Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:52 AM

It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare (15704 Views)

Why Buhari Sent N500,000 To Judge Accused Of Corruption / It’s Too Early To Panic, Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Fayose / Though Economy Is Sliding One Year Is Not Enough To Judge Buhari - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by DropShot: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2016
Darchangel:
government doesn't subsidize anymore so we now pay thereby allowing it save more money to be channeled back to the economy. na olodo dey first go skul. Dolt!
From which money to save nah? The money Ineffectual Buffoon stole and allowed to be shared among other goats?
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by july66: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2016
henryanna36:
It is too early to judge Buhari’s performance- Bakare:

General Overseer Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare on Friday said it was too soon to judge the performance of President Muhammadu Buhari as change takes time.

Bakare who was Buhari’s running mate during the 2011 Presidential Election under the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), spoke to reporters at the Presidential Villa, after meeting with the President for about an hour.

“It is too early and to soon to begin to judge. If there is anything I know about Mr. President, it is that he has a good heart. He loves this country and he wants the country to run well. But it takes time. I know we are all impatient and in a hurry and I trust we will come out of the woods”

“I will like to appeal to all Nigerians that we should just exercise a bit of patience. This change will not become a chain that will tie all of us down. Change for good takes time and we should just exercise a little bit more of patience. We trust that government is listening and the leaders are listening too and they will respond to the yearnings and aspirations of Nigerians,” the cleric said when asked to rate the performance of the All Progressive Congress (APC) led government.

On the delay in delivering the change promised Nigerians, Bakare said, “When you are driving on a wrong direction, for example, you are going to Ibadan and you face Badagry and you get to Cotonu and you realize you have gone in the wrong direction for too long a time, then you make a U-turn, there will be some suffering you have to go through.

Pain is part of gain. No pain no gain. The years of wastage and all that we have done wrong has finally caught up with us. All we are praying for is wisdom for this government to do things right and to do the right things so that gradually, we can begin to come out of the woods”.

Asked if he supported the call to overhaul the President’s cabinet, he said, “That’s your opinion, not mine. And it is Mr. President’s. He can do what he likes when he likes it. He knows what he has given them. For example, I have not given any appointment to anyone so I can’t judge their performance. But if there are yardsticks and standards given to them and if they have performed below par, definitely, the president would not mind at the right time to do those things”.

The President also met with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, shortly before his meeting with Bakare.

The Speaker was accompanied to the Villa by some lawmakers from the National Assembly including Senator Suleiman Nazif (Bauchi). Dogara who refused to answer questions posed by reporters maintained that he had only come to meet with the President.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/it-is-too-early-to-judge-buharis.html
It must be early Mr Bakare. If it was PDP, you will not wait for 3 months before you shout pull him down for incompetence. Most times the comment of people like you are crowded by partisanship. This is rather unfortunate, MOG.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Rexnegro(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2016
plainol:
It's also too early for this suffering.
that's the price we should pay, so let's hang on the enjoyment will come soon.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by oikelomen(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2016
The pastor should go and chill jor

4 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by refreshrate: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2016
No wonder they asked him to sign resignation letter even before election

Just like obu sanjo always trying to remain relevant unnecessarily.

anu mpama

3 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by refreshrate: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2016
july66:
It must be early Mr Bakare. If it was PDP, you will not wait for 3 months before you shout pull him down for incompetence. Most times the comment of people like you are crowded by partisanship. This is rather unfortunate, MOG.

Don't mind him and his duck mouth.
hypocrite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by buchilino(m): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
After 2years this afonja fake pastor is saying its to early to judge buhari,I hope buhari is not planning to bubu Nigerians in 2019 with give me a second term and I will implement the good plans I had. It won't work o o

MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS DON'T SHARE UR ENTHUSIASM
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Billygee2u: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
greatgod2012:
Hypocrite pastor!

I know that if it's not his pal/buddy that is there, he would have started shouting up and down, calling him different unprintable names, organizing and sponsoring yeye protests against the government all around, preaching against the government in his church every Sunday, turning the altar to protesting stage, etc.

