Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG (15767 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / Why Osun Will Soon Overtake Oyo / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
"Yawns and scratches balls"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Ini9(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
This is d hand wrk of lai Mohammad. E has succeeded in biting dis man,dia by infecting him wit lies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by jeje123(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Amin oooooooooo
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Fraust40(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hmm...with which manufacturing sector? Running on what? Fuel of 145/per liter? I thought Fashola said he'll handle power within months. After the Army of Suckaway Mouth Odor will come and start talking nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Rastamann: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
I thought they said Nigeria was the last phase of largest economy in Africa during GEJ regime

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Ahmeduana(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
OKDnigeria:
The Federal Government has stated that the country would soon bounce back as the largest economy as been holding the position until South Africa displaced her.

Using the Gross Domestic Product at the end of 2015, published by the International Monetary Fund, the size of South Africa’s economy was $301bn, while Nigeria’s GDP was $296bn

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma, while speaking shortly after receiving the report of the three-day pre-summit workshop from the Infrastructure Public Private Partnership Summit Group, said the country would bounce back in no distant time.

Udoma called on Nigerians to stop bemoaning the lost glory but rather put all hands on deck to support the government in achieving economic development.

He said, “We are determined to turn this economy around and stimulate private sector investments. Losing our position as the biggest economy in Africa should in some way inspire us to work even harder. Sometimes when you are number two, you are actually more motivated to work hard and we should see it as something that should motivate all of us to work harder.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/19/nigeria-will-soon-overtake-south-africa-largest-economy-africa-fg/
FROM 510 TO 296 BILLION DOLLARS, WHAT A BAD WAY OF GOING BACKWARD!
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by tonio2wo: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Clowns, clowns! Everywhere in this government.
You will overtake SA with dollar to naira almost 400?
which kain people be this sef?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Lawcurrent(m): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
the same, it the same thing that I hear. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
Talk z cheap!!! nd do they really think dat south-africa wud nt b working tirelessly 2 retain their position...

.....Btw,let them stop telling us what they WOULD DO nd start SHOWING us what they've DONE!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by isaiahethan: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
OKDnigeria:
The Federal Government has stated that the country would soon bounce back as the largest economy as been holding the position until South Africa displaced her.

Using the Gross Domestic Product at the end of 2015, published by the International Monetary Fund, the size of South Africa’s economy was $301bn, while Nigeria’s GDP was $296bn

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma, while speaking shortly after receiving the report of the three-day pre-summit workshop from the Infrastructure Public Private Partnership Summit Group, said the country would bounce back in no distant time.

Udoma called on Nigerians to stop bemoaning the lost glory but rather put all hands on deck to support the government in achieving economic development.

He said, “We are determined to turn this economy around and stimulate private sector investments. Losing our position as the biggest economy in Africa should in some way inspire us to work even harder. Sometimes when you are number two, you are actually more motivated to work hard and we should see it as something that should motivate all of us to work harder.”
Good dream

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/19/nigeria-will-soon-overtake-south-africa-largest-economy-africa-fg/
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Topam: 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Story

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by tonio2wo: 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
KnowAll:
True that we would soon overtake them if we have not already. Because what u pay for petrol at December 2015 is not what u pay now. So despite devaluation the Naira generated into d coffers of government is more than what it was in December 2015.

I remember my pastor David Oyedopo said something that made me start thinking, he said his church was richer, more resourceful now that d exchange rate was 1 to 160 then than when it was 1 to 1 in the d early 1980's.

So devaluation is not d end of d world.

If I call u mumu now, dem go ban me. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by repogirl(f): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
They will keep deluding their zombies, as if we can't see for ourselves that they are confused and have absolutely no idea how to turn things around.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by OjujuCalabar(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
When you wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Dentmoyin(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
keep on dreaming....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Failures who couldn't maintain the position Jonathan kept us

Afonjas good morning

GEJ's economy was a false growth economy...based on oil prices that were high as $110per barrel from 2011-14.

Oil prices started dropping by mid 2014...and by 2015....they had fallen to below 40 dollars.

If GEJ had won in 2015....you would have been blaming him for failing the economy(or alleging sabotage by the Afonjas and the Alimis).

If oil had gone up to $110 per barrel now....you would be praising PMB.(or alleging that the Afonjas and Alimis sabotaged the economy to stop GEJ from being reelected in 2015).

