Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP (4071 Views)

Lady Compares Nigeria Under PDP And APC On Facebook / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by balatukur: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Abuja – The crises bedeviling the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have been blamed on the adoption of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to fly the flag of the PDP in 2019. Abubakar was the vice president during the eight years in which President Olusegun Obasanjo ran the country under the platform of the PDP. A member of the G-34, which saw to the formation of the PDP, the former vice president used his financial war chest to see to the success of the party until schism and internal bickering in the Presidency made him join the opposition. But things appeared to have changed as emerging facts show that PDP governors and other notable leaders in the party may have identified him as the most viable candidate to wrest power from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2015 presidential fiasco. Independent gathered that some hawks in the troubled party had conceived earlier in the year that ex-president and current African most celebrated democratic icon, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan might be the ideal candidate due to his rising domestic and international stocks but he turned it down, advising that the leaders of the party should search more broadly. Jonathan was said to have been approached by the controversial factional chairman of the party, Ali Modu-Sheriff to provide N3 trillion so that he could be adopted as the party’s sole candidate when “the time was ripe,” a source in the National Working Committee told Independent. Even though the source could not clarify if Jonathan was personally informed, he was sure the former president knew and when reports were brought back that the former president was not disposed to ruling the country again, “Sheriff started to nurse the ambition. That was why he manipulated some current PDP governors to adopt him until 2018 when he would step down as the party’s chairman and be adopted as the sole candidate to run for president.” But things did not work out, the source said, adding that in one of the meetings held at the residence of a former senator from the north central zone, Mr Sheriff’s calculations were immediately uncovered. “His calculations were made clear at the meetings. So moves were made to first unify the northern PDP members and then reach out to the south. The knock out blow was the shrewd role of Senator Ibrahim Mantu and former Minister, Professor Jerry Gana, who stuck to their guns and informed PDP governors and other members of what was in the offing. “At the first Port Harcourt’s conference, the table turned as Rivers State and Ekiti State governors quickly aligned with the Mantu group and left Modu- Sheriff alone,” the source explained. “Once that was achieved amid erroneous courts judgement that were obtained by Modu-Sheriff, the need to quickly shop for ideal candidates started. At a meeting in the governor’s lodge of one of the south south states, it was agreed that two PDP members who decamped to APC were ideal candidates.” The source explained that the two mentioned were Atiku and Senate President Bukola Saraki. To achieve this, a more amenable and corrupt-free party chairman must be chosen. “The need to zone it to the south was strategic just like the need to zone the party’s candidate to the north was,” another source explained. “The calculations were not to scheme out people but to let a popular candidate win and that popular candidate, by the governors calculations who are scheming to clear the way for Atiku, was Jimi Agbaje. The PDP governors accepted him without a dissenter. And he is not running for the Alausa office again.” Sources then told Independent that the governors settled for Atiku owing to his complete understanding of the political process, broad political space he has created, stupendous financial possession and his position on key issues plaguing the nation – true federalism. “He is for true federalism. The larger south sees him as one of theirs. Far above that, his acceptance to provide a whopping N3 trillion for the party since PDP is no longer in power and would compete against federal resources was far seen as an incentive than anything else,” the source averred. According to the plan, Abubakar would officially decamp early next year after all the party’s structures have been created. A lot of consultations are ongoing such that once he decamps, “about 30 political parties would adopt him to send a strong message of his acceptability.” According to another source in the PDP’s National Executive Committee, Abubakar prefers to use the platform he helped to form, he nurtured and “served in as a VP. Far from that, you can see the disenchantment in the nation. Even the APC is bogged down with internal crisis. The party is disappearing because of infighting. PDP did not witness this when it was in power. While it had crisis, the party’s chairman was not made to look like a little and confused boy as you see in APC. “But the APC’s undoing is their unreadiness to lead the country. The indices are against them. Nothing is working. Even those ruling us are hungry and angry, could you imagined? That is why they are confused and Nigerians are against them. “Would you run under such a crazy platform? Abubakar I know would not accept that. In no time, he would come back home because the PDP is his home. He would come with over 300 Atiku Abubakar support groups. Do you know what that means? With last Wednesday’s Federal High Court ruling in Abuja barring Modu-Sheriff from parading himself as the PDP chairman, sources say a new convention date might be announced and the venue could be changed to Abuja. This hint emerged on Friday as almost all PDP bigwigs gathered in Abia State for late Chief Ojo Madueke’s interment. Leaders of the party, a particular source said would discuss the last Wednesday’s botched party convention in Port Hacourt informally and seek for a short date for “a mother of all convention.” http://independentnig.com/375708-2/
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by sarrki(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2016
DOD

