Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant (37684 Views)

Soludo Backs Buhari’s Emergency Bill, Proposes N19trn ‘Anti-Recession’ Blueprint / Emergency Powers Bill: LCCI, MAN, NLC, Others Back Buhari’s Proposals / Lawmakers Reject Buhari's Invitation To Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by castrokins(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Is He Not Already a Tyrant?

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2016
He already is a tyrant, the bill will only legalize it.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by helphelp: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Buhari
Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Echo50(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2016
It is a pitiable pisma pisma
Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Miles300: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2016
gratiaeo:
Buhari wasted 6 good month before naming his underperforming ministers.
and this is the very place the problem started from , no cabinet in place for months and no direction do they think it will not have effect on the economy , modern day economy waits for no one .. Now everthing is goin out of hand and they are busy accusing past admin for there own backwardness ..

5 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Pacientdokk: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2016
DropShot:
Wrong, sensational and misleading headline.

Journalism in Nigeria is very junk. How can personal opinion of a few senators outside the senate in session be made to look like the body of senators has officially rejected a bill not yet tabled at the senate?
every good Nigerians pray and wishes better days
for this country but we need to remember this
say" absolute power corrupt absolutely". This
connote that in future this power can wheels who
ever that possessed it to derail b4 he even realise
himself. So, checks and balance propounded by
scholar A.V.Diecy I think is necessary. But 4 now
lets wait and see the real details of this intended
bill.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by chieveboy(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2016
Good! What Nigeria needs right now is this Democratic-Dictator!

I will allow for him to have these powers

Irregardless of the hard condition people are facing in Nigeria, I give Buhari a Pass mark on having the innate desire to put Nigeria on the right track

In the first place, Objective analysis will show that the present condition of the nation was brought about
by the fall of Global oil Prices which impact opened up when Buhari took power (GoodLuck was Lucky that time).

Add that to "corruption fighting back" in saboteurs of public property and funds especially pipelines--the very nerve that literally keeps the food on people's plate in Nigeria! That is a 2-0 score against Buhari and Nigeria:

This means money from abroad which cushioned the impact of the stealings that the Nigerian economy faced fell short, and the 'money within' is with 'Corruption Fighting Back' am sure all of us can remember one of the famous demand of the vandals ; that "corruption investigation against some people be stopped"

So with shortage of income for the Nigerian economy from within and without which had allowed Nigerians to 'live on credit' all these years with their bellies full and not complaining...Nigeria will do well with the perfect Democratic-tyrant.

The senators objecting this Bill may be right, but these are desperate times. Each move right now by the senate and presidency is like that on a chess board. You cant be sure these senators are not just after protecting their relevance to the presidency in terms of 'Ghana must go' patronage, and also that of the President if he is after power. Right now, Am with the president!

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Prince081: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2016
What Nigeria needs is strong institutions and not strong individuals. I strongly feel that we need a referendum to invite white expatriates to manage Nigeria for 20 years.

11 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Tokt: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2016
The objectives of the bill will include shoring up the value of the naira, job creation, boosting foreign exchange reserves, reviving the manufacturing sector, and improving power supply.

Why will any senator who has his senses intact go against the above noble intentions.
Buhari should go ahead to present the bill and leave these senators for us. Am sure majority are pdp senators.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by goshen26: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2016
Choi......baba can't cope with democracy style of govt., he is used to military n dictatorship

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by goshen26: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Choi......baba can't cope with democracy style of govt., he is used to military n dictatorship ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Izonpikin: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Miles300:
and this is the very place the problem started from , no cabinet in place for months and no direction do they think it will not have effect on the economy , modern day economy waits for no one .. Now everthing is goin out of hand and they are busy accusing past admin for there own backwardness ..
rather the president was busy fanning the embers of tribalism and agitations in the country..went all out to fight a fake corruption war, all to land us where we are presently...

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by oteneaaron(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2016
DropShot:
Wrong, sensational and misleading headline.

Journalism in Nigeria is very junk. How can personal opinion of a few senators outside the senate in session be made to look like the body of senators has officially rejected a bill not yet tabled at the senate?

