Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ondo Apc Crisis: Tunji Abayomi Should Shut Up... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Apc Crisis: Tunji Abayomi Should Shut Up... (644 Views)

We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, / Tunji Abayomi Writes Tinubu Again- SaharaReporters / Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Apc Crisis: Tunji Abayomi Should Shut Up... by ICONgold(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
ONDO APC CRISIS: A TALE OF POLITICAL DESPIRATION BY WEAK POLITICAL PLAYERS
In an attempt to conduct a neutral examination and x-stray the intricacies surrounding the crisis rocking the Ondo State Chapter of the All Progressive Party (APC) I have made frantic effort on subjecting the claims, counter claims, allegations and counter allegations flying around within the camps to a test of objectivity and reality. I consider my conclusions and deduction worthy of sharing with observers of the Ondo decision process.
We must remind ourselves that politics is the pursuit of political power and competition for political power. While political power is the ability to shape and control the political behavior of others and to lead and guide their behavior in the direction desired by the person, group, or institution wielding the political power. Political power is the capacity to influence, condition, mold, and control human behavior for the accomplishment of political objectives. That is to say, political power is the ability of one political actor--e.g., an individual citizen, a family, an interest group, a political action committee; a political party to influence the decision and judgment of others without necessarily forcing such on them. While I do not intent to teach us politics, I find it imperative for the sake of my argument and clarifications to shortly make reference to sources of power (a) Referent or Personal Power– The ability of leaders to develop followers from the strength of their own personalities (b) Expert Power– the ability to control others behavior because of the possession knowledge, experience, or judgment that they do not have but need. (c) Legitimate or Position Power – stems from an authority's legitimate right to require and demand compliance (d) Reward Power – the extent to which a manager can use extrinsic and intrinsic rewards to control others. (e)Coercive Power– The extents to which a manager can deny desired rewards or administers punishment to control others. So in party politics, the use of a, b and d is very legitimate and democratic, the use of c and e as the case maybe might meet resistance as the constituted powers in the party uses this through position and this might include party executives and electoral umpires set up by the party. A,b and d, above always meet commitment, enthusiastic release of energy and talent to satisfy the leader’s request.
Relating the above analysis to Ondo State experience now and the claim of some governorship hopeful in the State against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who in his legitimate right has used his political influence to back a candidate as claimed by his accusers, it is apparent he has only used a,b and d above which is internationally acceptable and conform with global standard of political power play. Had Asiwaju been in the leadership of the state party structure, national leadership structure or the primary election electoral committee, it would have been fundamentally wrong to support a candidate as power exhibited in that regards would have been categorized under analysis c and e above which might not give chance to free and fair primary election process.

The brouhaha generated therefore through an individual(Asiwaju Bola Tinubu) supporting his choice candidate is needless and a great disservice to the party by desperados in an attempt to cause needless crises and geared public sympathy. The avoidable jittery cry has brought embarrassment to the party and the protagonists should be ashamed of themselves as their action has exposed their weakness and acceptance of defeat in the race to the ticket. I met Dr Tunji Abayomi about six years ago during an interview session with my crew “Voice of Conscience Magazine” and he exhibited great knowledge of political understanding through the position he articulated and immediately earned my respect. While I personally believe he remain one of the finest politician in Nigeria who without any doubt could trusted with leadership, I am particularly very disappointed by his outburst against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for making his choice. My respect for him further declined when he wrote public letters to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to ventilate his anger and desperation for power, one would wonder when it became crime for someone to use his legitimate influence in politics. The big question we should all asked the brilliant Dr Tunji Abayomi is had Asiwaju Bola Tinubu built his tent with him, what would have been his reaction, would he have rejected such support and start championing commotion within the party ranks to the extent of resulting to verbal and physical attack on the party institutions? Had Dr Tunji Abayomi not sought the support and influence of politicians (Asiwaju Bola Tinubu inclusive) and has anybody criminalize him or those supporting him for picking him among others?

I wish to encourage Dr Tunji Abayomi to keep shut and face the business of convincing delegates to vote for him and exercise influence too, if he has one. He should also swallow the bitter pill of pride and apologize to his friend and leader, and the party for the embarrassment caused. While I still respect his brilliancy and intelligence, I think I will do our doctor great service by reminding him there is a big line between activism and politics.

I wish Dr Tunji Abayomi the best as he learns more in the school of politics.

Icon Olawale Kadri writes from Ekiti
+2347033182704
kadriolawale@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Police Arrests Yahoo Boy For Scamming Viatnamese Lady $145,000 / Where Is Lai Mohammed? / Abraham Calls For Calm As Ondo Indigenes Reject Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.