Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them (42971 Views)

2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic / 2 Ritualists Arrested With Human Flesh In Oyo State (Photo) / Woman Found Lying Dead At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Efewestern: 6:52am On Aug 22, 2016
thelish:

They still function, not like when Rose was their leaeer. The thing con dull. I will ask some urhobo recording stores. If they have, I will let u know.

Okay thanks, please don't forget... I really miss Lady Rose.. Life... you don't expect the girls to belike her, Rose was really talented, She created a niche for herself that was quite different from our usual Lucky okpa, Johnson Aja and co

2 Likes

Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by blueafrik: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2016
alberto2k:
i believe there's spare TYREs and FUEL around but No body hold matches. angry

#Thats Warri J-Justice
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by WiseFool2(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2016
mccaybroewn:

It's in Udu local government not Ughelli South, a suburb of Warri.
Yea, bro. That's express. That point should be between steel village and Okpaka or Uti. Seems you live within Udu. I live in Udu, St Ephraim street.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Tobitrueman(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2016
Ganjafama:
But I thought mofor is Udu na! All the same, as a result of expansion all na Warri. Even Okuokoko sef na Warri.

Hahaha, I dey tell you, even if you call somebody that lives in Agharho, he will tell you he is in Warri.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2016
Efewestern:

Be confirm Urhobo boy na... But hardly do i see Urhobo People on this forum.. Any way na otokutu u dey stay ?
There're quite a good number of Urhobo here o bros. I go to Otokutu often but live inside Warri.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Efewestern:

Okay thanks, please don't forget... I really miss Lady Rose.. Life... you don't expect the girls to belike her, Rose was really talented, She created a niche for herself that was quite different from our usual Lucky okpa, Johnson Aja and co
Lady Rose, I was and still her fan big time since I was a child. I know most of her songs from her early days(radio cassette tins wink).
When dat woman die Ehn, Chai! I cry o cry
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 8:28am On Aug 22, 2016
thelish:

I still have her CD till date. Though she is a family member, I dey use am remember her.
Then you must be from Erhiephiyo, Owhrode or environs in Udu... Right?
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Redlabel: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2016
WiseFool2:
That's Otokutu bridge, but it's not located in Ughelli. It's located in Warri. I pass there often. May God save His people o.
Please go and do your findings Otokutu is not located in Warri but it's in Ughelli south
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Frankiss44(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2016
WiseFool2:
That's Otokutu bridge, but it's not located in Ughelli. It's located in Warri. I pass there often. May God save His people o.

Otukutu is under Ughelli South.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Frankiss44(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2016
WebSurfer:
Otokutu again? Meanwhile, otokutu is not in ughelli

Most people don't know this.. but Otukutu is actually under Ughelli South. Okpaka and Opete are under Udu Local Government but they are all along that express.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Frankiss44(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2016
nams77:
I normally follow that route every Friday to one of our branch offices for meetings. That area is notorious for this kind thing. Any mad man I see around that area, I dey suspect am wella.
I don't think that place falls under ughelli o.

It falls under Ughelli South.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by WebSurfer(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Opharhe:
Where are you from in Udu?
orhuwhorun road

1 Like

Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by thelish(f): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
Opharhe:
Then you must be from Erhiephiyo, Owhrode or environs in Udu... Right?

hmmmmm. lol
The dad is from erhiephiyor. The mum from otor Udu.
Though ur guess is kinsa correct.
Where r u from? since u know so much a out Udu?
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
thelish:

hmmmmm. lol
The dad is from erhiephiyor. The mum from otor Udu.
Though ur guess is kinsa correct.
Where r u from? since u know so much a out Udu?
Ok. My Dad is from Ughelli and Ekakpamre and my mum is from Otokutu and Urhiephron.
If you observe, aside Ughelli, the other 3 places I'm attached to are in Ughievwen clan. I grew up around my Mum's people from whom i learnt Urhobo culture, I speak the Ughievwen/Udu dialects of Urhobo too hence my knowledge of the area. If you're familiar with the local culture, you'll understand the closeness between Ughievwen and Udu. Many communities of the 2 clans have common boundaries, close dialects etc. Otor-Udu and Otu-Jeremi(Otughievwen) are just next to another.

