Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,694 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Will Of God Vs My Will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will Of God Vs My Will (9238 Views)

Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge / Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? / Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Will Of God Vs My Will by Adekdammy: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2016
THE WILL OF GOD VS MY WILL

The will of God is the plan of God for man while the will of man is his plan for himself out side the original plan of God

The will of God at the initial stage is not always an easy route while the will of man is always the easy way at the initial stage

The end point of God's will is always sweet while the end point of my will always end in had I known

The will of God, most times is always in contrast with the majority while My will is always supported by majority

The will of God will always stand the test of time while My will fades off in a matter of time.

The will of God is always in line with the word of God while my will is always in line with the word of the world.

It is natural for our will to always struggle with God's will, but because we are of God, His will for us will always prevail, amen.

Have a blessed day in His presence, maranatha...He cometh soon.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by lilmax(m): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2016
what you are going through might not be good to you but is good for you cool ----max tribbett

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by shaddoww: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2016
So how do I know d will of God for me?
And when faced with a challenge, should I just wait n accept it's d will of God rather dan fight it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by GoldenJAT(m): 7:13am On Aug 21, 2016
his will supercedes our will...even if we have that free will 2do as we please.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2016
Imperfect humans. Why were we created this way? Even Eve wasn't perfect. That is why she couldn't resist the devil.

Why give us freewill? As an all knowing God he must have known that we will destroy ourselves with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Have a good day!
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 21, 2016
This Will of God can be painful sometimes, especially if you've put all ur effort in making your will happen.

But then, you're really a child of God if He still gives u a chance of making ur own will flop so His will can have a place in ur life. I learned that early this year. Painful tho, but I trust His will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2016
God bless you Op... God's will should be our primary pursuit and central goal. There are times there will be a contrast between the two but life and peace are guaranteed when we yield to that of God. Happy Sunday folks...

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by alberto2k(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by taylor88(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2016
i
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by virginboy1(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2016
God Should Takeover Nigeria. Amen.

meanwhile.

Small time Ijaw men go jump enter water like fish, See swimming for Olympics, ZERO medal for Nigeria. Igbo man go dey tumble for Atilogwu, see gymnastics for Olympics, no entry. Hausa man go enter boat dey shout Argungu Fishing Festival, See Rowing at the Olympics, ZERO medal for Nigeria. Fulani herdsmen fit shoot arrow from 1km kill anyone wey wan steal dem cow, Olympics reach, make dem go do Archery dem no gree show face. Yoruba man will remove clothes, wrist watch and pant to fight at Ojuelegba. See boxing at the Olympics, zero medal. The one wey vex me pass na Warri people.
Warri man go say Warri no dey carry last......wetin Blessing Okagbare, our own Warri girl carry for 100m Olympic finals?
No be last..? I taya 4 Naija sef.
Una well done oooh my people. Lolz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Ibangap(m): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2016
May my will be lost in thine, oh Lord. For I know the plans you have for me is of good and not of bad, to give me a future and hope. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sermwell(m): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Religion is the biggest scam in human history grin smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2016
shaddoww:
And when faced with a challenge, should I just wait n accept it's d will of God rather dan fight it?
One of the surest way to discern God's will is to subject the situation to what I would term 'Scripture Test'. If what you are experiencing isn't in line with God's word, then you can pray in faith and trust God to establish his will and grant you victory according to the promises in his Word. Challenges give way when they are handled with Faith. We are not just to sit down and let challenges defeat us. However, when dealing with these challenges, we are to also remain sensitive so as to know what the Lord is saying concerning the matter at hand. Paul once prayed about a challenge and God's response was that 'his grace is sufficient for him' The Lord knows the best for us in every situation and he answers accordingly as he seems best for us. We can trust him. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2016
Let me add to the OPs post. There are two kinds of will; the perfect will and the submissive will.

The perfect will is when God takes charge and in turn, one asks God to take over without habouring thoughts or options. For example, 'God, please, take charge totally. Direct my affairs and direct my thoughts and actions. '

The submissive will, on the other hand, is when we have a choice or options and want God to align with what we have. For example, 'God, please, I love Jane and would love us to have a Godly, Happy home that would come to fear you, even as we walk in love.'

Both Wills cannot run together in one person. You cannot say you're giving everything to God one minute and you're trying to make decisions for yourself while putting God in it.

Martins301:
Imperfect humans. Why were we created this way? Even Eve wasn't perfect. That is why she couldn't resist the devil.
Why give us freewill? As an all knowing God he must have known that we will destroy ourselves with it.
Humans are imperfect but God often gives us the grace of choice on certain issues. Sometimes, God could take the back seat if someone, who instead of relying on Him, make certain decisions based on the physical eyes or on shallow grounds.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by donbenedict(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2016
Lwkmd.. the will of God is to love God with all your heart body and soul and to love your neighbour as your self..

Man's will is to go contrary to this!

