Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix (14666 Views)

How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria / Between Plantain Farming And Cashew Farming, Which Is More Profitable? / My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
growersfarm:

mail received . I am so grateful . i have replied and awaiting your response.

What type of irrigation system are you using?

Check your mail
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
Happy Eid el Kabir to my Muslim friends...#blessings
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 7:52am On Sep 13, 2016
If you, if you woke up this morning hommie you are winning for real, make your living count #bignumberstalking #letsgooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
Plantain projects for life...#bignumbers #forreal #getinline #letsgo!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
growersfarm:

why is it wrong to plough your farm if planting plantain.?

Because it is smiply waste of funds and it increases risk just like i stated.
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
IRRIGATION

In my opinion, commercial farmers MUST provide a means of irrigating at their farms. Providing a standard irrigation system can push your start up budget very high that one might not even want to provide it. At smartlife integrated farm, we have a local irrigation system that one can still use for irrigation purpose and is less cost effective. Interested farmers can contact me solely for sketch diagram and advice.

TRIMMING

Trimming is very necessary for this technique because it allows easy air and sun penetration into the farm. Due to the closest planting technique it is mandatory to trim weak leaves as often as possible. There are tools used for this even when the plant is not within hand reach. I can provide for existing and intending farmers on request.
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by cleavon(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pilinpaperzgrup:
For maximum land usage, i applied the closet planting of 3per pit technique which is the highest and most commercial technique. If i harvest the same time with farmers who used the traditional technique (1per pit) for a given land space, i will be making three times the profit when compared also i will have an hedge on price command in the market #simplemaths #realhustla #getmoremoney #letsgo!!!!!!

thanks for the trend....quite educative when i read from 0 to d end...can you please explain the 3 per pit technique?
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
cleavon:

thanks for the trend....quite educative when i read from 0 to d end...can you please explain the 3 per pit technique?

It simply means planting three suckers in a pit space meant for one sucker. For prove kindly visit my farm...thank u

1 Like

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2016
#pmanprojects #pmanprojects #pmanprojects #pmanproject #plantainfarming #wayoflife #getwithit #letsgo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by mokset123: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Pilinpaperzgrup:

Bro, thank you for following this thread, i started this to motivate people like you, people who have love for farming but don't no which way to go. My advice are; cassava is more tedious than plantain, cassava is more time tasking than plantain, cassava is NOT more profitable than plantain and YES plantain is more costly to set up compared to cassava but you dont need more than a million to start. I kindly advice you start small maybe 1 acre which will cost roughly 500,000 to set up being that you don't have any slightest idea about farming. Whenever you are ready to come to my farm site, you are welcomed...kindly check ur mail
boss can you break it down what 500,000 would do with plantain on an acre of land
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by UniqueFarmer: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
I experimented with plantain farming on two plots of land i acquired for that purpose. It was a breathtaking success story for me and i am sharing my experience to help others interested in this same venture.

1. Where you get your suckers is vital to your success as the quality of your suckers will determine the quality of your harvest. I got my suckers from IITA Ibadan and even used their recommended handymen for the planting. The results were big and luscious plantain that attracted good market price and made buyers preferred my plantain over other suppliers (buyers testimony). I used the handymen for the planting because i was a plain novice in farming generally and also worked full time so had no time to supervise.

2. Constant clearing of the farm land to protect the young suckers from weed and unwanted grass helped ensure the suckers had sufficient air and space to grow well.

3. Use of poultry manure as fertilizer to help the suckers grow sufficiently. I have a poultry farm so sourcing poultry manure was pretty easy. The effect on the plantain was simply amazing. They blossom like a fattening cow.

4. I subscribed to daily plantain tips from a reputable Telecommunication provider, if you must know Etisalat. The daily content made it easy for me to follow on best practices by other farmers, diseases i need to watch out for and take learning from other farmers. As a novice and not being on ground to see how the plantain was evolving, (i only visit the farm once in a month), the daily tips was a life saver.

I would recommend the tips to others just like me who are interested in creating new revenue streams in Agriculture and would like to do it in a secured and prepared manner.

Text CROP to 33327 for Plantain and other Cash Crops Content
Text POU to 33327 for Poultry Content
Text FISH to 33327 for Fishery Content
Text PIG to 33327 for Piggery Content

Feel Free to share your experience on any of this content.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
uld do with plantain on an acre of land[/quote]

It can go a long way only in setting of the farm. Now assuming;

Land= urs
Land clearing, burning and packing= 50,000 to 80,000 *depending on land vegetation *
Trees cutting= 40,000 to 60,000 *depends on tree population *
1000 suckers x 150= 150,000 *direct suckers*
Logistics = 20,000 *depends on distance *
1 ctn of Nemacides @1,800 per = 18,000
I ctn of gramoxone herbicide = 25,000 *prices vary*
1ctn of pesticides = 21,000
Digging @#50 per pit x 1000 = 50,000 *depends on location/negotiation*
Planting and covering of pit @#40 per pit x 1000= 40,000

