Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Have A Family Problem - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have A Family Problem (5116 Views)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Can I Start A Family With 70k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Family Problem by toksbisola: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
@Op; take this mate; you have a kind heart and I hope you never stop giving especially if you are in a position to do so. No need for too much talk; GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE INITIALLY DECIDED TO GIVE AS YOUR GIFT TO YOUR NEIGHBOR AS LONG AS THE GIFT IS WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD.

When I was reading your write-up, I was even expecting your wife to add more gift to what you already intended to give and you were the one jokingly saying its too much lol; instead, what I read shows that your wife wants the gift changed to something else. Well, I hope your wife will see the kindness in your heart and see that she was probably wrong to have suggested changing the gift simply because she feels that the gifts were of high quality.

That said, it is not as if you were giving the gift without her knowledge and just because she feels that some of the gift you are giving is high quality doesn’t mean you should downgrade the gift to a lower quality because your wife says so. If that happens, it’s no longer a gift you give willingly but rather it becomes a gift you give grudgingly; then there would be no reason to give the gift again (IMHO). Let your wife remember that giving should not be done grudgingly but rather it should be willingly with happiness and not with a complaining attitude of “THAT GIFT IS TOO EXPENSIVE, LET US CHANGE IT TO A CHEAPER ONE BECAUSE I USE THAT KIND OF EXPENSIVE GIFT MYSELF”. THAT'S NOT A VALID ENOUGH REASON TO CHANGE YOUR INTENDED GIFT.

You also mentioned your wife is beginning to think that something fishy is going on between you and your neighbor. Well, as long as you know that there is nothing going on between you and your neighbor; LET YOUR WIFE KNOW THAT SHE HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT so that this jealousy building up would be seen as irrelevant and pathetic. PUT YOUR WIFE’S MIND AT EASE TO HELP HER REMOVE THAT PARANOIA THAT IS CURRENTLY BUILDING UP IN HER.

Lastly, we never know what challenges life would throw at us; hence, avoid looking down on anyone (not saying you do) as no one knows what tomorrow holds.

I rest my case.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Family Problem by CHIMCO(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
toksbisola:
@Op; take this mate; you have a kind heart and I hope you never stop giving especially if you are in a position to do so. No need for too much talk; GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE INITIALLY DECIDED TO GIVE AS YOUR GIFT TO YOUR NEIGHBOR AS LONG AS THE GIFT IS WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD.

When I was reading your write-up, I was even expecting your wife to add more gift to what you already intended to give and you were the one jokingly saying its too much lol; instead, what I read shows that your wife wants the gift changed to something else. Well, I hope your wife will see the kindness in your heart and see that she was probably wrong to have suggested changing the gift simply because she feels that the gifts were of high quality.

That said, it is not as if you were giving the gift without her knowledge and just because she feels that some of the gift you are giving is high quality doesn’t mean you should downgrade the gift to a lower quality because your wife says so. If that happens, it’s no longer a gift you give willingly but rather it becomes a gift you give grudgingly; then there would be no reason to give the gift again (IMHO). Let your wife remember that giving should not be done grudgingly but rather it should be willingly with happiness and not with a complaining attitude of “THAT GIFT IS TOO EXPENSIVE, LET US CHANGE IT TO A CHEAPER ONE BECAUSE I USE THAT KIND OF EXPENSIVE GIFT MYSELF”. THAT'S NOT A VALID ENOUGH REASON TO CHANGE YOUR INTENDED GIFT.

You also mentioned your wife is beginning to think that something fishy is going on between you and your neighbor. Well, as long as you know that there is nothing going on between you and your neighbor; LET YOUR WIFE KNOW THAT SHE HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT so that this jealousy building up would be seen as irrelevant and pathetic. PUT YOUR WIFE’S MIND AT EASE TO HELP HER REMOVE THAT PARANOIA THAT IS CURRENTLY BUILDING UP IN HER.

Lastly, we never know what challenges life would throw at us; hence, avoid looking down on anyone (not saying you do) as no one knows what tomorrow holds.

I rest my case.
Well said thanks.
Re: I Have A Family Problem by motherfucker: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
medexico:
Your wife has a point and so do you.

In order to avoid marital problems please just do what your wife wants, you may not give her the money but you can buy what she said.

Avoid argument as she has accused you laughing with the other woman. That's a red flag.
Bulllshiits. So a man can't make decisions that will stand favourably in his own house? Are telling him to be afraid of his own wife and become a sissy?

Wow betide that wife that will try such with me when it involves doing good or showing appreciation.
Re: I Have A Family Problem by motherfucker: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
freecocoa:
For starters, calling a person what they are can't be termed insult and when you bring something like this here, best expect not to like all you'll see.

I have no advice to give for such a nonsense and annoying issue, people like your wife are part of the problems of this world and I find them highy irritating, talking about how other kids shouldn't use same products as hers, it's not even as if she's extremely wealthy sef, what will happen if she has all the money in the world? mschew nonsense once again.

