Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,517 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! (3008 Views)

See What I Cook For My Preggy Girlfriend Today - Pic / Chicken Herbs Pepper Soup For Ladies To Make A Guy Theirs Forever Unveiled / Photos: Meet Chisom Ugwu The Nigerian Lady Who Left Are Village In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by NevetsIbot(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
mum's down with asthma so She can't cook. I'm left to prepare dinner and time has gone. Abeg... Someone shuu teach me how to prepare ugwu/egusi soup nah
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
Buy a processed equsi(grinded one)......

Buy palm oil....

Buy pepper....

Buy fish....

Then....yhu qood to go bro.....pour it in the pot in order of my list....

#ThankMeLater
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
Why can't you Google it. grin grin should I give you link? grin kiss wink
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
go to youtube

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
body dey do you for this forum, your period just end abi
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
Teach him na..shebi na woman u be tongue
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nastydroid(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
call your ex/gf to help you out.
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Mockinbird: 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sorry dear, i coulda help but, i don't cook concortions. Meanwhile; where are the ugwu hawking flatron ugandan jews?! Your sis needs help.
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by AfricanApple(f): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
ModsAreMad:

Buy palm oil....

Buy pepper....

Buy fish....

#ThankMeLater
poison undecided
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by NevetsIbot(m): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
ModsAreMad:

Buy palm oil....

Buy pepper....

Buy fish....

#ThankMeLater
wickedness... Goan sidown jooor.
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Jarizod:
Teach him na..shebi na woman u be tongue
put an empty pot on the fire, pour the Palm oil in the pot and let it heat up, then put the ground egusi and fry it on medium heat for 10 - 15 mins
Add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the fish and meat) little by little while still stirring the egusi. So you add a bit of the stock, stir-fry for some time, add another, stir-fry and so on. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can start adding hot water in the same way till you get the consistency you want. If your choice of vegetable is bitter leaf, add it at this time.
Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes, stirring at intervals. Also, top up the water when necessary. If you don't stir it, it will burn. It takes 30 minutes to cook egusi properly else the soup will not taste nice to someone with authentic Nigerian taste buds. Also, egusi that is not cooked long enough may cause upset stomach. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has separated from the mix.
Once you are happy that it is done, add the ground crayfish and pepper. Stir and add the Nigerian pumpkin leaves or spinach (alternative).
Stir very well and add the cooked stockfish, shaki and meat.
Add salt if necessary. If it is too thick, add some water to bring it to a consistency you like.
Cover and leave to simmer

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by solepager(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mockinbird:
Sorry dear, i coulda help but, i don't cook concortions.
Meanwhile; where are the ugwu hawking flatron ugandan jews?!
Your sis needs help.
the op said he wants to cook egusi/ugwu. When did he mentioned concortions.
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
shocked shocked how did you know? grin
NairalandEFCC1:

body dey do you for this forum, your period just end abi
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
AfricanApple:
poison undecided

you must be jokinq....

That my well-arranqed procedure is what you call 'Poison'....

undecided undecided......
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by solepager(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
put an empty pot on the fire, pour the Palm oil in the pot and let it heat up, then put the ground egusi and fry it on medium heat for 10 - 15 mins
Add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the fish and meat) little by little while still stirring the egusi. So you add a bit of the stock, stir-fry for some time, add another, stir-fry and so on. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can start adding hot water in the same way till you get the consistency you want. If your choice of vegetable is bitter leaf, add it at this time.
Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes, stirring at intervals. Also, top up the water when necessary. If you don't stir it, it will burn. It takes 30 minutes to cook egusi properly else the soup will not taste nice to someone with authentic Nigerian taste buds. Also, egusi that is not cooked long enough may cause upset stomach. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has separated from the mix.
Once you are happy that it is done, add the ground crayfish and pepper. Stir and add the Nigerian pumpkin leaves or spinach (alternative).
Add salt if necessary. If it is too thick, add some water to bring it to a consistency you like.
...quinn quin..*coughs*erm erm. I get eba o cheesy
CrazyQuinn:
...quinn quin..*coughs*erm erm. I get eba o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:
...quinn quin..*coughs*erm erm. I get eba o cheesy...quinn quin..*coughs*erm erm. I get eba o
oya start to wack na grin cheesy wink kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Go and ask Anambra State Governor.. Willie Obiano.

