Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose (28848 Views)

See Names Of People That Brought Buhari Hardship On Nigeria / "Hunger Haram": Governor Fayose Defends His Stomach Infrastructure Programme / I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by divinehand2003(m): 3:00am On Jul 11, 2016
The temptation to believe that Ayodele Fayose was now also among the prophets of God was a serious temptation last Friday at the rally ground at the centre of Ado Ekiti. On the rostrum was Fayose attired in a flowery T-shirt upon a pair of jeans trousers reeling out bible verses or the Word of God as his defence against the goliaths he claimed were ranged against him. His fight of faith which was intermittently laced with political histrionics was enthusiastically lapped up by the audience that consisted mostly of the working class. His audience bussed in from various parts of the town to Ojumose Roundabout in the centre of town hung on to every word of the prophet who shouted and railed as a prayer warrior in combat against a host of darkness set to entrap him into hell. Fayose fought with the word which has lately become his sword in the increasingly trenchant political warfare directed against him from various quarters.The day before, his antagonists mainly from the local opposition in the All Progressives Congress, APC and some elements of civil society had organised a rally to demand the governor’s resignation on account of what they claimed as his involvement in the arms gate scandal. The response from Fayose, a governor who has proved himself above any other governor in Nigeria history, to be a street organiser, was swift the following day. His supporters mainly the lower cadre of society and artisans in their thousands descended on the streets and converged at Ojumose Roundabout at the centre of the town to hear their prophet’s response.

He was unsparing of his enemies last Friday on the rostrum even as he painted himself and his two advents in 2003 and 2014 with messianic connotations. It was not easy to puncture his claims especially given the extraordinary coincidence in his return to power eight years to the date of his forced exit from power in 2006.

As the rally dovetailed into a walkabout town, with Fayose in the company of tailors, commercial drivers, road transport workers, commercial motorcyclists and different categories of artisans moved round Ado-Ekiti, the state capital in seeming demonstration of peoples’ power.

Following the walkabout, Fayose sat down later in the night for an interview in which he opened up. He spoke on every issue raised by the journalists with the notable exception of on his one time political partner, Senator Buruji Kashamu on who he insisted he would not utter a word. Excerpts:

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

What informed your position against President Buhari?

Incidentally, this year I will be 56. I am a grown Nigerian when President Buhari was president of this country. I was well grown enough to know what he represented. The people that voted largely for President Buhari were under 40 years old because they dominated the social media and Bible says “My people die because of lack of knowledge.

He became president 1984, and you will want to recall that anybody that would say I am 40 years at the time President Buhari contested was only nine years (when he first ruled).

Fighting corruption

Nine years doesn’t know what Nigeria represents and that was why they voted for him because you must know who you are giving your life to – who you are giving your future to.

You must know you are not taking your life to Golgotha. So, as a man who knew President Buhari – then I was in Ibadan. I knew the total misrule of 1984 to 1985 – how the military suffered Nigerians, how a lot of leaders were clamped in chains using decree 2.

So, President Buhari is living true to type. If you look at the way he is governing Nigeria today, it is the same way he did before; by his appointments, by is taking away the right of the people, by doing things without recourse to due process.

Fighting corruption is a great thing. It is good, but anything that does not represent the truth is simply corruption. You’re oppressing some people now either because they are not from your region or because you had issues with them before; it is a mission for vengeance.

So, let me round it up, there is nothing personal between President Buhari and myself. Let us look at the APC, most of the people they were bashing in those days, but when they get to APC they become saints.I have told the people who brought Buhari that they will end up inside his stomach. The story is like the story of a rich man who brought a lion home.

They asked him “where did you get lion from”, he said “they gave me, and they know that I have what it takes to keep it in the house” and people were telling the man, because they were afraid to tell him the truth because he is a rich man; they said this thing is usually not domesticated at home, it lives in the bush.

He said no, it has to be at home. Gradually, the lion became a man-lion.

First, it chopped the man’s children, got out of the gate, went to the surroundings, those who kept quiet and chopped them too. This is one chance government that we have entered under this man. Nepotism is another story; lying upon lying.