P.S OP you seem like a nice person so I really don't mean to upset you but I can't help calling a spade what it is.
you never disappoint!
Re: I Have A Family Problem by veave(f): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
5minsmadness:

True this! grin

How you love?
Re: I Have A Family Problem by uwagimboo: 1:20am On Aug 24, 2016
CHIMCO:
My neighbours wife put to bed. I am making arrangement on how to pay vist to the child with gifts. My wife also put to bed early this year and Surprisenly, i was at work when my wife called me and informed me that this very neigbour came to visit our child with tubers of yam and diaper(my babe). I was surprised because i wasnt expecting anything from them and i know that they are poor sharing one room. I thanked them. Now they had a new babe and i am planning to pay a visit. My wife asked me what i intend to buy, i told her i want to buy the following: 1 SMA gold 2. Diaper(pampers) 3 detergent(zip big size) and bottles of eve water big sizes. My wife opposed to the above and insist on the following: 1 that it is her sole responsibility to buy things for them, that i should give her the money.( i know she will not buy what i want) 2 she said they uses NAN babe formular and WOW detergent. That i should give them what they use. But the above things i mentioned was what i normally use for my children and i can afford it for them. We are having serious issues on the above now. My wife threatens to size the items and use it on our children if i buy the ones our children uses. She even alleaged that i have eyes on her on mere alleagation that she talks and laughs with me whenever she is not around and thats the reason i want to buy what our children uses for them. Please i need your candid advice on the above. My wife is also a member of this forum she will also read and learn. Thanks.

Seriously Sir, am not saying u re a fo0l but u are...
If u know how I feel sir, I will so beat the hell out of you if u were related to me..
I hate men who re wives..
Oga point of correction, u re being married by that man u call a wife..
U re so useless to manhood, how can ur wife be threatening you nd u run down here asking for opinion

If u know how upset I am with this rubbish u call problem, I will so slap you till u start Becoming a man..
Re: I Have A Family Problem by CHIMCO(m): 3:28am On Aug 24, 2016
uwagimboo:

If u know how I feel sir, I will so beat the hell out of you if u were related to me..
U re so useless to manhood, how can ur wife be threatening you nd u run down here asking for opinion

If u know how upset I am with this rubbish u call problem, I will so slap you till u start Becoming a man..
Take it easy bro.... getting the opinion of your partner in domestic issue like this is not a sign of weakness. Transparency and dialogue matters a lot in Marriage. Is not that a woman will stop you from doing what you intend to do as the head of the family but at times its proper to hear her and evaluate the reasoning of a partner you are living for life.....

1 Like

Re: I Have A Family Problem by 5minsmadness: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
veave:

How you love?
Cooler than ice this morning grin
The Change factor of the current economy will make op's neighbors bless his future generations for his gift.
Re: I Have A Family Problem by AuroraB(f): 9:21am On Aug 24, 2016
blank:
Don't give yourself headache, do what she wants. Which is more important, your peaceful family or your neighbours approval? Learn to pick your battles. This is not worth a quarrel at all. Nan milk is also very good, cheaper but not necessarily worse off. Give your wife the money to buy the items and then when you visit, give them some money as well if it will make you feel better. But this is not worth a quarrel at all.
Money keh shocked. When madam is suspicious already If she gets to know this pere...she's 'caught' him niyen cheesy Op, I have nothing to teh yhu angry grin
Re: I Have A Family Problem by uwagimboo: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2016
CHIMCO:
Take it easy bro.... getting the opinion of your partner in domestic issue like this is not a sign of weakness. Transparency and dialogue matters a lot in Marriage. Is not that a woman will stop you from doing what you intend to do as the head of the family but at times its proper to hear her and evaluate the reasoning of a partner you are living for life.....

U re right sir but looking at the Myopic reasons she gave you, u don't need someone advising you again cous it's so glaring she has got a long way, u just go ahead and do what is right..

Sincerely, this thread spoilt my night yesterday cous I can't fathom the kind of woman u ve have as a wife and I felt u were so weak for ur wife to give u conditions to doing what is right nd even threatening you..
Re: I Have A Family Problem by blank(f): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2016
AuroraB:
Money keh shocked. When madam is suspicious already If she gets to know this pere...she's 'caught' him niyen cheesy Op, I have nothing to teh yhu angry grin

Of course, he will tell her that he is giving her money. She shouldn't object.
Re: I Have A Family Problem by 5minsmadness: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2016
uwagimboo:

shocked grin grin

Re: I Have A Family Problem by freecocoa(f): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2016
uwagimboo:

grin grin grin

This is the funniest piece I've read in a while.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Family Problem by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 24, 2016
uwagimboo:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: I Have A Family Problem by veave(f): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

Cooler than ice this morning grin
The Change factor of the current economy will make op's neighbors bless his future generations for his gift.

grin grin ;Dyes na!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our New Baby Girl! / Help: Married In Diaspora / Why Single Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.