Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple (990 Views)

Checkout This Couple’s Epic Transformation (see Stunning Photos) / This Couple's Doggy Style Pre-wedding Photo Got People Talking / Photos Of The Artificial Sex Doll 'samantha', That Has Emotions And Loves Touch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by Bondedman: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2016

When most of us say we’re “going off the grid,” it usually means we won’t have cell service for a few hours. For artists Catherine King and Wayne Adams, it’s meant living on a homemade island near Tofino, British Columbia for the last 24 years.

The couple—he is a carver and she is a retired ballerina, writer, and painter—began building the fortress in 1992 and have since constructed a house, dance floor, lighthouse, four greenhouses, and more. It was all done with a hand saw and hammer; as Wayne told Great Big Story in the video below: “I know every board and nail by name.” The island is tied to the shore and Wayne estimates that it weighs about 500 tons.

The couple has dubbed the area “Freedom Cove,” and their subsistence living involves catching fish, growing produce, and generating electricity with solar energy or, occasionally, a generator . They collect drinking water from a nearby waterfall or through rainwater, and they raised their two kids there.
To get to Freedom Cove, one has to travel by water, but you’re welcome to make the trek: Wayne and Catherine offer tours for inquiring minds.

Wayne told Great Big Story that he never gets seasick and, in fact, “When I go to town I get land sick.” After seeing the amazing structure, we can understand why.

Read more http://www.enzyhub.com/see-the-artificial-island-made-by-this-couple/
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by Bondedman: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by Engrobiorah(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Greedy op
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by Bondedman: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Engrobiorah:
Greedy op
What did I do?
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by mhisbliss(f): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
wao this is what i call true beauty, i could stay here forever but theres alot of reasons why i wont, mosquito, snakes, especially pythons, how quickly i can get access to medical care and gadgets cant do without my phone for an hour, i can do without laptop for a while but phone, nope
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by AyamConfidence(m): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
wao this is what i call true beauty, i could stay here forever but theres alot of reasons why i wont, mosquito, snakes, especially pythons, how quickly i can get access to medical care and gadgets cant do without my phone for an hour, i can do without laptop for a while but phone, nope
repent ooo vain lass... the kingdom of God cometh quickly
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by mhisbliss(f): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
AyamConfidence:
repent ooo vain lass... the kingdom of God cometh quickly
ok you try
Re: See The Artificial Island Made By This Couple by AyamConfidence(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
ok you try
do you know MrCork

(1) (Reply)

Lost My Virginity To Keep Him, But / Man Shed Tears After Girlfriend Dumped Him (photos) / Should I Feel Bad, Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.