Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

What Is The Nigerian Dream? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigerian Dream? (952 Views)

The Nigerian Dream In One Photo / The Prophetic Cover Of The Victory Of Muhammadu Buhari And The Nigerian Dream / The Nigerian Dream Volume 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Almajiri1: 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
"...Great lofty heights attain"
A sentence from the second stanza of the national anthem........
What do you think is the Nigerian dream?Any takers
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Pavore9: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Food for thought.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by osewaOluwaseun: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mynd44 lalasticala, You have to get this to the front page.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Horlufemi(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
There is no such thing as Nigerian dream unless we define it.

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (Democracy, Rights, Liberty, Opportunity, and Equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.

The American Dream is rooted in the Declaration of Independence, which proclaims that "all men are created equal" with the right to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

We have no such things in Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bro, apologies for my own sincere views. Lately it's been very difficult to think that Nigeria really do exist in the mould of other nations. This is a country nearly no one is willing to sacrifice anything for

I'm no exception. Circumstances have really altered my faith in this nation as a nationalist. In fact, right now I do not consider myself as one

If I had discovered a Nigerian nation, I would be a nationalist and I would not blush for it as though it were a crime. Men who die for a patriotic ideal are daily honoured and regarded. My life is worth no more than theirs. Yet I will not die for the Nigerian homeland, because such homeland does not exist. I have not found it. I have questioned history, I have asked the living and the dead, I have visited the cemeteries; no one has told me of it...One does not build in the wind.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by attackgat: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Almajiri1:
"

What do you think is the Nigerian dream?Any takers

Oil and Gas
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by sinkhole: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Treasury looting, AKA cutting of national cake grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by mcdavies4: 1:03am On Oct 26, 2017
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Almajiri1: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
So Buhari won the election

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Form A New PDP - Femi Fani-kayode Laments / Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan - FFK / Oshiomhole Keeps Telling Lies At His Age, What Will His Children Say? – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.