Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,282 members, 7,957,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare (15713 Views)

Why Buhari Sent N500,000 To Judge Accused Of Corruption / It’s Too Early To Panic, Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Fayose / Though Economy Is Sliding One Year Is Not Enough To Judge Buhari - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by TeamSimple(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Your opinion holds no water.

If you think Nigeria will survive the exclusion of Igbos from occupying that presidency, pls continue and see a repeat of Soviet Union collapse in Africa
Time will tell. Happy Sunday.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by tayoalone(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:
Only pragmatic and analytical minds will agree with you pastor.

Let's do a simple and quick analogy:

1. I earned N100k monthly for five years. After spending on family needs and other things, I should have N20k left for savings.

2. The N20k I should keep on monthly basis in those five years, I didn't keep it but was using it on frivolities.

3. Suddenly my salary got reduced to N40k for some reason.

Will I still be able to provide for all the needs of my family as I used to when salary was N100k? Common sense should tell me and those around me that I will struggle BIG TIME while looking for alternative ways out.

Even if a wife expects her husband to still meet such needs after knowing the facts above, people around her will condemn and criticize her for not showing understanding as well as lacking perseverance.

Nigerians need to give the government reasonable time and put things in perspective of the times we are.

Only quote me if you have evidence-backed argument to offer. Not the usual inanities.
I love your analogy. Its on point. However, with a reduced salary one should spend less on ALL bills. I dont think the govt is doing that right now. Take for example the lavish living still displayed by the law makers. They did not reduce their expenditure . They still continue to insert questionable figures in the budget. I was with APC before just because of Buhari. While I am now confused about his real person I am so convinced that unless all leaders at all levels in this country really embrace frugality in terms of our national revenue, this country has a long way to go. Besides, my brother, the only person pastor Bakare can boldly say he trust is the president. So what happens to Nigeria when Buhari is no longer in charge ? We need to institutionalise discipline in this country. It has to be part of our enduring system. Not a campaign gimmicks of one party. And to tell you the truth, we all fell for it.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Montaque(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

Where I live, since the crude crash began and despite that the country uses its earnings more judiciously than Nigeria, fuel pump price has been increased on three occasions.

House rent has gone up.

Prices of consumer goods have shot up by more than 30%

Thousands of jobs have been lost as a result of same drop in crude earning (it's by God's Grace many of us are still employed).

Despite all these, residents understand that all the developments are a result of drastic drop in the country's income.

Don't I have people I send money to on monthly basis? Or do you think if I was sending N100k before now, it will still be that same N100k in these hard times?

We need to be pragmatic and show understanding.

I was taking you serious until I learnt you don't live in Nigeria,presently.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Forwetinnah: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
..by 2019 it will still be extremely early. Otondo!!

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by thedarkside: 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
ooohhhh yes...he shall be judged now already.....make him dont think because we like him,he can get lazy like obasanjo and jonathan.....

come 2019,,,,its me,my vote and i......i would even give my vote to a donkey,if that make things easier for me to survive this world....
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
After 2years this afonja fake pastor is saying its to early to judge buhari,I hope buhari is not planning to bubu Nigerians in 2019 with give me a second term and I will implement the good plans I had. It won't work o o

guy u be goat o. u fit rule country, why his predecessors no change nigeria if they fit. instead of u to carry hoe and cutlass and farm u dey run mouth for here because u use cheat get mb. oloriburuku
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Mikesmd(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

1. I earned N100k monthly for five years. After spending on family needs and other things, I should have N20k left for savings.

2. The N20k I should keep on monthly basis in those five years, I didn't keep it but was using it on frivolities.

Will I still be able to provide for all the needs of my family as I used to when salary was N100k? Common sense should tell me and those around me that I will struggle BIG TIME while looking for alternative ways out.

Even if a wife expects her husband to still meet such needs after knowing the facts above, people around her will condemn and criticize her for not showing understanding as well as lacking perseverance.

Nigerians need to give the government reasonable time and put things in perspective of the times we are.