For this man to be a pastor, then, God is so patient and merciful.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Billygee2u: 10:40am On Aug 21, 2016
july66:
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by slawali: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
After 2years this afonja fake pastor is saying its to early to judge buhari,I hope buhari is not planning to bubu Nigerians in 2019 with give me a second term and I will implement the good plans I had. It won't work o o

Oga if election starts now,Buhari will win big mergin so don't deieve ur or making ur self happy that nigerians will vote for pdg.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

Where I live, since the crude crash began and despite that the country uses its earnings more judiciously than Nigeria, fuel pump price has been increased on three occasions.

House rent has gone up.

Prices of consumer goods have shot up by more than 30%

Thousands of jobs have been lost as a result of same drop in crude earning (it's by God's Grace many of us are still employed).

Despite all these, residents understand that all the developments are a result of drastic drop in the country's income.

Don't I have people I send money to on monthly basis? Or do you think if I was sending N100k before now, it will still be that same N100k in these hard times?

We need to be pragmatic and show understanding.

gringringringringrin Ndi mmadu sef
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by deji68: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Is it not the same Bakare that wanted regime change in 2012 because of oil Subsidy removal ? ....2011 to 2012...Same 1 year not enough to judge Buhari but enough for Gej removal cool cool

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

You're empty. All the increases you refer to are a result of govt not subsidizing those products any longer. Go get quality education.
grin

I laughed so hard reading through how you bamboozled the ajebuter girl with fairytales of lies and half-truths ...

1)Can you state with facts the economic development indices as at when PDP handed over to buhari?

2)Can you drop here facts on what buhari is doing to get the economy right especially taking a look on fiscal policy measures and monetary policies as it affected SMEs and middle income earners?

3)What subsidy is paid when landing cost of PMS and crude price is low? So how come PMS is on the high? Or is the economic philosophy of Fashola pre-election ineffective now?

4) To what extent and how has buhari ensured diversification of economy and survival of SMEs which are key stimulants cum drivers for the economy?

5) What's the economic ingenuity behehacking the idea of sourcing for oil in North when economy is in recession and natives are exchanging kids for food?

6) What's the performance of the year's budget especially for capital projects and even 2015 bearing in mind that buhari ruled for greater percentage of the uear ?

7) What's our foreign reserve now and ECA bearing in mind the oil benchmark in 2016 budget? Is buhari saving? cheesy

cool Kindly break down and answer to this thread attached on this one...I need to learn bro wink https://www.nairaland.com/3299148/economy-pdp-dropped-facts-figures

9)So how come Bakare advocated for Jonathan's removal from office during 2012 subsidy removal protest because he felt the policy was anti people and would cause more poverty? Can you compare poverty rate then and now? how many years was Jonathan in office then before he rated hjs performance

10)How come the middle-class grew exponentially under Jonathan and is melting faster than ice on a sunny day under Buhari irrespective of crude oil price also being average within a reasonable part of former administration?

11) How's security situation in nigeria today; a key factor for FDI?

12) What's the economic ingenuity and implication behind running a cabinet without "noisemakers" for 6months? Compare the Economic situation in America when Obama took over vis a vis his actions on swearing in as to buhari action on swearing in till now? Btw Obama had his economic team before swearing in ceremony sef cheesy

13) What's the idea supporting appointment of over 6 propagandists(media assistants) by Buhari with no economic adviser for more than a year...before he now reluctantly picked one now?

Hypocrisy kills a nation...and it's people!!!

modified

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Jobos(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:
Only pragmatic and analytical minds will agree with you pastor.

Let's do a simple and quick analogy:

1. I earned N100k monthly for five years. After spending on family needs and other things, I should have N20k left for savings.

2. The N20k I should keep on monthly basis in those five years, I didn't keep it but was using it on frivolities.

3. Suddenly my salary got reduced to N40k for some reason.

Will I still be able to provide for all the needs of my family as I used to when salary was N100k? Common sense should tell me and those around me that I will struggle BIG TIME while looking for alternative ways out.