...so one needs to get more money to maintain the farm till harvest eg weeding, pest control etc
Also, one must have an open mind because challenges will come that might have you spending money on what is not on your budget
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
mokset123:

boss can you break it down what 500,000 would do with plantain on an acre of land

Land= urs
Land clearing, burning and packing= 50,000 to 80,000 *depending on land vegetation *

...so one needs to get more money to maintain the farm till harvest eg weeding, pest control etc
Also, one must have an open mind because challenges will come that might have you spending money on what is not on your budget

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by mokset123: 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pilinpaperzgrup:

Land= urs

Thanks boss
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
September is half way gone, i am putting work heavy because i have a target for next year....what is your plan? Are you talking plantain farming? Its a grate idea! Let me mentor you to achieve it...#letsgo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
Am talking plantain farming, talking money, big numbers....#pmanprojects #letsgo!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by sp2002(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2016
We have about 200acrrs of land incase u need land for farming here in Ogun state. Call me on 08137775986
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by nigerfine: 5:04am On Sep 19, 2016
Pilinpaperzgrup:
September is half way gone, i am putting work heavy because i have a target for next year....what is your plan? Are you talking plantain farming? Its a grate idea! Let me mentor you to achieve it...#letsgo!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are certainly a wonderful man.i love your spirit. I tried calling you last week, i couldnt get u.i trued sending email...no way. However i happy for all you said so far.which town are you.
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Micolog: 5:30am On Sep 19, 2016
Please can you send your farm location to my email mgoodey@gmail.com so we can discuss when to start. Thanks
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
sp2002:
We have about 200acrrs of land incase u need land for farming here in Ogun state. Call me on 08137775986

Ok noted
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=nigerfine post=49481763]
You are certainly a wonderful man.i love your spirit. I tried calling you last week, i couldnt get u.i trued sending email...no way. However i happy for all you said so far.which town are you.[/quote

Thank you...kindly drop your mail
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Count your blessings everyday, being alive is a blessing...thank God for life #lovelife #loveGod #lovehustling #loveplaintain #everythingplantain #teamlove #letsgooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by sonety2k(m): 1:20am On Sep 20, 2016
cool
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by nigerfine: 4:31am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=Pilinpaperzgrup post=49494806][/quote thanks...my mail keles1003@ yahoo.com.give me your no thru mail.i certainly talk more on phone than writing.]
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2016
5,000 $uckas deep....#everydayamhustling #realshit #winning #letsgo!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2016
Another 7,500 $uckas inn!!! #commercialplantainfarming #amgoinginn #youngandwinning #hybridcameroonsuckasonly #whatelse #doubleyourhustle #newsitealert #newmoneyalert #getinline #amsotrue #teamlove #letsgooooo!!!!!!!!

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by nigerfine: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
Still waiting to hear from you
Pilinpaperzgrup:
Another 7,500 $uckas inn!!! #commercialplantainfarming #amgoinginn #youngandwinning #hybridcameroonsuckasonly #whatelse #doubleyourhustle #newsitealert #newmoneyalert #getinline #amsotrue #teamlove #letsgooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by pdozie: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Thanks Bro
3 suckers per hole is an great invention. The nutrient consumption for the 3 will be high definitely which is why you apply enough poultry waste. But what do you advise if one does not have enough supply of poultry wastes

More so, if your plantain harvests during the time there is glut in the market, how do you handle it? Do you process any? I understand one can cut into flakes, dry and sell to market women - have you tried that?

Please send address to patdozie@yahoo.com
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
nigerfine:
Still waiting to hear from you

Sorry, kindly check mail now
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by Pilinpaperzgrup(m): 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
pdozie:
Thanks Bro
3 suckers per hole is an great invention. The nutrient consumption for the 3 will be high definitely which is why you apply enough poultry waste. But what do you advise if one does not have enough supply of poultry wastes

More so, if your plantain harvests during the time there is glut in the market, how do you handle it? Do you process any? I understand one can cut into flakes, dry and sell to market women - have you tried that?

Please send address to patdozie@yahoo.com

You can use fertilizer or use virgin land the soil nutrients is always very high. Glut don't play a huge row for me, your produce will command your price. Adding value is also very good especially into plantain chips.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by nigerfine: 5:04am On Sep 21, 2016
Pilinpaperzgrup:

Sorry, kindly check mail now
Thanks a mil for your corespondence
Re: Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix by karlxavier(m): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2016
Nice write up. I must commend you on the article that I have read. Please can I have a brief discussion with you. Meanwhile, my email address is karlxavierkarl@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sale Of Poultry Equipment / Ondo Government To Build N42bn Egg Powder Plant In Owo / Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.