History has it that Udu(female) and Ughievwen (male) were siblings from same parents.
I'm sure you understand now... wink
Abeg the talk don too much.
So you're welcome. Nice meeting you.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by thelish(f): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2016
Opharhe:
Ok. My Dad is from Ughelli and Ekakpamre and my mum is from Otokutu and Urhiephron.
If you observe, aside Ughelli, the other 3 places I'm attached to are in Ughievwen clan. I grew up around my Mum's people from whom i learnt Urhobo culture, I speak the Ughievwen/Udu dialects of Urhobo too hence my knowledge of the area. If you're familiar with the local culture, you'll understand the closeness between Ughievwen and Udu. Many communities of the 2 clans have common boundaries, close dialects etc. Otor-Udu and Otu-Jeremi(Otughievwen) are just next to another.

History has it that Udu(female) and Ughievwen (male) were siblings from same parents.
I'm sure you understand now... wink
Abeg the talk don too much.
So you're welcome. Nice meeting you.

Nice meeting a brother. My grandma is from usiefrun. if I call her name, u go just know her, that is, if u have been there before.
Thank u
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
thelish:

Nice meeting a brother. My grandma is from usiefrun. if I call her name, u go just know her, that is, if u have been there before.
Thank u
wow! It's also my grandma that's from there. I may or may not know your grandma because I don't stay there. Just mention the family. My Families there are Doghudje family of Ekresiarho qtrs and Biakolo family of Ekarhie qtrs. Yours?
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by thelish(f): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
Opharhe:
wow! It's also my grandma that's from there. I may or may not know your grandma because I don't stay there. Just mention the family. My Families there are Doghudje family of Ekresiarho qtrs and Biakolo family of Ekarhie qtrs. Yours?

I know biakolo family.
Grandma stays at ekarhie.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by thelish(f): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Opharhe:

I know biakolo family.
Grandma stays at ekarhie.
U know okorogbudje?
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Dynamite02: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
WebSurfer:
see me see wahala o, will you also tell me Agbarho or Otor-udu is ughelli south too or what? What is all this
The main village otokutu is Ughelli south but the bridge is called otokutu bridge because it was the major route to otokutu town in those days and the location of that bridge is Uwie LGA....just like udu bridge is very far from the main udu town but situated at sedco/enehren
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
thelish:

I know biakolo family.
Grandma stays at ekarhie. Good
U know okorogbudje?
No, I don't know Okorogbudje. You may know my great-grand mum who is from Biakolo family. She was married in Doghudje family in Ekresarho, died in 2009 and is buried just opposite St. Ambrose (formally Ogbavweni) grammar school in Ekarhie.

1 Like

Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dynamite02:

The main village otokutu is Ughelli south but the bridge is called otokutu bridge because it was the major route to otokutu town in those days and the location of that bridge is Uwie LGA....just like udu bridge is very far from the main udu town but situated at sedco/enehren
No sir. The bridge is shared between Ugbomro(Uvwie) and Otokutu. That River(Warri river) over which the bridge was built is the boundary between Uvwie and Ughievwen (Otokutu) on one side and Uvwie and Udu(Opete, Ekete etc) on the other side.
You can visualise what I'm saying if you know the place well.
Even Enerhen you're talking about is originally occupied by Udu people of Urhedjor sub-clan( the other Urhodjor villages are Opete and Okpaka). But the land is under dispute between Udu and Uvwie though Enerhen is in Uvwie local govt. Area presently. I heard Uvwie won the boundary case but that the Enerhen indegenes retain title of the land.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Dynamite02: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2016
Opharhe:
No sir. The bridge is shared between Ugbomro(Uvwie) and Otokutu. That River(Warri river) over which the bridge was built is the boundary between Uvwie and Ughievwen (Otokutu) on one side and Uvwie and Udu(Opete, Ekete etc) on the other side.
You can visualise what I'm saying if you know the place well.
Even Enerhen you're talking about is originally occupied by Udu people of Urhedjor sub-clan( the other Urhodjor villages are Opete and Okpaka). But the land is under dispute between Udu and Uvwie though Enerhen is in Uvwie local govt. Area presently. I heard Uvwie won the boundary case but that the Enerhen indegenes retain title of the land.
You are right, that river is the boundary and
I mentioned it there that the location of that bridge is uwie,that bridge carry leg from ogbomoro(uwie) enter udu LGA.
The op stated that the crime took place at otokukut bridge ,ughelli south. Then an argument ensued claiming that the place is not ughelli south
Is otokutu town in ughelli south? Yes!
Is the bridge in ughelli south?No!
It is called otokutu bridge because it is a major route to the main otokutu town
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 8:05am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author[b][/b][b][/b]=Dynamite02 post=48752456]
You are right, that river is the boundary and
I mentioned it there that the location of that bridge is uwie,that bridge carry leg from ogbomoro(uwie) enter udu LGA.
The op stated that the crime took place at otokukut bridge ,ughelli south. Then an argument ensued claiming that the place is not ughelli south
Is otokutu town in ughelli south? Yes!
Is the bridge in ughelli south?NO!(This is not true)
It is called otokutu bridge because it is a major route to the main otokutu town[/quote] Ok. But lemme state again that there is no Udu there in that location. It is between Ughelli south(Otokutu) and Uvwie(Ugbomro). Yes of course, it's called Otokutu bridge because it lands you in Otokutu when you descend from it so I agree with you on that.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Dynamite02: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Opharhe:
Ok. But lemme state again that there is no Udu there in that location. It is between Ughelli south(Otokutu) and Uvwie(Ugbomro). Yes of course, it's called Otokutu bridge because it lands you in Otokutu when you descend from it so I agree with you on that.
When u descend from the bridge coming from uwie, the left can be ughelli south(not certain of that sha, esp.the span of the territory) but the right hand side from the river is udu (opete,okpaka...ekete etc) my maternal grandpa is from opete(udu),while my grandma is from Egbo-Uhurie(ughelli south)....
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Opharhe: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2016
Dynamite02:

When u descend from the bridge coming from uwie, the left can be ughelli south(not certain of that sha, esp.the span of the territory) but the right hand side from the river is udu (opete,okpaka...ekete etc) my maternal grandpa is from opete(udu),while my grandma is from Egbo-Uhurie(ughelli south)....
See, I understand what you're saying that's not it. Otokutu owns both sides of that place the boundary with Opete and Okpaka is still further up. My family belongs to the Ekrewhero qtrs of Otokutu who own those lands. I've been to farmlands and plantations on Okpaka and Opete roads(when the place neva open) severally so I know what I'm saying. That large land, a fenced cluster of estates, and some small companies wey dey there sef as you come down from the bridge( just on the right), with this their signboard( "Plantation paradise" or something like that), na my qtrs people sell that land( abi na lease sef), my family is/was a major stakeholder.

So this is the reason why that bridge is called Otokutu bridge... When you cross the river, everywhere for there na Otokutu... The name of the whole bush around that river is 'Ekoto'. You can find out if you doubt.
Re: 2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them by Dynamite02: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Opharhe:
See, I understand what you're saying that's not it. Otokutu owns both sides of that place the boundary with Opete and Okpaka is still further up. My family belongs to the Ekrewhero qtrs of Otokutu who own those lands. I've been to farmlands and plantations on Okpaka and Opete roads(when the place neva open) severally so I know what I'm saying. That large land, a fenced cluster of estates, and some small companies wey dey there sef as you come down from the bridge( just on the right), with this their signboard( "Plantation paradise" or something like that), na my qtrs people sell that land( abi na lease sef), my family is/was a major stakeholder.

So this is the reason why that bridge is called Otokutu bridge... When you cross the river, everywhere for there na Otokutu... The name of the whole bush around that river is 'Ekoto'. You can find out if you doubt.

Ok.... I grab!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Accused Of Cutting Italian Girl Into Pieces Escapes Murder Charge / Eiye Confraternity Members Arrested With Charms In Ogun State. Photo / Man Shot Dead In Kano Last Night While Driving In Honda Car With His Wife(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.