Fact is.....resource dependent economies are only as good as the price of the resource they live on.Once the price falls...the economy falls...which is what is happening now (and which is what happened from 1982-2003...and would have happened in the 1970's....if oil had not gone up in price then).

Sorry....but you do not want real economic development. You think that the economy is an unlimited ATM from which you can draw money from...without any thought of where it comes from. That is how resource dependent nations think...and that is how they get into debt and into the clutches of the IMF and world bank.

PMB must work to make Nigeria free from oil That is how I would be judging him...by seeing how much he spends on power and transport. If he fails....out he goes in 2019.Nigeria cannot continue depending on oil...which we do not control.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by harlee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jesus christ..omo see lie..wer things cost like mad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by caprini1: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Our almost non existence at the Rio Olympic games just showed how much we've gone down as a big nation and how bad things have become.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by ussy09(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jirate:

Very very Useless.
Over useless

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by otokx(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
The lies are becoming unpalatable

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Udo Udoma the dreamer!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Eibams60(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Tales by noon light.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by iyerikan12: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
pls, don't f4get dat hundreds of pple are dayin of hunger in dis ur administration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by KnowAll(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
k nowAll:
True that we would soon overtake them if we have not already. Because what u pay for petrol at December 2015 is not what u pay now. So despite devaluation the Naira generated into d coffers of government is more than what it was in December 2015.

I remember my pastor David Oyedopo said something that made me start thinking, he said his church was richer, more resourceful now that d exchange rate was 1 to 160 then than when it was 1 to 1 in the d early 1980's.

So devaluation is not d end of d world.

If I call u mumu now, dem go ban me. angry

Just because you can't make a dime during this economic crisis does not mean other people are not making a killing. Even Nigeria as a nation the money shared in July 2016 is unprecedented it surpasses any amount shared when oil was trading at $120.00 per gallon. The simple reasons why there is an upsurge in govt takings is because of the stringet measures President Buhari has put in place. Measures such as the single treasury account , to nipping in the bud ghost workers plus the added zeal and enthusiasm in the fight against corruption.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by akaballball: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
waiting for it to happen shaaa

mean while.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by akaballball: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
waiting for it to happen shaaa

mean while.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by excel101(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oh! So your Govt. cared much about Nigeria being the nation with the best economy, rather than the welfare of the people. What a way to describe the depth leadership. These are the kind of leaders we've in Nigeria, where the position of the country is more valued @ the expense of the people's wellbeing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by cruz419(m): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Dis politician keep making me laugh who do dey think dey are talking to we all see d hand writing on d wall probaly wen baba go slow leave sha,, I laugh in swahili with dis exchange rate abi or d hyper inflation or wat?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Princepoint(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
nurse ur injuries first before taking over

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Miles300: 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Useless govt.
guy easy I can sense the anger from that statement grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by pippimp(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

GEJ's economy was a false growth economy...based on oil prices that were high as $110per barrel from 2011-14.

Oil prices started dropping by mid 2014...and by 2015....they had fallen to below 40 dollars.

If GEJ had won in 2015....you would have been blaming him for failing the economy(or alleging sabotage by the Afonjas and the Alimis).

If oil had gone up to $110 per barrel now....you would be praising PMB.(or alleging that the Afonjas and Alimis sabotaged the economy to stop GEJ from being reelected in 2015).

Fact is.....resource dependent economies are only as good as the price of the resource they live on.Once the price falls...the economy falls...which is what is happening now (and which is what happened from 1982-2003...and would have happened in the 1970's....if oil had not gone up in price then).

Sorry....but you do not want real economic development. You think that the economy is an unlimited ATM from which you can draw money from...without any thought of where it comes from. That is how resource dependent nations think...and that is how they get into debt and into the clutches of the IMF and world bank.

PMB must work to make Nigeria free from oil That is how I would be judging him...by seeing how much he spends on power and transport. If he fails....out he goes in 2019.Nigeria cannot continue depending on oil...which we do not control.

And this is what most Nigerians don't understand or want to understand. If the price of oil stayed the same, they would not be complaining thereby maintaining the illusion of a good economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG by Abagworo(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Whether we overtake or "undertake" in GDP the most important thing is quality of life and infrastructural development which we are far behind South Africa. Hopefully APC government will not tow the path of deceitful largest economy as an achievement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Provide 15m Jobs, 10 Gigawatt Of Electricity - Udo Udoma / Transcript Of Donald Trump's Meeting With Buhari / 8th NASS: Bukola Saraki’s Valedictory Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.