Even if a wife expects her husband to still meet such needs after knowing the facts above, people around her will condemn and criticize her for not showing understanding as well as lacking perseverance.

Nigerians need to give the government reasonable time and put things in perspective of the times we are.

Only quote me if you have evidence-backed argument to offer. Not the usual inanities.

Well spoke ,no better way to analyse it.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by fhemmii: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Buhari's charm don catch dis so-called Pastor Bakre or Bakare,Imagine someone in his right mind and after visiting Mr PMB in aso-villa couldn't see or speak the truth any longer but to pity Mr Buhari with all his incognisant and unknowledgeable policies which he has used to bring badluck on this country...

I dey fear for him church members...

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ConqueredWest: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

I laughed so hard reading through how you bamboozled the ajebuter girl with fairytales of lies and half-truths ...

1)Can you state with facts the economic development indices as at when PDP handed over to buhari?

2)Can you drop here facts on what buhari is doing to get the economy right especially taking a look on fiscal policy measures and monetary policies as it affected SMEs and middle income earners?

3)What subsidy is paid when landing cost of PMS and crude price is low? So how come PMS is on the high? Or is the economic philosophy of Fashola pre-election ineffective now?

4) To what extent and how has buhari ensured diversification of economy and survival of SMEs which are key stimulants cum drivers for the economy?

5) What's the economic ingenuity behehacking the idea of sourcing for oil in North when economy is in recession and natives are exchanging kids for food?

6) What's the performance of the year's budget especially for capital projects and even 2015 bearing in mind that buhari ruled for greater percentage of the uear ?

7) What's our foreign reserve now and ECA bearing in mind the oil benchmark in 2016 budget? Is buhari saving? cheesy

cool Kindly break down and answer to this thread attached on this one...I need to learn bro wink https://www.nairaland.com/3299148/economy-pdp-dropped-facts-figures

9)So how come Bakare advocated for Jonathan's removal from office during 2012 subsidy removal protest because he felt the policy was anti people and would cause more poverty? Can you compare poverty rate then and now? how many years was Jonathan in office then before he rated hjs performance

10)How come the middle-class grew exponentially under Jonathan and is melting faster than ice on a sunny day under Buhari irrespective of crude oil price also being average within a reasonable part of former administration?

12) What's the economic ingenuity and implication behind running a cabinet without "noisemakers" for 6months? Compare the Economic situation in America when Obama took over vis a vis his actions on swearing in as to buhari action on swearing in till now? Btw Obama had his economic team before swearing in ceremony sef cheesy

13) What's the idea supporting appointment of over 6 propagandists(media assistants) by Buhari with no economic adviser for more than a year...before he now reluctantly picked one now?

modified

You are a wicked fellow.

See as you finish the Afonja. grin

Truly, hypocrisy kills a people, destroy their progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by fhemmii: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2016
damola311:

I love your outlines.... can you please answer this question....

Did Last administration save or not?

who were those that pressurized the presidency of last administration to spend or disburse the savings?
Dont mind that guy jare,the oil money they claimed was not saved for future purposes ,was it not shared throughout the 36 states,how did those state Governors managed the money?
All they will come out to say is the previous admin. did not save,that they are responsible for the present economic recession.
Blatant lies everywhere just to cover up their mess and cluelessness...

3 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ajebuter(f): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

modified

Ajebuter girl? at over 40? That got me lol..
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by shiimah: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Speaking out of shame... I pity his church members.. This is how he keeps deceiving them...
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2016
Park well joor!..is it until d common man dies of hunger that change will come?..rawbishness!

3 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Abagworo(m): 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:
See the wailing zombies up there crying! grin grin grin

On few occasions that Bakare criticized the current govt, they masturbated over the news here.

And now that the pastor is putting things in perspective, they're crying blood.

grin grin grin

They shall wail for 16 years.

