Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,631 members, 7,844,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Former US President Gives Fashola International Award - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former US President Gives Fashola International Award (5757 Views)

China President Gives Buhari His Gift For Travelling All The Time / President Gives Fresh Charge On Ekiti, Osun / Malwi Vice President Gives Reference To Tb Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by Lagosboy: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2009
chosen04:

namun,

Its obvious u dont live in lag or go out of your house. Is Fashola building a maga city that will be govern by AREA BOYS?. AREA BOYS/STREET URCHINS extorting money from bus drivers in broadlight day in fashola's maga city? why his government empowers AGBEROS, artisans and market women are displaced.

Teachers are on strike. Areaboys have become the teachers to the pupils/students in lagos in the name of maga city project.

Fashola's govt is only pro-infrastructure but anti-people. Its all about LASTMA extorting money from motorist aided by lagos state trained area boys and council officials. KAI seizing traders wares and re-selling to state officilas.
LASTMA officials are now after TOWING vehicles even without any offence committed.

Can u imagine planting flowers/operating a recreation gardens and having it bab-wired and fenced! thats what i call maga city indeed. Our problem is that we sing praises on people just cos some one else is singing without considering the achievements on ground. I

Its same mistake that Nigerians did during OBJ's reign when ARTHUR NZERIBE said lets impeach him every body said he was best president that we ever had until we veils in our eyes was removed.

Fashola the best governor in nigeria? YES. Has he done tremendiously well? NO. He is still an average governor but better than the rest. All this praising singing will so end when the veils in our eyes is removed or if we are to judge is govt against "governors in Other civilised countries in the world"

But come to think of it!! Why is he still keeping the AREA BOYS?.

Food for thought!!!
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by adconline(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
We have to be weary of these dream projects. Bola Ige and ObJ said they would eletrocute all Nigerians with too much energy  from NEPA, little did we know that they were planning  to plunge Nigerians into darkness. What happned to visiion 2000, 2010  and all those dream projects? Inasmuch as I respect Clinton global inniative, let's remember that sometimes they make bad judgement. Was it not Clinton who told us when he came to Abuja that Philip Emeagwari invented the fastest computer in the world? It later turned out  to be false. Emeagwari has turned out to be a scam. So lets hold on and see the completiong of the Atlantic city like Tinapa. Remember Dora Akunyili and all her awards?
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by chosen04(f): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
adconline:

We have to be weary of these dream projects. Bola Ige and ObJ said they would eletrocute all Nigerians with too much energy from NEPA, little did we know that they were planning to plunge Nigerians into darkness. What happned to visiion 2000, 2010 and all those dream projects? Inasmuch, I respect Clinton global inniative, let's remember that sometimes they make bad judgement. Was it not Clinton who told us when he came to Abuja that Philip Emeagwari invented the fastest computer in the world? It later turned out to be false. Emeagwari has turned out to be a scam. So lets hold on and see the completiong of the Atlantic city like Tinapa. Remember Dora Akunyili and all her awards?

Adconline,
U are right. Why all this praise singing when the maga city project is still just a dream that may not materialize. What is so special about the award in the 1st place? Is award not the one that OCEANIC BANK NIGERIA was winning the "best bank" in nigeria for three consective yrs courtesy of Financial times of London?

Most awards received by nigerians are scam, settle me; i award u. Until i see fashola "WORK" on AREA BOYS and "REALLY" working on the maga city project, Calling LASTMA and KAI officials to respect peoples rights and movement and making his govt not just to be pro-infrastructure but also pro- people. I will never be one of his fan.

Am tired of sing early praises on nigerian leaders who will later turn out to be a disaster and total failure. I just pray that Clinton Foundation has not joined "those cash for AWARD organisations!!"
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by adconline(m): 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2009
suffice it to say that Clinton Foundation accepts donations from  all over the world? Its time Nigerians matched dreams with actions. We are at it again, calling ourselves giant of africa this and that while other nations like ghana, botswana and SA went to work.
Mr Yar'dua has now shifted it to Vision 2020, so every time we are about to hit the date we move it further. Its like every time a striker wants to score we move the goal post further.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by mamagee6(f): 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
Whatever, it doesn't change the fact that Yarasick is killing Nigeria[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000].
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by Akanniade(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2009
I earnestly await the day this guy becomes the president of this country.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by Akanniade(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2009
I earnestly await the day this guy becomes the president of this country.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by ridgeman: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
Fashola deserves all the international recognition he can get. It will go a long way to differentiate between the small minded thieves we have in office and the selfless visionaries.

I cannot remember the last time a nigerian governor was recognised for anything other than stealing. Little by little he is being spoken well of.