In fact, opposition is the strength of democracy. It is where the average man can get value for money. You are trying to silence Femi Fani-Kayode; you are trying to silence Metuh and others. My brothers, where in Nigeria have people contested election, vied for office and not spent money? All the aircraft carrying President Buhari during campaigns, is it cows that were carrying him around?

I want to make it clear that there is nothing personal between myself and President Buhari, but I want to make it expressly clear again to you that what they are doing is not in the interest of Nigeria to cow the people once opinion differs from yours. After all, this state was run by APC when Jonathan was president. They had peace to run their government. Today, if you want to call the police, they are afraid.

Political interests

When you want to use the FRCN, they will say no. The president will not allow. They will go and report us to APC in Abuja. So, what kind of life is that? The FRCN here they don’t carry PDP news. It is that bad!

So, what nation are we building? A nation built on sectional and political interests? As much as you can call Jonathan’s name, the man never took a political prisoner.

That takes me to the issue of salary. I have said it several times. The money owed in this state was not owed by me. I was governor between the year 2003 and 2006; I left N10. 4bn in the coffers of this government when I was leaving; I left hurriedly. Part of the N10.4bn was what I used in the recapitalisation of Wema Bank through Oodua. I came back, and I met this state in debt. Don’t forget I left on October 16, 2006, and I came back again October 16, 2014. That is divine!

But you don’t attend the Council of States meeting to tell the president the reality, why?

Each time they call meeting, my deputy goes there. You remember I was in Abuja, and I said expressly there that they were calling it economic summit; they brought all of us there, but when I saw the list of the people that will lecture us; I couldn’t allow a sick man to be treating me – people I knew ran the economy of their states aground were to be the lecturers in the summit. And when you see the figures they brandished for arrangements and feeding running into over N250m; that is not economic summit. That is economic stealing. So, I send my deputy regularly.

I wrote three letters to the president, none of them was replied. Initially, when he became president, I didn’t start like this. About two – three times I called the villa they would divert my call to the CSO, saying I cannot talk to the president. I should say whatever I want to say to him; a sitting governor? That is not Nigeria. So, at that point, I had to stay clear because they were on a vendetta mission.

The fact that I criticise you; I don’t have to be in your party! The APC, every day they come here to do rallies, they say that Fayose should resign, they say Fayose is fraudulent, did you see me slapping anybody? I will just look at you. There is freedom of expression. Even in the face of intimidation and even in the face of misbehaving, as a leader, you should accommodate all.

Let me give you one instance, which the APC can never do to anybody. Throughout the tenure Fayemi was here, I never used a word that is unclean on him. I tell him he is our leader because anybody God has put there is our leader truly!

Israel nation

When you go out of the Government House, before you hit the road, you will see a building called Women Centre, I named it after Fayemi’s late deputy. That is statesmanship! When Fayemi was to be cleared as a minister, I enjoined all senators from Ekiti to cooperate with him. That is statesmanship! That is leadership! It’s different from politics.

The problem they have is that I am an Israel nation in the midst of its enemies, and as you look at me, nobody can overcome me. That is why if you look at my leaving and my coming back, even when I defeated them, I defeated them in all the 16 local government areas. In Nigeria, I am the first governor to defeat two incumbents. Each time you have an election, it is taken that it is the incumbent that defeats the challenger, but I have always defeated them.

But Aluko is saying a different thing now.

Who is Aluko?

He is saying the elections were manipulatedGoodluck to him sir; they will continue to say something until I finish my government. Your enemies will continue to say something until you get to where you are going. My enemies always take me to the next level. Somebody was saying something when they took me out of office, when I came back they were still talking. When I was to be sworn-in, Aluko was talking because I didn’t make him my Chief of Staff. He said it himself, but I don’t want to join issues with Aluko; Aluko is a small boy.

I am used to all these things. They are petty people. I am the issue in Ekiti politics. I am the first Ekiti man to be governor two times. I spent three and half years the first time, and I have spent over one and half years now, so, apparently, I have served over five years.

I am the longest serving Ekiti governor. These things are not man-made; they are God’s purposes and plans for me! I am their problem, even in Nigeria today.