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by DropShot: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
Abagworo:

They shall wail for 16 years.
Amen and amen!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ConqueredWest: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Abagworo Dropshot there is nothing like wailing Zombies

It is either you are a wailer or zombie

3 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by seguntijan(m): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
I have been following closely the activities of this government and whenever I have the opportunity, I try to find out the opinions of people as regards the performance of this government.
I just realised that the hardship faced by many Nigerians is simply as a result of the fact that we have all benefited from the cycle of corruption.
The bricklayer, plumber, labourers, tiler are all complaining cos building construction has slowed down massively cause the thieves no longer have money to spend on real estate.
The car dealers are grumbling cause their cars are begging for buyers. Thieves can no longer spend wastefully.
The private school owners are shouting cos parents can no longer pay outrageous sums and are withdrawing their wards.
I was shocked when I learnt that in a popular private University in Abuja, parents are writing an undertaking at the account section for their children to be allowed to write exams...and it goes on and on.
The fact is, a lot of people are returning to what someone referred to as *'default mode'*. We mostly have been living above our real means.
We have been staying in houses that ordinarily our incomes can't afford. Our children going to schools we can't afford. Driving cars we ordinarily can't maintain. We have been living a fake life all along. Now the reality is before us and we can't accept.

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:
Only pragmatic and analytical minds will agree with you pastor.

Let's do a simple and quick analogy:

1. I earned N100k monthly for five years. After spending on family needs and other things, I should have N20k left for savings.

2. The N20k I should keep on monthly basis in those five years, I didn't keep it but was using it on frivolities.

3. Suddenly my salary got reduced to N40k for some reason.

Will I still be able to provide for all the needs of my family as I used to when salary was N100k? Common sense should tell me and those around me that I will struggle BIG TIME while looking for alternative ways out.

Even if a wife expects her husband to still meet such needs after knowing the facts above, people around her will condemn and criticize her for not showing understanding as well as lacking perseverance.

Nigerians need to give the government reasonable time and put things in perspective of the times we are.

Only quote me if you have evidence-backed argument to offer. Not the usual inanities.

OK, now let's use another analogy,
you apply to Chevron for a contract, and in the contract you are suppose to conduct feasibility analysis to determine if your goals are achievable and also stipulate the time frame too..
some of the goals you mentioned before being awarded the contract included stuffs like:
1. I will wipe out book Haram in 6months.
2. I will pay the youths 5k every month.
3. I will make 1 dollar equivalent to the naira.
4. I will feed school children

the list is endless...
now the time frame you stipulated has elapsed and your begging for more time?

the result of such action only shows failure cause just as Europe is concerned , if CRonaldo is to be paid 600k pounds every week then both partied most obey the contract and no room for excuses.

the biggest problem we have in Nigeria is not our leaders (although the are a big problem) but the gullible followers who only seem to believe everything they are told without proper interrogation,the same can be said in our churches , Tribal differences etc, only makes me wonder why can't we ask our leaders one very important question which is;

"Sir How do you intend to achieve these promises/ goals you have made" only then we can cast our votes rather than voting for someone with the sweeter promises.

Not say PDP are saints cause they are all the same, but am saying let's start by Planing in this country rather than making empty promises we can't keep

5 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ephi123(f): 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
ajebuter:

Good and fair enough analogy..

But do you live in the country?

Do you know know the current prices of essential foodstuff in the country? rice, beans, garri, bread, palm oil, groundnut oil, semovita, refiling of gas, kerosene, coal, beverages, just to mention but a very few?

Do you honestly think or believe if you live in the country and earn your salary in naira you would still stick to your gun and believe all is well?

It was extremely disastrous under the last regime but dude, Nigerians are not smiling at all and this is beyond political , religious or ethnic affiliation..

You should come live here for 3 months without dollar or BP backing and experience what Nigerians are facing..

No duro sibi yi naa..

It's very easy for these paid lackeys to talk when most of them are not even living in the country and seeing the immense suffering people are facing. They have no clue what is on ground and still get their regular payments so how won't they talk. Shameless folks.

