Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears (37236 Views)

Married Zimbabwean Man's Manhood Disappears After Sex With Girlfriend / Husband Disappears As Wife Gives Birth To Twins In Abuja / 2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by hatchy(f): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chai!!! See beautiful woman like this. This life is a mystery.Not all the people you see on the road, even in our neighborhood are happy.The ordinary man on the street lives a more happy life than most "big" people out there.
All that glitter is not gold.

But wait o!

I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by iwaeda: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
hatchy:
Chai!!! See beautiful woman like this. This life is a mystery.Not all the people you see on the road, even in our neighborhood are happy.The ordinary man on the street lives a more happy life than most "big" people out there.
All that glitter is not gold.

But wait o!

I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide.

That why as we drive or walk on the road, always belief you are the only sane mind

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Domnick:
what makes you think leaving the country will make things better for you. nigerians and thier small brains.
And what makes you think leaving Nigeria won't make things better for me? I haven't said I am leaving, I only said rather than commit suicide I would look for a better option so don't make it look like I have committed an offence by saying I would leave the country, instead try to read and comprehend.
Ps: You're Nigerian so you're also one of the people with small brains. Why is it difficult for you to pass your comment without insults, anyway I'm not angry because as you don talk am you said "Nigerians" and you're one so you sef get small brain. So no wahala. grin

3 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by tinydev56: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
If she is a businesswoman for real.....what she did seem to be the best thing to do now, and mind you am not talking about her committing suicide cos she ain't.......she Just needed the time off cos if she wanted to Commit suicide, she wouldn't take her son with her....I wish all businesses experiencing issues right now a quick recovery in jesus Name.....Nigeria needs to bounce back soon
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
austinosita:

Visa wey dem dey deny people like say tomorrow no dey!!?

#dem no dey give visa again
Bless you my bro, at least you're making your point known without insult. @the visa issue, the fact that they denied taiwo visa doesn't mean Kehinde will be denied as well,everything has to do with destiny. And I haven't even said I am leaving, I only said rather than act like a coward and commit suicide because of bad economy affecting my business as is the case of Olubunmi Uko, I would rather leave. Shikena
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:
I like the last born's name, Seun. cheesy

As sad as this is, part of me suspects that the lady is calling out to the community to help raise funds to pay up her debts, then she returns. Why would she take the last born with leaving the other two behind, to kill him too? angry

Recession forcing good people to be scammers.

I just hope I'm wrong about her

You are still being fed.

Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by sulakishop(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
As for me, I no know if dem dey serve odeku for heaven or if nkwobi dey. We dey hear 72virgins, I never see any so why I go com kill myself?

I'll rather die than commit suicide - mama Peace 2014
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by JuanDeDios: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:
I like the last born's name, Seun. cheesy

As sad as this is, part of me suspects that the lady is calling out to the community to help raise funds to pay up her debts, then she returns. Why would she take the last born with leaving the other two behind, to kill him too? angry

Recession forcing good people to be scammers.

I just hope I'm wrong about her
Apparently you're one of those folks who figure it all out very quickly from their armchair.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by DonCortino: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
iwaeda:
She had complained to a relative that her business had gone bad due to the exchange rate and that her debts had risen beyond redemption.
Tension has heightened over the disappearance of a mother of three and single parent, Olubunmi Uko.

Uko, a businesswoman, reportedly walked out of her home last Friday evening with her last child, identified as Seun. She reportedly woke up her other children and informed them that she was going to visit someone.
The older children, Iyiola and Toni, allegedly woke up later to find a suicide note written by their mother.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Folu, told Vanguard: “She addressed the suicide note to her children, her mother and to any other person concerned. She said nobody should bother to look for her, that she was going to jump into the river and end it all.
“She said she was tired of life. She also said that by the time the letter would be seen, she would have ended inside the belly of a shark.
“She had always complained of dwindling business due to high exchange rate. At a point, she complained that she owed people and had no means to pay back. She also said that she borrowed half a million naira to offset the loan, but decided to use it on her business with the hope to realise some gain, but that the money ended up sinking in the business.”
Vanguard gathered that prayer sessions are ongoing at different prayer centres for her safe return.
Another relative, Mimnimah Uko, who identified the missing woman as her cousin-in-law, wondered why she would allow herself to be overwhelmed by the issues of life to the extent of taking such decision as solution.
The relative said: “Our prayer is for God to have mercy by ensuring her safe return and that of her son, Seun. We are imploring Nige-rians to please join us to pray.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/recession-woman-kills-self/

Am 100% sure she voted for change.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by ericmor: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Was told by her neighbour yester night and he was telling me that he can't imagine such and still can't believe. Don't even know her self deapite living in d same area
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Peacefulgold(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni
It exactly wat u said she did .....but dat note is just a distraction so no one goes looking for her yle she makes her some where very far....
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by ujadonald: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
iwaeda:
She had complained to a relative that her business had gone bad due to the exchange rate and that her debts had risen beyond redemption.
Tension has heightened over the disappearance of a mother of three and single parent, Olubunmi Uko.