Only quote me if you have evidence-backed argument to offer. Not the usual inanities.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Fellywood(m): 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

I laughed so hard reading through how you bamboozled the ajebuter girl with fairytales of lies and half-truths ...

1)Can you state with facts the economic development indices as at when PDP handed over to buhari?

2)Can you drop here facts on what buhari is doing to get the economy right especially taking a look on fiscal policy measures and monetary policies as it affected SMEs and middle income earners?

3)What subsidy is paid when landing cost of PMS and crude price is low? So how come PMS is on the high? Or is the economic philosophy of Fashola pre-election ineffective now?

4) To what extent and how has buhari ensured diversification of economy and survival of SMEs which are key stimulants cum drivers for the economy?

5) What's the economic ingenuity behehacking the idea of sourcing for oil in North when economy is in recession and natives are exchanging kids for food?

6) What's the performance of the year's budget especially for capital projects and even 2015 bearing in mind that buhari ruled for greater percentage of the uear ?

7) What's our foreign reserve now and ECA bearing in mind the oil benchmark in 2016 budget? Is buhari saving? cheesy

cool Kindly break down and answer to this thread attached on this one...I need to learn bro wink https://www.nairaland.com/3299148/economy-pdp-dropped-facts-figures

9)So how come Bakare advocated for Jonathan's removal from office during 2012 subsidy removal protest because he felt the policy was anti people and would cause more poverty? Can you compare poverty rate then and now? how many years was Jonathan in office then before he rated hjs performance

10)How come the middle-class grew exponentially under Jonathan and is melting faster than ice on a sunny day under Buhari irrespective of crude oil price also being average within a reasonable part of former administration?

11) How's security situation in nigeria today; a key factor for FDI?

12) What's the economic ingenuity and implication behind running a cabinet without "noisemakers" for 6months? Compare the Economic situation in America when Obama took over vis a vis his actions on swearing in as to buhari action on swearing in till now? Btw Obama had his economic team before swearing in ceremony sef cheesy

13) What's the idea supporting appointment of over 6 propagandists(media assistants) by Buhari with no economic adviser for more than a year...before he now reluctantly picked one now?

Hypocrisy kills a nation...and it's people!!!

modified
Bros, that is why these people ARE zombies...leave them; they are brain DEAD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by iyerikan12: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
Don't forget that you're among the people that judged Late Alh Musa Yar 'adua when he was the present of this country. The question is that : how long does he spent on that sit?. So, is too late to judge him (PMB).

2 Likes

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Deen77: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
aressssa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrsjqTE_p8

The truth is coming out finnaly.. but it's too late for all that, you don't have to tell us Jona got us in trouble, you were part of it, you contributed by colluding with the same Jona you are now throwing under the bus by stealing and handing over our money to Dasuki to share with the whole of PDP..

Better late than never sha..

I need the video, you are bless, they will soon ban you.

Our journalist are not helping matters, I expect a Nigeria journalist to have interview this woman.

With crude at $100 above, she withdraw $13 billion from reserve another $10 billion from the FG share ECA and borrowing of over $40 billion debt on Nigeria.

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Deen77: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
989900:

Guys like him are intellectually helpless, their only haven, because apparently they can't just shut up, is to take the tribal route.

Mr, what is your problem? The same Yoruba vote Jonathan 2011 and he failed.

Read Angola news below, what has Jonathan did with our Oil Boom except importing petroleum products an essential commodities to run our economy without looking inward for local refining to stop wasting our forex on importation.

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by 989900: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Deen77:

[s]
Mr, what is your problem? The same Yoruba vote Jonathan 2011 and he failed.

Read Angola news below, what has Jonathan did with our Oil Boom except importing petroleum products an essential commodities to run our economy without looking inward for local refining to stop wasting our forex on importation.[/s]

And your point again?
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Deen77: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

Where I live, since the crude crash began and despite that the country uses its earnings more judiciously than Nigeria, fuel pump price has been increased on three occasions.

House rent has gone up.

