Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,576 members, 7,850,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why People Go To Church - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why People Go To Church (793 Views)

Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex / Couple Who Met As Corpers Take Their Pre-Wedding Photos To Church Alter / Too Hot And S*xy: Meet Pretty Policewoman Who Is Making People Go Crazy On Socia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
The atmosphere was serene. The congregation listened attentively. The Pastor's rich, clear voice rang out: ''Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the Kingdom of the heavens but... but...

The Pastor could not complete the sentence. His attention was distracted from the Holy Scriptures by a general murmur which swept through the congregation.

It was really a sensation. A very charming girl -- a real sweet sixteen -- in an equally charming dress, had just entered. Her pair of shoes were six inches above the ground and her short gown revealed to the entire congregation how smooth and robust her laps were and how proportionate and elegant the legs were. Her neckline was low enough to reveal a good measure of her bubbling, youthful, succulent breasts. Instead of her to sit down in one of the back seats and stop embarrassing others, the little sweet angel (or could it be she was a sweet devil?) marched ahead, looking for a seat in the front row, exhibiting her wares as if she were in a supermarket.

The wolves or rather, the 'he-men', forgetting that they were in a Church, began to whistle hungrily as if they were in a hotel.

''But... but those doing the will of my father will'' the Pastor continued, trying in vain to restore order. He cleared his throat several times and increased the volume of his voice and his gestures. But it was clear that the majority of his sheep were more interested in mundane things than in spiritual matters.

The incident reminded me of what my old teacher, Mr. Buluku, once told us when I was in class three. He said that people go to Church for various reasons. Many people, he said, go to Church to pray to God, requesting for one thing or the other but few remember to go back to thank him for what he had done for them or to pray for the forgiveness of their sins and crimes.

Many, many others, particularly the women, go to Church to exhibit their new dresses -- gold, shoes, costly lace materials and other vain things.

It is also true that some young boys go to Church to look for girl friends or future wives while many girls, in the same way, go there to look for handsome boyfriends or rich husbands.

Again, according to Mr. Buluku, some people go to Church just to please others -- to please their parents or to please their husbands or wives or just to appear holy to their neighbours so as to be respected and trusted.

Of course, it must be admitted that the melodious Church songs or hymns could be a source of attraction to the young ones; nevertheless, it is equally true that many young men and girls go to church just for formality as if they were going to a Social Club. It looks fashionable to them because their friends go and they don't want to be the odd ones who don't go.

That was what my teacher, Mr. Buluku, siad, ''But why have I come to Church?'' I asked myself. I could not pinpoint the reason. My eyes fell on the sensational sweet sixteen who returned the gaze with a smile. The Pastor had since ended his homily and I quickly joined the others in singing 'Rock of Ages'

So... why do you go to Church?
Re: Why People Go To Church by mizzbouqui(f): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
undecided
Re: Why People Go To Church by greatness22(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
I only go to church december 31st.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
greatness22:
I only go to church december 31st.

cheesy really?
Re: Why People Go To Church by jaymejate: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
To get food and food only

Well, you may be wondering why i wrote food. The truth is we're all going to church just for food.

What is food?
Food is any substance that when taken, gives strength and energy to the body.
Again it is a substace taken by living organism especially by eating in order to sustain life. Also it is a nourishment of an entity or Ideas.

Types of Food
In Christianity or should i should Church? There are different types of food and they are

1...Spiritual food : This is a type of food that nourish the spiritual life of a Christian. Thus food can be taken through reading the Bible, praying e.t.c.

Many goes to the church to grow spiritually, to know more about God.
They go to church to get miracles, breakthroughs, an advancement in life and others.

2... The Physical Food : We students can actually testify to this. Most of us at times go to a fellowship or a church because we know there would be something to eat. Not only students do this but aome adult mostly in Xmas period to get food, clothes, cash and some physical stuffs.

Don't forget that some go to church to get tha bae, life partners

But the main is no matter that reason we go to church, we should make 'knowing God' the primary reason.
John 6:26 - Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill
Is not a crime to go to church for food, miracles, financial breakthrough and other worldly stuffs, but let your motives change and make God the primary reason.
Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Lalasticlala, the thread is worth it and HAPPY SUNDAY

© Jaymejate

1 Like

Re: Why People Go To Church by LilSmith55(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Because They Want To Go To Church
Re: Why People Go To Church by greatness22(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirDavico:

cheesy really?
Yeah bro! try it, it's fun. No giving of offerings, tithe and seeds to some lazy men who handles the mic every sunday.
Re: Why People Go To Church by knight05(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
to check d kai cloth our pastor wear. .
nairalanders with God forsaken questions are like buhari and his fight against kwaruption. . grin
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
greatness22:
Yeah bro! try it, it's fun. No giving of offerings, tithe and seeds to some lazy men who handles the mic every sunday.

grin I canna do dat smiley
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
knight05:
to check d kai cloth our pastor wear. .
nairalanders with God forsaken questions are like buhari and his fight against kwaruption. . grin

grin It's a shimpool qweshion nau wink
Re: Why People Go To Church by greatness22(m): 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirDavico:

grin I canna do dat smiley
So which one kahn you do
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
jaymejate:
To get food and food only

Well, you may be wondering why i wrote food. The truth is we're all going to church just for food.

What is food?
Food is any substance that when taken, gives strength and energy to the body.
Again it is a substace taken by living organism especially by eating in order to sustain life. Also it is a nourishment of an entity or Ideas.

Types of Food
In Christianity or should i should Church? There are different types of food and they are

1...Spiritual food : This is a type of food that nourish the spiritual life of a Christian. Thus food can be taken through reading the Bible, praying e.t.c.

Many goes to the church to grow spiritually, to know more about God.
They go to church to get miracles, breakthroughs, an advancement in life and others.

2... The Physical Food : We students can actually testify to this. Most of us at times go to a fellowship or a church because we know there would be something to eat. Not only students do this but aome adult mostly in Xmas period to get food, clothes, cash and some physical stuffs.

Don't forget that some go to church to get tha bae, life partners

But the main is no matter that reason we go to church, we should make 'knowing God' the primary reason.
John 6:26 - Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill
Is not a crime to go to church for food, miracles, financial breakthrough and other worldly stuffs, but let your motives change and make God the primary reason.
Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Lalasticlala, the thread is worth it and HAPPY SUNDAY

© Jaymejate

I think I forgot the food part -- the physical one. It's been years now. smiley Thanks. smiley
Re: Why People Go To Church by LuvU2: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
So why did u bring this here when the religion section is there smiley
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
greatness22:
So which one kahn you do

wink The opposite smiley
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
LuvU2:
So why did u bring this here when the religion section is there smiley

Because here's where u are smiley

Your charms drew me here kiss
Re: Why People Go To Church by LuvU2: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirDavico:

Because here's where u are smiley

Your charms drew me here kiss
Oh thnk God u said my charms nd nothing else grin
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
LuvU2:
Oh thnk God u said my charms nd nothing else grin

grin you be juju priestess cheesy I like ur charm wink
Re: Why People Go To Church by SirDavico(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
sad

(1) (Reply)

Is It Lust Or Love You Are Feeling? / Abeg Who Go Help Me Solve This Rubbish / 2016 Competitive Price For Integrated Solar Street Light In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.