Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture (17231 Views)

Npa New Vessel Mt Majiya Fighting Fire At Tincan Terminal / "Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / Youths Recover Hijacked Electoral Materials From Political Thugs In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
taaa....my parents have long stopped going to the village because of pirate operations..my problem is the government only acts when it involves oil and cargos but when it involves the safety of human lives they dont give a shiitttt...that is the nigerian government for you...

Na wa o!
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by shaqhead: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2016
midehi2:

and Captain Philips almost got killed
Yeah he almost did but those Navy seals did a number on the pirates!
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by PastorAji(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Foxtrot Golf.......hmmmmm wink wink wink wink wink

Mike November.......i no know that one oooo cheesy

November November....... double tuale baba

I wish all professions have professional slangs like that

btw, I no go near water @all grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lakesidepapa:

The Bill has been in the file of the Foxtrot Golf for a very long time, like 7yrs ago nw. The bill will also favor the NIMASA but they don't have the power over it. It can only be done in the floor of the house of representatives in Abuja.

Mike November need to be recognized,armed and fight against theft of merchant ship on our water way and territory, November November is only meant to deal with attack and threat through water from other countries. That's how it been done in developed countries.
Our leaders are not encouraging at all..
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by lakesidepapa(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
fashrola:

I guess November November are the ones suppressing the file because some oga at the top knows how much they are getting in bunkering their patrol boats in the coastal lines hence Mike November might not come into reality for now.. till when we are ready for such then the National assembly will work on it

Yes you are right, their cup will be fulled someday when we have reasonable government in place.
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by aduje(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2016
kenonze:
Some stories gets me thinking.
How on earth could a large vessel as large as 4storey building be stolen /hijacked?

I am pretty sure you do not know much about the maritime world. Ships are not literally stolen; the pirates usually come along side with gun boats or some kind of strong speed boats, go onboard and forcefully take over the control. The best the crew of such victim ship could do is to run into a strong room (citadel) and lock themselves up leaving the pirates to take control of both communication, navigation and the general affairs of the ship. Safety of the crew is paramount .

2 Likes

Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2016
shaqhead:

Go watch that movie by Tom Hanks so u know how its done-"Captain Philips"

Fashrola,
Sucess001,
Jaido09,
Shaqhead,

Everybody seems to be talking about Captain Philip.

I must see this movie

1 Like

Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by Etizz: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
midehi2:

air language too grin

u right dear but in air they don't have "whiskey Papa Tango" their movement is ahead.... no break..... if u understand.
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by RotrEmmanuel: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
kenonze:
How on earth could a large vessel as large as 4storey building be stolen /hijacked?
please kindly watch the movie CAPTAIN PHILIP maybe u will have an idea of how ships are hijacked by pirates. I understand u barely have idea of maritime world. its not everytime u show how timid u are on nairaland.. bush man
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
RotrEmmanuel:
please kindly watch the movie CAPTAIN PHILIP maybe u will have an idea of how ships are hijacked by pirates. I understand u barely have idea of maritime world. its not everytime u show how timid u are on nairaland.. bush man

Even those living in Sahara desert are forming knowledgeable of maritime world. RottenEmmanuel abi na Rotten egg,
Just N200 alaba pirated movie that watched is giving u the opportunity to talk to ur seniors in contempt.
U have to be very careful okay. Read ur books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by RotrEmmanuel: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
kenonze:
please kindly watch the movie CAPTAIN PHILIP maybe u will understand how vessels are hijacked by pirates, do not show how timid u are on nairaland at all times. bush man
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by midehi2(f): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Etizz:

u right dear but in air they don't have "whiskey Papa Tango" their movement is ahead.... no break..... if u understand.
oh on movement, ok just same code then
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by Sanni45(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
kenonze:
It is very possible..Bt much more easier wit help from d inside.

1 Like

Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by havocypie: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
fashrola:

I can't promise you what I can't do.... There are lot of maritime companies in rivers state you can apply for your cadetship programme, search online and visit their office and also visit NIMASA office and submit your name and you may included in their list they usually send to companies to absorb cadets in their organisation
Re: Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture by havocypie: 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
I've done that severally in Lagos brach of NIMASA, submitted to several offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt yet no call from them.

fashrola:

I can't promise you what I can't do.... There are lot of maritime companies in rivers state you can apply for your cadetship programme, search online and visit their office and also visit NIMASA office and submit your name and you may included in their list they usually send to companies to absorb cadets in their organisation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hired Protesters At Amnesty Office Fighting Over #500(video,pics) / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow / 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.