Prices of consumer goods have shot up by more than 30%

Thousands of jobs have been lost as a result of same drop in crude earning (it's by God's Grace many of us are still employed).

Despite all these, residents understand that all the developments are a result of drastic drop in the country's income.

Don't I have people I send money to on monthly basis? Or do you think if I was sending N100k before now, it will still be that same N100k in these hard times?

We need to be pragmatic and show understanding.

Thank you, they don't like the truth.

Instead of building a refinery with Oil boom, our leaders are busy wasting our forex on importation of petroleum products instead of building a refinery and refine locally and save the forex for future generations.

Remove dollar spend on importing petroleum products an essential commodities today the scarcity of dollar will disappear.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Deen77: 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
ajebuter:

Good and fair enough analogy..

But do you live in the country?

Do you know know the current prices of essential foodstuff in the country? rice, beans, garri, bread, palm oil, groundnut oil, semovita, refiling of gas, kerosene, coal, beverages, just to mention but a very few?

Do you honestly think or believe if you live in the country and earn your salary in naira you would still stick to your gun and believe all is well?

It was extremely disastrous under the last regime but dude, Nigerians are not smiling at all and this is beyond political , religious or ethnic affiliation..

You should come live here for 3 months without dollar or BP backing and experience what Nigerians are facing..

No duro sibi yi naa..

Our leaders failed, simple. Read about Angola bellow from Washington post, an American news outlet.

Why will a country with crude be Importing petroleum products an essential commodities for 16 years of democracy wasting our forex instead of building a refinery to refine locally.

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Deen77: 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
989900:

And your point again?

Go back to farm.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by 989900: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Deen77:

Go back to farm.

GFYS kiddo, you'r done lost your mind.

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by tiwiex(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

Don't use others' shortcomings to justify your folly.

grin grin

Is that your best defence?
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by obailala(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
kgr8mike:
May be the members of his church are not complaining.

May be the fuel prize is not affecting them?

May be the cost of food items that have gone to the high heavens are not close to his door post.

May be the number of job losses did not affect his members.

May be, may be, may be..
Maybe it could be that members of his church are just enlightened enough to know that the current state of things in the country is inevitable and has nothing to do with Buhari's performance or non-performance. So yeah, unlike the intentionally and unintentionally unreasonable people all over the place lamenting and cursing as if it makes their lives any better, maybe his church members are reasonable people; how avout that?
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by moonraker(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
lol this Bleep boy has sold out... He needs to go and sit down somewhere...

I dont expect Nigeria to change over night however, there is a way to handle issues that instills confidence from your citizens...

Buhari has done absolutely nothing.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by moonraker(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

Good, except your seeing things from one angle... What about the common man on the streets that has sought change for a long time.. pretty sure he or she doesnt hve such luxury as your clear flawed analogy has shown. Again, Nigeria isnt going to change over night, however there are policies that need to be laid down by the government to give hope to the people that elected them that things will eventually change. Frm where i am seated, i dont see that confident booster.

If you need evidence, look at your athletes at the just concluded olympics. Yet, everyone were expecting them to win Gold medals?? shior

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by DropShot: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
[s]
moonraker:

Good, except your seeing things from one angle... What about the common man on the streets that has sought change for a long time.. pretty sure he or she doesnt hve such luxury as your clear flawed analogy has shown. Again, Nigeria isnt going to change over night, however there are policies that need to be laid down by the government to give hope to the people that elected them that things will eventually change. Frm where i am seated, i dont see that confident booster.

If you need evidence, look at your athletes at the just concluded olympics. Yet, everyone were expecting them to win Gold medals?? shior
[/s]
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by CriticMaestro: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Untill we are all dead abi Tunde bakarista u r mad #0fficially
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by shellman: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
greatgod2012:
Hypocrite pastor!