Dead On Arrival

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2016
ok
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by LORDOFAFONJAS: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Heaven knows i am going to lead Atiku's campaign team on Nairaland, and also enusre he comes out successful

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Atiku and political prostitution are

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by sarrki(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
Heaven knows i am going to lead Atiku's campaign team on Nairaland, and also enusre he comes out successful
Atiku that can't win his state ? Is that the candidate you want to sell to us on nairaland?

6 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Tunami(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2016
Recycling of same old people.
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by aalangel(f): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2016
balatukur:
Abuja – The crises bedeviling the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have been blamed on the adoption of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to fly the flag of the PDP in 2019. Abubakar was the vice president during the eight years in which President Olusegun Obasanjo ran the country under the platform of the PDP. A member of the G-34, which saw to the formation of the PDP, the former vice president used his financial war chest to see to the success of the party until schism and internal bickering in the Presidency made him join the opposition. But things appeared to have changed as emerging facts show that PDP governors and other notable leaders in the party may have identified him as the most viable candidate to wrest power from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2015 presidential fiasco. Independent gathered that some hawks in the troubled party had conceived earlier in the year that ex-president and current African most celebrated democratic icon, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan might be the ideal candidate due to his rising domestic and international stocks but he turned it down, advising that the leaders of the party should search more broadly. Jonathan was said to have been approached by the controversial factional chairman of the party, Ali Modu-Sheriff to provide N3 trillion so that he could be adopted as the party’s sole candidate when “the time was ripe,” a source in the National Working Committee told Independent. Even though the source could not clarify if Jonathan was personally informed, he was sure the former president knew and when reports were brought back that the former president was not disposed to ruling the country again, “Sheriff started to nurse the ambition. That was why he manipulated some current PDP governors to adopt him until 2018 when he would step down as the party’s chairman and be adopted as the sole candidate to run for president.” But things did not work out, the source said, adding that in one of the meetings held at the residence of a former senator from the north central zone, Mr Sheriff’s calculations were immediately uncovered. “His calculations were made clear at the meetings. So moves were made to first unify the northern PDP members and then reach out to the south. The knock out blow was the shrewd role of Senator Ibrahim Mantu and former Minister, Professor Jerry Gana, who stuck to their guns and informed PDP governors and other members of what was in the offing. “At the first Port Harcourt’s conference, the table turned as Rivers State and Ekiti State governors quickly aligned with the Mantu group and left Modu- Sheriff alone,” the source explained. “Once that was achieved amid erroneous courts judgement that were obtained by Modu-Sheriff, the need to quickly shop for ideal candidates started. At a meeting in the governor’s lodge of one of the south south states, it was agreed that two PDP members who decamped to APC were ideal candidates.” The source explained that the two mentioned were Atiku and Senate President Bukola Saraki. To achieve this, a more amenable and corrupt-free party chairman must be chosen. “The need to zone it to the south was strategic just like the need to zone the party’s candidate to the north was,” another source explained. “The calculations were not to scheme out people but to let a popular candidate win and that popular candidate, by the governors calculations who are scheming to clear the way for Atiku, was Jimi Agbaje. The PDP governors accepted him without a dissenter. And he is not running for the Alausa office again.” Sources then told Independent that the governors settled for Atiku owing to his complete understanding of the political process, broad political space he has created, stupendous financial possession and his position on key issues plaguing the nation – true federalism. “He is for true federalism. The larger south sees him as one of theirs. Far above that, his acceptance to provide a whopping N3 trillion for the party since PDP is no longer in power and would compete against federal resources was far seen as an incentive than anything else,” the source averred. According to the plan, Abubakar would officially decamp early next year after all the party’s structures have been created. A lot of consultations are ongoing such that once he decamps, “about 30 political parties would adopt him to send a strong message of his acceptability.” According to another source in the PDP’s National Executive Committee, Abubakar prefers to use the platform he helped to form, he nurtured and “served in as a VP. Far from that, you can see the disenchantment in the nation. Even the APC is bogged down with internal crisis. The party is disappearing because of infighting. PDP did not witness this when it was in power. While it had crisis, the party’s chairman was not made to look like a little and confused boy as you see in APC. “But the APC’s undoing is their unreadiness to lead the country. The indices are against them. Nothing is working. Even those ruling us are hungry and angry, could you imagined? That is why they are confused and Nigerians are against them. “Would you run under such a crazy platform? Abubakar I know would not accept that. In no time, he would come back home because the PDP is his home. He would come with over 300 Atiku Abubakar support groups. Do you know what that means? With last Wednesday’s Federal High Court ruling in Abuja barring Modu-Sheriff from parading himself as the PDP chairman, sources say a new convention date might be announced and the venue could be changed to Abuja. This hint emerged on Friday as almost all PDP bigwigs gathered in Abia State for late Chief Ojo Madueke’s interment. Leaders of the party, a particular source said would discuss the last Wednesday’s botched party convention in Port Hacourt informally and seek for a short date for “a mother of all convention.” http://independentnig.com/375708-2/
Spacing your write-up is better for the eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Everfrank(m): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
You can offer your service and make your money. But I bet you for all the money you may make that he can't make it. There is no vacancy in Aso Rock in 2019- we compelled PMB to contest four times and we shall compel him once more.
There won't won't be any vacancy for the likes of Atiku in 2023 either. We need clean anti-corruption crusader to succeed PMB because the war on corruption is now a life long undertaking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by OsuIbo: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
I thought I read you give your support to the NDA on the other thread where they threatened to declare Niger Delta Republic on the 1st of October this year. Why do you want to give your support to Atiku's 2019 presidential ambition again?