Junk journalism, and Click baiting by Nairaland Mods......

so annoying angry
Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Saintp(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2016
Prince081:
What Nigeria needs is strong institutions and not strong individuals. I strongly feel that we need a referendum to invite white expatriates to manage Nigeria for 20 years.

All you hear is oil price all the time as defence for incompetence. Hand over Nigeria to Asian tigers and see what they will achieve with the lowest possible oil price not these useless idiots we call leaders in this country.
Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by damon222: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Even though he is now a complete tyrant, what the senate has done is very correct. I am a Nigerian and I want to use this opportunity to thanks the senate and also Suen for not banning any body so far. I must comfess my appreciation. Tempers are indeed very high.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by holluphemydavid(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2016
I tink people who dnt knw Buhari will start to knw him now, dis is wot we Nigerians deserve, if we like we shud still vote him in 2019

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by GreatEngineer(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2016
@standing5, what can you say about about this? Maybe these people have not taken their breakfast for seven days or their thinking have K-leg also.

You will soon hang yourself for the sake of defending selfish politicians.
Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Dagaya(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2016
please i need someone to educate me on this...why would a sitting president require extra powers. considering his party are the majority in the legislative arm of government...what is he going to do differently if given this power...where is his economic blueprint for delivering us from this recession we are already in.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2016
"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure." - U.S. Supreme Court, Juestice Thurgood Marshall

4 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by zinny377(f): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2016
Am glad the house is thinking right on this issue. I can bet that there are other hidden agenda behind this bill, more power should not be given to this president oh! Except of course we want to give up democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by izombie(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Did anyone read the reasons buhari gave for needing theae emergency powers? Those reasons are really familiar, much like buhari's election promises which he has failed to fulfil any. Btw, is buhari saying that presently he has no powers to do anything for nigerians?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Abra4real(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Islamization in progress. Some "Christians" won't see it coming.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by repogirl(f): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Oxenomy:
You don't give sweeping power of any kind to a madman.. Yes Buhari is a madman and giving him that power is a suicide mission for our country's democracy. After giving him sweeping economic power, he will seek for sweeping security power to fight insecurity and when that happens, then it's safe to say bye bye to our democracy.. That's how tyrant rulars start.. Buhari must abide by our extant laws in all his dealings, if he can't do that, then he should step aside.
Simple! He should kindly step aside if he can't abide by our laws!

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by AreaFada2: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2016
lielbree:
After some ignorant ones will ask what is the use of the national assembly.

Buhari is a tyrant! This is what the former Egyptian president tried to do that got him a death penalty.

When we said Buhari cannot operate within the confines of democratic rules, boot lickers shouted "Tanoid". Democracy has never been palatable to him.

So no surprise that he's extra keen to circumvent it. He wanted power badly. He has wanted power since the 1970s. Only ignorant people without people close to Buhari then do not know that.

Absolute power will corrupt him absolutely.

6 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by damon222: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2016
Even though he is now a complete tyrant, what the senate has done is very correct. I am a Nigerian and I want to use this opportunity to thanks the senate and also Suen for not banning any body so far. I must comfess my appreciation. Tempers are indeed very high.
Buhari is the temptation we have now.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Neatboy(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2016
The Bible says that "I will give them a leader of their heart." A wise man also said that when God wants to punish a people He gives them cruel leaders, and if He wants to bless them He gives them good leader. The rise and fall of every nation is traceable to the leadership.

4 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by MissingBudget: 10:12am On Aug 23, 2016
But he said he did not seek emergency powers. Buhari the liar. Kwantinu.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by Forwetinnah: 10:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Naaah!! He's a tyrant already...such bill will turn him into a god!! His so called nephew who's giving his illiterate uncle ideas that have wrecked the country so far must have come up with this trash!!

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant by solace2013: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2016
"explaining that if given further powers, he would more or less reduce the
National Assembly to a rubber stamp like the kinds of legislature that exist in China and Russia".

If our National Assembly can become rubber stamps and our country can become like China and Russia, then that's good for all of us. Who has the independent legislature help? No one except they themselves and members of their thieving gangs.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters / Suhaila Zakzaky: El-Zakzaky Daughter Supported By Shiites, To Continue Protest / President Buhari At The AU Summit In Addis Ababa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.