I know that if it's not his pal/buddy that is there, he would have started shouting up and down, calling him different unprintable names, organizing and sponsoring yeye protests against the government all around, preaching against the government in his church every Sunday, turning the altar to protesting stage, etc.
But let's face facts Pastor Tunde Bakare is being objective &analytical that President Buhari is honest in his dealing with governance He is not the one to condone &accommodate corruption If Jonathan had performed like this we would not be where we are Even terrorists&criminals had access to our treasury These are the problems that have engaged the attention of President Buhari giving the impression that he is slow to respond May we never be cursed with.a calamity that will produce another Jonathan in this country again!

For this man to be a pastor, then, God is so patient and merciful.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by aressssa: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
damola311:

Did Last administration save or not?

who were those that pressurized the presidency of last administration to spend or disburse the savings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrsjqTE_p8

1. Jona did not save 1 kobo

2. Jona was borrowing billions to pay salary when oil was selling for $80 so what do you expect with oil selling for $30-40?

3. Jona was the commander in chef and the buck stops with him, not other people..

Find better, sane, logical and intelligent excuse to peddle..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Slimpotter(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

You reason rationally i like ur sense of wisdom
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by Darchangel(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
DropShot:

From which money to save nah? The money Ineffectual Buffoon stole and allowed to be shared among other goats?
chai chai chai, bros u disappoint me big time! from the day subsidy was removed and pump price of fuel, kero and gas increased government saves 58 naira on each litre of fuel bought. now do the maths on how many litres of fuel consumed a day not to talk of months now. I only made this assumption on fuel alone. leave jona out of this!

1 Like

Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by emachij89: 4:10am On Aug 22, 2016
NOI said Nigerian govt lacked the political will to save and not just Jona! This govt she was refering to I suppose is primarily made up of the governors forum led by RCA who stormed Aso rock threatening to shut down d govt if the money from excess crude sells were not immidiately shared! Pls let's get d facts. However, reduction in oil price is not basically responsible for d suffering of Nigerians! Was is oil price that jacked up tuition fees of federal govt colleges by 400%? From N20000 to over N80000, shut up electricity tarrif by 45%? Increased bank lending rate in a time of reccession? Banned rice importation without any plan for proper local options? Etc. These are the actual things making Nigerians to suffer!
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by DropShot: 5:54am On Aug 22, 2016
Darchangel:
chai chai chai, bros u disappoint me big time! from the day subsidy was removed and pump price of fuel, kero and gas increased government saves 58 naira on each litre of fuel bought. now do the maths on how many litres of fuel consumed a day not to talk of months now. I only made this assumption on fuel alone. leave jona out of this!
Saving 58 naira that could have been used to subsidize a litre doesn't mean govt makes a gain of 58 naira per litre.
I know that even with quality education it's difficult to understand that when it's reported govt saves certain amount by avoiding to spend on something such as subsidy, not everyone will understand that the stmnt doesn't mean that govt has such money is a safe. It actually means govt has avoided spending needless money on subsidy.

Similarly, if it's reported a govt has lost N10mn due to security situation in a place for example, it doesn't necessarily mean that the govt lost the money to thieves or criminals. It could just be that the security situation has prevented investments that could have brought additional N10mn to the govt.

Still need further clarifications?
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by DropShot: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2016
emachij89:
NOI said Nigerian govt lacked the political will to save and not just Jona! This govt she was refering to I suppose is primarily made up of the governors forum led by RCA who stormed Aso rock threatening to shut down d govt if the money from excess crude sells were not immidiately shared! Pls let's get d facts. However, reduction in oil price is not basically responsible for d suffering of Nigerians! Was is oil price that jacked up tuition fees of federal govt colleges by 400%? From N20000 to over N80000, shut up electricity tarrif by 45%? Increased bank lending rate in a time of reccession? Banned rice importation without any plan for proper local options? Etc. These are the actual things making Nigerians to suffer!
No disrespect is intended, how old are you please. A range will do.
Re: It Is Too Early To Judge Buhari’s Performance- Bakare by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Darchangel:
Hmmmm! Sooo much for being educated! Pple like u will still be cAlling PMB a dullard while being the chief dullard. Well dropshot has taken pain and valuable time to educate u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Begins Shortlisting Candidates For 500,000 Jobs – Lai Mohammed / CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.