The world may finally be seeing a glimpse of the true character that real Nigerians have

See articles below

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3d3209aa-8225-11de-9c5e-00144feabdc0.html
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/09eb7cac-7500-11de-9ed5-00144feabdc0.html
http://boblinkus..com/2009/02/fashola-lagos-will-not-fall-to-ruins.html?zx=fff90345dc63830f
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by lannre(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigerians   !  Achivement and success of any  GOVERNMENT  should not be measured by how  much boreholes  flowers and planted trees can get to water their  greens on daily basis.water water everywhere non to drink .I believe the  achievement of any successful government  should  be measure  by the welfare  of the masses. What  is the correlation  of the   accrued revenue (both grants and IGR) to  the  welfare of the masses. How  much is Fashola spending on 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800, days what is thhe economic impacts of such celebrations. international awards when lagos  public schools can not serves as rople model ,students sit on the floors,government  of the elites,ask those who lost their shops at tejuosho. No public office holders are doing us favours, instead they should account for their stewardship. It seems past military dominance of the country make us think otherwise. Who will give Nigerians International awards for perseverance. Oh we deserve a Nobel price for peace. when the country has become chraly boy show ,where anything can Happen.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by pcicero(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2009
lannre:

Nigerians ! Achivement and success of any GOVERNMENT should not be measured by how much boreholes flowers and planted trees can get to water their greens on daily basis.water water everywhere non to drink .I believe the achievement of any successful government should be measure by the welfare of the masses. What is the correlation of the accrued revenue (both grants and IGR) to the welfare of the masses. How much is Fashola spending on 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800, days what is thhe economic impacts of such celebrations. international awards when lagos public schools can not serves as rople model ,students sit on the floors,government of the elites,ask those who lost their shops at tejuosho. No public office holders are doing us favours, instead they should account for their stewardship. It seems past military dominance of the country make us think otherwise. Who will give Nigerians International awards for perseverance. Oh we deserve a Nobel price for peace. when the country has become chraly boy show ,where anything can Happen.
O boy, you are clown. But seriously, you are very right. However, there is honour among thieves, so he deserves the accolades. Truly, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king. Shame on us.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by pcicero(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
lannre:

Nigerians ! Achivement and success of any GOVERNMENT should not be measured by how much boreholes flowers and planted trees can get to water their greens on daily basis.water water everywhere non to drink .I believe the achievement of any successful government should be measure by the welfare of the masses. What is the correlation of the accrued revenue (both grants and IGR) to the welfare of the masses. How much is Fashola spending on 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800, days what is thhe economic impacts of such celebrations. international awards when lagos public schools can not serves as rople model ,students sit on the floors,government of the elites,ask those who lost their shops at tejuosho. No public office holders are doing us favours, instead they should account for their stewardship. It seems past military dominance of the country make us think otherwise. Who will give Nigerians International awards for perseverance. Oh we deserve a Nobel price for peace. when the country has become chraly boy show ,where anything can Happen.
O boy, you are a clown. But seriously, you are very right. However, there is honour among thieves, so he deserves the accolades. Truly, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king. Shame on us.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by tunde300us(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2009
I bet to disagree with some of us who just like to write without any form of concrete evidence.
@lanre: U say pupil sit on the floor in public schools in lagos and u say u dey for dis same lagos shocked Do u know lagos state govt gives free maths and english text books to all public school pupil free of charge,i bet u dont know.
I am very wary of ppl like lanre cos he might just be another PDP person looking for another avenue to say bad thing about the lagos state govt.If every other governor in Nigeria can do one tenth of what the lagos state govt is doing i bet u in the next 20 years nija go become anoda singapore,but all we see is madness and politiking from the federal govt and its various puppet.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by yonybanta(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
That is a great achievement to Nigeria, We are proud to have such a visionary leader (Fashola) in Nigeria.

in fact, his style of leadership is the change we need in Nigeria. This Award is not a surprise to us neither is it the end, this is just the begining i belief much more is coming because the man has done a lot even his enemies can testify that in Lagos State.
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by klerry(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2009
As citizens of this country, i know we are always eager to criticise our leaders especially when they failed to deliver on their mandate, I think in the same vein we should also be able to to give KUDOS to whoever we think, not just think but we see evidences of delivering their mandate. Fashola has tried in the past two years, the same people that monitor our leaders' dubiuos acts have also singled Fashola out for an award. So lets cheer him, we can all attest to the fact that he desrves it. KUDOS TO GOV. FASH
Re: Former US President Gives Fashola International Award by Haksalam(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2009
Fashola is an epitome of good governance. He is good governance personified. Weldone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘i Was Brutalised For Making U-turn In Front Of A Retired Admiral’s House’ / Voters At Oredo LGA Accuse INEC Of Using Fake Register / Nigeria Vs Disintegration - Why Yorubas need to leave Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.