Anything about Ugwu, he's an expert cool
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by naija1stpikin: 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
This section should be renamed 'Trash bin'

What is romantic about this rubbish?
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
CrazyQuinn:

Make copy and paste no bend ur hand o undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by flokii: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nastydroid:
call your ex/gf to help you out.

Shebi? or close female frnds

@OP sorry about ur mom, wishing her quick recovery
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

Make copy and paste no bend ur hand o undecided
don't worry it won't cheesy kiss wink
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by jozee8: 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
AfricanApple:
poison undecided
serious one o!
make i teach my guy how them dey do am make e no be like say guys dey dull!!

buy egusi, oil, ugwu leaf, crayfish, fish/meat, pepper, salt, maggi, and onions.
put ur pot on fire alow it to dry up, before then put ur granded egusi in a bowl that can contain it and add a little water as if u want to soak garri( make the water no much o) put oil inside ur already dry pot, allow it to fry like 3 minutes, add ur dissolved egusi and continue to steer (continually o) untill about 5 minutes or there about ( when u notice it has fried ( make e no burn abeg o) then add a like a cup of water cover and alow it to boil like 3 minutes, then add ur salt (1 table spoon, if you are cooking like 3 cups) add ur washed ugwu leaf, add pepper, ur fish (u can paboill it before now if you like) add maggi then steer and cover it for atleast 10 minutes ( make e done wella) my guy just bring am down ur egussi is ready for choppinson.

note: grand ur egussi together with ur cray fish and pepper if it's dry pepper! thanking you, welcomed! wink
AfricanApple:
poison undecided
serious one o!
make i teach my guy how them dey do am make e no be like say guys dey dull!!

buy egusi, oil, ugwu leaf, crayfish, fish/meat, pepper, salt, maggi, and onions.
put ur pot on fire alow it to dry up, before then put ur granded egusi in a bowl that can contain it and add a little water as if u want to soak garri( make the water no much o) put oil inside ur already dry pot, allow it to fry like 3 minutes, add ur dissolved egusi and continue to steer (continually o) untill about 5 minutes or there about ( when u notice it has fried ( make e no burn abeg o) then add a like a cup of water cover and alow it to boil like 3 minutes, then add ur salt (1 table spoon, if you are cooking like 3 cups) add ur washed ugwu leaf, add pepper, ur fish (u can paboill it before now if you like) add maggi then steer and cover it for atleast 10 minutes ( make e done wella) my guy just bring am down ur egussi is ready for choppinson.

note: grand ur egussi together with ur cray fish and pepper if it's dry pepper! thanking you, welcomed!
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nastydroid(m): 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
flokii:

Shebi? or close female frnds
@OP sorry about ur mom, wishing her quick recovery
yes,people just create threads to be noticed these days
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nastydroid:
yes,people just create threads to be noticed these days
and you think I'm an attention seeker by seeking cooking help? Dude. Not cool
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
jozee8:

note: grand ur egussi together with ur cray fish and pepper if it's dry pepper! thanking you, welcomed!
bros, ive cooked it sha o. I added palm oil in the dry hot pot first... Fried onion and peper till the peper got done. I added the watttery egusi and waited for the egusi to cook wella. Added Titus fish and let it boil gidi gan. Added curry, thyme and maggi with little salt. Waited for some time and then added the Ugwu... Just finished eating and it tasted great! Weda na wrong procedure. I sha don chop. Thanks
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow..am impressed kiss
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
kiss kiss kiss
Jarizod:
wow..am impressed kiss
Re: How Do I Cook Ugwu/egusi Soup? Urgently!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:

Buy palm oil....

Buy pepper....

Buy fish....

#ThankMeLater

Bros, egusi before palm oil?, but why na? And where is the ugwu?

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Always Finds It Hard To Forgive / Sex Robot Who Can ORGASM And Remember Ur Favourite Position Now Available / Different Types Of Guys When Chyking (wooing) A Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.