Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo (34275 Views)

Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB / Why Army Has Not Staged Coup Again In Nigeria — Obasanjo / Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Arise01: 1:16am On Aug 20, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he and four other eminent Nigerians brought President Muhammadu Buhari to salvage Nigeria from its current challenges.

He said they took the decision when they felt that the country stood at a crossroads.

Obasanjo said, “Three or four other of us from different part of the country got together and said to ourselves what do we do

“We said what is the problem with us and why are we still not growing. We got talking and knew we needed to do something.

“What do we need to deal with for this Nigeria of ours to become what God has created it to be. A land flowing with milk and honey, that is the intention of God for creating Nigeria.”

The former President, who spoke on Thursday at a reception held in his honour at the Government House, Yola, Taraba State, said so far, Buhari had not disappointed the country.

He said, “So far, Buhari has not disappointed us. I trust him, he will not fail Nigerians. I know he will overcome the challenges the country is currently facing.”

He, however, said Nigeria needed to get its acts right in the area of politics, governance and leadership for the country to develop.

According to the Cable, Obasanjo reiterated his decision to dump the Peoples Democratic Party was final.

He said that having drawn the curtain on his membership of the PDP, there is no coming back.

Obasanjo said, “In the part of the country where I come from, there is a saying that you cannot say ‘good night’ and come back to say ‘good evening’ in the same place.

“So for me, it is good night for the PDP and that is all.”

It will be recalled the former president dumped the PDP in a dramatic manner.

http://punchng.com/others-brought-buhari-salvage-nigeria-obasanjo/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by kossyablaze(m): 1:19am On Aug 20, 2016
Yeye man... Na una dey spoil 9ja

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Not Only to salvage the country, but to render the country useless, And to incur hopelessness to her Youth of Today, Posterity Will Judge You All.

213 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Abeymills(m): 1:28am On Aug 20, 2016
I said it 4 all dis old retired generals crooked vampires very callous when mere mortal wants 2 play God we will c wat will happen in d and

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by rusher14: 1:30am On Aug 20, 2016
I've noticed most people that most monikers that insult, act aggressive and display a sense of immaturity are newly registered.

The earliest would be just after the election of 2015. I wonder why.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by lashout1: 1:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Salvage ko, slavage ni

What you couldn't do, or you didn't see it necessary for 8 whole out of 16 years?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Obasanjo didn't campaign for Buhari to the best of my knowledge. He didn't help him to the presidency. Maybe he endorsed him sha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by chachanga: 2:31am On Aug 20, 2016
Salvage which country OR rather covering his sory arsss in case Mr WAI later wins... tongue

Don't sell us bullshyt oldman.... Go & rest oldman sir.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 20, 2016
This old man should shut the Bleep upundecided...salvage kor savage ni....Mtchewww

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by prosperity2016: 3:15am On Aug 20, 2016
the elders are obj, ibb, abubakar, tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by eleojo23: 3:16am On Aug 20, 2016
undecided
Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by policy12: 4:30am On Aug 20, 2016
Hmmm I believe he meant he and three other looters.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by uboma(m): 6:44am On Aug 20, 2016
Olusegun Obasanjo will be made to swallow his words soon...

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by kgr8mike(m): 7:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Obasanjo should live the rest of his life in shame. He Obasanjo took 8 good years out of the 16 years of PDP's leadership. He did not salvage Nigeria then.

Now a Jonathan who was very sincere and who could not allow himself to be manipulated by him is the one he wants to save Nigeria from.

If bringing Buhari is Obasanjo's salvaging formula, then Obasanjo will never escape punishment and if not now, later and if not by man then certainly by God.

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by kettykin: 7:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Obasanjo took hypocrisy, the same man that gave away bakassi peninsula to cameroon and wasted $16.7 on power projects is talking about saving nigeria

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by blueflowers(f): 7:31am On Aug 20, 2016
Why is OBJ seeking attention these days? He is supposed to be in a monastry praying to God to forgive him for his remaining days on this earth

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 20, 2016
This stupid man shut up your mouth before death take over you. You people destroyed niaja and you made the youths hopeless in this country. It shall not be well with you till you die obj.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by nnachukz(m): 7:48am On Aug 20, 2016
So in your utterly corrupt mind it is you and four other thieves that brought him to power and not the masses? In your mind, you are Nigeria and is you.

25 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by tinkinjow: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2016
There seems there hv ever been a Nigerian that seeks relevance like Obasanjo. Disgusting sombori

11 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by viktagorion: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
"Good night PDP "...

I like that, it is music to my ears.

Rest in peace to the party of bandits, rogues and thieves. They raped us to orgasm for 16 years.

#Never again to PDP.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Daniel058(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2016
OBJ!

1 Like

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by jmoore(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Hian.

This man that single-handedly gave Bakassi away to Cameroon. The oil in Bakassi is much greater than that in Lake Chad.

In saner climes, they conduct referendum. Take a look at BritExit.

White folks commanded you and you obeyed. Nonsense!!!!!!!!

30 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Princefrankie1(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016
I believe in this administration

5 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Rapmoney(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016
I don't just know why this old fool will not keep his mouth shut! Obasanjo's administration was a bunch of disappointment!!!

6 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Taryur3(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Tiri gbosa for chief destroyer...gbosa,gbosa,gbosa.he follow put Nigerians to this current situation.God is watching.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by iambabaG: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
These aged old fools should leave us be jhare.. They are the reason we find ourselves here and if they don't die anytime soon; things won't change for any better!

I still maintain PDP and GEJ was never an option.. #NeverAgain

2 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by oluwasegun007(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
if the likes of OBJ are still deciding the faith of Nigeria,

Then i need to leave dis country as soon as possible.... undecided undecided undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Ajusshi: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Yeah, we know you have a deluded old ape.

3 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by Spells(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Ya'll r as confused as a lost puppy... Boosit politicians

2 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by TipsyDC: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
yes u save nigeria by returning your loot to avoid probe. nigeria saviour of chanjii!! story for d gods

4 Likes

Re: I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo by lielbree: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2016
We need a revolution in Nigeria, shoot and kill all these old bastards angry

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Residents Commend Buhari On 2nd Niger Bridge / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.