You said you found money in my account. Yes, it is my money! If you give me money to do marriage, when I finish the marriage, am I supposed to return the money to you?

But you know, they are looking for just anything to log on to the National Security Adviser. They just want to paint me black like they did in 2006. It will not work!

Why are you so confident that this money issue you will get out of it?

I have told you that it is a familiar terrain.

The money in contention runs into billions, can you tell us exactly how much is involved?

They said Obanikoro brought N1. 2bn. And I am telling you; I had no encounter with Obanikoro financially. No money was transferred to me from the office of the former NSA. Money laundering or whatever you are trying to establish is a chain; you must be able to trace the chain of money.

You are faulted for bringing Ali Modu Sheriff to be chairman of the PDP?

I did what I did in good faith. I am neither a perfect person nor someone who can see beyond my eyes. There are physical parameters; Ali Modu Sheriff is a former two-term governor, a former senator, so I feel that I did the right thing.

Narrating his dream

When you recommend me, and I fumble, it is not your fault. Do we blame Jesus Christ for not seeing that Judas Iscariot will betray him? Do we blame Joseph for narrating his dream to his brothers?

A man will do what he would do because we are limited, we may not be able to see through or perceive. I had to confront Sheriff when the issue of Sheriff/Fayose ticket came up. I had to ask how Sheriff and Fayose can contest the presidential election when Sheriff wants to be party chairman. I never knew that the thing was going on until it got to a point that people started saying that he told them that he would make them vice president, including myself.

Everybody realised it at the same time. That meant that the same way we were then trying to help him move from the temporary three months in office to substantive chairman if we were not careful, he would become our presidential candidate in 2019, and we would become helpless. So, this problem is even better now. If you look at his antecedent and all he has been doing, you will ask: is this a life and death issue?

Have you tried to reach out to him since the crisis started?

No! I can’t because I am a very straightforward man. When I realise the facts in an issue, I step back. You cannot talk to somebody who doesn’t want to see reasons.

Don’t you want to become the vice president?

That is a different issue. Even the governorship position that I am occupying now is God’s will for me. I have never seen a man come back after eight years. So, who knows what will happen tomorrow. If you want me to become vice president, it is only God that will make such happen. And you should realise that nobody vies for the office of the vice president. It is only posterity that can put you there.

Do all these controversies not disturb your ability to govern?

Nobody follows a politician without knowing that he or she is able to deliver. For me to come back as governor after years that I left office shows that I have virtues others don’t have. For me to defeat an incumbent in an election shows that I have virtues that others don’t have. Delivering of democratic dividends is the simplest thing one can do when one has the support of the people.

Are you not troubled about what would be your fate after your tenure?

Forget about that because nobody knows tomorrow.

Do you have a succession plan?

I will support somebody because it’s my right to do so, and I will consult widely. I am going to present three or four personalities before the people to make a choice. There is no one who is part of the process of the emergence of a candidate who will not vote for him in the governorship election.

Governorship election

My identity is the common man’s identity, and that is why the elites don’t like me. They feel insulted that Fayose is leading them despite all their grammar. It is not their fault, and I don’t blame them for that but to who God has chosen, He has anointed and to who He has anointed He has chosen.

Your speeches are always laced with Bible quotations, are you born again?

I cannot tell you that I am a perfect man, but I believe in God. I am one man that counts my blessings; name them one by one and thank God for what he has done in my life. When everybody leaves in the night, I read the Bible and look for words that will carry me the next hour. I had the privilege of being raised in a Christian home and my understanding of the Bible is deep. And as God will have it I have a praying mother and a giant in Christ as wife. If my wife tells me that this will happen, it will happen. If she tells me not to fight any battle, I don’t, and if she tells to go on, I do. She told me that nothing would come out of the present battle they are waging against me, and I strongly believe that because it is all about envy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/brought-buhari-ll-end-stomach-gov-fayose/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by omogin(f): 3:34am On Jul 11, 2016
I agree with fayose, tinubu will soon be eaten cheesy cheesy cheesy

