Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo (15067 Views)

"Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN / Buhari Has Not Disappointed — Amaechi / Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by ipreach: 1:54am On Aug 20, 2016
In spite of heavy criticisms of the All Progressives Congress, APC, led administration by many Nigerians, former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday, gave President Muhammadu Buhari a pass mark saying “so far, Buhari has not disappointed us”.

Speaking with newsmen in Taraba state, Obasanjo expressed confidence in President Buhari’s ability to “overcome” Nigeria’s challenges. “So far, Buhari has not disappointed us. I trust him (Buhari), he will not fail Nigerians. I know he will overcome the challenges the country is currently facing,” he said.

Obasanjo also stressed that his decision to leave the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is final and cannot be reversed. He said that having drawn the curtain on his membership of the former ruling party, there is no coming back. “In the part of the country where I come from, there is a saying that you cannot say, ‘good night’ and come back to say ‘good evening’ in the same place. So for me, it is good night for the Peoples Democratic Party and that’s all.”

Meanwhile, the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has appealed to Nigerians to exercise patience with President Buhari saying it is too early to judge him. Pastor Bakare who expressed confidence in the abilities of Buhari to turn the country around for the better, and bring the country “out of the woods”, said there is no pain without gain.

The pastor was speaking at the presidential villa in Abuja after holding a closed door meeting with Buhari yesterday Said he: “It’s too early and just too soon to begin to judge. If there is anything I know about Mr. President, it is that he has a good heart. He loves this country and he wants the country to run well,” he said. But it takes time. I know we are all impatient and in a hurry and I trust we will come out of the woods.

“When you are driving on a wrong direction, for example, you are going to Ibadan and you face Badagry, and you get to Cotonou and you realise you have gone in the wrong direction for too long a time, then you make a U-turn, there will be some suffering you have to go through.

“Pain is part of gain. No pain no gain.” The years of wastage and all that we have done wrong has finally caught up with us. “All we are praying for is wisdom for this government to do things right and to do the right things so that gradually, we can begin to come out of the woods.” Bakare was Buhari’s running mate in 2011 when the president contested on the platform of the then Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/far-buhari-not-disappointed-us-obasanjo/

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by ouzo1(m): 2:29am On Aug 20, 2016
Obasanjo this us you are talking abt I hope its u and Tinubu cuz we the masses no sabi that tin wey u the talk

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by metalDETECTED(m): 2:33am On Aug 20, 2016
Yea ... so far as he is yet to probe you ... when he does, come back and tell us again ...ugly bonobo grin grin

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 20, 2016
na wetin e wan say before.........mtchewwwundecidedlie mohammed's elder brotherundecided

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by eleojo23: 3:15am On Aug 20, 2016
OBJ you are on your own.

undecided

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Poorboy: 3:44am On Aug 20, 2016
From the ugly looking Afonja himself, waiting for the junior afonjas to concur...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by kilokeys(m): 6:02am On Aug 20, 2016
men that used hot palm oil to treat common boils ...

Naija is still ruled with the same ideology.... suffering, death, pain before prosperity...

most pastors nd Imam feels that way too..(sow ur seeds to break curses that are non-existent).

OBJ has enoough money to spend till he drops dead. the present condition of Nigerians gives him an edge to oppress and flaunt his wealth in this trying times.

how did i land in Nigeria, as if been born in African wasn't bad enough. cry cry

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by odiks: 6:07am On Aug 20, 2016
I concur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by lukecent: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2016
So far you re a big disappointment.
How much is dollar to Naira? How much is a liter of kerosene? How much is a bag of rice?
Minimum wage is how much?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Amah70: 6:20am On Aug 20, 2016
With people like OBJ, Buhari, Babangida and Abdusalam still influencing the direction of Nigeria's politics tremendously, is it not becoming a curse to be called a Nigerian?

Anyway, that shoeless Jonathan landed us here by reversing sixteen years democracy gains when he jolly well chickened out and handed Nigeria back to military dictatorship because he felt that government house had been a cage for him for sixteen years.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by kahal29: 6:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Mmmmmh
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by skademzy(m): 6:27am On Aug 20, 2016
since am not in the same league with baba obj... let me just assume baba spoke for his own clique.
... for the hustling Nigerian graduates nationwide, we are loosing patience already

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 6:32am On Aug 20, 2016
OBJ talking about PDP as if he's not part of the people therein. PDP ruled the country for 16 years and out of the 16 years, OBJ was President for good 8 years through the same PDP. He even attempted the third term, which it's vehement rejection by the then party members is what OBJ is still revenging till now.

OBJ is number one PDP problem.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by malenko01(m): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2016
jst a matter of time, I still believed in Bahari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2016
APC will soon understand OBJ, By the time he orders them around, and they refuses to carry out his order, he will then show them the stuff he's made of.

