumb?huh?undecided
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kullozone(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=adewumiopeyemi post=48586230][/quote] The tooth fairy niggar grin
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2016
thank GOD U JUST SAID THAT NW THAT U NOT HANDSOME......SO PLS move out of my thread.. u can stand beside kingvahala in everytin...angry angry angry
WomanWrappa:

And you claimed on your interview you're an MSC holder.
just look at the manner in which you murdered our Darling English.

I know I'm not that handsome but you and kinginvahala disrespected the words "Mr Nairaland"
that name is above you people's standard.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by MrWhaley: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2016
Very soon,one yeye Mod will take this to front page...everything makes front page these days.

Buh shaa,

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by WomanWrappa(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
thank GOD U JUST SAID THAT NW THAT U NOT HANDSOME......SO PLS move out of my thread.. u can stand beside kingvahala in everytin...angry angry angry
I'm more handsome than you.
if I were you I wouldn't upload those your pictures that look like unkept toilet.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kullozone(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Oga,where did you copy this shii from? With the way you reply, I doubt you can come up with something like this... Sorry oh! That's how i act sometimes ehn..
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2016
realy... then upload.. ur pics and i will also upload mine let people judge... am not making mouth.. people here wil judge.who is the most handsome....
WomanWrappa:

I'm more handsome than you.
if I were you I wouldn't upload those your pictures that look like unkept toilet.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2016
haters every were.. grin grin ;Di no u are one of them
kullozone:
Oga,where did you copy this shii from? With the way you reply, I doubt you can come up with something like this... Sorry oh! That's how i act sometimes ehn..
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2016
welcome on board... cheesy cheesy :Dgues u are of them ryt
MrWhaley:
Very soon,one yeye Mod will take this to front page...everything makes front page these days.

Buh shaa,
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2016
kinginvahala u no see wetin one yeye guy they talk... grin grin grin
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Justnice11: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
10. Following internet trends without proper thought

Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.

Please. The picture you used for this point. Do you know someone that can do something like that for an e-book cover?
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by WomanWrappa(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
realy... then upload.. ur pics and i will also upload mine let people judge... am not making mouth.. people here wil judge.who is the most handsome....
oya
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by MrWhaley: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
welcome on board... cheesy cheesy :Dgues u are of them ryt
PAHDIN?? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Break This Oath? / Guys How Do You Feel After Sexing A Girl You Are Playing / Which Romance Lander Has The Prettiest/handsome Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.