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by rifasenate11(m): 3:40am On Jul 11, 2016
Fayose knows that those hiding behind buhari is seeking solace in the present regime. They're smartly hiding from their corrupt dealings and PMB claims he is fighting corruption. Whereas he fight is based on a particular set of people probably those who didn't support him. While the corruption is living and dining with him. Example, In the case of the Halliburton issue , APC Zombies fail to realise 80% of Buhari supporters are PDP strong men for the past years. If he claims to be a Saint let him start with Tinubu, The Grand Master of Corruption who in his regime colonised Lagos state as his family business, and yet he is hiding behind buhari claiming saint. Birds of the same feather flocks together. With this anti-corruption movie APC has successfully brainwashed some Nigerians to believe thier lies, I wonder what it will benefit this nation if our leaders are never going to be honest. I pray that one day we will have the right person we need as president of this country.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Yorubanews: 3:43am On Jul 11, 2016
Like your ponmo stomach infrastructure.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Yorubanews: 3:43am On Jul 11, 2016
omogin:
I agree with fayose, tinubu will soon be eaten cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na you go eat am? Which part?

11 Likes

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by sweetilicious(f): 3:59am On Jul 11, 2016
People are afraid to speak up against the ills of this country because the president is not a true democrat. Nigerians need fayose to help us to speak out. He has immunity and security too. If blacks in America doesn't speak out with #blacklivesmatter, white policemen wouldn't change their policies of killing any unarmed black man. Nigerians need fayose for sanity.

197 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by malele(m): 4:27am On Jul 11, 2016
sweetilicious:
People are afraid to speak up against the ills of this country because the president is not a true democrat. Nigerians need fayose to help us to speak out. He has immunity and security too. If blacks in America doesn't speak out with #blacklivesmatter, white policemen wouldn't change their policies of killing any unarmed black man. Nigerians need fayose for sanity.
1000likes

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by kolaaderin: 4:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Is fayose technically supporting this fight against corruption, this fight will soon go round as non of the corrupt politicians will survive it, be it apc or PDP members.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 11, 2016
A drowning person would hold on to even feathers to stay afloat
didinrin governor

DrabeeyWasHere

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by AlPeter: 4:58am On Jul 11, 2016
Ponmodele ponmoyose can be very funny. Quoting scriptures up and down instead o setting up infrastructures to help his people. Imagine some people listening to him will be hungry

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Yorubanews: 5:01am On Jul 11, 2016
sweetilicious:

What happened to the likes of Peter Obi, T.J Kalu? Are they weak and mute? Now you know Yorubas can speak out. Where are your leaders?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by onatisi(m): 5:17am On Jul 11, 2016
Very soon undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 11, 2016
Pls Ngozi let me pull it out
Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by mkoabiola: 5:38am On Jul 11, 2016
This Fayose is just too strong for buhari to silence.
Buhari has used all parametres to silence him but yet he wasn't deter or discourage.

He is d only oppositon leader now not cos he is enjoying immunity but cos he deserve to speak up..
Even after 2018 ,fayose may not keep silent,we all cannot continue to look in one direction even wen d ruling party is not getting it right.

Fayose is not a coward,though he may talk too much but he deserve to be heard and speak for d voiceless.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by midolian(m): 5:40am On Jul 11, 2016
Cry of a bad loser!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by kitan2015(m): 5:44am On Jul 11, 2016
Oga Fayose...
We shall see who w die first BTW you and PMB...you wished him death from inception... Now you are complaining that he's not a true democrat...
Let put light into this matter..you are trying to use some one that is more greater than you in all aspect of life to achieve recognition and consideration for vice president...
All your slowpoke supporters will soon cry for you because you are going to serve the rest of your life in prison...all I know is that you will pass on before PMB..Bad Belle person

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by MrEverest(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2016
Dont mind them sir, they are already crying in secret but very soon, they will start lamenting openly when the effects of the dullards incompetence hits them harder. We the 5% never had any fate in the dullard in chief, so we are not disappointed!!!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by kitan2015(m): 5:54am On Jul 11, 2016
MrEverest:
Dont mind them sir, they are already crying in secret but very soon, they will start lamenting openly when the effects of the dullards incompetence hits them harder. We the 5% never had any fate in the dullard in chief, so we are not disappointed!!!
Checked your signature then I realized that you Ipob by blood and nature...
Its good shaa its so nice advocating for your new Igwe in town...