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by genuineone: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2016
Even, Jesus himself laid down his will when he was about to be crucified- Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

4 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by alberto2k(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2016
cool
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2016
no such thing as d will of god abeg. just take a look at those redeem students coming from camp and they still had accident nd one died. wat kind of god are they serving.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2016
Bros, seriously?
eddyjibs:
no such thing as d will of god abeg. just take a look at those redeem students coming from camp and they still had accident nt one died. wat kind of god are they serving.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2016
How do you know, for sure, what is the will of God?

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2016
kennygee:
This Will of God can be painful sometimes, especially if you've put all ur effort in making your will happen.

But then, you're really a child of God if He still gives u a chance of making ur own will flop so His will can have a place in ur life. I learned that early this year. Painful tho, but I trust His will.
Wow! I can relate with your experience dear sister. It is a divine privilege we enjoy when God steps in to foil our plans which are contrary to his best for us. You are right my sister. It could be so so painful sometimes but at the end it culminates into a glorious testimony for us. May he never leave us to our will my dear sister. May his will always override ours so we can be fulfilled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
shaddoww:

Just pray and do your best to fight it, but if it persist then is the will of God.

One thing I know is that God is the God of compensation and He never forgets.

He allows everything that happens to us, good, bad, urgly, He allows it when he want to based on the GRACE and His purpose on that perticular person.

He is God of covenant, He remember His words and keeps it more than anything on earth no matter how long or years. Before SOME men are born, He establish a covenant with them before releasing the individual to his mother's womb and that's why some ppl are invincible no matter their sin until they die and their soul returns home, He deal with them.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
Ok
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by haryomikun(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2016
Martins301:

Nigga, if there wasn't freewill people go still dey talk day why freewill no dey

Humans are insatiable

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:
How do you know, for sure, what is the will of God?
1. The Scriptures
2. The Spirit of God
The Will of God is made known in the scriptures dear brother. However, there are other deeper issues that aren't written specifically in black and white e. g the name of the company you are to work, the name of your wife and other intricate issues. You can know these by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2016
destinedtee:
One of the surest way to discern God's will is to subject the situation to what I would term 'Scripture Test'. If what you are experiencing isn't in line with God's word, then you can pray in faith and trust God to establish his will and grant you victory according to the promises in his Word. Challenges give way when they are handled with Faith. We are not just to sit down and let challenges defeat us. However, when dealing with these challenges, we are to also remain sensitive so as to know what the Lord is saying concerning the matter at hand. Paul once prayed about a challenge and God's response was that 'his grace is sufficient for him' The Lord knows the best for us in every situation and he answers accordingly as he seems best for us. We can trust him. God bless you.

destinedtee:
1. The Scriptures
2. The Spirit of God
The Will of God is made known in the scriptures dear brother. However, there are other deeper issues that aren't written specifically in black and white e. g the name of the company you are to work, the name of your wife and other intricate issues. You can know these by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. God bless you

I guess that you are limiting your IDEA of God to the one held by Christians. Have you forgotten that God is universal and exists in all religions apart from Christianity? In doubt? Please read Apostle Paul's sermon in Athens about the "UNKNOWN" God worshipped by the Greeks and update your knowledge.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2016
frenchwine:
Bros, seriously?
corrected, one died nd many were injured. is dat d will of god if it is den god is heartless
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by donofdons: 7:41am On Aug 21, 2016
Lol
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 7:41am On Aug 21, 2016
eddyjibs:
no such thing as d will of god abeg. just take a look at those redeem students coming from camp and they still had accident nd one died. wat kind of god are they serving.
There's a big difference between will and inevitability. There is a time to die (Ecclesiastes 3:18). Either you serve God or not, death is inevitable and we cannot escape it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by delighteddell(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2016
Adekdammy:
THE WILL OF GOD VS MY WILL

The will of God is the plan of God for man while the will of man is his plan for himself out side the original plan of God

The will of God at the initial stage is not always an easy route while the will of man is always the easy way at the initial stage

The end point of God's will is always sweet while the end point of my will always end in had I known

The will of God, most times is always in contrast with the majority while My will is always supported by majority

The will of God will always stand the test of time while My will fades off in a matter of time.

The will of God is always in line with the word of God while my will is always in line with the word of the world.

It is natural for our will to always struggle with God's will, but because we are of God, His will for us will always prevail, amen.

Have a blessed day in His presence, maranatha...He cometh soon.

The will of God supersedes any other will. We all can just try, Buh his will prevails. When an individual's will temporarily prevails, it could be that God wants to teach you a lesson which will help you later when his will starts prevailing.

It's Sunday! Praise him like never before

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by iaminspired: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2016
shaddoww:

Knowing the will of God lies in you knowing him and been led by his spirit. Knowing the will of God involves you studying his word. Because his will for you lies on his word

Not every challenge z from God, the devil brings challenges in our way. The spirit of God in us allows us to know if the challenge z from God or devil. For as many that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

The devil z subtle he can mix the lie with the truth. So it the word of God that will help you overcome

Note: not all challenges you pass through are from God, the devil tests man(job,Jesus) so be vigilant for the adversary the devil z looking for whom to devour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? / Atheists Let's Discuss God. / Grace Is Not Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.