By 2019, shouldnt you all be in your Niger Delta country? Do you mean to tell us now that you will leave your country(Niger Delta) to come support Atiku, a Fulani mans' presidency in another country(Nigeria)? Or is the threat of secession on Oct 1st by the NDA just another ogogoro induced joke

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by temitemi1(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2016
2019 is gonna be sooooooooooooooo interesting grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Your name is "lordofafonjas", right? And you intend to lead Atiku's campaign in 2019 on the platform of PDP?

Are you not by implication admitting that you and those you "lord" were wrong to have voted the Bubu-in-Chief into power?

I guess I need to inform Tinubu that his Jazz is graciously losing efficacy and the people from the WASTE are hurriedly gaining their senses back from zombiism.

And I think you should know that Bubu's mouth odour has increased the price of everything including the WAILERS' form. So get ready to pay through your nose for the form.

Rubbish!!!
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by dra1987(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2016
We really need pple like Atiku Abubakar to lead this country,Atiku has plans to restructure Nigeria and i pray he image the candidate for president in any party am with him . God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2016
Only time will tell...
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by LORDOFTHEOSU: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

cheesy cheesy

Who else will you support? Ekwerremadu? cheesy

Even OBJ and Yaradua defeated ojukwu in yeeboe land cheesy

Abeg support Atiku jare. Any gworo chewing Fulani cattle rearer is ok cheesy

But does it mean biabia republic agitation was a joke like we all suspected all along? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by LORDOFTHEOSU: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2016
OfficialAwol:

Your name is "lordofafonjas", right? And you intend to lead Atiku's campaign in 2019 on the platform of PDP?

Are you not by implication admitting that you and those you "lord" were wrong to have voted the Bubu-in-Chief into power?

I guess I need to inform Tinubu that his Jazz is graciously losing efficacy and the people from the WASTE are hurriedly gaining their senses back from zombiism.

