Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? (1082 Views)

What Did You Learn From Acrimony? / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) / Ladies, When Will You Learn That Already Made Men Will Never Respect You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Toybreezy: 8:05am On Aug 22, 2016
There are somethings we don't catch up with quicky, we only get to understand after a while. A little late behind others.

As for me, I didn't quickly realize That other people don’t care what you think. They’re more worried about themselves, and you aren’t the first thing on their priority list. This could’ve saved so many headaches if I knew this years ago.

Contributions from other readers on forum :

1).Relationships aren’t built on love alone. You have to put the effort in as far as the little things are concerned. Also, arguing too often about the little things can be a sign that something bigger is wrong.

2) Being smart isn’t good enough. Hard work is way more importan

3) How to set boundaries. It took my best friend of 8 years to reveal himself to be a total assh*le (rather, he was always an assh*le but I kept making excuses for him). I realized that I let him do all of these things and trample all over me before I decided that it was enough. I genuinely think this is something that I always understood but never had the confidence to stand up to. It really came down to the realization that its okay to put myself first and that I don’t owe anything to anyone.

4) you let people take advantage of you they will. As a compulsive pleaser who believed power games shouldn’t creep into close relationships, I am realizing that all my ‘principles’ are basically either a cover for my lack of courage or ideas that will let people walk all over me.

These are people experiences, share yours ...

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 22, 2016
that
The only the only person that got your back is YOU.. you are your best friend,

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Trust your instincts-When something doesnt feel right, usually something is wrong.

Learn from the wisdom and mistakes and others so you dont suffer the pain and loss they experienced.

Dont throw away the old bucket til you are sure the new one holds water.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by rawpadgin(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2016
don't be nice to people that are not nice to u

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Toybreezy: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2016
viickerz:
that

The only the only person that got your back is YOU.. you are your best friend,

We all run individual race..
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sinaj(f): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2016
Trust None!
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Toybreezy: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2016
5. You don’t need to recreate your parent’s standard of living at 22. I need to constantly remind myself of this. 22 with a ton of ambition but without a defined plan of action or pathway. I have to remind myself that this is normal.

6. The importance of saving for emergency, always believed that I could die anytime so I should always take care of myself to the fullest. Well I'm not dead yet and my savings would have been useful in case of emergency.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by thesicilian: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2016
That I should not have put all my eggs in one basket. Should have diversified my income sources right from secondary school days
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by newsphase(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Before you start living your life, before you start living away form your parents, going for your own business or anything. make sure you have gone through Self Improvement..

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by utenwuson: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2016
what I learnt late? simple! "never tell women truths"
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Tallesty1(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2016
That the green grass on the other side is not my own

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 22, 2016
Nothing is too late in life so far you are not on your death bed/dying.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by ShakurM(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2016
You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by odutolasodiq(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2016
how to cheat on a woman! i wouldn't hav remain single at this age if i had learnt it earlier.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by emeraldknytt(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2016
Taking rivalry as a major standpoint to better myself. Believing that success (not failure or both) is the focal constituent of an achievement.

The only rival, there is, is you and you can make do with that by trying to be better than you were yesterday, an hour ago... A minute past.

Success and the other part... Call it failure, are the driving force of a remarkable achievement. The other part propels you to do it better and has so far made the seemingly impossible, a gaping possibility

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by lodphil(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2016
ShakurM:
You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word
Al capone
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Royle2014(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2016
People would tell u exactly what u need to hear to make you feel important, but it is just lip service.
Forget about besties and all dat...in d end, u are all u've got

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2016
never trust a woman, not even your mother.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2016
that sitting in a classroom wasn't meant for me after my university education , i learn best through self discovery

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by lgboks(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Royle2014:
People would tell u exactly what u need to hear to make you feel important, but it is just lip service.
Forget about besties and all dat...in d end, u are all u've got

oga boss
Who teah you this lesson do you strong thing o grin
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Royle2014(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
lgboks:

oga boss Who teah you this lesson do you strong thing o grin
lol...nor b small

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Calebosko(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
best thread 4 the week. mine is kind of life experience. Nomber 1.never fall in love with ur classmate while in school,u av a very long jurney to go,2.ur family, n true friends first,they wil always be there 4 u. 3. Dnt waste ur time having fun while in school and forget ur education,soon u wunt see ur school mate again,they av gone their seperate ways. 4. Dnt waist ur time trying to please anyone,they dont worth it. (Am emotional right now)

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by akins56(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Only your parents wants you too succeed with no strings attached...every other person would feel a sense of entitlement along the way.

Family matters...

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Calebosko(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
utenwuson:
what I learnt late? simple! "never tell women truths"
i concur

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Calebosko(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Mod this post is inspirational,move it to front page,lalasticala,seun,
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Toybreezy: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
CosmeticChemist:
never trust a woman, not even your mother.
. Thats quite deep, what happened?
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Everybody is gonna die one day. Take risks and avoid excuses
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sexy74(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
never trust a woman because if you do she can pull the plug anytime.
never trust those close to you because when they want to destroy you, they show no mercy.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by sexy74(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
never trust a woman because if you do she can pull the plug anytime.
never trust those close to you because when they want to destroy you, they show no mercy.
you only know your value to a woman how she treats or deals with you when she is angry with you.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Toybreezy: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Dominique I hope its not too late for this topic to make FP.
Re: What Did You Learn Too Late In Life? by Nygma(m): 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
Giving head

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

19 Legit Reasons Why Sex Is Important In Your Relationship ... / Should I Move On? A Brother In The Friendzone / Cracked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.