Imagine someone NOT living in Nigeria defending Buhari like his life depends on it, well his pay check depends on it so I can understand. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ephi123(f): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ezechinwa:

OK, now let's use another analogy,
you apply to Chevron for a contract, and in the contract you are suppose to conduct feasibility analysis to determine if your goals are achievable and also stipulate the time frame too..
some of the goals you mentioned before being awarded the contract included stuffs like:
1. I will wipe out book Haram in 6months.
2. I will pay the youths 5k every month.
3. I will make 1 dollar equivalent to the naira.
4. I will feed school children

the list is endless...
now the time frame you stipulated has elapsed and your begging for more time?

the result of such action only shows failure cause just as Europe is concerned , if CRonaldo is to be paid 600k pounds every week then both partied most obey the contract and no room for excuses.

the biggest problem we have in Nigeria is not our leaders (although the are a big problem) but the gullible followers who only seem to believe everything they are told without proper interrogation,the same can be said in our churches , Tribal differences etc, only make me wonder why can we ask our leaders one very important question which is;

"Sir How do you intend to achieve these promises you have made" only

Not just gullible followers, but paid followers. No sincere person will turn a blind eye to the current situation the country is in.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by TeamSimple(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
ConqueredWest:
So we shouldn't judge his nepotism.

Afonjas are a disgrace to humanity angry
If you people don't stop your uneccesary insults and accusations on the 'afonjas' am sorry to say, your people and your party might never taste governance at the Federal level anymore.

These same 'afonjas' gave Jonathan so much votes in 2011 and 45% in 2015, my worry is how do you expect the 45% afonjas that voted for your party to feel?

For the less than 5% that voted for the so called 'afonja' party in the East and South south and are being insulted by the afonjas, the afonjas can still do without them come 2019.

What am saying is that if you people still think and dream of governing Nigeria someday, you better reduce your level of hatred.
Two things I know for sure :
* Nigeria is not dividing soon. Not in another 100yrs
*and at this moment of ethnic and religious relationship, the north prefer to go in collaboration with the West than any other.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by ConqueredWest: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
TeamSimple:

If you people don't stop your uneccesary insults and accusations on the 'afonjas' am sorry to say, your people and your party might never taste governance at the Federal level anymore.

These same 'afonjas' gave Jonathan so much votes in 2011 and 45% in 2015, my worry is how do you expect the 45% afonjas that voted for your party to feel?

For the less than 5% that voted for the so called 'afonja' party in the East and South south and are being insulted by the afonjas, the afonjas can still do without them come 2019.

What am saying is that if you people still think and dream of governing Nigeria someday, you better reduce your level of hatred.
Two things I know for sure :
* Nigeria is not dividing soon. Not in another 100yrs
*and at this moment of ethnic and religious relationship, the north prefer to go in collaboration with the West than any other.

Your opinion holds no water.

If you think Nigeria will survive the exclusion of Igbos from occupying that presidency, pls continue and see a repeat of Soviet Union collapse in Africa
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
ajebuter:

Ajebuter girl? at over 40? That got me lol..

Sorry for that...I thought you were a girl seeing the meekness of a lamb with which you swallowed the lies wink

My apologies all same Madam... cheesy
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by MidasKinki: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
Email. Midasbarrack@gmail.com

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Izonpikin: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
fearless2014:
Bakare is a bigotted hypocrite !!

This was the same man that was dancing to Eedris' 'Nigeria jagajaga' at Ojota and at the same spot spewing thrash against GEJ & NOI fuel subsidy removal policy.

Nigerians beware of hypocrites.
hehehehe...talk about hypocrisy then call on bakare..now he isn't playing the jaga jaga song rather he is playing the "be patient song"... grin...

I always tell modern day christendom "never mix religion and politics"..one would always end up partisan and hypocritical...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Flags Off His Re-Election Campaign In Anambra (Photo) / MKO Abiola: Lagos, Ogun Declare June 12 Public Holiday / Bayo Onanuga: Forget The Polls, No Rerun, Tinubu Will Win At First Ballot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.