And I think you should know that Bubu's mouth odour has increased the price of everything including the WAILERS' form. So get ready to pay through your nose for the form.

Rubbish!!!

I'm sorry but why are you yabbing your fellow OSU na? cheesy

The guy wants to vote another gworo chewing Fulani herdsmen, what is your bp rising for? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by antispexish(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2016
POP wants to be atikulised again!, well, he will get Ipob votes, they will vote for anything as long as it's not buhari!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Naijiant: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Hedonistically: 10:57am On Aug 20, 2016
While I support Atiku and believe that he will make a far better and more competent president than this obnoxious Daura idiot currently parading himself as our ruler, I think certain aspects of this report are ridiculous.

So you mean Atiku can contribute N3 trillion to the PDP!!! Really? N3 trillion that is roughly $9 billion? ? ? So Atiku has $9 billion in spendable liquid assets? How much is he then worth? Make una no make me vex abeg.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by chernest2002: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2016
One Atiku is better than a million buhari, in managing the economy, being democratic, security or otherwise but i don't trust his attitude towards corruption. Proudly 5%.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by KINGwax007(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
u almost fooled me!

The outcome of your camplaign for joanthan in 2015 still dey stink

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by amaechi1: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2016
dra1987:
We really need pple like Atiku Abubakar to lead this country,Atiku has plans to restructure Nigeria and i pray he image the candidate for president in any party am with him . God bless Nigeria

Tell me you just joking. Another fulani man. Vote for a Northerner? What happen to call to secede.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by amaechi1: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2016
chernest2002:
One Atiku is better than a million buhari, in managing the economy, being democratic, security or otherwise but i don't trust his attitude towards corruption. Proudly 5%.

Good economic skills + corruption = worst than hell.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by sarrki(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2016
OsuIbo:
I thought I read you give your support to the NDA on the other thread where they threatened to declare Niger Delta Republic on the 1st of October this year. Why do you want to give your support to Atiku's 2019 presidential ambition again?

By 2019, shouldnt you all be in your Niger Delta country? Do you mean to tell us now that you will leave your country(Niger Delta) to come support Atiku, a Fulani mans' preisdency in another country(Nigeria)? Or is the threat of secession on Oct 1st by the NDA just another ogogoro induced joke
Bros abeg no kill person here ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by fizzile(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Vote Atiku/Donald Duke 2019 or Atiku/Ekweremadu 2019. What a force to reckon with. We don't need am old man who doesn't know his left from his right. Haters can go to H3LL !!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Count me in...he is by far better than the current man we have now in everything
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by AlPeter: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Seriously! Atiku the well known thief? We are complaining about corruption and division and some folks wants to vote Atiku? Damn hatred has made some folks lose their brain. Seems the so called foo lanis are wiser than the Ugandans
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Sirmuel1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
What's the f^ckin old man still looking for? Don't we have youths in this country?
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

I'm sorry but why are you yabbing your fellow OSU na? cheesy

The guy wants to vote another gworo chewing Fulani herdsmen, what is your bp rising for? cheesy

Bp rise for what? And hey, I'm not OSU or whatever u call it
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by LORDOFTHEOSU: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
OfficialAwol:

Bp rise for what? And hey, I'm not OSU or whatever u call it

Why are you denying? cheesy

The language of your post which i quoted indicates you're an OSU cheesy

Your brother wishes to vote for another gworo chewing fulani herdsmen in 2019. Don't develop high BP out of frustration. Just deal with it angry

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
Atiku and Peter obi might just do it. I dont see any other northerner that PDP could present that will win PMB.
Re: Atiku To Contests For 2019 President Under PDP by teadrake(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
PDP has failed by zoning their party presidency to the region as majority will claim the northerners are acting like born to rule. With these kinda of prepositions, I don't think PDP will form a strong opposition come 2019.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Dead Nigerian Soldiers Dumped Inside The Bus / Nigerian Soldiers Display Their Missile Truck On The War Field / NANS Commends Tinubu For Approving Reduction In Transport Fare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.