Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? (56195 Views)

Alhaji Jibril Wali Is Dead And Buried (Photos) / Mohammed K Mohammed Is Dead And Buried In Katsina (pictured) / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Was travelling to Ibefun, Ogun state earlier today and was shocked to have seen a statue molded and they said that was the River that killed Julius Berger while he was attempting to construct the bridge.

My question is, if this is true, why didn't River Niger Bridge or
3rd Mainland bridge that were great project killed Julius Berger?

While that small river close to Ibefun, Ogun state did?

Please is this true?

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
If not, please can you share with us where he died and was buried?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Beremx(f): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
jowhyte:
Was travelling to Ibefun, Ogun state earlier today and was shocked to have seen a statue molded and they said that was the River that killed Julius Berger while he was attempting to construct the bridge.

My question is, if this is true, why didn't River Niger Bridge or
3rd Mainland bridge that were great project killed Julius Berger?

While that small river close to Ibefun, Ogun state did?

Please is this true?
yes you are right! i have passed the bridge on my way to ijebu ode from Ikorodu traveling to the east severally.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Emycord: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
No wonder he holds Nigeria tight
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Flexherbal(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Emycord:
No wonder he holds Nigeria tight
My man!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jemype(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
hoax
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
pple just mumu. e never set foot in nigeria. he died 1942 his coy came to nigeria 1965.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
eddyjibs:
pple just mumu. e never set foot in nigeria. he died 1942 his coy came to nigeria 1965.

Thanks, please do you have idea of where he died and buried?

If possible what killed him.

I'v been rigmarolling on G since trying different search queries but to no avail.

Thanks
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Beremx:
yes you are right! i have passed the bridge on my way to ijebu ode from Ikorodu traveling to the east severally.

Exactly!

Virtually everybody in the bus said yes that he's died and was buried by that bridge crossing river.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Remii(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
OP, best thing to do would be to stop there and read what is written on the statue

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
jowhyte:

Thanks, please do you have idea of where he died and buried?

If possible what killed him.

I'v been rigmarolling on G since trying different search queries but to no avail.

Thanks

u are not likely to find dat info. his company was a small unknown company in his homeland. so u don't expect anyone to document dat. d coy came to nigeria after he died and made it. d coy has since been hijacked by nigerians still using dat name. wat do u need d info for self.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Remii:
OP, best thing to do would be to stop there and read what is written on the statue

Never took that route before, it was my first time today and was in a commercial bus today.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
eddyjibs:
u are not likely to find dat info. his company was a small unknown company in his homeland. so u don't expect anyone to document dat. d coy came to nigeria after he died and made it. d coy has since been hijacked by nigerians still using dat name. wat do u need d info for self.

Yes self!

So that I can talk with fact henceforth.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by sarrki(m): 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
It's called itokin under ikorodu it's the boundary between Lagos and ogun just by ogun river

The daughter come in once in a while.

If you are going from ikorodu to ilisan, ijebu ode you will definitely pass through the grave

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Allwility: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by nabiz(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Yeh, last week i was traveling to epe to see the oba with the son. He pointed a bridge to me and narrected how the oyibo man that built the bridge died on the process of constructing the bridge but he never told me that it was julius begger. I also saw the statu

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by phaamsaam: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Heard it also while travelling and had to find out from my old man, he said berger had been successful with gigantic bridges, roads all over the world, and that little river wanted to spoil his name and biz, that after doing a part of the bridge today, by tomorrow morning it would collapse, after toiling for weeks n months, he then went to seek the ifas, and was told that a queen ruling in that river said only if he gives his life would the project be possible..and bla bla bla

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Honeyking(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
phaamsaam:
Heard it also while travelling and had to find out from my old man, he said berger had been successful with gigantic bridges, roads all over the world, and that little river wanted to spoil his name and biz, that after doing a part of the bridge today, by tomorrow morning it would collapse, after toiling for weeks n months, he then went to seek the ifas, and was told that a queen ruling in that river said only if he gives his life would the project be possible..and bla bla bla
Na you get the correct story joorr. He gave his lifebso as to retain his (company) goodwill in Nigeria even after his demise

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Honeyking:

Na you get the correct story joorr. He gave his lifebso as to retain his (company) goodwill in Nigeria even after his demise
. Na d story be that...no be lie
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by greatgod2012(f): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
phaamsaam:

The story I heard too was similar to this.

My conclusion about the whole thing is that, if that story is actually true, then, the oyinbos too believes in IFA deity.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
phaamsaam:

Thanks
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by temmyt20(m): 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
see hw guys dey tackle each other.....different story/counter story...cant stop laughing.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by whugo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=jowhyte post=48713336]

Exactly!

Virtually everybody in the bus said yes that he's died and was buried by that bridge crossing river.

this thing wey you write na joke abi you serious?
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
in conclusion a white man died while constructing d bridge. he was not Julius berger as he died in a concentration camp during world war 2 in 1942. it is normal for pple to die during construction of dat nature. forget any mumu powerless ifa saying he shud sacrifice his life.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by naija247: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
Julius Berger and his wife Flora were sent to a concentration camp in Terezin in September 1942 where they died of hunger and exhaustion.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
greatgod2012:

The story I heard too was similar to this.

My conclusion about the whole thing is that, if that story is actually true, then, the oyinbos too believes in IFA deity.

Lol, how can that story be true? Doesn't it sound silly and ridiculous to you? A German engineer consulted an Ifa priest who told him the only option he has to complete a small bridge in one remote village in Nigeria is if he sacrifices his life. Chai, big fable. grin

Julius Berger died 20 years before his company came to Nigeria mbok. grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by phaamsaam: 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Had to verify from someone staying at itokin if it was just as my old man said, was the same gist...other contractors had failed prior to him been given the contract n that berger was a proud dude n felt it was a slap to his face that not up to 30m bridge would bring down his ego n pride,and said if its gonna take his life so be it..as long as it was not termed a failed project at the end...my reaction was like, some oyinbos sha...can you imagine??..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by phaamsaam: 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Also that river is just not ordinary, was told its very very deep, especially seeing water shrubs cover it is so decieving, also an aircraft has perished in that same itokin river
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by naija247: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
I am amazed at how some Nigerians believe every stupid story in this internet age. This is something that can easily be verified, instead some would rather believe hearsay.
Remember the story of Nigeria vs India, with Nigeria losing the match 99-1. Some would even swear to watching the match that funny enough never took place.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
phaamsaam:

I'm still trying to figure out which is the bigger fable; this one or the Nigeria vs India alleged 99 -1 football mauling. Chai grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by otukpo(f): 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
Yea, i passed through his grave side earlier this year.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by lukasmuyiwa(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
we don't know who is right and who is wrong now, one is contradicting the other, just kontinu two people never lost lies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Confers National Service Award on Wike (Picture) / PDP Hires Brian Ballard For $90k Per Month / The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.