26 Likes

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by nnachukz(m): 5:54am On Jul 11, 2016
I have been challenging those zombies shouting Sia Buhari, who claimed and are still claiming he is the best President to please research and tell us one good thing Buhari achieved in his first reign. This man was a total failure from day one till when IBB took over. The records are there but Zombies refused to check before voting. Everything he is doing now, he did then. From his blame game to targeting his presumed enemy in his bias war against indiscipline. He never fulfilled even one promise. His deceit he has now perfected and his zombies in ignorance has been dying daily from starvation and hardship just exactly as it was then. Today, a man has been reported to have used his son as a collateral for rice loan, tomorrow another may use his whole family for same purpose. But when you asked, a zombie what's happening, he will say Jonathan caused it.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by dunkem21(m): 5:55am On Jul 11, 2016
grin
Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by blackpanda: 5:59am On Jul 11, 2016
Pathetic slowpoke!

Go and pay your workers. Fullstop.
Stop telling us story that buhari is chasing u. The President has never for one day responded to you stupid antics and hateful words. Rather it is the evil u planted that is chasing. You didnt even dare claim innocence when billions were found in your account and u are coming here to cry witchhunt. We all know how fayose got to power. We remember vividly the intrigues of the election. We remember the confessions of the perpetrators. So dont come here to feed lies

Fayose your troubles have barely begun
----6MQ4gZI6HXSWs
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="follow"

on

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by onatisi(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2016
nnachukz:
I have been challenging those zombies shouting Sia Buhari, who claimed and are still claiming he is the best President to please research and tell us one good thing Buhari achieved in his first reign. This man was a total failure from day one till when IBB took over. The records are there but Zombies refused to check before voting. Everything he is doing now, he did then. From his blame game to targeting his presumed enemy in his bias war against indiscipline. He never fulfilled even one promise. His deceit he has now perfected and his zombies in ignorance has been dying daily from starvation and hardship just exactly as it was then. Today, a man has been reported to have used his son as a collateral for rice loan, tomorrow another may use his whole family for same purpose. But when you asked, a zombie what's happening, he will say Jonathan caused it.
Dont stress urself . Hunger will open their eyes . Just Wait and see ,by the time their necks grow straight and long like streetlight poles ,they will start thinking

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by lorbah001(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2016
Your yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by Sirmuel1(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Fayose grin

Eku ise takutaku grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by dynamo77(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Uncivilized man... How many phones do you need to survive undecided

1 Like

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by cashreport: 6:51am On Jul 11, 2016
Front page

Material

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by omowolewa: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2016
Nothing brought Buhari on board than PDP's impunity, (Thank God they are re branding), Nigerians were skeptical about him till necessity prevailed.

Those that voted in PMB or voted out GEJ did so on different ground.

Now, let me read the article

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by OgundeleT(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2016
i dont think fayose can do anything meaningful for the ekiti people than fighting buhari till he'll leave office. when you are given four years to rule and you use almost 3years to play politics

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by nnachukz(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2016
onatisi:

Dont stress urself . Hunger will open their eyes . Just Wait and see ,by the time their necks grow straight and long like streetlight poles ,they will start thinking
My dear. I marvel at times. Especially when I read some comments from people who claim to be on the know about this man.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by onatisi(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2016
kitan2015:
Checked your signature then I realized that you Ipob by blood and nature...
Its good shaa its so nice advocating for your new Igwe in town...
So according to ur own intelligence and mental reasoning abilities,everyone criticizing buhari is an IPOB member or Ibo,abi
So there are no yorubas or hausas criticizing him here on nairaland and other social medias
Well done ,in fact you are the most intelligent person here

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose by FagsamPHP(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Dont mind them Fayose, Buhari remains a Certificateless Burukutu Sipping Bastard Dullard!!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abule Ado Estate Crisis: Ifeanyi Ubah & Ekwunife Meet Sanwo-Olu, Sue For Peace / Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge / Osinbajo To Swear-In Ocheni And Hassan's As Ministers Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.