Uko, a businesswoman, reportedly walked out of her home last Friday evening with her last child, identified as Seun. She reportedly woke up her other children and informed them that she was going to visit someone.
The older children, Iyiola and Toni, allegedly woke up later to find a suicide note written by their mother.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Folu, told Vanguard: “She addressed the suicide note to her children, her mother and to any other person concerned. She said nobody should bother to look for her, that she was going to jump into the river and end it all.
“She said she was tired of life. She also said that by the time the letter would be seen, she would have ended inside the belly of a shark.
“She had always complained of dwindling business due to high exchange rate. At a point, she complained that she owed people and had no means to pay back. She also said that she borrowed half a million naira to offset the loan, but decided to use it on her business with the hope to realise some gain, but that the money ended up sinking in the business.”
Vanguard gathered that prayer sessions are ongoing at different prayer centres for her safe return.
Another relative, Mimnimah Uko, who identified the missing woman as her cousin-in-law, wondered why she would allow herself to be overwhelmed by the issues of life to the extent of taking such decision as solution.
The relative said: “Our prayer is for God to have mercy by ensuring her safe return and that of her son, Seun. We are imploring Nige-rians to please join us to pray.”

Sharp woman she don confuse her debtors relocate
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by chelseajoy: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
iwaeda:

U sure say na recession? na lie, she Neva tell us true. all of us na dey see d recession
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Caseless: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Useless woman!
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Peacefulgold:

It exactly wat u said she did .....but dat note is just a distraction so no one goes looking for her yle she makes her some where very far....
Hmmmmn, Lol, see as you conclude like say she don tell you her plan
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Peacefulgold:

Hmmmmn, Lol, see as you conclude like say she don tell you her plan but on a second thought you could be right too. Maybe she had it all worked out cos she left with her last child.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Edusouls(m): 2:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni
idiot, why should u always mention buhari here,what concerns the two cases..?
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by ylaa(f): 5:29am On Aug 24, 2016
The woman is cooling off somewhere watching the reaction of people. Sharp woman. Come carry her small pikin make him no suffer.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 24, 2016
Buhari, you see your life? Unfortunately those who eat and doing well have no clue what others are passing through. Life has never been this hard in the country before. Maybe when this iddiotic president was the head of states in 1980s. People you see in the street are nothing but walking corpses. Hunger and starvation have destroyed over 80% of the citizens. How can a president who has ears and reasons with his brain impose the poor citizens who already were living below $1/day when dollar exchange was below N200 to cough out money to buy a litre of kerosine at N250? Like i said, only those who are directly affected will understand my ranting. To hear someone commits suicide due to frustration is no longer strange to me. I'm a victim of this poor/iddiotic administration. It has never been this bad before. God punish buhari in seven folds for these bad economic policies taken at the expense of the already poor masses.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by theatre(m): 6:44am On Aug 24, 2016
I wonder y some people like shouting Buari Name for present economic situation. While some would be saying who ask for change.we ask for change because we can't continued with looters in the last administration. I strongly believe in Buari and God will help him.when 2019 comes I will still vote for him.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by damon222: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2016
charix:
Beautiful story.
Thank you.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Edusouls:
idiot, why should u always mention buhari here,what concerns the two cases..?
Since you couldn't make your point without insult, then I say to you STUPID, if you know how to read well, you should have seen I didn't Buhari and to answer your question, the woman contemplated suicide because of the recession we are going through, so I ask you, who is our leader? If anything is going good or bad in a country or even a society the leader takes the praises or the blame as the case may be. And if you could comprehend well in the first place you would have understood my statement better but no you couldn't because you are dumb. Anyway I actually meant if she committed murder, does it stop Buhari from receiving his salary and other allowances undecided. Olodo.
Ps: I know you would come back with more insults, so I am waiting. Some of you can't even make a single statement without an insult, I just wonder if that's what makes you a big boy or what undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shares Photos Of Food His Wife Cooked For Their First Wedding Anniversary / Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did / Man Spotted Carrying His Wife's Handbag...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.