Let's just continue and be looking at them, baba OBJ is playing a game, which will surprise them all, by then, it'll be too late for them to run away from him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 6:40am On Aug 20, 2016
As for Tunde Bakare, I reserve my comments.

However, the man's hypocrisy stinks to high heavens. God is so patient and merciful.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by kgr8mike(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2016
When crude oil was sold @ $170/ barrel we bought fuel at N97. Now crude oil is sold @ $45/barrel and we are buying fuel at N145

This is disappointment of the first order.

By simple proportion we are supposed to buy fuel @ N25.60k

When the raw material is cheap it is expected that the by-product will be cheap also.

This is disappointment. Fashola in 2014/2015 will see it as a serious disappointment.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by mommaade(f): 6:45am On Aug 20, 2016
If na baba talk am then we believe. Afterall he don tell us many things about the president recently

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Well, as for PMB, let's just continue praying he's successful, because if he fails, we Nigerians are the ones that will feel the hardship and if he succeeds, we Nigerians are the ones that will enjoy it.

Though, it seems he's already failing, but with prayers, things can change around.

And if he's hell bent on finishing this country with his outdated policies, 2019 may seem too far but not that far. We'll survive till then and right our wrong. But the problem is........ which party.....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by DropShot: 6:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Bar a few missteps, PMB has not disappointed me.

I am being very pragmatic. I know what other economies affected by drop in crude price are going through and it will be stupid of me to expect a miracle in our own case.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by habiham: 6:56am On Aug 20, 2016
Mumu talk
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by ConqueredWest: 7:03am On Aug 20, 2016
If it is Jonathan, Afonjas would have condemned him because of his 5% root. Out of shame that the 5% will mock the Afonjas to death, Afonjas like OBJ and Bakare are defending him grin

Tomorrow, the Afonjas will be wondering why their prayers against poverty( brown roofs ) are not answered.

When you condemn Jonathan for so called corruption while defending Buhari despite his glaring nepotism, how do you guys expect God to answer your prayers.

This was the same thing an Afonja hero did in the past that put the Afonjas into poverty.

The Afonjas accused the Igbos of seeking to dominate them in the 1950s-1960s only to turn around and implement the 20pounds policy in the 1970s in order to render the Igbos weaker and dominate them forever. This backfired to their detriment cool

Hypocrisy gives birth to poverty (brown roofs) angry

My advice to everyone is that, do whatever it takes not to be an hypocrite. kiss

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by onespecial(m): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2016
Yeye, as he has not decided to look into ur 16 billion dollars power sector scamming of Nigerias.
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by onespecial(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2016
Slavish mentality at play as Bakare is at somewhere else defending the fulani.
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by BALLOSKI: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Sai obj!

OBJ my mentor and spiritual father!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by malton: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2016
Lol
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by ConqueredWest: 7:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Phockphockman tonyebarcanista modath yujin blackseptember Abagworo cyberspace 12monkeys bishopmagic
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Who fucking cares? Obasanjo you don't count either let the country go down with your lies. Stupid people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Femich18(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2016
ConqueredWest:
If it is Jonathan, Afonjas would have condemned him because of his 5% root. Out of shame that the 5% will mock the Afonjas to death, Afonjas like OBJ and Bakare are defending him grin

Tomorrow, the Afonjas will be wondering why their prayers against poverty( brown roofs ) are not answered.

When you condemn Jonathan for so called corruption while defending Buhari despite his glaring nepotism, how do you guys expect God to answer your prayers.

This was the same thing an Afonja hero did in the past that put the Afonjas into poverty.

The Afonjas accused the Igbos of seeking to dominate them in the 1950s-1960s only to turn around and implement the 20pounds policy in the 1970s in order to render the Igbos weaker and dominate them forever. This backfired to their detriment cool

Hypocrisy gives birth to poverty (brown roofs) angry

My advice to everyone is that, do whatever it takes not to be an hypocrite. kiss
How does this your sermon relates to the topic...seems you are obsessed with the Yorubas

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Amah70: 7:55am On Aug 20, 2016
greatgod2012:
OBJ talking about PDP as if he's not part of the people therein. PDP ruled the country for 16 years and out of the 16 years, OBJ was President for good 8 years through the same PDP. He even attempted the third term, which it's vehement rejection by the then party members is what OBJ is still revenging till now.

OBJ is number one PDP problem.

OBJ, a man who destroyed the political party through which he rode to power to become president. Only in Nigeria could a man like OBJ still thumbs his chest in public.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Buhari Has Not Disappointed Us - Obasanjo by omolola15(m): 8:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Resignation: Secondus Not Capable Of Original Thinking - Presidency / GAC Tells Ambode, Others To Face Primary; Says We Have No Preferred Candidate / Banditry: Royal Fathers Know Those Behind Killings – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.